www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMBER ALERT-KENNEWICK WASHINGTON
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: AMBER ALERT-KENNEWICK WASHINGTON Reply with quote

RICHLAND - Benton County and Kennewick police have issued an Amber alert for a missing 5-year-old girl.

Police say she may have been abducted about 8 p.m. Tuesday from her home in Kennewick.

Police chief Marc Harden of Kennewick says the girl was playing in a bedroom, came out and asked her mother if she could go to the store with her grandmother's boyfriend.

The boyfriend returned and the mother asked where the daughter was. The chief says the boyfriend said the little girl was not with him.

Maynard says investigators have ruled out a custody dispute. They have searched the neighborhood without finding a trace of the girl.

Sofia Juarez is Hispanic with black hair and brown eyes. She was wearing blue overalls, a red shirt and white tennis shoes. She is missing four of her top front teeth.

More than 100 people are searching for the girl. It's her fifth birthday today.

Anyone with information should contact Kennewick Police at (509) 628-0303 or 800-841-7953.
Jayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, you're the Java king, are you sure we can't include the Amber Alert ticker on this site?
Jayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RICHLAND - Benton County and Kennewick police have issued an Amber alert for a missing 5-year-old girl.

Police say she may have been abducted about 8 p.m. Tuesday from her home in Kennewick.

Police chief Marc Harden of Kennewick says the girl was playing in a bedroom, came out and asked her mother if she could go to the store with her grandmother's boyfriend.

The boyfriend returned and the mother asked where the daughter was. The chief says the boyfriend said the little girl was not with him.

Maynard says investigators have ruled out a custody dispute. They have searched the neighborhood without finding a trace of the girl.

Sofia Juarez is Hispanic with black hair and brown eyes. She was wearing blue overalls, a red shirt and white tennis shoes. She is missing four of her top front teeth.

More than 100 people are searching for the girl. It's her fifth birthday today.

Anyone with information should contact Kennewick Police at (509) 628-0303 or 800-841-7953.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/22872.htm
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://codeamber.org/?cabu1

America’s Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response
Answers to some common questions:
What is the AMBER Plan Click Here
What is an Amber Alert Click Here
How does Code Amber work Click Here
How would someone not in the immediate area of the Alert be able to help Click Here
I do not see the Ticker, what should I do Click Here

The Origin of the Amber Plan
The AMBER Plan was created in 1996 as a powerful legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, a bright little girl who was kidnapped and brutally murdered while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas. The tragedy shocked and outraged the entire community. Residents contacted radio stations in the Dallas area and suggested they broadcast special “alerts” over the airwaves so that they could help prevent such incidents in the future.

In response to the community’s concern for the safety of local children, the Dallas/Fort Worth Association of Radio Managers teamed up with local law-enforcement agencies in northern Texas and developed this innovative early warning system to help find abducted children. Statistics show that, when abducted, a child’s greatest enemy is time.

CodeAmber.org went live on August 23rd, 2002. Since that time we have grown rapidly as you can see by the statistics in the top right hand column. The number of sites is a real time counter but we update the number of tickers served per day manually once or twice a week.

To help defray the server and administrative expense associated with providing the CodeAmber ticker we are accepting donations through PayPal. Every little bit helps and donations of $25 or more will be recognized with an entry on our "Friends" page along with a link to your site if you like.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, a bunch of stuff on that page didn't work and I realized I have Javascript turned off. That's how much of a Java king I am :) I'll turn it back on and proceed looking at this.

rd

Technical P.S. Java and Javascript are two different technologies, separately enabled/disabled in a browser.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current Alerts:
There are no current alerts.

Previous Amber Alerts

Please visit our
CodeAmber Heroes page.

Since August 23rd, 2002 25,625 web sites have joined Code Amber. Member sites are displaying over 435,000 tickers everyday. Make a difference, get a Ticker.

New!
Code Amber Child Safety Events.

Code Amber Home DNA Kits

Discussion Forums

Code Amber Gear

Code Amber is Proud to support the Klass Kids Foundation Law Enforcement Agencies:
Please contact us regarding how to get your Alerts into the CodeAmber system. Please click here. Additional Information:
Click here to find out how to start an Amber Plan in your area.
Special thanks to Eric Ward's URLwire for providing free Press Release Distribution.
Code Amber is provided as a free public service by BigHits.com, Inc.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://codeamber.org/ticker_code.html

Get the Code Amber Ticker

Please complete the following short registration form to get your Code Amber Ticker. We only collect the following information for our demographic purposes. The Code Amber ticker carries alerts from all 50 states with the UK and Australia in the works. You will not be added to any email lists and you will not be contacted unless you specifically request to be notified of Code Amber updates. Your information will never be shared with any third party.

City:
State/Province:
Zip/Postal Code:

The following fields are optional:

Your name:
Email address:
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://codeamber.org/email_alerts.html

CodeAmber Alerts via Email

The wonderful people at http://topica.com/ are graciously donating their email list management services to help us provide email Amber Alerts to subscribers. The list will be used strictly for notifying you of Amber Alerts. Your email address will never be shared with any third party and you will not receive solicitations or advertising as a member of the list.
CodeAmber email Alerts are compatible with any email service or wireless device that receives text email messages.
Enter your email to receive Email Amber Alerts.

CodeAmber.org went live on August 23rd, 2002. Since that time we have grown rapidly as you can see by the statistics in the right hand column. The number of sites is a real time counter but we update the number of tickers served per day manually once or twice a week.

To help defray the server and administrative expense associated with providing the CodeAmber ticker we are accepting donations through PayPal. Every little bit helps and donations of $25 or more will be recognized with an entry on our "Friends" page along with a link to your site if you like.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were an Amber Alert in effect at this time the ticker would only...

- This is the Code Amber Alert Ticker ...
- Click Here to add this ticker to your site. You could save a life.
- If there were an Amber Alert in effect at this time the ticker would only
- display the details of the abduction along with contact information
- for reporting sightings. A link to enable you to email the Alert
- to people you know in the immediate Alert area will also be included
- in each active alert. Visit CodeAmber.org for complete information
- on the Amber Alert System and how it saves kids' lives.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About CodeAmber.org

Hello,

My name is Bryant Harper, I am the founder and President of BigHits.com, Inc. I am also the proud Grandfather of two adorable girls ages 2 and 3 as of this writing.

Last Summer (August 2002) I was horrified by the viciousness of what seems like an epidemic of child abductions around the United States and recently in the UK. In response to these crimes we have developed the Code Amber Alert Ticker to provide every web site owner with the ability to display Amber Alerts on their site by adding our Alert Ticker. The Ticker is a single line of code that loads a Java Script from our server that is updated anytime we are notified of an Amber Alert.

We would like to have the Ticker on 100,000 Sites by the end of 2003. Please help by adding the Ticker to your site today. Together we can make a difference.

If you are a member of a Law Enforcement Agency please click here to contact us for information on how to get Amber Alerts from your area into the Code Amber Ticker.

CodeAmber.org is provided as a free public service by BigHits.com, Inc. If you would like to help support the Code Amber project, please click here.

Thank you for visiting and we hope to see the Ticker on your site soon!

Sincerely
Bryant Harper
President
BigHits.com, Inc.
Jayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But....but....but....I have the link!

Heheh which incidentally came up totally blank when posted here :)
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't an e-mail alert be better? Looking at an area of this web page (assuming I would modify phpBB to include some Javascript to display the ticker somewhere on every page) where 99.99% of the time it scrolls through the post above that starts "This is the Code Amber Alert Ticker ..."

It's constantly shifting through the text in that post, where you'd then have to wonder "is this the 99.99% regurgitation of "this is what an amber alert looks like", or is there really an amber alert?"

I recommend signing up for the e-mail, Jayne. Then you get a notification of an event, although 99.99% of the time it is spam... :)

rd
Jayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, you're the king :) I just thought it would look good up there under where it says "You have no new messages"
jane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested could bookmark the link and check it from time to time.

I usually avoid being put on newsletter lists (and I get zero spam on my hotmail account).

I find that having a link in my Favorites list encourages me to check interesting links now & then that I'd otherwise forget.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would look good there, Jayne, if it could be kept within that area (would require modifying the phpBB software). The codeamber page has a strip across the top with the text box in it.

This is interesting:

Welcome to the Code Amber Forums

Hi,

This is Bryant, Founder of CodeAmber.org.

Over the past few months we have been receiving calls and emails from concerned and involved people about children who have gone missing but are not the subject of an Amber Alert. All of them requesting action on the part of Code Amber.

Some of the requests were for us to run an Alert in the Ticker. We cannot activate the Ticker unless a Law Enforcement Agency issues an Amber Alert and it meets the minimum criteria of having an identifiable vehicle and/or suspect information.

In an effort to provide support for these children and their parents we have opened this site.

In the event of a missing child event that does not trigger an Amber Alert we will post the information here with all of the detail and photos available.

We are also providing a variety of discussion forums related to Missing Kids issues as well as information on Federal and State Amber Alert legislation.

To report a missing child to the administrators of this site please use the Submit News link and provide as much information as you can, including links to photos and contact/reporting information.

Thank you for your continued support of the Code Amber project.
Bryant Harper
Founder
CodeAmber.org

Sofia Juarez - With no suspect information should Sofia be on the Code Amber Ticker?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes: 113
Comments: 2

Sofia Juarez - With no suspect information should Sofia be on the Code Amber Ticker?

Yes 96.46% (109)
No 3.54% (4)

Total Votes: 113
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: