www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brittanee Drexel NY- 4/26/09-Myrtle Beach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths, LLLindsayy wrote:
From the article http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/18/1426971/drexels-parents-hopeful-shes-out.html

Quote:
The department feels that the persons of interest are responsible for whatever happened to the teen, Johnson said.

In the past, LE has just said that the are confident the POIs know what happened to B. This seems to be the first time they are blatantly saying that the POIs are RESPONSIBLE for what happened to her. Interesting. Bad reporting or...?

well, they report is as a quote:
The department feels that the persons of interest are responsible for whatever happened to the teen, [Georgetown County Sheriff's Office Lt. Neil] Johnson said.

It definitely trumps "didn't know her directly", making them the perpetrators instead of witnesses after the fact.

It's starting to sound like the carrier handling her cell phone in Myrtle Beach area didn't have ping data recorded. For example, a specific time her cell phone stopped transponding has never been given, just that it was picked up around midnight south of Myrtle Beach. Even the 9:16 call (if it was 9:16) didn't have a location mentioned which is data that is usually recorded.

That and the video released of her texting in a guy's motel room pretty much does it for me. I would say anything is possible at this point.

Thanks for the info.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths, Doc wrote:
I thought she was hanging out with him alone without any of her friends but I could be wrong. Outside of Thursday, I believe that was the Club K night, I don't think she hung out with her friends at all during the evening. I remember a couple of them saying she did her own thing. The very next night she is walking over to PB's. I do think there was a sense of boredom/conflict going on and she probably didn't wanna sit in the hotel alone. The video is creepy. If you look at the shot of her in the chair on the balcony, he turns on the light of the cell phone, then turns it off and she never even acknowledged it.

I also wonder how he was cleared so quickly, did he leave early Saturday that's the only way I can imagine he was cleared so fast? He probably has nothing to do with it, LE says they have their 3-4 POI's but this guy is creepy.

We have to give the guy some credit for supplying this info to MB police. He didn't have to get involved. If people are going to have bad, suspicious things said about them when they supply information about a crime, then we are suppressing future voluntary acts of supplying information.

Nevertheless, he of course knew when he supplied the video that he would be asked where he was on Saturday night, and undoubtedly supplied an answer that he was with his group of friends, just as PB did.

Can either group of friends make up an alibi for their friend? Of course. Outside of being on video of a hotel or club or something, there's also phone call / text records and possibly additional video he shot on Saturday night from his cell phone, statements he made to police as to what he was doing, etc. What constitutes being cleared is a preponderance of all those things.

If trying to get a girl up to your room is creepy, then spring break is creepy.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths, Strawberry Fields wrote:
I was not thinking a guy trying to get a girl in his room on spring break as creepy....I think taking a video of her was creepy. Sorry, but I am from old school. I also said that I knew my "methods of investigation" would not be legal. I was just thinking like a frustrated mom. If I had may way, again, as a mom who wants her daughter home, anyone who even spoke to her on the beach would get investigated....as a mom...that is. But in all reality, I agree with the system we do have in place to protect innocent people and am in 100% support of that.

I don't know, I'm so far out of current scene I wouldn't know, but seems like one person texting while the other person is cell camming the person texting is about par for the course in this age of cell phone identity.

Actually, we know why he was web camming her, he wanted proof to show his friends he got a girl to come to his room. lol

To be honest with you, if a girl came to my room and sat there texting, just what exactly is appropriate behavior? I'd say he was participating in the weird culture these young ones have in a similar way.

But on the other hand I would have had to get a girl to my room, and it was back before cell phones were invented, and definitely making home movies of the girl sitting there writing notes to her friends would have been pretty creepy.

The whole thing is weird.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New timeline information for Brittanee:

A year in review: The Brittanee Drexel Case
By Graeme Moore
CarolinaLive.com
April 27, 2010
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=449393

Just before 9:00 p.m. on April 25, 2009, surveillance video caught Drexel leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. She was heading back to where she was staying, the Bar Harbour Motel, but she never made it.

By Monday, the search for her concentrated in that rural area around the Santee Rivers because detectives tracked her cell signals there.

They had determined Brittanee, who was a fervent cell phone user, sent her last text message at 8:58 p.m. on Saturday while still in Myrtle Beach. She never made another call or text, and by 10:18 p.m., her cell phone was pinging on a tower along the Georgetown/Charleston County line.

This clears up several of my one hour off questions and is as I thought it would be, but one hour later.

Sent last text message at 8:58 p.m. before she left the hotel.
Left hotel just before 9:00 p.m., immediately after sending last text message.
Cell phone is pinging Charleston County line at 10:18 p.m., meaning she was immediately abducted and taken south.

The biggest lies out of this is PB, who as I said was lying between his teeth when he said, he was stuttering he was lying so bad, saying it was light when Brittanee left but he offered her a ride back to her hotel and she declined. I hope karma catches up with this guy some day.

The text to her boyfriend was apparently some time between 8:30 p.m. and 8:58 p.m., and although determining with the girls that she couldn't be found and was missing by 9:30 p.m. is pretty quick, it's something that at least makes sense to me. That's more than 30 minutes of texting / calling getting no response, confirmation from one or more of her roommates that she was on her way back and hadn't made it, couldn't get a hold of her, and a pretty good decision to make at that point to alert her mother.

This is sad, but I am glad that it is as I expected for this young sweet girl, she was left on her own to get back at night and abducted very soon after she walked out of the hotel.

Not there to babysit her, just there to hightail for home and a lawyer in the middle of the night as soon as she disappears.

Disgusting.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101660&page=20, krista wrote:
Anyway, remember it was said that there was a tip back in december that 'reignited' the case. That tip was NOT the sunglasses, according to LE. Well, I found this article that says that the December tip led LE to a specific area...the same exact area I posted above. It led them to a 25ft dock that is in the N Santee Community. There, they brought cadavar dogs that appeared to hit on something at the dock. They didn't find any conclusive evidence there, but the article is very detailed and interesting...and I hadn't seen it before: http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=386771

So, with that said, I began looking for a 25ft dock sitting out in the water along N Santee River. Couldn't find any public docks except the "Pole Yard Landing". It's located right next to HWY 17, right across from Santee Delta West, where the sunglasses were found. Here's a photo of the boat landing: http://www.scgreatoutdoors.com/park-poleyardpublicboatlanding.html

Of course, that brought me to the obvious question of IF it was a public boat ramp and not a private one. I couldn't see any other obvious boat landings that were 25 ft long, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. There are a couple of nice houses and a plantation home in this area, but most of the houses are mobile homes and around 50,000. Here's one home for sale just 3 minutes from the boat ramp mentioned above. It has a different view of that boat ramp as one of it's photos...just to get a feel for the area, FWIW http://www.trulia.com/property/photos/41190646-321-Earl-Rd-Georgetown-SC-29440

That fills in a lot of pieces of the police statements, Krista. I can only conclude that it points to the tip being that Brittanee was dumped in the river from this dock.

The pier being right next to HWY 17 is what we would expect. Can you elaborate on what you were saying about where the sunglasses being found in conjunction with this pier? I take it would be consistent with washing downstream from the pier.

I had taken a look at links about this area and was unclear about actual flow of water. But as you mentioned I would not be surprised at the flooding and the sunglasses being deposited inland a bit.

There has been lots of mention of a crime scene, and this appears to be it.

thanks for the sleuthing.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krista wrote:
Actually, as EASY as it would be to dump her or her belongings at the HWY 17 landing, I don't really see a boat 'dock' there and it's almost parallel to the Santee Delta West area where the glasses were found.

If you'll look at the real estate listing I posted of 1650 harris landing, I really think something like that is what we are looking for...someone's PRIVATE boat dock upstream from Santee Delta West. Here's the link photos 5 and 6: http://www.homes.com/listing/104151433/1650_Harris_Landing_Rd_GEORGETOWN_SC_29440#stay

As for the elaboration, this map shows the area referred to as Santee Delta West. Its at the bottom left of your screen.
http://www.crbo.net/media/SantDelt_WMA-8x6.jpg
The glasses were found somewhere in that section, but we'd have to assume that it isn't TOO deep into the woods, since they were camping and just looking for some firewood.

The dock at harris landing rd is across the river and upstream from where the glasses were found. It's also the same general area where LE searched in December, though we don't know WHICH dock, obviously.
I just don't see it being the ramp at HWY 17 because the glasses would almost have to travel upstream or straight across to get to the Santee Delta West area. IMHO.

I didn't realize that close, even if across the river. I was thinking more downstream, I had no idea how far.

Now I'm wondering if where the sunglasses were found is the source of this, rather than a corroboration. You have done a great job helping us understand with your links, thanks.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Update and Reward- Murdered Reply with quote

This is such a sad case too. I wish there was better news to report about
Brittanee . I feel so sorry for her family who just want their daughters remains to be located. I hope some information is reported to the FBI now that this article come out. See next article/link that states that the FBI has known for a while she is dead.

Brittanee is such a beautiful young woman.. (Pic on link) My heart just breaks.

Please call your local authorities, or the FBI if you have any information about Brittanee.

Good thoughts go out to Brittanees family and friends.

Rest in peace

Goz

Fair Use
FBI believes missing NY teen is dead, offers $25k reward to help solve '09 case
By Cristina Corbin
Published June 08, 2016
FoxNews.com

Snip
BI officials said Wednesday they believe a New York teenager who vanished in South Carolina seven years ago was held against her will for "several days" before she was murdered -- and appealed to the public for any information in her death.

Brittanee Drexel, a 17-year-old high school junior from the Rochester, N.Y., area, disappeared in April 2009 while on spring break in Myrtle Beach, in a case that has baffled investigators. No arrests have been made and Drexel's remains have never been found.

Authorities said Wednesday they have evidence to indicate Drexel was murdered in Georgetown County -- some 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach -- days after she disappeared from the popular seaside destination. They also offered a $25,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of "those responsible for killing Brittanee Drexel."

Snip

Snip
"She had her whole life ahead of her. She had a lot of dreams
and aspirations," she said. " They could have done this to anyone's child but they did it to mine. We need your help so we can bring Brittanee's remains home and lay her to rest."
Snip

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/08/fbi-believes-missing-ny-teen-is-dead-offers-25k-reward-to-help-solve-09-case.html?intcmp=hplnws
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: She has been murdered Reply with quote

This article states: The FBi knows she is dead.. She died horribly too but they wont release anymore information.

A reward has been offered by the FBI.

Rest in peace
Goz

Fair Use
FBI offering reward for information leading to arrest in Brittanee Drexel's death
Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 11:24 am CDT
Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 2:48 pm CDT
By Suzelle Santos,
Digital ProducerCONNECT

See link for pictures

Snip
Authorities knew she was deceased for quite some time, but decided just Tuesday night to release that information to the public, said Dave Thomas with the FBI.

Officials believe someone in the area knows information that may be useful to them.

Thomas warned that he's filed charges against those who kept information from investigators before, and he wouldn't hesitate to contact the U.S. attorney's office and do it again.

Officials are offering $25,000 for information leading to the arrest of anyone responsible for Drexel's death.

They would not reveal how they knew she was dead.

"Brittanee's life was stolen from her in a gruesome and senseless fashion," Drexel's mother said. "We need your help so we can find Brittanee's remains and bring her home to lay her to rest." She also asked for help to have anyone responsible for her daughter's death held accountable.

Snip

http://www.waff.com/story/32175205/fbi-offering-reward-for-information-on-brittanee-drexels-death
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reporting today that Britanee's body recovered from a grave in Georgetown County, south of Myrtle Beach. Police believe she was buried a day after she disappeared by Raymond Douglas Moody of Georgetown. He is charged with her kidnapping and murder.

Rest in Peace, Brittanee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: