www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teresa Halbach-Oct.31-05 -WI- Updates 2016 Avery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Update on Avery Reply with quote

Avery denied a new trial.. wow, what a shocker. They need to bury this guy in the system forever.

RIP Teresa..

Goz

snip
Avery argued on appeal that he should have been allowed to blame others for her death, that police unlawfully searched his trailer home and a that judge improperly replaced a juror during deliberations. The 2nd District Court of Appeals rejected all three arguments.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Steven-Avery-s-appeal-denied-in-2005-homicide-2138786.php
Click link for story

Fair Use
Steven Avery's appeal denied in 2005 homicide
TODD RICHMOND, Associated Press
Updated 03:12 p.m., Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just the thought of Steve Avery makes me so angry. I don't even like to note anything in regard to his story but it's important there is justice for
Teresa.

I'm positive he will never get out of prison this time. Of course his appeal was denied for a new trial as it was last year. The appeals process is still ongoing.

Rest in peace Teresa

Goz

Fair Use
Brother of slain photographer confident homicide convictions will not be overturned
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 04, 2013 - 8:54 am EST

Snip
The Manitowoc County brother of a slain photographer says he's confident the convictions of his sister's killers will never be overturned.

Mike Halbach says the appeals process is still ongoing for 50-year-old Steven Avery and 23-year-old Brendan Dassey. But he's expecting the same outcome as past appeals by Avery and his nephew.

An appeals court last week rejected Dassey's request for a new trial. A similar appeal by Avery was rejected last year. The two were convicted in Manitowoc County of first-degree intentional homicide, sexual assault and mutilating a corpse.
Snip

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/e7f664be79d04229b1a92b45ffd685ab/WI--Missing-Woman-Homicide
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: New Video on Steven Avery Reply with quote

I heard about this on another show.. I think it's on Netflix. I take it if you order this service you can view the show.
Much controversy still regarding Steven Avery. Appears they believe police planted evidence. Being questioned is blood and the key.

I wish i had access to this show. It was not claimed Avery was wrongly accused but if evidence was compromised he can get a new trail.

This was a horrific crime, one that will touch many.

Goz

----------------------------------------

Snip
Filmed over a 10-year period, Making a Murderer is an unprecedented real-life thriller about Steven Avery, a DNA exoneree who, while in the midst of exposing corruption in local law enforcement, finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime. Set in America's heartland, the series takes viewers inside a high-stakes criminal case where reputation is everything and things are never as they appear.
Snip

Fair Use
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5189670/
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: A PARDON FROM OBAMA? SPARE ME Reply with quote

WHAT ABOUT TERESA?

THIS IS BS AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.

OK, AVERY WAS WRONGLY ACCUSED AND SPENT TIME IN PRISON, ALOT OF TIME. I'M SORRY FOR THAT.

POLICE MAY HAVE BEEN CROOKED, PLANTED EVIDENCE BUT AS THE DA STATES: HE MAY DESERVE A NEW TRIAL, BUT BUT THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PUT HIM AWAY AND KEEP HIM AWAY. I AM UPSET. HE DOES NOT DESERVE A PARDON.

WHAT ABOUT TERESA?

--------------------------

SNIP
Empire" star Adam Rodriguez thinks Steven Avery, the man at the center of "Making A Murderer" ... should be set free, and President Obama needs to make it happen.
Adam was leaving the gym Monday in Venice when he unloaded on our photog about the Netflix documentary. Adam says you can count him among the 250k people who've signed a Change.org petition asking Obama to give Avery a presidential pardon.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3wRwdr2wI
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Avery crap is getting big. I heard people call him an "innocent man".
Now Avery is claiming he was set up. One of his two brothers did it.
I may not remember correctly but I thought his nephew, who was also charged confessed that they did it.

I'm sorry, this makes me sick. Whether there was planted evidence or not, there was enough evidence to convict.

Steve Avery is real special. (not) I believe he and his nephew did it as the nephew admitted. This is going forward as there is such anger toward police in our society today. I feel that way too and if it is proved they planted evidence they should be charged. And, I guess Avery should get a new trial. But, he should be convicted.

Goz
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Netflicks documentary!! Avery Innocent?!!!!! Reply with quote

Saw this reported on Nancy Grace, and conveniently much information was left out of this documentary? In favour of Avery....talk about gasping as straws. Seems the prosecutor has received 300 threatening emails, also threatening to do terrible things to his daughter. Allegedly the defence hoping for a pardon!!!!!! What the heck?
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems he got him new lawyer from Chicago.. Kathleen someone- she may be part of the "Free Him Whatever the Hell Movement" Real nice, threats and all. All of a sudden everyone knows Avery again.. I'm happy I don't read the local papers. I saw one and it was all about how everyone is hated from the team, (attys, etc) except the poor defense atty. He endured so much..

What about TERESA? Again, nobody cares..

Someone mailed me the link to watch this. I feel like I don't want to watch any Pro Avery doc but will when I'm up to it.

Goz

What did Nancy say- where did she come in on this P ?
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Per Nancy Grace. Reply with quote

Apparently, Grace has always believed that Avery was guilty, and believes the jury and the prosecutors got it right from the get-go. She told TVNewser that the series is nothing more than a slick piece of editing and doesn’t show both sides of the story.
“What, to me, is unjust is trying to force the White House or the government into a pardon. When you look at the Netflix documentary, it’s a beautifully put together piece and very persuasive. But it’s like having one half of a trial. It’s not the whole story.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2695939/steven-avery-of-making-a-murderer-gets-new-high-profile-legal-team-but-will-it-make-a-difference/#b2KZwPb4f0RDvMux.99

Fair Use
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: On Appeal Reply with quote

I doubt Avery will be released during his appeal. I'm sure there would be a big uproar. I do not think they have evidence to release him for the murder, maybe for a new trial on the evidence being planted.

Goz

Fair Use
Steven Avery, subject of 'Making a Murderer' documentary, files appeals
Emanuella Grinberg-Profile-Image1
By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN
Updated 11:50 AM ET, Wed January 13, 2016

Snip

Steven Avery, the subject of the popular Netflix documentary series "Making a Murderer," wants to be released from prison while the Wisconsin Court of Appeals considers his latest challenge to his 2007 murder conviction.

Avery filed two motions Monday alleging violations of due process rights in his prosecution for the 2005 rape and murder of photographer Teresa Halbach, according to CNN affiliate WBAY. Avery is serving a life sentence for her death.

The 10-part Netflix series renewed interest in Avery's ongoing legal troubles, leading to calls for his release and a petition seeking a presidential pardon. It was declined because the President cannot pardon someone convicted of a state criminal offense. Wisconsin prosecutors and law enforcement have accused the documentary directors of cherry-picking the evidence to cast it in a light favorable to Avery.

Avery was convicted in 1985 in the rape of jogger Penny Beerntsen on a beach near her home in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. After serving 18 years in prison he was exonerated based on DNA evidence connecting the attack to another man.

Avery was released in 2003 and filed a lawsuit against Manitowoc County for wrongful conviction and imprisonment. Two years later, he was arrested in the death of Halbach, whose charred remains were found on his family's auto salvage yard.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this reading about Avery. Sorry i do not have the link. I am happy to read what is written about his appeal.

Goz

From a CNN Reporter.
No line available
Fair Use

Snip

So what are Steven Avery's chances today? Can he obtain a pardon? In light of this new information supposedly from a juror, can the defense use this new information from a juror to attack -- or "impeach" -- the verdict?

'Making a Murderer' lawyer still in contact with Steven Avery

'Making a Murderer' lawyer still in contact with Steven Avery 04:18
First, can he obtain a pardon by appealing to federal or state executives? It's a two-part question with a two-part answer: the first part is "absolutely not"; and the second answer is "almost certainly not."

Only federal criminal convictions adjudicated in the U.S. District Courts and other federal courts may be pardoned by the President. After all, he's only the President of the federal system. Constitutionally, the President cannot pardon a state criminal offense. No amount of petitions or signatures to the President will matter: the chief executive is powerless to pardon a prisoner like Avery, who was convicted in a Wisconsin state court.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Steven Avery was evidence planted...very unlikely! Reply with quote

Goz:

Here's the kicker, the documentary says evidence was planted, the irony is the public is to believe that the cops murdered Theresa Halback, and planted her body, burnt Theresa's remains on Avery's property, lured her to the property on Avery's phone (three phone calls from Avery to Theresa), hid her car on Avery's property placing boards, fence posts, and another hood on top of hers, removed the engine, planted sweat from Avery under the hood of her car, his sweat and blood of Theresa's found on her keys in his bedroom, and blood on other areas of his property. Boy can the American public easily be swayed, very scary how out of touch people are, and lead like sheep.

A new trial!!

Wonder if the other rapes he committed if DNA was taken, and analyzed?

Very disturbing! People lead like Sheep!
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG will get back to u P when i can thanks

and till then-- SURE THE COPS DID THIS. PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS...
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is much news on Avery here but I have not been able to watch.
I taped a news segment that is on tonight.

I have access to the doc. and will be watching it when I'm able.

As to Avery, people still think he is innocent, esp the younger people.
I had a friend visit and after the BS doc. she thought he was innocent.
I made sure to fill her in on the facts. Now her dad who is older of course believes Avery is a monster.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I'm able I will try to find an update. I doubt Avery has gotten a new trial. Talk about injustice.... this even going on. I just get sick when I think about the Avery case and what is going on. I still have access to the documentary but I just cant seem to watch it. I wonder why?

The whole thing is unreal. Why don't some of these people read up on the case before they come to conclusions from a doc. based on BS?

Thanks, I will look into the case as soon as I'm able.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Link on Avery- Dr. Phil/Nancy Grace Reply with quote

Cant find any updated news (no news is good news on this monster) but found some interesting things in this article. His gf called off his engagement and says he is not guilty whereas his ex gf says he is a monster. Nancy Grace speaks (see below).
Tidbits from Dr. Phil's show on the story.

Let's never let this creep out.

Goz

http://wbay.com/2016/01/18/steven-averys-fiancee-ends-engagement/

CNN Headline News host Nancy Grace also appeared. First she said that her opinion is completely unbiased because, “I don’t have a dog in the fight. I don’t have any skin in the game.”

She quickly offered her opinion on the case.

“Steve Avery is the real killer of Teresa Halbach. And I can’t sit here and play the fiddle and the music and splice up film and pull at your heart strings the way those two film students did to make you buy their line,” Grace said.

Former Manitowoc County Sheriff Kenneth Petersen agreed with Hermann also saying that he believes that no new evidence will be presented by the defense that will allow for Avery’s release. Petersen went one step further and said that if Avery got out now, he would murder again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: