www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse POI photo analysis links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the color shading/distortion issue taken into account when comparing the uniform to that the uniform of the security company in Hollywood? I found it so odd that the security camera that captured the POI distorted the appearance of how light or dark clothing is. It could certainly impact the analysis here if it hasn't been included yet.

The simple fact is is that it wasn't odd. An outdoor 24/7 surveillance camera uses infrared as "light" for night vision. Cheaper models either didn't have a light detector to flip the IR filter in and out of the picture or the flip could be malfunctioning. The result is that IR is seen as well as light during the day saturating the image. I posted side by sides showing what that does to dark clothes. The Orlando police saw this with their own uniforms, yet never made this clear to the public. They seemed not to understand what they were dealing with, telling the public "don't worry about the clothes". As a result of that incompetence, people have talked about nothing but painters and line chefs (i.e. white uniforms) from the beginning.

What I was looking for was a match from head to toe:
- bike helmet
- shirt with LE insignia
- thigh strapped holster
- long pants
- athletic socks
- athletic biking shoes

I searched night after night on bike patrol images for weeks and was coming to the conclusion it possibly didn't exist, or matched the military reg specs for bike patrol that I saw but couldn't find a picture of. Then I found that Hollywood, Florida security company ad and bam! there was the spitting image of the POI uniform in the ad.

They had just lost their license a few months earlier but I didn't try contacting a company personally. I called in two tips to Orlando police, the holster and then later the face in image 3, and thought the Orlado police had enough to identify a possible security uniform and investigate from there, but never got a response that tips were acted upon. That was back in 2007 when action could have led to some results.

I remain open to a substantive analysis that identifies the objects as something else but have never seen an alternate substantive analysis i.e., desciptive analysis of each portion of the POI image.

One irony of this is that Wikipedia article states POI walked away and never looked back, and this is often repeated, but in fact I have the image of his face where he indeed, stopped and looked back at the car he had just parked. I'm glad I spent the time on this that law enforcement doesn't have time to do, but it has had no impact whatsoever in official statements and the case is in the same position as it was when I did this in 2007.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been going to YouTube and.typing.in Jennifer Kesse and reviewing the first POI video, but wonder if there is a better one to view?

There are two camera sources. The camera in middle of roof surveilling the entrance by pool was released as a video. I actually didn't look at that closely until last year because it was such a dark video I couldn't make anything out. Last year I did some work on it, including the best shot of POI I could grab of him standing next to her car to give another source of relative height.

The other source of images is a surveillance camera on end of poolhouse that was released as a couple of images (I found a third, which was supposed to show POI disappearing behind tree and "not looking back", but I found that he had instead stopped at tree and was looking back.)

Those still images are the best detail, especially compared to that video, but the face being obscured in both images really hampers identifying him.

In case anyone wondering, it is not continuous video and there aren't other potential stills of POI other than those two. To save storage space these surveillance cameras were set to collect uver a time span, I was never able to get anyone to provide any info at all on those settings, but there are common settings and it seems to be a 1.5 second or so lapse between images although the camera clock doesn't reflect that with same timestamp on them if I recall.

This timelapse photography added addition distortion to image as POI was moving through the frame during the timelapse. At this point 12 years later the equipment and settings would probably be difficult to find and re-enact even if info became available, so pretty sure OPD got their wish there by withholding that information.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you called the tip line? If so, I'm wondering if you have heard any of the rumblings that sometimes they don't forward the tips?

I never really paid much attention to it, but I believe this has been mentioned on the Unconcluded podcast. If I'm wrong I hope someone corrects me, but I think they suggest calling the OPD and asking to speak to the detective in charge.

I've been looking and looking for the original images of the POI that were released prior to the video--the images that I think you used for most of your work. I'm wondering if you know anyplace where they still have them intact.

I can't get over that face you came up with. The very last thing I see on the video appears to still be the back of his head, and by this point he is past the main gate and very near to the first post past the gate, (one smaller post before, maybe).

Also, do you believe there is time missing from the video? If so, that is something else I would love to see--the complete footage.

This is yet another of your excellent points. There is no guarantee that any PI--no matter how highly skilled or recommended--would be able to provide the Kesse's with the results they want.

I did call OPD tipline in 2007, twice. One when I found the thigh holster, once when I found his face. I have one of the report numbers the helpful I assume volunteer gave me: 156-119850

I left my phone number, I left my email address, I heard nothing back. When you look at all the violent crime these cops have to deal with everyday I get that investigations are not something they have time to do. But it should be clear what police want. They want a phone call saying so and so did it. They probably have enough of that and blood spatter evidence to not have time for intricate investigations.

The original images are at the top of my POI Blowup page. I got the first two I think from the jenniferkesse site. Yeah, I just checked and they're under the POI Photos link at top of page. The third photo I got from a photo archive active at time, a lot of stuff became inactive and photos lost over the years. I'm glad I ran across it at time.

I don't know what the OPD released, but it seems to be those three stills which is what we have in range of that pool gate surveillance camera. The nature of the way those surveillance cameras were used was a delay between capturing images, configurable and I expect something around a second. The time stamp second on the first two images is 27 and the third image is 28.

The lens is actually open the whole time so you have the motion filming effect photographers use, which cause unnatural effects in the images with movement as this guy was doing walking across the screen. An image is captured after each delay, and those are all the images there are. There are not interval images like when he is between the gate posts.

I remember looking at different monitors to get different takes on the image blowups and realizing looking at one screen that there was a face looking back at me. Pretty shocking to say the least.

I bought one of the last CRT monitors in existence like I used to do my work, a 19" Viewsonic which veterans will recall. As I understand it these glass CRT's aren't even made anymore, I was lucky to find one still packaged up on EBay, because my original one bought the farm. Well it's even been a few years since I bought a replacement on EBay. In any event, I wanted to be able to continue to work with these images as I first did in 2007 and help LE or PI analyze the images if there was interest.

Maybe one of these days.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to view your photos of the POI but not sure which link is the correct one. Could you please provide the link.

The link to the POI Blowups work is:
http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033

I'll be glad to answer any feedback. Big images appear to throw people off bigtime. I've isolated all the interesting parts out to separate images, posted most of them in threads through the years, but very little solid feedback. The interesting parts are solid shapes, but the pixelly distortion of the entire image throws people off. The solid shapes are still there though. We're not talking about vague, subjective interpretations, which I could understand and probably not even have alerted police if it were.

Thanks for taking a look.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing stuff. It does look like the guy's pant legs are bunched up at the bottom. Sometime bike riders do that with rubber bands in order to make sure their pants don't get caught in their bike chains, so the idea of a bicycle security guard may be spot on.

yeah, I looked at that hard for some time. There was something wrapped around his ankle. I think that the cycling ankle cuff makes some sense. Actually I just googled that and didn't realize it was a thing. I would suspect part of the uniform.

It's one more item that points to an armed bike rider. What started it was looking at the head. Honestly, I was just trying to see if it was hair or a hat. For the first day I looked at it, I thought it was a woman's hair bun. But jane pointed out it looked like a bike helmet. And sure enough it is as solid an outline of a bike helmet as you could ask for as I looked at it on multiple monitors including a large screen TV.

I didn't look at the images for more than a year but the unending discussion of the head with no one able to determine anything looked like a challenge. So I dug in. And I didn't stop finding stuff much to my amazement.

I never would have dreamed that this POI was wearing a holster but the thigh straps and holster shape are really solid (holster looks empty though). However I have never been able to find thigh straps like that in a picture. Coming around from back of leg the web strap ends with a --< with top going to top of holster and bottom going to mid holster. Maybe black bar below it is another strap ro mid holster.Then thigh strap continues to front with one or two straps from mid holster.

I have never found that --< strap for holster or anything else. It's unusual enough that if it was ever seen for anything it's likely what this POI was packing on his leg.

The shoes also are bike shoes. The flexibility of the step and the tread can be seen clearly. I have a bike shoe posted right below it and it is a good match.

The holster appears to be on a beveled connector to a duty belt (able to be seen through gate keyhole), and there is a baton or flashlight like object hanging from his belt on his right hip. This again is very unusual getup for an armed bike patrol, I'm not sure if the stuff on his back is normally worn riding. There is some serious hardware hanging over his left shoulder that may be related to the object hanging from his hip, I don't know.

One item of interest is that object hanging from his hip, maybe from his duty belt, is not his arm. That is an optical illusion. A prominent take on this image was that of a badboy wearing a 'do (hair covering) and walking with his arm back and down, i.e.. gang type behavior. It also gives rise to the take that the POI is wearing a T-shirt because it seems the "arm" extends from a short sleeved white T-shirt. But in reality that is not his arm and his arm can't been seen.

While I'm on the subject, I've seen various comments on the interwebs that it is unlikely that the POI would be wearing a bike helmet driving a car. I'm not sure why they think because he is walking wearing the helmet that he was wearing it driving. I think any officer, patrolman, security, etc. of any organization takes their helmet off driving a car and puts it back on getting out of the car.

This POI appears to be behaving military like. I identified a traditional badge in the picture with his face that DoD uses and a security person told me is not allowed to be used by security guards.

This guy could put together anything he wanted, but this is one strange outfit to come up with on his own. I have seen military regs that describe this identical bike patrolman uniform, and the one southern Florida security company ad pictured on the page that is almost a perfect match. That's all I got though. I was hoping for OPD to followup.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that's great you have these images blown up.

So I wonder if this POI in that security outfit is a security guard?

That reminded me of the Sasha Samsudean case, where she was raped and murdered by a security guard:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?292990-FL-Sasha-Samsudean-27-raped-amp-murdered-Orlando-17-Oct-2015

No idea if there was a connection, I know that her murderer, Stephen Michael Duxbury was arrested and found guilty. Sasha's condo Uptown Place Condominiums is about 13 minutes away from Jennifer's home at Mosaic in Orlando.

I wear cuff bands, there are several different style out there, the ones I use have velcro on them.

Didn't know about the security guard murderer there in Orlando. Thanks for that connection.

It looks like he would have been 24 in 2006 and his mug shot is one of those faces that the POI third image looks like. And it would eliminate a lot.

He was a Security Guard for Balsams Grand Resort Hotel in New Hampshire (2004-2008) when Jennifer disappeared.

Interestingly, he then went into the Air Force (2008-2014) and was a Pharmacy Tech.

Then to Port Orange and a Security Guard again and tragically Sasha Samsudean lost her life.

I don't know, there's enough here that I think we'd have to ascertain his work schedule at that time, that it wasn't during time off from work to eliminate him, but the resort changed ownership and is closed for renovations now.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a camera CAM2 covering the entrance and luckily where the car was parked, it covers walking mostly around the pool. The have another camera CAM3 that's covering the pool gate that picks him up after he gets that far around the pool.

There is a question about a 20 secondgap to cover the 30 some feet between CAM2 and CAM3 coverage. The fact that it took him 20 seconds to cover maybe less that 40 feet says he quit walking. For starters, you can toss out that ridiculous "walked away and never looked back" nonsense. We know he stopped and looked back when he got to the tree.

It appears that after he got around the pool and reasonably out of sight and disconnected from the car that he was checking if anyone was noticing.

He did the same thing when he got past the pool gate to the tree. I just don't see why anyone would be surprised. It also completely eliminates some unknowing person parking the car with the mindset of a parking lot attendant. This guy was planting the car and didn't want to be connected to it. That's clear to me from the pauses he took walking away.

I thought that looking back from the tree indicated it, but I think stopping for several seconds when he got around the pool from the car leaves no doubt imo. He was keeping a careful eye on whether anyone saw him before he left.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I took a look at the two CAM videos stitched together. I will get a link for that and post it.

I can see POI in CAM2 walking much better than years ago. Just a much better setup now and years of YouTube viewing since then so I can deal with videos better.

Obviously you can't see much but I was looking for equipment darkness on that white. I saw some darkness. I blew up a CAM2 snapshot from 13:00:01 and darkened it. And sure enough there's the shoulder patch I've been talking about for 11 years now.

I compared to law enforcement shoulder patches from image 1 on POI Blowups page, but the patch was blurred. It looked overlaid disproportional due to movement, and I only had a solid top of patch to compare with, but I was sure there was a shoulder patch.

With this full body outline we have a prominent shoulder patch shape. Below it I compare to Orange County Sheriff patch, a generic security uniform shirt, and the security company uniform located around where she visited on weekends.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5399

And with this and an earlier post about the hand and the markings on the shoulder, I'm now able to make some major simplifications in identifying the uniform.

Look at shoulder patch shape next bar over from the hand. (The possible hand and even arm are floating and out of position due to movement). The shoulder patch shape is probably the traditionl LE / DoD bdge shape I highlighted from image 3 seen on the Security uniform shirt for example. That means there isn't a badge by that shape, which threw things off in identification, and that POI didn't turn completely around but only paused and turned his head to look back. The shape is his shoulder patch.

I have a lot of work to do to help people make sense of all this on the POI Blowups page.

The point here is law enforcement shapes do not appear randomly. Random noise in images does not take the shape of law enforcement patches. Look anywhere else in these blown up images and point out anywhere else there is a law enforcement shape, there isn't, but on the shoulder area there is, in multiple images, and it can't be dismissed because it isn't a Kodak moment.

Yet it is and has been ignored for 11 years now. I'm at the point now where it will be karma if it is an Orange County Sheriff patch and they refused to investigate it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's look at the surveillance setup. Looking at the pool building, I know that CAM3 was in an eave on the end of the building pointed at the pool entrance gate. I was there and looked up at where a camera would be positioned to see through the slats, there was news coverage of measuring distance from it, etc.

My thought was that the surveillance camera that captured the car driving in was centered on the pool building roof, but was a wider angle camera than the poll gate CAM3. If you swing an arc from where car was parked to same angle on other side, that is very, very wide and would cover practically to CAM3.

However, with footage stopping at about half the pool, if we assume that was the wide angle range of the camera then it was positioned primarily at lane between hot tub and pool. That I wouldn't expect, I would expect this camera to be covering the lane entrance from Texas. That would also cover the area that is missing but probably wouldn't have covered where Jennifer's car was parked.

But... my understanding was that there was another CAM on other end of building that would have focused on area where Jennifer's car was parked like CAM3 covered the pool gate. But as I understand it wasn't working.

It is possible that a compromise was made with let's call it CAM1 not working and CAM2 was swung around to cover some of that area, and consequently no longer covered the area between mid pool and the gate. I have no idea, but it seems a reasonable explanation for what's going on. Hopefully someone knows what the setup was.

Now for a general question that people with some experience with surveillance cameras may be able to explain. As I look at the CAM2 video the center of the picture follows the movement of the POI. The timestamps starts on right cut off and swivels across the screen to the left. The video has all the appearances of a motion detector camera swivelling to follow this person's movements.

Is this done by manually taking only a portion of a wide angle shot that includes the image of interest, the POI, and stringing those together instead of the same number of wide angle shots? How does the POI stay centered as the video progresses around the pool and the timestamp flow across the screen?

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't suppose he could have left it in the bushes at a prearranged time and had someone pick it up so he could take the bus? Would he be allowed to carry in a holster if he used public transportation?

That's actually an interesting thought. Or himself to come back by driving later and pick it up hidden in the hedge. He was doing something there for 20 seconds. Even if it was a taser and he was legally allowed to carry it, I would think it would draw attention he wouldn't want at that time.

I just have to think that he would need more than just show a gun to Jennifer and she would meekly allow herself to be abducted. I expect the point of carrying a weapon was to use it to disable. It's not one of those things you hear much about being used in abductions, but it certainly will disable you as police often do.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A badge of some type would seem to indicate a shift worker, not a eight to five worker, for what it's worth.

I agree, but indications to me now from all images is that of a shoulder patch such along the line of Orange County Sheriff, the badge shaped shoulder patch on the Security shirt I picture on Blowups page, or other shoulder patches with a descending arc to them, not round or oblong for example.

This is based on side view of shoulder area, and shoulder patches are much larger than badges as well. These are largish shapes.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done any work on the POI’s clothing colour? Ie changing it to a darker shade, as the white is throwing people ?

I don't think we'd have any idea what color they are. The OPD said their own uniforms showed up light in the camera, but they (not surprisingly) didn't indicate how it compared to POI. They reviewed days worth of surveillance, they didn't compare POI to everyone else. They didn't give out camera model and settings so tests could be run by people with more time than they have to see what clothes would look like this (maybe a wide range of colors).

And I'm sure they didn't put any effort into it, they said "don't worry about the clothes".

There's our crack investigation right there, nothing's changed in 12 years.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting how two people can see the very same thing and come to different conclusions . I do see a holster type but to me it looks more like a safety harness. The type for roof work . It also could hold a double sprayer .

This is very good. There is hardware on his back and I don't see anything in the "holster", just shaped like a minimal holster with strange web shaped thigh straps. There also was believed to be a tank on his back, some suggested a water tank. I am inclined to think you are on to something here.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write about this frequently, even in last few days. Image 1 you'd think is an arm, right? Well guess what. That's the curled "hand" that I pointed out the other day. Now whether it's a disjointed hand and even looks like an arm extending to it, but of course not a normal part of the body, if it is it's visual artifacts of moving with the lens open.

Well of course the lens is always open except to save away the image and start a new every split second, and he's moving and we don't have weird artifacts everywhere, like the way superheroes are imaged as moving at speed of light or whatever. So it could be a random weird visual artifact that just so happens to be close and behind him. but whatever, it's not his arm. It's curled stuff. Look at his neck to see for example what his skin looks like. (Even there there is a mystery ring around his neck in all three images, even can be seen below that face in image 3.)

Moving on to image 2, I wrote about this just the other day. I warned that that is an optical illusion. Everyone thinks that is a guy walking with his arm straight down and back, i.e., gangsta style, or "we bad" in comedies such as Pryor and Wilder, but no, not an arm.

What that is is a perfectly cylindrical object at belt height. Above it looks like some web strapping connectors. I have isolated these pieces back in the day and tried to identify them, all that is on the Blowups web page. It is right next to the holster, it looks like a holster with a flashlight or baton on right hip. I considered and posted at one point possibly a flashlight that had a connected disabling spray as I've seen in my research.

Close up it looks like a cylindar object, from the image with naked eye it looks more like a visual artifact, but again, close and behind the POI but lower, at waist level instead of shoulder level.

Even with naked eye, it clearly isn't an arm. You have to pull way back and just sort of glance at the picture and at that level it's an optical illusion of an arm. Same for image 1.

Now the labelling is a very good explanation attempt. Look at the Blowup page and find the shoe and then flashlight pictures. Page down to enlarged image below, once to head, once again to gate lock, and then again and you are at his waist. There is the tube and holster together. You will see where is labelled wrist is a holder or clip type extension on the side of the tube, you can count four surrounding rims if you will and the black depression at bottom of it.

Just below that is the bottom, what is labelled as maybe a fisted hand (because obviously fingers etc. aren't seen). What you see there is a perfectly round black bottom, same as in the bottom the holder/clip, which appears to be due to shading. You will note the rest of the tube is a uniform gray color.

While I'm at it, the holster is on other side of rail. Note the web type strap that stops at a Y shaped connector to top of object and mid-object, I have called it a holster but object open to interpretation. It's wedge shaped, bottom wider than top.

Note from top where top Y strap goes and up to left is what I call a bevel connector. There's undoubtedly better and correct names for it. It's one of those connectors that swivel and whatnot to connect to duty belt above but allow movement.Above and to left of the roundish connector is a square base for the connection.

Now looking at this on a normal these days monitor like I'm doing now, this stuff is really rough looking. But when viewed on a 19" CRT at the resolution of 1024 x 786, where I did all my work and found this stuff, it is unbelievably beautiful. The multiple edges of the bevel and base are crystal looking they are so sharp. I could go fire up the laptop and CRT and look again, but a lot of trouble to see something I've seen and no one else can see.

Thanks very much for that.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was he walking, if you know?

Is there a sidewalk between the short hedge and the tall hedge? From Image 1, it looks like he is walking on the other side of the low curb? That's quite a distance away from the fence.

There is not a sidewalk between the low and high hedges the way it was back then (I haven't been there in many years), but not only is there distance from the fence, but that walkway to the gate is inclined, and not a shallow incline.

On top of that, at the end where that tree was is a wall that extended out into lane and ends at the tree. That tends to divert people further out into the lane because they will have to stop and walk around the wall were they to stick close to the hedges. One would expect a diagonal path the POI is taking where seen through the gate in a path to the tree where he stops.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: