www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ingmar is back in the news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Ingmar is back in the news Reply with quote

Unfinished Business
2 years later, Levy's death still a mystery

By Allan Lengel
THE WASHINGTON POST

May 5, 2003

Washington - Investigators in the Chandra Levy homicide are continuing to look into the possibility that she was killed by a sexual predator in Rock Creek Park and are focusing on a few dozen sex offenders, including some in prison, law enforcement sources said.

Now, two years after the 24-year-old vanished, investigators are still seeking clues. They have eliminated "several dozen" predators as potential suspects but still have plenty more on a list of offenders who were in the Washington area on May 1, 2001, including Ingmar Guandique, who was convicted of attacking two joggers in the park, the sources said.

"We still don't have any breaks in the case, but it's being worked," said D.C. Police Chief Charles Ramsey. "It's going to take a break. Eventually, we'll get a break. You never give up."

Levy's parents, Robert and Susan Levy, still hold out hope of an arrest in a case that once commanded international attention. The Levys live in Modesto, Calif., and Susan Levy said she "felt the cosmic connection" to another highly publicized case: the slaying of Laci Peterson, 27, the substitute teacher who vanished from her Modesto home in December.

Both Chandra Levy and Laci Peterson were vibrant young women who mysteriously disappeared. Peterson's body was found in San Francisco Bay on April 14, what would have been Levy's 26th birthday.

Peterson's husband has been charged with murder.

"What happened to Laci Peterson has hit me very, very, very hard ... especially when it was on my daughter's birthday that they found her," Susan Levy said in an interview.

Chandra Levy vanished shortly after completing an internship with the U.S. Bureau of Prisons in Washington and just before she planned to go back to Modesto.

The last confirmed sighting of Levy came April 30, 2001, the night she canceled her membership at a gym near her apartment.

Levy's skeletal remains were found May 22, 2002, in a hilly, wooded area in Rock Creek Park. Her leggings were knotted at the bottom of both ends, leading some authorities to suspect that she may have been restrained and sexually assaulted.

The case attracted international attention after revelations that Levy was having an affair with then-Rep. Gary Condit (D-Calif.), who represented her hometown. Condit denied involvement in her disappearance, and authorities have said they have no evidence otherwise.

Condit, 55, lost his re-election bid last year after seven terms in Congress. He is temporarily living in Scottsdale, Ariz., with his wife, Carolyn, said his attorney, L. Lin Wood.

"He's using this time to sort out what he's going to do with the rest of his life. He's a young man. He's got to find a way to make a living," Wood said, adding that Condit was harmed by publicity. "Unlike some former Washington politicians, he has not been offered some cushy state job or lobbying position."

Law enforcement sources said investigators are not focusing on Condit as a suspect.

Sources said authorities remain interested in Guandique, 21, who is serving a 10-year federal prison term for attacking two female joggers at knifepoint in Rock Creek Park within weeks after Levy disappeared. Guandique and his lawyer have said he had nothing to do with Levy's death.
Copyright © 2003, Newsday, Inc.
benn

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laskipper

Lawyers are not about justice, lawyers are about helping their client. Police are supposed to be about justice, but maybe when the suspect is a Congressman politics becomes more important than justice.

Laci died in Northern California, from all appearances, and the local law enforcement agencies now have a suspect awaiting trial. Chandra died in Washington DC from all appearances, and her killer is still loose. The Washington Police are looking again for a predator. Strange that Geragos is looking for a predator also. I guess Scott Peterson would look for a predator if he could.

I don't know what it is going to take to stir law enforcement up in Washington. I may write to Congressman Matsui, who is the Congressman in my district. I just received a letter from him in reply to a letter about Emphysema and COPD that I sent to him. I know he was supporting Condit for quite a while, maybe he still is. I can throw Condit in with my additional letter to my Congressman on COPD.

If enough people become aware of what is happening in Washington, or has happened, in the Chandra Levy murder investigation maybe Washington can be made to feel the heat.

Judicial Watch in Washington is engaged in a lot of legal lawsuits. They were interested in Congressman Condit in the past, but I don't know if they would want to get interested in him again.

I think maybe julhil@aol.com might be the best person for me to email. She wrote
Quote:
WHY OUTGOING CONGRESSMAN GARY CONDIT IS VERY UNWISE TO SUE AUTHOR DOMINICK DUNNE FOR LIBEL
By JULIE HILDEN
julhil@aol.com

That article was published by Laidlaw and is on the site here,

Who knows, maybe she will answer. Part of her biography says that she worked for a while for the National Enquirer, or on cases for them.

I never noticed before but that attorney who wrote for Laidlaw that Condit should prevail in his lawsuit against Dunne is James Dean, a former counsel for the President of the United States. I don't know what James Dean is doing now besides writing articles for Laidlaw, but James Dean was indeed a counsel for the President of the United States, President Nixon if I remember correctly. Dean seemed like a good guy during the Watergate era, but he got led down the wrong path in the Watergate mess.

It is a small world.

Dean is looking at the case as if someone not in government has called Congressman Condit bad names and made up untrue stories about Condit. Dean may have had some untrue stories written about himself during the Watergate era. But I don't think Dean is looking at all of the facts.

That is the reason defense attorneys go out looking for predators. Defense attorneys are not about justice they are about getting their client off. Dean on the other hand in supporting Condit is disregarding any and all facts also, just get Condit off the hook, no matter what the facts.

C'est la guerre,
benn
violetflame

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn
Just read your post adn noticed you are writing to Congress about COPD. Do you have or someone you know have it??? The reason I ask is I am a Respirtory Therapist. If you need any info let me know and I will gladly get what I can from out society magazines for you.
benn

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello violet

Yes, I noticed on one of your prior messages that you mentioned being a Respirtory Therapist, and I posted a message addressing some of your remarks, or at least tying it in with what I was writing about.

Evidently you probably missed it. There are so many messages here.

Well, I am doing fairly well. I quit smoking in the early 1960s. I do not have to take oxygen. I am on a huge email mailing list called EFFORTS, but I don't read much of the mail, only the general bulletins.

Here is the website of EFFORTS, violet, if you get time to look at it. It is all free and non commercial. The owner pays for the site, but he gets a little help.

http://www.emphysema.net/

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: