www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse POI photo analysis links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is debate as to whether the POI was wearing long hair in a bun versus helmet.

I have been taking a hard look at the pictures again tonight, particulary the head and hip / thigh area with the webbing. Been many years, too long.

Still 2 is the one with the profile angle that lets us see this stuff in relief. For the head, it's really the top that gives away that it's a bike helmet. Follow the top from the fence post back. It rises from the fence post, arcs, then drops suddenly and levels out, rising a little again. The patterns are so sharp and regular and in the shape of the top of many bike helmets that it's a little difficult to see hair doing that. The best relief pattern is below the picture of the hand holding an X26 in my lineup of enlargements.

The actual back that would be the bun is not as sharp in that picture, but there are others on the page that show the back of the bun does that distinctive double hump of the back of many bike helmets, then diagonals from there back down to the neck. That alone wouldn't firmly indicate bike helmet, but the entire pattern from the front of the top all the way around and back down to the neck is a solid bike helmet pattern.

The other thing I'm looking at is the sideways < shaped web strapping to the solid holster shaped object on his side hip to upper thigh. The upper part of the < actually goes to right above the top of the holster, the lower to the middle. I have looked yet again at many many holsters and have yet to find that sideways V web strand in a picture. I probably should have been looking throughout the years but I thought someone in that line of equipment would recognize it. Didn't happen. I'll look some more.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been doing some research a few months ago and found these pictures in my archives. I was going to do an exhaustive search of bike helmet brands to find a close match and realized I already had it on file from my previous searching last summer. Pluses in addition to matching the shape are a neck strap that could be the ring around his neck and police logoed models.

These are Rudy Project bike helmets. I also saw Giro models that are close. What would help is feedback about these brands and any preference known by any security or law enforcement, for example the Rudy Project has models for police. The POI may very well be an imposter and the gear may be his own selection, but any association known for use would help identify his influences.

I will work next on the holster. The upper strand of the thigh straps separating to anchor both top of holster and side is very distinctive. The holster also is relatively narrow like an X26 holster, not a big wide unit as is usually seen in pictures of drop down holsters.

And maybe that distinctive strapping would point to some other type of holder than a holster. Also I saw some videos of reworking holster webbing to suit the wearer's preferences. It may not come that way but maybe that V anchor is a gun enthusiast's mod to the holster strapping. Certainly I can expect something like that for bike patrol security. I haven't seen that V yet though.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work but is the POI the actual perpetrator? Maybe an accessory after the fact who dropped the car off.

I think it's one of two possibilities.

One is that this was an off duty security guard or imposter who was looking for an opportunity to make an assault at night in a large parking area.

The second is that the assailant deliberately left Jennifer's car parked somewhere with keys in it and purse, an opportunity to steal the car and even rob the condo. The somewhere might be an off street area where it happens security is done with bike patrol. A security guard may have taken opportunity to drive it to the address for who knows what and saw the activity and decided to ditch the car and take a bus back to where he worked, or back home.

This is a more sophisticated getup than I would expect for anyone other than a serious imposter or someone who was or had been a bike patrol security guard.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how tall this POI is but I believe he is taller than the 5'3"-5'4" as the road does not seem level with the pool, it appears to me at least that the pool is slightly higher than the road.....I don't believe he would be real tall, perhaps 5'7" to 5'10"

I went there, stood next to that tree, and I estimate the POI height at 5'9 to 5'11. The POI turned fully and is looking back across the pool at Jennifer's car he just parked. I do not think he is very far out into the lane and stopped just at the edge of viewing around the tree. I think he was pretty close to it.

There is a pretty significant drop off from the gate to the lane, but I compared height to the tree which is also set down there, so the drop off wasn't a factor in that.

The Orlando Police estimated height by running a rope down to their spokeswoman who was hunched over and taking a big goose step stride, a visual that is not easily forgotten. This was through the gate, and the location out in the lane was a judgement call on their part.

They were quite satisfied that the height of the POI was the same height as the spokeswoman officer they placed out there. Pretty amazing stuff. I've been writing about this for eleven years and still amazed.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shoes have always gotten to me.....I have never been able to see the things that others say is in the picture until they mention it....His gait seems exaggerated to me, like he is really having to push himself to make steps that long

There are two cameras, one that recorded the entrance the car was driven into and one that recorded the pool gate the POI walked by.

I don't know anything about the entrance video. I was not able to see anything in the darkness of it back when it was a link on a newspaper site. But plenty of people have had plenty to say about it through the years, and I don't recall anyone saying that the walk from the car around the pool looked like anything that people use to describe his walk a few steps later by the pool gate.

Now camera two looking at the pool gate I have some understanding of, but not nearly enough. No one saw fit to inform the public what model camera it was and what the settings were, for had they done that, I would have recreated some images to find what real world visuals look like those images. The Orlando Police said don't worry about the pictures, and of course most everyone hasn't.

I did some research back when I was analyzing these stills in 2007. I documented what I found then and through the years there is discussion here and I occasionally do some more searches and occasionally I write some more on it. I don't know that I know anything more than I did then but sometimes I may end up describing a little different. Maybe sometimes that helps, maybe it doesn't.

This is a cheap night time capable surveillance camera, I think no one will dispute that it isn't high quality. But not high quality doesn't mean it is useless. It means people have to understand the limitations and their effect on the images.

1. InfraRed for night time viewing not filtered out in daytime. From my research cheap cameras either had no filter or the mechanism to flip the filter on during daylight and off at night wasn't working. Probably no filter. This washed out images during the day. I posted side by side comparisons a few pages back. The Orlando Police saw their own uniforms washed out when they looked at the camera. Everyone should have known that looking at the images and thinking they were seeing painters and line cooks was not true. They could just as easily been looking at security uniforms, which my analysis says they were.

2. Motion blur - Cheap cameras recorded to VCR, but not frame for frame in real life. A VCR or any kind of storage would fill up quickly. From my research surveillance cameras had settings to limit the captures, the longer the setting the more condensed the storage. My guess is that the setting was a frame possibly every 1.5 seconds or so. We see this in having three frames as the POI walks by the gate. We can guess what the time lapse is for example from still 1 to still 2 in front of the gate, and then still 2 to still 3 by the palm tree.

But... there is not a snapshot every 1.5 seconds. That was for more expensive cameras. The lens captured continuously during that time, and then the shutter closed or whatever surveillance cameras do to take a frame. Continuously means something moving is seen for 1.5 seconds in the still image. It means it started at one point and ended at another during that time. Basically that's a type of blur distortion. This may have some effect on the shoes, but not that I can see. There are some other artifacts in the images that do look like they were taken at different times though.

3. Lens distortion. The shoes has the look of lens distortion to me, that is outside of a focus area the picture is distorted. The legs appear longer to me and the shoes larger in proportion. Looking at the images, doesn't the parked car seem larger that one would expect compared to his head and upper body? That would be the same distortion applied to the upper part of the picture higher than his head, which in still 2 is about the center of image.

As usual, I welcome any input from people more familiar with the technology who might have some insights. In this particular post there is nothing involving enlarging and otherwise enhancing the brightness / contrast of the images, just discussing the original surveillance camera stills. My only insights came from research which others may be able to shed more light on.

And we need more light.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If LE outfits showed up light on the cctv footage when they were dark then is it possible that the cctv was at night instead of daytime because the camera makes things look light in colour? Or was the camera time stamped?

There were two cameras and they were timestamped, although news reports quoted police as saying the timestamp was an hour off. The time stamps of the two stills in front of the gate are 13:00:27, the one by the tree 13:00:28. That is not a leisurely stroll, and argues for delay settings of two stills per second. (Bear in mind that stills are not snapshots like a camera but shutter open the entire delay on all but higher end surveillance cameras according to research I did at the time.)

That's a good point about was it color during day but looks like this at night (infrared). The information is that this is what it looks like during the day, the Orlando Police tested themselves in the camera and saw the same light colored clothing. It "concerned them", according to their spokeswoman officer. But never mind, they said, don't worry about the pictures.

A real class act they have going in Orlando. I am at least glad they divulged the slightest bit of information that shows that what you are looking at is not what it appears. So all the short painter with clown shoes stuff is not based on reality, it's based on distorted and washed out images.

Also I found and highlighted several artifacts such as a thigh strapped holder that is solid, the straps including a sideways Y to the holster are perfectly outlined and the holster solid and similar to an X26 or tactical drop down leg holster.

However... I saw a package delivery guy walking from truck to make a delivery and saw the signature recording device hanging on side from the belt. It wasn't strapped, and I'm not sure that a bike courier would have a strapped device anything like that, in particular in January 2006, but with thigh straps it very easily could have fit the profile of this object hanging from his belt.

In particular I have looked at hundreds and hundreds of pictures of holsters (many of them product displays) and have never seen the sideways Y strap to holster, similar to --<IIII-- in the image. They are almost always =IIII= equally spaced straps on both sides.

My opinion is that the POI is wearing a bicycle helmet, that distinctive duck tail in the back with a double hump indentation in back. And that the thigh strapping is both a little more flexible and secure than any typical drop down thigh holster strapping. So it may very well be some other type of device hanging from his belt (not straight down actually, but forward a little as the extender strap goes down at an angle from belt to holster as in \

I meant to spend some time looking at delivery couriers pictures, I only have one posted on my POI Blowups page toting a bag over his shoulder, and haven't done that yet, but thought I'd mention it in meantime.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past few years I've looked at your work on this site, and another site where you started a thread regarding the POI. I believe everything you think you are seeing, is in fact not present. The recording quality is so poor when zoomed in we see parralel lines which bleed with the gate, and objects on the screen creating images that are not there and left to the imagination. Shadows become large boots, gate hinges become helmets and altered pixels become patches/tasers.

With poor picture quality such as this, the best bet is to lightly blur the image as this method will at least try to assume objects based upon the already existing shadows.

For what it's worth - I think the POI is wearing khaki work pants or overalls, typical work boots and a white t-shirt, all which is standard gear for a painter or construction worker. The overalls would explain the severe pixelation near his/her hip as this area would have buttons and creases. I think it was a crime of opportunity committed by someone onsite to the Mosiac Condo.

I appreciate you taking a look and the feedback. First as has been mentioned, the light colored clothing is an artifact of a night vision camera that does not have night capability switched off during day. Research I did back then found this was common with cheaper cameras (required some electronics to flip the filter on and off) or was not working. Now this is not conjecture. The Orlando Police found their own police uniforms light colored in the camera. "Sort of concerned us" I believe was the quote from so many years ago, and "don't worry about the clothes'.

So because of that people cite the light clothes as that of a worker who wears light clothes and I guess in a sense is not worrying about it. Forensics Orlando style you might call it.

Technically it could be light clothing, nothing was done to test what kind of clothes would hew closely to these images. No info on the camera was ever released, no independent testing done, nothing that could help sort out what this person is. Info about the camera doesn't reveal anything about the crime. No reason for the model camera and settings not to have been revealed back then when people could take a look at a similar model.

So waiting 11 years hasn't worked yet, but who knows, it happened in Tara's case, maybe it'll happen for Jennifer. Still I prefer hard work to make your own breaks over waiting for a break.

Now for the pixel stuff, a couple of things. I have posted numerous image clips in the Jennifer Kesse threads through the years, even recently, and certainly don't want to trample on direction of discussion, etc. But while certainly there can be doubt about most of the various artifacts I've pointed out, I have shown the cut out of the thigh strap holster here a few times and there is nothing pixelly about it. Solid shape and straps, an extender up to the belt, even a beveled connector. This is one view of it including some gear on the backside of the POI:

The strapped holster is centered below the gate latch and between the bars. That's not a shadowy, pixelly, fuzzy, gee let's not look at it because it doesn't fit our agenda thing, that's a solid strapped thigh holster for something.

The other thing is that all the other shapes such as the equipment on the back, duty holster entending around and seen through the latch, and many, many other artifacts I've pointed out, including his face in still 3, are all law enforcement oriented. If there were a holster but other artifacts of that of a clown, then you know it wouldn't be that of an armed bike security guard or the like. I don't come up with something and try to justify it, I just find what's there and let the facts lead to the conclusion.

We don't have enough facts to conclude this is a security guard, but we also don't have a serious effort to determine the facts. I do feel fortunate that several people understand the scope of what's in these images even though it's hard to believe.

Which is the main problem. It's not too difficult to see, it's too difficult to believe.

As always will be glad to discuss with anyone as this appears to be the only lead in Jennifer's disappearance.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X26 was in production then , however few agencies carried then and many in 2017 are just getting them .

To recap the history on this, I did this research in 2007, starting in May. As I was examining the blowups, I posted:

Could that be a curved handle stun gun in a holster? I posted a picture of a curved handle stun gun below it.

then:

I added another picture of the suspect passing the gate, the second still. With higher contrast the patterns stand out solid to be what appears to me to be a holster with belt webbing running around him, and the stun gun with curved handle in it.

First reaction from most people is going to be, no way some dude is marching away from the car wearing a holster and gun.

On the other hand, there it is. You can see it's large and rectangular, appears much more than what someone would carry for tunes, but not large enough to be a saddle bag for deliveries.

If not a stun gun and holster, what is it?

I followed up for the rest of the year, spending most of my spare time and quite frankly time that wasn't spare working on this. Among other things I looked at hundreds of images of holsters (many were the same shopping page images unfortunately). I did what any of us could do, look at the image and see what kind of holster shape and strapping fits it.

I have never seen that pattern of strapping to this day. That is the most distinctive aspect of the image and the best shot at an identification of the gear it's holding on the thigh there. I posted a few of the holsters on my Blowups page. I found an ad for an security company showing an armed bike security guard with thigh holster in Ft. Lauderdale area but had lost their license. I posted that on my Blowups page.

In the midst of all that research, in October 2007, I posted:
I have an article I found from the Jacksonville Times-Union to post tonight on an imposter cop who attempted to kidnap a girl on a motorcycle.

He was bearded and wearing a uniform, badge, and a taser. He was laughing after the terrified girl got away from him and he drove off.

This imposter was black, whereas the Jennifer Kesse suspect appears to be white, but this monster or another monster, we have some cop imposters to put away for life... before another woman loses her life.

I also posted, again in 2007:
I looked at the M9 holster, and it is the exact same shape as the X26 I have posted, which is the shape of the holster in the blowup of photo two. The drop down holster is also the same layout as the X26 thigh rig I have posted, so there is no discernible difference whether X26 or M9 in matching up the holster as we have done.

Lastly, I have posted all along that this is likely an imposter law enforcement. There is a chance it is a legitimate security guard but the S. Florida company was the only organization that had a uniform like this. It could be this POI obtained this from them. They were still in business when Jennifer disappeared. The gun in the security guard picture seems to be a regular pistol, not a taser.

I think that how equipped various agencies were with tasers that fit in a holster like this has very little to do with it. I think that someone using this to abduct a woman would use what worked best at overcoming a victim with also a factor of availability. If a taser was too high profile to obtain without unwanted interest in its use then certainly that's a factor.

The bottom line is that we have a holster to identify. Just about anyone in the field knows more about holsters than I do. What I was hoping for was to give someone a chance to use their knowledge to make a break in Jennifer's case.

2007 was a long time ago. But we haven't advanced from there.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked all along for anyone's opinion as to what it is if not a holster.

I mean, it is a clear pattern. So what is it?

Two straps coming from left, top one is a Y to top and side of holster.

The bevelled connector between top and duty belt is very detailed.

These are solid shapes.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garden tool belt/holster

This is an interesting possibility. I also asked awhile back about possibility of a device similar to what I saw hanging off belt of a delivery driver.

It does look to me like pants are cinched at bottom which was consistent with a bike rider but also as landscapers wore it as Drew observed. The knee looks bulky to me like a kneepad which wasn't consistent with a bike rider but I saw frequently in SWAT type law enforcement uniforms. That could be landscaping oriented also.

If I could see a Y shaped thigh strapping to a holder that would go a long way toward matching up with what the POI is wearing.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd and everyone - I just noticed rd's post a ways up in this thread about difficulty taking large strides and thought of something I saw a couple of years ago - some cyclists were having a break at a coffee shop and some of them were wearing extreme bike shoes I had never seen - it seemed very awkward for them to walk in those - way more awkward, for example, than walking in downhill ski boots. I couldn't find a pic like them - this one is less extreme. The ones I saw had 2 large blocks on the sole, one would fit ahead of the bike pedal and the other behind - I thought those shoes were so extreme it would be difficult just to get one foot off the pedal to the ground when stopping. http://ust.chatango.com/um/j/a/janemc/img/l_707.jpg
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might make the shoe look larger. But I think we have pretty good detail of the shoes and they look normal closeup.
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over time, I've look at those pics on a CRT, LCD, LED, and now oled. I'm not disputing that you're not seeing the tactical gear, I see them myself, I'm of the opinion that what we're seeing is manufactured from the awful video feed. There is a clear shot of POI wearing glasses, but those badges are too large, I think they are created by the feed. There is an illusion that POI is carrying something by a strap in the left hand, but there are perpendicular lines in the feed that can create that strap. Once I start looking at the image surrounding the POI, I start to see a familiar pattern of pixelization which disrupts the POI. The black ring on the neck I believe to be from the feed, unless the POI has a necklace/rosary tattoo there is no other explanation. It's just unfortunate LEO waited so long to release the video, or didn't attempt to recreate the POI by using the same equipment and wearing various outfits with multiple people.

That's an excellent take on it and thanks for the feedback. Note that while there are serious vertical and horizontal streaks they do not form anything themselves. They do distract from what's in the image. Manufactured from the feed is another way of saying that interference or streaks if you will form the illusion of tactical gear. Certainly I dealt with this in a number of ways.

I looked at the same area in image 1 and 2 and looked for anything out of place in the other image. I found nothing suggestive of anything anywhere in the same spot in the other image (for example, near gate latch in image 1), or for that matter, anything suggestive of any non-law enforcement anywhere in the three images.

If these are random artifacts, note that the artifacts are that of law enforcement in expected positions on the body. Note that there are no random artifacts of anything anywhere else in the three images. At what point can one say that law enforcement artifacts at expected places in the images aren't random visual artifacts? This isn't even blurry. If anything, it is exceedingly sharp. I am amazed at the detail of the bevelled connector between holster and belt when I first looked at it on a 19" CRT monitor. I was stunned.

Now I have focused on the holster because it is so clear, with the belt webbing, thigh straps, etc. But there is some connector type equipment hanging over his back, possibly supporting the circular object behind him at same level of holster. The bike helmet has a stunning precision in its outline, blown up on a big screen tv it is perfect.

There are many problems due to the slow lapse of the camera and a moving object, and clearly to me the image is contorted as it goes out from center (large shoes, car in background, etc.) but there is an image in the shape of law enforcement shoulder patch hovering where his shoulder is, there is a badge in image 3 in shape of police / DoD badge, there is his face in image 3 which looks like wearing strapped helmet.

The circle around his neck believe it or not is in all 3 images! It looks very much the same in images 1 and 2, and there is a distinct circle around his neck in image 3. People can say what they want about shadows and manufactured feeds, but this is a moving person that has a distinct bruisey type circle around his neck, not sharp like the thigh straps but somewhat firm in makeup. We may not know for sure what it is, but random manufactured visual artifacts do not have that firmness and consistency across multiple images.

I understand the size and position of the shoulder patch is not proportional, and I wouldn't ask anyone to believe that this POI was dressed as law enforcement on that alone, but it's a swinging arm in a time lapse lens distorted image, and not something that's static and clear. But it's yet another law enforcement artifact in images full of them. And not a non-law enforcement artifact to be found.

What is interesting is that there is no reason to think this is anything but someone dressed as law enforcement. There is no reason to believe that this is the actual murderer, this could be someone who moved the car for any number of reasons. The Orlando Police believed this to be a short gang banger type, i.e. Latino, for among other reasons believing that this person is striding in a fashion of arm held back and straight down, a distinctive minority gangster trait. Yet that straight down arm is an illusion. There is no hand at the end, it is a perfectly cylindrical object, and starts at belt level.

If you want imaginary artifacts, there's one for you. But unfortunately it was the Orlando Police seeing imaginary things. And the public has been misserved in the Jennifer Kesse case.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is past the key hole of the gate ? I don't think that is entirely his body.

In looking through the latch keyhole? What is seen is consistent with a service belt as also seen between the latch and rail.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand about the light colored clothing being caused by a night vision camera that does not have night capability switched off during day, but why do the shoes appear black if that's the case? At least if I recall correctly they appear black. It's been quite a long time since I've seen the video.

Did you happen to catch the side by sides I posted a couple of pages back of normal and infrared mixed in with light? There's a chair or stand of some type with clothes draped over it. The hard top of the stand is black in both pictures but the clothes and what appears to be a soft arm is light colored. There are dark handles on a beige cabinet and the handles stay dark while the cabinet is a pale green.

It isn't like just washing out the image with extra light, it's very material / color dependent on the results. A very dark sweater and purplish shirt are both light colored, the sweater a gray. In the POI images for example, the metal fence remains black.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: