www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ wrote:
rd wrote:
yes, thanks for your insight, TJ, but in addition to similarity of timing there is also:

- the similarity of abduction, disappearing from her boyfriend's house,
rd

Well, Jen disappeared in broad daylight, from her own home in the country (not her boyfriend's house). The other events were night time. I don't see the similarity.

rd wrote:

- similarity of same general area as Joanna's abduction,- and similarity in location of Jennifer's workplace, in a small retail store on same main street north of small shop where Joanna worked.

rd

You must remember, we are talking about Lubbock, not Dallas or Houston. A distance of eight and a half miles in a large city might be considered close - in Lubbock that is not necessarily true. There are several distinct neighborhoods separating the locations, including farm land. The same is true for the workplaces. I think you place undue emphasis on the proximity of their job locations.

I probably do, TJ. As I recall, when I mapped out those locations the homes were in S to SE Lubbock. As coincidences go, that's a big one.

But the daylight attack as basically a home invasion and kidnapping is a very different MO, I have to agree.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: He is, unfortunately, still alive. Reply with quote

http://law.justia.com/cases/texas/court-of-criminal-appeals/2011/20753.html
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excerpted part about Joanna:
[quote]
Sixteen-year-old Joanna Rogers disappeared on May 4, 2004. During the investigation into her disappearance, it was discovered that Rodriguez had been in Rogers's internet "chat room" and had called Rogers's personal home phone several times in April and May 2004.

At 3:13 a.m. on the morning she disappeared, Rodriguez called Rogers's personal home phone line, and a ten-minute conversation occurred. Twenty minutes later, Rodriguez called Rogers again, and a one-minute conversation occurred. Rodriguez lived approximately twenty minutes from Rogers's home. Rogers's father heard a noise at 3:30 a.m. on May 4, 2004, but when he looked outside, he did not see anything and assumed that the dogs had just knocked over the trash can. Rogers was missing the next morning.

During a search of Rodriguez's computer, it was discovered that he ran several internet searches on Rogers after her disappearance--these searches were conducted simultaneously with his internet searches concerning the discovery of Baldwin's body
[end quote]

Death Penalty was confirmed by the court. There are lots of wrongful convictions, but this isn't one of them. A real psychopath.

Thanks for the update, Nan.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Rd & Nan. I remember her well.

Yes, this is a DP case!!!

Rest in Peace

Goz
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosendo Rodriguez is schedule to die at 6pm local time in Texas on next Tuesday, March 27th, 2018, for the murder of Summer Baldwin and her baby. He admitted to killing Joanna Rogers. God only knows who else is in the landfill (or elsewhere) by his hands. If he had any decency at all, he'd tell them before he dies so that their families can stop the unknowing waiting, but I don't expect he knows the meaning of the word.

Joanna was 16 years old when he killed her. It's been almost the same number of years since he lured her outside that night until he will die. Does this execution bring the girls or the baby back? No. Does it bring "closure"? Only in that people not directly involved will slowly forget about it all. The families will never really be whole again. Such a terrible, terrible thing. Everyone loses. Will I feel badly that he's dead? No. I will be relieved. I didn't know Summer, but nobody deserves the brutality he inflicted on her. That baby never had a chance to be born. Jo was sixteen, just starting her life. He took that from her, and took her from her family.

Am I in favor of the death penalty? Generally no, because there have been too many miscarriages of justice where innocent people have been put to death and later been exonerated. In this case there is no chance that Rodriguez is innocent. I have no objection on any grounds to what will happen next week, other than it's taken 15 years too long to happen.

If you are religious, a pause for a prayer for all the families might be a good thing. I don't know if Rodriguez's mother is still alive, but if anyone will need prayers that evening, it will be her. Jesus, the misery that man has brought into so many lives!

I doubt I'll be back to this board, but wanted to let you know the outcome. As far as I know, all possible appeals are now exhausted.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said, Nan, and thanks for the closing thoughts in Joanna's memory. Although some very good law enforcement types posted their reasoning in this thread that this soon to be executed murderer was probably not involved in Jennifer Wilkerson's disappearance, I am sure Jennifer is that landfill also.

Thank you so much, Nan, for the years of informative posts and thoughts you brought to the public in this thread for Joanna's disappearance. Missing women cases rarely end well. Finding their remains and executing their murderer is about all we can hope for, and for Joanna and other missing women we hoped for more but found what justice we could.

RIP Joanna and Summer and Jennifer

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42

Jump to: