www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12 year old girl missing in Savannah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: 12 year old girl missing in Savannah Reply with quote

Saw it on AMW. She was not in her bedroom in the morning when the mother's boyfriend went to get her up for school. Don't have any details on whether this could be similar to the girl who was recently found out west with a man she ran off with or perhaps like the girl in Missouri who was found dead nearby and a man staying with the family was charged with her murder. I guess an Amber Alert was not issued because no clear indication of a kidnapping.

rd
violetflame

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu know is it just me or does it seem that this is getting to be more and more children abducted. A few years ago you might hear of one or two maybe three a year. Now it seems thers are at least that many a month. Wonder what it goiing on??? Are people getting nuttier or what????
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had this discussion last year on wc.com, violet. The defenders of all is ok said happens all the time, we're a little nuttier to notice. I considered the source.

rd
violetflame

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
We had this discussion last year on wc.com, violet. The defenders of all is ok said happens all the time, we're a little nuttier to notice. I considered the source.

rd

Yes now I remeber the discussion about this subject. I think you are right consider the source of the OK it happens all the time statement. And maybe we are a little nuttier when we notice these things those of use who post on this or any site for that matter, but I think we notice maybe because unlike the others who just dont care, we do care.
EmmaPeel

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

violetflame wrote:
YOu know is it just me or does it seem that this is getting to be more and more children abducted. A few years ago you might hear of one or two maybe three a year. Now it seems thers are at least that many a month. Wonder what it goiing on??? Are people getting nuttier or what????

Well the statistics show that STRANGER abductions have been steadily going down over the years. However, most abductions are from family members, ususally a non-custodial parent. Amber alerts are not normally used in cases where they believe the child ran away or is in the custody of the other parent/relative, unless there is reason to believe the child is in danger.

I think because of the Amber alert and more national media attention to this it seems we're hearing of more cases, when in fact they were happening before, they just weren't reported as often and then only by the local media.

They had an amber alert on yesterday for a Michigan girl who was in a vehicle. The grandmother was told she had a flat tire in the parking lot and the person offered to change it. Apparently when she got out, the perp jumped into the vehicle and stole it. Thankfully the little girl was found safe about 24 hours later.
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, that's good. I've even read about accidental kidnappings when a car was stolen and there was a child (usually a baby) in the back seat. I haven't read of anybody killing the child to silence them, which is good.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: