www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dar Heatherington Vanishes while visiting Great Falls, Mont.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:10 am    Post subject: Dar Heatherington Vanishes while visiting Great Falls, Mont. Reply with quote

http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/AOL/2003/05/05/heatherington050503

Lethbridge shocked as alderman vanishes
Last Updated Tue, 06 May 2003 10:37:44
LETHBRIDGE, ALTA. - A city council meeting in Lethbridge, Alta., began with a prayer Monday for a missing alderman.

Dar Heatherington (AP PHOTO)

Dar Heatherington was reported missing Saturday while visiting Great Falls, Mont.

She had travelled to the U.S. city on official business with the Lethbridge mayor and four other members of council.

Her husband had expected her home earlier that day.

Rental vehicle found

Police in Great Falls say they found the first-term alderman's keys and purse outside her rental vehicle in a downtown parking lot, but there was no trace of their owner.

Police have been tracking credit card transactions and checking surveillance tapes to try to figure out what happened.

Lethbridge Mayor Bob Tarleck says the 39-year-old mother of three stayed an extra day in Great Falls for some meetings.

He says city council and the community are shocked by the disappearance.

"I've cancelled a couple of meetings outside the city this week, because I think that it's important that I'm in the city," he said.

Lieut. Brian Lockerbie says while police are concerned about Heatherington's safety, it's still too soon to know whether foul play was involved.

Police in Great Falls say Heatherington bought a used bicycle to go sightseeing the day she went missing and told pawn shop staff she intended to cycle around the city and sightsee.

Written by CBC News Online staff

H e a d l i n e s : C a n a d a

Missing alderman's family struggling to cope
Dar Heatherington known to Lethbridge police
Hospital leaves patient soiled for 6 days
Ottawa open to joint missile defence talks
West Nile more virulent that predicted: study
Liability fears put smallpox vaccinations on hold
Donald Marshall OK after lung transplant
Pot laws challenged at Supreme Court
Grimes 'irresponsible' for encouraging fish protest: PM
Crab fishermen boycott season

/quote

another quote from Canadian Press wire:
Kids make Mom's Day cards as search continues for missing Alberta alderwoman
at 22:59 on May 6, 2003, EST.
by CAROL HARRINGTON

(CP) - Montana police plan to distribute photos of a missing Alberta alderwoman while back home, her three children keep their hopes up that their mother will come home soon.

"They're making Mother's Day crafts and they want to give these to their mom on Sunday," said Dar Heatherington's husband, David. "I'm hoping they can do that." Police, customs and border patrol agents were searching the Great Falls area on Tuesday for any sign of the 39-year-old woman, said Lieut. Ron Steffens. He said police will distribute posters with Heatherington's photos throughout Great Falls on Wednesday.

Heatherington, who was visiting the Montana city with her Lethbridge council colleagues, purchased a mountain bike from a pawn shop Saturday morning, saying she planned to go cycling.

Her husband, a training officer for Lethbridge's fire department, reported her missing just after midnight Saturday night. Police found her rental car, along with keys, purse and shopping bags, in a parking lot on Sunday.

Steffens said the search Tuesday focused on the city's bike trails along the Missouri River, which run along embankments, ravines and waterfalls. The river, which is full with spring runoff, is wide and calm, and joggers, bikers and people walking dogs were enjoying the paved paths along it on Tuesday.

"It sounds a bit sinister but in this small city it's hard to believe," Sue Cameron, who was walking her dog, said about Heatherington's mysterious disappearance.

"Not much happens here in the way of crime."

A helicopter spent all morning flying over the 12 kilometres of the River's Edge trails, as well as downstream of the city.

"They didn't see anything," Steffens said.

Officers will continue the ground search Wednesday. A fire department boat will examine the shoreline from the river.

"We're trying to get as many different views and as many different angles as we can," Steffens said. "We're going to continue to explore that possibility until we've looked into every crevice that we can.

"We recognize the importance of you folks in Canada knowing that we're doing what we can."

However, Steffens said police have no witnesses placing Heatherington on the bike trails, although "hundreds" of people would likely have been using them.

Detectives are satisfied that a man taken in for questioning is unconnected with Heatherington's disappearance, Steffens said. Neither do they give much weight to a report that the access card to Heatherington's hotel room was used at 3 a.m. on Sunday.

"Like somebody grabbed her and took her room key? That's not what we're looking at," Steffens said.

Police have no evidence of foul play.

Montana's state crime lab found no blood, dents, unusual fingerprints, anything broken or even out of place in Heatherington's car.

"We are absolutely having to beat the bushes to figure out what's going on here," said Steffens, who told reporters Tuesday that police are looking at all possibilities, including the fact that sometimes people choose to disappear.

Steffens said Heatherington and her family have a history with the Lethbridge police, but he wouldn't give details.

"The LPD are aware of this individual," he said. "They have had contact with this individual, and they have had contact with the Heatherington family."

Neither David Heatherington nor the Lethbridge police would comment on that history Tuesday.

Sgt. Jamie Fisher of Lethbridge police confirmed they have sent information on Dar Heatherington to Great Falls and that two Lethbridge detectives were headed south to help in the investigation.

Meanwhile, David Heatherington waited anxiously.

"One moment I'm OK and the next moment I'm in tears. We've been married 17 years and I cannot fathom any reason why this would be going on."

The couple's two girls, aged 10 and eight, and boy, 4, reminded him that Elizabeth Smart, a young girl abducted in Salt Lake City, Utah, was recently found alive after a year.

"That's the high road, that's the optimistic road and I'm going to take that road with them," Heatherington said.

Dar Heatherington is well known in Lethbridge for volunteer work with organizations from the YWCA to the Lethbridge Symphony to the Canadian Ski Patrol to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

"She's always so busy, but she's so well organized she can always find that extra time to do (something else)," said Madeline Balla, who worked with her on the YWCA.

Balla and others described Heatherington as high energy, passionate and optimistic.

"She was very positive, almost too positive," said Balla. "She was almost looking at the world through rose-coloured glasses."

Last fall, Heatherington, whose pet project is downtown improvement, shouted, swore and nearly broke down in tears when her fellow councillors refused to back her proposal for a $50,000 grant for Christmas lights in Lethbridge's city centre.

/Quote

an additional two paragraph appear in CN news article which I will paste below
"Police have determined that Heatherington called her husband at 9 a.m. Saturday to advise him that she would be a little late coming home and that she would miss her daughter's piano recital.
Around 10 a.m., she left a telephone message for a Great Falls commissioner cancelling an appointment they had set up for that day.
Heatherington made some small purchases at a local variety store around 10:45 a.m. and sometime before 11 a.m. bought the bike.
Heatherington's rental car was discovered Sunday afternoon. It was parked near an entrance to the trail system.
Police found Heatherington's keys under the car and her purse and some of her clothing and other articles inside it."

There are two different versions of where the car was, one in a downtown parking lot and the other says the car was near a trail. Also, the keys were under the car. This sounds like something a canadian would and does do all the time, so they do not have to carry their keys with them. Seems odd to me that she would have been biking without jean on or a pocket, normally going biking one would think they would have a pocket. This seems alittle odd that you would do it with car rental keys, as they would be the only keys on the chain? Two keys at most and not cumbersom to carry???

I have a bad feeling that no good has come this ladies way....there is enough hint of things that the police must suspect the husband or something sending detectives to the scene from her hometown in Lethbridge, Alberta. I do not think these places are all that far from one another, and it is possible that she knew someone, will check the distance from Lethbridge to Great Falls, Montana...

Perhaps, she has met with a biking accident, maybe she was not alone, maybe someone followed her there????
kate
jane

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like whatever happened, she was initially willingly involved, since she canceled a scheduled meeting and changed plans to attend her daughter's recital.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethbridge Alberta is approximately 50 miles from the Montana boarder, looks to me like a two hour drive. These cities seem close enough, that it is likely Dar may have known someone from there, but just as easily someone could have driven down from Lethbridge for sure.

kate
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/stories/20030507/topstories/255684.html

Wednesday, May 7, 2003

Police say bike crash or hiding likely in mystery disappearance
By KIM SKORNOGOSKI
Tribune Staff Writer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helicopter and foot searches along the River's Edge Trail Tuesday yielded no further signs of the Lethbridge alderwoman who has been missing since Saturday.
Great Falls police, however, say abduction or foul play is the least likely possibility and instead are leaning toward a bike crash or that Darlene Heatherington is hiding and chose to disappear.

Heatherington, 39, who was visiting Great Falls on city council business, was last seen around 11 a.m. Saturday when she bought a $10 bike at a pawn shop to ride around downtown and the River's Edge Trail.

Several tips led police to investigate three bikes Tuesday morning, but none of them was Heatherington's.

Lt. Ron Steffens said officers continue to examine four scenarios: foul play, suicide, a bike accident and her running away from her husband, Dave, and three young children.

"There are issues in people's lives where these folks may not want to be found," Steffens said.

Offering a morsel of an explanation, Steffens said Heatherington and her family had contact with the Lethbridge police department that may explain why she would have run away.

Citing Canadian privacy law, Lethbridge police wouldn't elaborate. Heatherington did not appear to have any criminal history in court records.

Her husband, Dave Heatherington, was caught off guard by the police statement that some kind of "history" with the Lethbridge police could explain her disappearance, saying they must be referring to occasions when she worked with police in her position as alderwoman.

"At this point in time, I'm flabbergasted," he said. "When I last talked to my wife, she was in very good spirits. I have no idea what the reason would be for her to not want to come home."

Dave Heatherington has been spending the past few days answering a multitude of phone calls from the couple's Lethbridge home -- mainly from the Canadian media.

Her parents and friends have helped Dave take care of the three children ages 10, 8 and 4.

The national papers and the Canadian Broadcasting Co. picked up the story Monday. Many outlets sent reporters to Great Falls Tuesday, crowding the normally quiet daily press briefing

Local police and officials have been flooded with calls from as far as Toronto and Saskatoon, Sask.

The whirl has left Dave Heatherington exhausted, he said Tuesday by phone.

"Now it's a matter of waiting and hoping," he said. He wasn't aware that Great Falls police suspected foul play was not involved.

"That's good, that gives me the indication that she may be alive and healthy," he said. "For my sake and my children's sake, I'm looking forward to a happy resolution."

Two Lethbridge police detectives are driving to Great Falls this morning to share their file and leads in her disappearance.

Police began posting more than 100 missing person posters describing Heatherington and the bike Tuesday, distributing them in a 40- to 50-mile radius of Great Falls.

All of the department's available detectives and officers are working the case, even walking the steep embankment along the Missouri River.

An officer flew the length of the River's Edge Trail Tuesday morning in a U.S. Border Patrol helicopter, looking for Heatherington.

The helicopter had a good view from a few hundred feet up and officers searched closer on land in places that looked fruitful from the air.

Boats from the Cascade County Sheriff's Office and Great Falls Fire/Rescue may join the search today.

The biggest leads -- three bikes -- fluttered away as officers were able to rule out they were hers.

Two bikes didn't match the description. A third bike was locked up along the trail, and police had the pawnshop employee that sold her the bike identify that it wasn't the missing bike.

Steffens said police are focusing their search along the River's Edge Trail and following up any tips.

If she did get in a bike accident on a city street, she likely would have been found by now. With the steep embankments, ravines and coulees along the river, she might not be found if she crashed there, he said.

As part of an informal information exchange, Heatherington, the Lethbridge mayor and five other council members came to Great Falls Thursday.

While most of the group left Friday afternoon, Heatherington stayed a day longer, intending to shop and see more of the city.

On Saturday between 9 and 11 a.m., she did several unusual things.

After checking out of the Holiday Inn Express, she called her husband asking him to videotape their daughter's music recital Saturday evening because she decided to stay longer.

She canceled a meeting with City Commissioner Diane Jovick-Kuntz, went shopping at Dragonfly Dry Goods and then bought a $10 bike at Alias, Smith and Jones pawnshop.

She told the employee that she planned to park at the Civic Center and ride around downtown and possibly along the River's Edge Trail to the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center.

Her rental car was found Sunday afternoon with her purse, wallet and cash inside. The car keys were placed underneath the rear tires.

Steffens said investigators with the state crime lab searched the car Tuesday and found no blood or signs of a struggle.

"They found nothing that would indicate anything but a person locking up her car and leaving," he said.

Though the police department has had a constant stream of tips, no information has pointed to foul play, he said.

Police said suicide also looked unlikely as Heatherington had been in good spirits according to her husband, fellow aldermen and the local city commissioners who saw her Friday afternoon.

Steffens said there is nothing in the Lethbridge investigative file that would indicate a family history of suicide and nothing to substantiate depression.

Lethbridge police said nothing has surfaced in their investigation that would indicate Heatherington returned to Canada.

Meanwhile, local officers push forward in their efforts.

"This community is putting every resource we have into this search," Mayor Randy Gray said. "We view this as one of our own, and we're pulling out all the stops to bring this to a happy conclusion."

/quote

This is from Great Falls Tribune, Great Falls, Montana

kate
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Jane, she was willing, and one would think that if you were going to blow Dodge that you would take your money or make it look like a robbery or something. Sure would like to know what is in that police file, hubby seemed stunned, however more likely denial. WE will see what unfolds.

kate
jane

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to think of a scenario involving police where a woman would want to escape her husband and her children.
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although that would be the case as well for Svetlana if she chose to go into hiding. It is hard to believe.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very weird twist to this story although it has a good ending. It seems that Dar's story doesn't quite add up. I doubt very much that a stalker followed her to Great Falls, grabbed her and partied off to Las Vegas. Seems like she more than likely went on a little fling that turned very bad.

Will have to wait for the outcome of this one, but my guess is that she is guilty of indiscretion and bad taste and should likely be charged with mischief....I don't buy her story for a minute...

kate
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, May 8, 2003
Missing link
Putting together the pieces of this puzzle a confusing job
By RICK BELL, CALGARY SUN

Yes, you earn the right to raise a few questions. Yes, a few eyebrows are sure to go up when your alderman is off on a taxpayer-funded junket to Montana and suddenly the trail of her next few days leads to a Vegas casino and back, through national news headlines and cross-country sound bites to a cornucopia of curious cul-de-sacs.

Bob Tarleck, mayor of Lethbridge, fields the calls from those who put a question mark at the end of all their sentences.

Mayor Bob is quick to tell you there's been a lot of concern for the well-being of the disappearing Dar Heatherington, the alderman in question and the mother of three.

Mayor Bob is delighted to hear Dar is alive and reasonably well. He visited Dar's family in Lethbridge the night before last and says she is a good person and a well-known contributor to community causes.

He calls this particular part of Dar's drama "a very good-news story" especially since he had thoughts of the authorities finding her dead body in a river.

Mayor Bob is equally rapid in reminding you Lethbridge is really a folksy big town more than a concrete jungle. The cops are doing a great job too, adds the popular politician.

"We are a tight-knit community. There's a real sense of allegiance to our people and now a sense of relief. The children have their mother back. On the other hand ..."

Yes, on the other hand.

There is definitely another hand.

"The public have the right to know what really happened. I think they're going to want to have all the facts laid out to them," says the mayor, on the case of his council colleague.

"This is a very confusing story, there are so many mysteries. If this were a straight-forward case of somebody being robbed in another city, there would be no questions. But this is a mosaic with a few tiles missing. The police have the opportunity to create those missing tiles. Until then, it just won't make sense. There are so many details, some a little unusual.

"When you look at the sequence of events, it is difficult for anyone to follow. So many pieces don't fit together. So many of the issues have confused people. I don't think there is much doubt there is some confusion in Lethbridge."

And Lethbridge does not like to be confused.

The mayor then calls for a "full and complete investigation to resolve these discrepancies" while he cautions his citizens to "suspend judgment" until all the bases are covered.

"There is still a final chapter to write in this novel."

Mayor Bob offers opinions on most of what he is asked.

He believes the fact Dar was on official duties in Montana at the time of her departure from public view led to the magnitude of the mission to find the politician.

"That no doubt motivated them. They put forward so much effort in Great Falls," says Mayor Bob, of the Montana city Dar and the Lethbridge delegation visited.

"There was so much tremendous energy and effort to find her. At one point, 12 people were working more than full time on this. And they used a helicopter."

The mayor also talks about Dar's disposition as an alderman.

Last fall, it has been widely reported, Dar shouted, swore and nearly broke down in tears when council didn't back her bid to get the city to pay for downtown Christmas lights.

"She is definitely passionate about certain issues," says the mild-mannered mayor.

"When she sponsors an issue she fights for it. But sometimes she does get impatient. She wants to improve the community and she wants to do it today, not tomorrow."

Mayor Bob searches for the right word of description.

"High-spirited."

The Lethbridge civic leader also confirms once Dar disappeared, he spoke with the local cops and it was then the mayor was made aware of "a file" concerning the alderman and the fact police "had some discussions with her."

He can reveal no further for the moment except to say the reappearing alderman is still an alderman but does have an immediate option.

"She has the right to apply for a leave of absence if she feels she needs to adjust from what has been a very traumatic experience."

Another quote from the Calgary Sun:

Thursday, May 8, 2003
Mystery surrounds woman's trip
Politician found wandering around Vegas after alleged kidnapping
By MIKE D'AMOUR and BILL KAUFMANN, CALGARY SUN

COMPLETE SET OF 30 NHL MINI HOCKEY MUGS, NEW
Price C $19.55

MONTREAL CANADIENS STANLEY CUP HOCKEY WINNERS
Price C $20.89

Toronto Maple Leafs Frank Mahovlich Hockey LP
Price C $20.94

EDMONTON OILERS STANLEY CUP HOCKEY WINS
Price C $15.30

DETROIT RED WINGS STANLEY CUP HOCKEY WINS
Price C $18.09

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS STANLEY CUP HOCKEY WINS
Price C $22.28

MONTREAL CANADIENS STANLEY CUP HOCKEY WINNERS
Price C $20.89

View all 33 items on eBay

LAS VEGAS -- A missing Lethbridge alderman who told police here she was kidnapped, drugged and sexually assaulted here is back home in Lethbridge.

Three days after going missing from Great Falls, Mont., Dar Heatherington was discovered outside the Treasure Island Resort on the strip of this gambling mecca, but was reluctant to talk to police about her ordeal when taken to the nearby University Medical Centre.

"She was unco-operative, argumentative ... she didn't want to talk to police," said Jose Montoya, public relations officer for the Las Vegas Police, who added Heatherington claimed to have been kidnapped from Great Falls and sexually assaulted.

"She said she was tired, that she needed to get some sleep."

Without ever fully explaining herself to Las Vegas sex crimes investigators, Heatherington hopped aboard a plane charted by her husband David, and along with Montana police officers, flew back to the city from which she vanished.

Las Vegas Sex Crimes Lt. Jeff Carlson shrugged off the fast exit.

"We had made arrangements to interview her and get a suspect description and suspect vehicle information, but she left," said Carlson.

"We didn't even get a description as far as white, black, tall, short, fat, skinny -- nothing.

"Until we get more information from her, we're done."

Walking with a slight limp, Heatherington landed at Great Falls, Mont. and was led to police headquarters. She remained in police questioning into the night. Shortly after 8 p.m., she left the station, refusing to answer reporters' questions. She boarded a plane at Great Falls airport believed to be heading back to Lethbridge.

The mystery that gripped Alberta and Montana deepened late Tuesday night, when Las Vegas police were called to the valet parking area of the Treasure Island hotel, to deal with an upset woman.

"A distraught female was found by security," said Montoya.

"She said she'd been kidnapped in Great Falls, sexually assaulted and brought to Las Vegas against her will."

A hotel spokeswoman said Heatherington wasn't a guest at the elaborate Pirate-themed hotel, which boasts a 25-metre-high skull overlooking pirate ships floating on a moat.

Montoya didn't know if Heatherington had attempted to contact police before officers arrived at Treasure Island.

But Heatherington also claimed to have been drugged by her abductor, he added.

"She said she may have been given something," said Montoya, though Heatherington didn't explain how she got to Las Vegas. "She wouldn't elaborate."

Police in Lethbridge were disappointed by Heatherington's coyness with Las Vegas police.

"Las Vegas investigators were hoping to spend some more time with her where she could provide some assistance with that file," said Staff Sgt. Jeff Cove, head of the LPS Major Crimes Section.

"Not having that information certainly hampers our ability to investigate or file a report."

This is not the first time Heatherington has claimed to be a victim of crime.

Lethbridge police would not talk about it, but Sun sources said police have been working with the alderman to identify a man Heatherington said has been stalking her since last summer.

Police have not been able to support her claims.

A family friend in Lethbridge confirmed Heatherington believed she was being stalked.

He said incidents began with phone calls, then letters, then a prowler was seen in the backyard of her home. The family had been in touch with Lethbridge police over the concerns, said the man, who wished to remain anonymous.

The strange story of Heatherington's disappearance started last Saturday, during a trip to Great Falls with Lethbridge city council members.

Heatherington told colleagues she was staying another day to do some shopping, and called her husband to say she'd be late getting home to Lethbridge.

She went missing after renting a bicycle and going for a ride along a riverside pathway. Her purse and keys were found in and around her rented car in Great Falls.

Employees at the Smith and Jones pawnshop who sold Heatherington the bicycle were relieved to learn yesterday their bike was not a factor in the alderman's disappearance.

"People were worried and everyone was talking about it," said pawnshop employee Corey Pierce.

Pierce said staff feared the bicycle Heatherington purchased may have broken down and caused her serious harm.

"Everyone is relieved," he said.

Her anguished husband, David, was told by police his wife had been located in Las Vegas soon after she was found.

After five hours at the hospital, Heatherington was discharged, with the understanding she'd be questioned later in the day by Las Vegas police, said Montoya.

"She said she'd be getting a hold of us later (yesterday) afternoon," said Montoya.

A worker at the University Medical Center in Las Vegas said she was at the hospital for about five hours and released. She looked to be in good health, the employee said.

Montoya said Heatherington's husband chartered a plane and picked his wife up shortly before noon.

Detectives looked for her at Las Vegas airport, but she left without giving police any information.

"Since she is an alleged victim; it's her prerogative if she chooses to leave," said Montoya.

kate
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Heatherington Charged for faking her own disappearance Reply with quote

Heatherington's abduction story 'not credible': police
Last Updated Thu, 08 May 2003 14:13:22
LETHBRIDGE - Police in Montana are confident that Dar Heatherington's story about being abducted in Great Falls last weekend is false, said police in her home town of Lethbridge, Alta.

Sgt. Jamie Fisher told a news conference on Thursday that Heatherington, 39, would appear in court next week. She disappeared on Saturday and resurfaced Tuesday night 1,600 kilometres away in Las Vegas.

Jamie Fisher

Great Falls police charged the Lethbridge city councillor on Wednesday with making a false statement to police. Conviction on those charges could result in a fine of $500, six months in jail, or both.

She returned to the Montana city from Las Vegas on Wednesday, and was interviewed by police there.

Fisher said the charges were laid following that interview and based on things Heatherington said during it.

Dar Heatherington (AP PHOTO)

"Great Falls police are confident that her information is not credible," Fisher said.

Heatherington told police in Las Vegas that she had been abducted, and possibly sexually assaulted, but refused to give details and wouldn't allow a medical examination. She left Las Vegas without following up with police.

"Great Falls police are confident it was a false allegation," Fisher said.

FROM MAY 7, 2003: Heatherington leaves Las Vegas

Lethbridge Mayor Bob Tarleck said there's nothing to prevent Heatherington from sitting on city council while the charges are pending.

But Tarleck suggested she may want to take a leave of absence until her trial is over.

Under Alberta law, she would have to give up her position if she is found guilty of any charges.

Heatherington flew back to Alberta Wednesday night.

Written by CBC News Online staff
/Quote

This lady reminds me of the woman in the late sixties from Vancouver, she alleged and alleged a stalker was after her and she would wind up hurt somewhere with a fantastic story. This woman did end up dead, and it appears as though she could not have done it herself and the police remain baffled. Dar Heatherington is obviously in need of some serious help, and I don't think she got sick yesterday by the sounds of her being known to the Lethbridge police. I hope that she is required to spend sometime in jail or a psychiatric hospital, as this certainly cost the citizens of Great Falls and Lethbridge tons of bucks.

kate
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, this is different anyway, kate. A politician who claims to have been assaulted instead of a politician who claims to have not assaulted someone. But their actions and stories are equally unbelievable...

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: