www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMBER ALERT-KENNEWICK WASHINGTON
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will enroll in the e-mail system and post here if I get an alert, Jayne. My e-mail is well known and already on every spam list... :)

My ISP put in an interesting check that eliminated most spam mail. They throw away e-mail that doesn't have a responding address. Remember when we were bombed with virus e-mail when we were on cl.com? I got so much, at least one a second, that the ISP had to put a filter in.

rd
Jayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I've done all that already...I was looking at it as an addition to the site is all.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, thought you said something about not wanting your e-mail on a mailing list. Ok, I don't need to do it then. Thanks!

rd
Jayne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible break in missing girl case
02/11/2003

By JIM FORMAN / KING 5 News

KENNEWICK, Wash. - Police are now focusing on the brother of an
executed murderer in the suspected kidnapping of little Sofia Juarez.

The link to a family with a murderous past could be a big break.

It's been a week since 5-year-old Sofia Juarez vanished. Now KING 5
News has learned about one of the search warrants was served at the
home of Katie Vargas, the mother of Jeremy Segastegui who was a triple
murderer put to death in 1998 after saying he would kill again.

Reports say Vargas' teenage son is the target of the search. He is
known to frequent an area near the day care.

Police say a tip or tips led them to the locations over the weekend.
What they found is not known.

Witnesses say they saw a little girl and some teenagers around it
acting strangely.

Detectives are working around the clock tracking down dozens of tips
in the effort to find little Sofia.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_021003WABkennewickgirl.420cff17.html
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the police have their suspect, ten to one that this teenager got no therapy after his father murdered these people and was excecuted. This is the tragedy of the Youth that are brought up in homes of violence. Likely this teenager was abused, and although I do not know his age, I would suspect that his Mother is a piece of work as well, holding to the theory that birds of the feather flock together. Obviously if this boy was hanging around near the day-care, something should have been done, by the the day care and the authorities. It is the poor little ones birthday...

Society must find a way to deal with this phenomenon of pedophiles, it has gone way out of control. Counseling for youth might be a start, that the problem re: recognized early and dealt with....many pedophiles have been victims of sexual abuse themselves...this is so tragic...

I'm certainly not excusing this teen or any other person who sexually molests children, I just feel that if you had such a problem, there is little access to counseling or therapy until after you have committed a crime.
I personally think that Children at age five and less should be taught that there are sexual predators outthere, and that sexuality education should be mandatory all though school. This could help pedophiles to perhaps deal with their problems, and to make children knowledgeable about such things might reduce the number of victims. Something has to be done. The US has an extremely high rate of teenage pregnancies, sexually transmitted disease and pedophiles and sexual crimes.

This poor little girl, and such a beautiful smile...such an infatima
kate
EmmaPeel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect there is a genetic link too. Something that triggers an abnormal desire.

There was an interesting article the other week that contrary to popular thought, most children (boys) who are abused do NOT become abusive themselves. So it seems it's a combination of reasons.

Sexually Abused Kids Don't All Become Adult Abusers: Study

By Serena Gordon
HealthScoutNews Reporter

THURSDAY, Feb. 6 (HealthScoutNews) -- A new British study disputes the common belief that someone who is sexually abused as a child will become a sexual predator as an adult.

The researchers found that only 12 percent of 224 boys who had been sexually abused as children later became sexual abusers themselves.

They also discovered that abusers shared similar risk factors growing up, such as abuse from a female or a history of cruelty to animals.

"Most males who are sexually abused are unlikely to become sexual offenders," says the study's author, Dr. David Skuse, a professor of behavioral and brain sciences at the Institute for Child Health in London.

"But it is possible to identify boys who are at higher risk, and thus to make sure we intervene with those most vulnerable children to prevent them from becoming the pedophiles of the future," he adds.

The findings, published in the Feb. 8 issue of The Lancet, were challenged by at least one expert who says the percentage of abused-turned-predator is probably too low.

Skuse and his colleagues followed the lives of the 224 boys, who had been referred to a sexual abuse clinic between 1980 and 1992, through social services and criminal justice records. Most of the boys were white and their average age at the time of referral was 11. In 1999, the researchers searched national and local police records to look for evidence of any of the boys becoming abusers.

Twenty-six of the sexual abuse victims went on to become sexual abusers themselves, according to the study. Almost all of the abusers had victimized children. About half of these men abused females exclusively. Another quarter abused both males and females; the remaining quarter abused only males. Nearly two-thirds abused someone outside their own family.

The researchers say they were also able to identify some common risk factors for the abusers, including physical neglect and a history of cruelty to animals.

"Sexual abuse by a female was a specific risk for males who became abusers later in life," Skuse says. "And the witnessing of extreme and persistent violence at home -- usually the father or the male partner of their mother was the source of this violence -- [was also a risk factor]."

Dr. John Markey, a child and adolescent psychiatrist at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Mich., says, "The number of individuals who were abused and became abusers is less than what we would expect. There's generally a fear that someone who has been abused is in a high-risk category to victimize someone later."

But, Dr. Kenneth Skodnek, chairman of the departments of psychiatry and psychology at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, N.Y., believes the study may have missed a large number of abusers.

"There is an assumption here that all abuse situations get involved with the criminal justice system," Skodnek says. And that, he adds, is often not the case.

"The better the victim knows the perpetrator, the less dramatic the abuse, the less likely it is that there would be any criminal justice evidence," he says.

"I think the 12 percent figure is quite low," Skodnek says.

Skuse acknowledges that could be a possibility. "We do not know that the other 88 percent were innocent, merely that we had no evidence they had abused from official records," he says.

Whether the figure is low or not, Markey says that someone who has been abused still runs a high risk of becoming an abuser as an adult, and shouldn't be placed in situations where they are alone with children.

"If you know somebody has a history of sexual abuse in childhood, you probably wouldn't want to have that person be a babysitter," Markey says.

There's also an interesting article from a child molestor's point of view. The man puts on a good talk of trying to stay clean...I hope he's sincere...he would be a rare one.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-01-28-molester_x.htm

<snip>He realizes that he can never undo the damage he did to his own daughter &#8212; or to the countless boys he molested. Apologizing to the boys is impossible. He met most of them just once, and he has no idea who or where they are. And he has refrained from trying to contact his daughter. She has a different name, so his being public does not identify her.

He has contentious relationships with other relatives, he says. And the rest of his family -- including ex-wives and four grown sons -- have asked him to stay away. None of his children use his name.

After prison, he traveled to four countries in two years, trying and failing to reinvent himself. His last stop was Jerusalem, where he worked in a hotel as a night desk clerk. One night, a young woman started pouring her heart out to him. "Oh, Jake," she said, "I don't know how I'm ever going to love my father again. He molested me."

Goldenflame was stunned.

"It was my past standing in a dark corner pointing its finger at me," he says.

It was his sign to return and face who he was, however painful.
</snip>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: