www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique defense in October to focus on Condit 'rough sex'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propria

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know precisely where this post will land since I've forgotten how exactly to reply to a particular post on the board [my brain cells have aged 15 years since rd began this forum, and a lot of them have been lost along the way!] but I want to thank you, Rainbow, for sharing the Associated Press story on the upcoming trial in March.

I've always fallen somewhere on the scale between 'skeptical' and 'cynical', and these days the only reports I take seriously enough to even read them are AP, UPI and Reuters ... if AP says there's going to be a trial, there's going to be a trial!! I have waited for sooooo long to see even a small step in the direction of Sack o'Crap Condit being brought to justice, and your post has me dancing on the tabletops, so you are my hero du jour!!
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to see you, propria! My goodness Justice has someone looking over her shoulder to be sure. We will find it yet.

The thread below this in Latest News, "Public defenders request evidence on Gary Condit", will bring joy to your heart as it did the rest of us. It's the latest on the case, be sure to give it a read.

rd
propria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there ... long time, no see!!

I do hope this new trial for Guandique stirs the embers and lights a fire under the congressional creep ... justice abandoned just grates on my very last nerve, but then you already know that, don't you?
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we expected from following the first trial and appeals, DC prosecutors have asked for postponement due to still not turning over everything they're supposed to and Public Defenders are expecting.

Postponed from March 1 to May 23. I expect they still won't have turned over what they're supposed to by then, and will ask for another delay.

It's what they do. Justice it isn't.

rd

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article58744353.html
propria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailed that one right on the head, kiddo!!
jane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rainbow, Propria, rd, Goz and everyone - Glad for Guandique that there'll be a new trial (it'll be hard on Chandra's family though, I think)
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably will, and that's unfortunate, but I think from Susan's few comments that she's made that she knows that this is a rigged up story of what happened to Chandra.

Letting the DC people get away with railroading Guandique ande closing the case is not the thing to do for Chandra.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy too he is getting a new trial.

This has gone on so long and Chandra needs justice and her family deserves some future peace.

thanks for all the updates and glad to see everyone..

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial pushed back to October or so.

Good thing we got everything written down while we still remembered it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to post this morning, have to get to work, but Chris Spargo of something that resembles National Enquirer (which is not a compliment), dailymail.co.uk, has done the typical ignorant reporting we know so well through the years.

I was going to email him/her but when I clicked on the name it was a search on their site, so probably wishes to remain ignorant.

Spargo drops this classic line on the world at large:

A search of the park where the young woman often jogged meanwhile turned up no evidence suggesting Levy had been in the area when she went missing.

Chandra did not jog, did not travel around by herself away from public areas, and from testimony of the gym guy at Guandique's first trial, did not even run on a treadmill at the gym.

There were only a few accurate reporters on this case all these years, and Spargo is not one of them. But that probably sells this tabloid paper like the National Enquirer.

Then Spargo claims that the person the defense claimed lied on the stand was Condit. Now the Public Defenders defense in their appeal did raise the possibility that Condit along with others who were asked to take polygraphs by police (Condit refused) provided reasonable doubt on Guandique's conviction, and that Condit would be called to the stand in a retrial.

But the lying on the stand was about the main information used to convict Guandique, that of the "cellmate confession" testimony.

Spargo writes like a bad fiction writer. But maybe he gets a cut of the tabloid action, who knows?

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Allegation that Condition Lied on the Stand Reply with quote

Hello, rd and gang!
I have missed you, all! Could the National Enquirer reporter be referring to the statement quoted in this article, made by a D.C. police detective when he testified on the stand in 2010, whereby he accuses Mr. C. of not telling the truth about the extent of his relationship with Chandra?

McClatchy DC
Defense Attorneys Drag Gary Condit Back Into Chandra Levy Case
By Michael Doyle
January 20, 2016 6:24 p.m.

Peace cited, as the "tip of the iceberg," the 2010 trial testimony of a Washington police detective who alleged that Condit falsely denied having an "intimate relationship" with Levy.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article55710735.html
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kate, good to see you. The reporter could be referring to that, that's a good point, but he/she would be wrong. Can you imagine winning a retrial because Condit denied an intimate affair with the victim? Don't think that would go very far in appeals.

The appeal was on proven lies told by the "cellmate confession" prosecutor plant, the when all else fails jigger up a cellmate confession paid for for with special treatment and early release.

Works like a charm every time for them there honest prosecutors who do it. Except when the confession guy established himself based on lies before he tells another whopper.

That is the lying that won a retrial. The tabloid jingoist was going for clickbait, not boring truth.

As always, kate, good points from you.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hearing today, and some news.

Trial scheduled for October 11.

DC Prosecutors still fighting all the way any disclosure of information. Still refusing to give requested information to the Public Defenders.

Speaking of which, Public Defender Jonathan Anderson, for who I have the highest regard (ranks right up there with the reporters Michael Doyle and Allan Lengel from what I've seen so far), is pursuing the "reasonable doubt" defense that I argued for last time. Doyle gives the technical term for it, third party culpability defense.

It wasn't done last time, and Guandique paid for it with a conviction. Fortunately the trial was so rigged with the case based on a lying witness that the conviction was overturned and here we are for round two.

This time Anderson is the Public defender and doing it right, although I don't know if will be trying or will be successful in getting the jury out to where Chandra was found. It should not even be a question. The jury should not be ignorant of exactly what transpired even though lawyers apparently like that.

Anderson is asking to depose three mistresses of Condit, Anne Marie Smith, Joleen Argentini, and Sue Rossi. DC Prosecutors throwing a hissy fit and demanding it not be allowed. Condit has some volunteer lawyer Bret Peace chiming in with how unfair it is to use taxpayer money to question anything about Condit.

Anne Marie can speak a great deal to Condit's mind before Chandra disappeared, also the discovery of bondage cords tucked into his bed which hearkens to Chandra being bound with her tights.

Joleen called the FBI when Chandra's connection with Condit was nationally broadcast and urged them to go search Condit's condo, which they didn't do because, guess what, yet another DC Prosecutor wouldn't allow it.

The DC police did search his condo building dumpster and Condit promptly walked off House floor that moring upon being given the news. He was next heard from by Anne Marie from a payphone in Luray, Virginia down main street from Luray Caves (which were of course closed at that time of night, but still, what a place to go to to make a payphone call to the mistress that wasn't missing).

Now I have never said Condit did it, or that he should be prosecuted for murder. All I ever did was say there's a lot of questions, and everytime Condit says something he changes his story, so none of those questions have been answered.

And they're not all or even mostly or even a good portion of questions for Condit, because goodness knows you're not going to get anywhere asking him questions.

But it is and was totally unacceptable to not make those unknowns known to a jury deciding Guandique's guilt. Anderson is shedding light where it belongs.

Examining her life is examining her death.

rd

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article77526882.html

Defense attorneys in Chandra Levy case delving into Gary Condit’s life
By Michael Doyle
mdoyle@mcclatchydc.com
May 13, 2016
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness there's a bunch that hit the news today, let me sort it out and see what's going on with this Guandique defense.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't commented on the news yet, but reading comments in Washington Post and responding.

"...and they know where Condit was that day."

Google Chapter Alibi. It will hit my website and you can see the details I wrote about on "they knew where Condit was". Condit was not seen from 12:50pm (coming out a meeting with Cheney that Condit requested) until 6:30pm, While I welcome this vigorous defense and have suggested it all along, there are no answers yet, just questions.

But it is totally and absolutely untrue that anyone has spoken that they knew where Condit was any of that time all afternoon after Chandra logged off her computer (same time as Condit was leaving Cheney's office he had in House building.)

There are a few implications, such as "Condit meeting with Cheney, returned to office 3:30pm". If you read that as being in a meeting with Cheney until 3:30pm, well, that's the intent. It waa a 20 minute meeting from 12:30 to 12:50.

Or that Condit was said by his aide that he "took calls from constituents", i.e. didn't call someone himself so there's no record of it, and "probably went to the gym".

And this beauty: 5pm doctors appointment
If you read that as was at a doctor's office at 5pm, well, that's how this stuff works, isn't it?

That's the gist of "knew where he was, and Condit is cleared".

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: