www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique defense in October to focus on Condit 'rough sex'
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Guandique defense in October to focus on Condit 'rough sex' Reply with quote

It's been a long time coming, and a new trial of Guandique to do justice by Chandra, if not Guandique, is now likely. Forced the DC prosecutors right up to testifying on what they knew about their "cellmate confession" scam. Much preferable to perjury charges I guess.

And the misinformation keeps on coming. I got into blogging on Chandra's case in 2001, wild and crazy and hectic blogging back then. Analyzing what was being reported and blogged was a full time job, and if you had a full time job, well then you didn't get any sleep.

The news is out today that with the DC prosecutors having stalled as many years as they could, which they probably get Justice Department commendations for, our tax dollars at work if you will, facing the witness stand they go oh my bad, yeah, what the heck, a new trial. Peachy. Now wasn't that easy.

So I click on the headlines about it and read Keith Alexander's reporting in the Washington Post. I really like his reporting, there was a long dry spell after Allan Lengel moved on, but except for a couple of the original reporters Lengel and Doyle who know this case cold, most reporters keep saying what Alexander wrote today:

Her remains were found a year later in Rock Creek Park, where she had gone for a jog.

I wrote an entire book showing she did not go for a jog. Anyone that knows the slightest thing about her life knows she didn't jog outdoors, and my goodness the alleged jog was from miles away on DuPont Circle and behind the National Zoo and up around Condit's condo and then into scary off track roads and then up a steep horse trail to the highest point in Washington DC in a canopied forest, so dense and dark when I visited that daylight disappeared.

Gone for a jog. The words should make any person who has a loved wife or daughter sick to their stomach. Imagine if your wife or daughter had never jogged outdoors before, but one day disappeared and her bones found a year later in a remote forest several miles away. And the police told you she must have jogged there because it was a nice day.

What would you say to those police and prosecutors and reporters who claimed your wife or daughter made a journey that not one of them has ever attempted? Ever. In fact, if it was a female it would be suicidal. And that's what the DC police and prosecutors have implied about Chandra from day one. That Chandra was suicidal.

Why? Because Condit told the police she was. And that's been their marching orders ever since. Chandra was nut and slutted and reporters still repeating Condit's story as relayed by police. Chandra jogged in places she shouldn't be and too bad she disappeared. Way it goes.

I'm going to go find one piece I wrote on this and post below. The whole premise of DC prosecutors protection of Washington politicians is to place Chandra in the park where she was found, downhill from a park picnic bench where you could pull up and unload, something, horses at one time, now bodies, and place her up on that massive steep hill on a horse trail with illegal immigrant Guandique, who had assaulted joggers down on the main road far below before and after Chandra disappeared.

I mean it's a pretty ideal scenario if you want to pin Chandra's disappearance on someone, all you have to do is make her a jogger when she wasn't one. Well, reporters take care of that part, They repeat over and over, where Chandra was jogging.

And so if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. And all that remains between that and the truth is the occasional blogger. No match against the vaunted national press who repeat what authorities tell them.

I look forward to a new trial, and a new chance to get Chandra's story right.

rd

Background and analysis:

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness

Guandique Murder Analysis

Washington Post investigation of Chandra Levy cold case

Murder on a Horse Trail Chapter 24. Guandique

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the story made up up by the cellmate for the prosecutors, the "cellmate confession" they arranged, this was the sole basis for Guandique's conviction, and why a new trial cannot be denied.

Other stories being handed out to the press by the DC police included several references to Guandique referring to Chandra as things like "some Italian looking girl" like he didn't know anything about her. You'd never know from the DC police that Guandique was investigated about Chandra very thoroughly back in 2002 and passed a lie detector test, and that's something Condit hasn't done.

So Guandique knows very well who Chandra is and that's just an indication of what made up stories sound like.

Now I could care less about Guandique. He served ten years for assaulting the two women, and I wouldn't trust him when he gets out, but he's going to be exported so the Salvadorans can deal with him.

But there are two things I do care about. I care about making Chandra a victim again by placing her in Rock Creek Park jogging now they say to be murdered. I have covered in detail the many reasons that Chandra or any woman wouldn't go from never jogging to jogging for miles through desolate Washington DC pathways and behind the National Zoo and on up to finally starting up a hill on a horse trail in the woods and then up into that forest until finally she's murdered, all the while wearing a 14k bracelet her Congressman boyfriend just gave her but not carrying a cellphone as she always did (this is why the police claim jogging, of course) and not carrying pepper spray / mace for protection as she evangelized constantly.

The DC police and FBI don't like to talk about this, but Chandra was an applicant to the FBI, having just completed a Master's Degree in political administration, prior to that minoring in college in criminal law, prior to that working for the Modesto police department, prior to that being a member of the police explorers club in high school and wearing her uniform to school.

She also trained in self defense and security, and was an evangelist for women safety measures. That's one reason she never jogged outdoors. Another is that she was top heavy in the chest and quite uncomfortable being a presence if you will as she would be bouncing along down the street. Also was wearing a heavy sweatshirt allegedly in 82 degree weather that day which one poster responded, so she took it off and jogged in her sports bra.

It is that kind of male oriented non-thinking, non-understanding of Chandra and her life, let's put another notch on our belt with this Guandique guy fixation instead of a fixation on solving Chandra's murder through her life, not manipulating her life in whatever manner a guy needs to put her where this inmate story works.

Not having her cell phone is very important. She used it all day prior day calling checking for messages from Condit. She spent the entire morning doing internet searches on Condit including using paid govenment oriented sites such as Lexis-Nexis. Then she logged off at 1 pm and was wearing her 14k bracelet but didn't have her cell phone.

That can only mean she was with Condit, not jogging, which the police will also say is the reason she had no id. However, in addition to never jogging, Chandra had told her parents just a short time before that that her boyfriend in the government forbid her to carry id when they were together so that she could not be identified if something happened. It was all couched in some vague national security spiel.

Normally this would be considered wild-eyed conspiracy stuff but her parents told Dateline this. They didn't know what to make of it, as I'm sure no parent would. They just kept pleading with her to break it off because of that and the secrecy, but Chandra wouldn't. She vowed to have a confrontation with Condit about his wife, and his wife flew into DC for the first time in memory and Chandra disappeared.

So I feel there is something political in this and the timing of finally after all these years the DC police suddenly bring charges with the changes made in the new administration that affect DC, everything from US Attorneys to oversight of the city.

I don't know what changed, but I know that they are really spreading this inmates stories around the press in a full court press to convict Guandique as a self described, bragging monster, and when I look at the corruption in DC I don't have any more faith in what the press are being told about Guandique than in the inmate who made up the stories to get out of jail.

I have no sympathy for Guandique, but I have no interest in letting Chandra's murderer get away without investigating the people who should be investigated as in every other disappeared woman case we've seen over and over, and that's the silent ex, who by the way always blames some guy in a park somewhere where his wife went and never came back.

We've heard that story too. We know what made up stories sound like.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked on the Wikipedia article on Chandra to see what kind of shape it was in for all the views it will get during the retrial. It was in excellent shape. I left these remarks in the Talk page for the article:

Well done article on Chandra as it currently stands

A retrial of Guandique is now likely and many people will be viewing this article based on news coverage. I just reviewed and it is in excellent shape. Kudos to the writers / editors. I have had a comment or two in past about correctness but no issues now.

My only quibble is while factually accurate that Washington Post reported that an employer told them that Guandique didn't show up for work day Chandra disappeared, I have never seen any details about this employer, or Guandique's schedule with this employer, etc. I didn't see anything in trial coverage about this either. Of all the information, and there's a lot, this unsubstantiated claim is one of those things that make Guandique look guilty (along with grand jury testimony from his landlady a year later that his face was scratched around this time, but he he was arrested on a break and enter and had a mugshot within a week or so that would have confirmed that testimony. That mugshot has never been produced).

So while not asking that the reported (by Washington Post reporters only) employer statement be removed, I am hoping to have this examined in detail by Public Defenders Office this go round and not allow reporters to bias the public's take on this case. Washington Post included in their reporting just yesterday that Chandra was in the park jogging. So I keep fighting the battle of misreporting. Great job here. My thanks. Ralph Daugherty author Murder on a Horse Trail Ralphdaugherty (talk) 18:11, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD;

thanks for the update and all your hard work over the last years..
We need more people like you to fight for justice.

I know I have been a victim of crime the last few years and LE ignored, lied, etc and there has been nobody advocating or helping me. I'm lucky Chandra has/had you to be so diligent. I now know first hand , (always have but re-enforced) what authorities are capable of. Sadly, one also will find sometimes friends / family do not come to ones aid.. Standing by for justice for Chandra has been an honor. (and also for others)

You are doing a great job.. Ex. explanations..

Thanks again.
xoxo
goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks goz. I have a lot of help here thanks to you and the others.

Justice for Chandra isn't over yet.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another media reporting cluster, this from Jewish Business News. My email to them:

Your article on Chandra Levy has two major inaccuracies. Chandra did not intern for her Congressman, she was a paid intern in the public affairs office of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. In my opinion it is likely that that job was arranged for her by Congressman Condit but no one has admitted that.

The other error is far worse. You state that she was jogging in the park where she was found. This does a great disservice to Chandra as Chandra was very safety conscious and did not jog outdoors, much less a trek for miles into a national forest and up a steep desolate horse trail.

Not one prosecutor or reporter who makes these claims has ever made this journey themselves. They have no idea what they're talking about.

I have gathered the facts of the case into a book which is available to read on my website at http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2562

My latest comments on this retrial I have been advocating for to provide some justice for Chandra is at http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5243

thanks
Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing today on the retrial, per AP.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyers-returning-court-chandra-levy-case-31518241
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The retrial has been granted. I will be looking at what details are available tonight after work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/dc-judge-grants-re-trial-in-2001-killing-of-intern-chandra-levy/2015/06/04/0a282286-09fd-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this news story from KCRA's Linda Mumma on Guandique granted retrial. Susan Levy interviewed and a brief quote from me over phone.

http://www.kcra.com/news/judge-grants-new-trial-in-death-of-chandra-levy/33410930

The quote they used was that only evidence presented at the trial was DNA found on her clothes that wasn't his.

I talked more about what Chandra was doing in the day or two before she disappeared, the Scream, and how prosecutors did whatever they needed to do to place her in the park where she was found, against everything Chandra practiced.

But the focus was on the retrial and my quote helped show why.

But in the retrial I want the jury to know what I explained to the reporter. Anyone judging this case needs to know the facts to understand the context of Chandra's actions before she disappeared.

We'll keep presenting them, and Murder on a Horse Trail is a start.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this email to a reporter yesterday, which one isn't important, and see if we can keep the misleading information from making an assumption out of the DC police and prosecutions probably intentional misinformation:

I noticed your description of Chandra as leaving her apartment in jogging clothes. That's interesting, implying she was jogging without saying it. Others just erroneously say it.

Would you jog in what she was wearing? These were her normal casual attire, including a heavy sweatshirt.

For a woman who didn't jog and wasn't wearing running clothes, it's just wrong to indicate to readers that she was jogging.

This is of course a critical matter as prosecutors must place her on a horse trail in Rock Creek Park running to get her there alive of her volition without phone, id, her purse, her defensive pepper spray, or anything else she routinely carried with her, to be murdered there instead of her body dumped there.

While they may not care about the truth, I'm hoping journalists will.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrial was scheduled today for March of next year. That is good news.

I hope to put more work into timelines, thought processes, etc. of what we know before Chandra disappeared, focusing from the day she was booted out of the Bureau of Prisons internship to her disbelief to the day several days later when she disappeared.

I also want to try to document what the prosecutors, police, and their lackeys are contending when they say Chandra "went for a jog because it was a nice day".

None of them have ever attempted it. I hiked a small portion of it once, from Klingle Mansion to the side of a steep cliff where she was found off a horse trail on a peak in Rock Creek Park. Wrote about it in chapter Horse Trail in Murder on a Horse Trail.

The women ought to give that "jog" a try alone, starting out at 1pm on a weekday afternoon dressed in what she was wearing and carrying what little she was carrying, and ending up where Chandra ended up, before they tell jurors that's what Chandra did. It's not the four miles to nowhere, it's what a woman who doesn't jog is alleged to have run through and to to get to nowhere with nothing.

As I said in the first trial, it is a sin that the jurors were not even taken there to see any of this. They were prosecutor rubber stamps who were so clueless they had never even heard of Chandra Levy and therefore were "unbiased".

More like couldn't care less, when can we get out of here, the guy who lives in the park (so these jurors believed because they were kept ignorant by the lawyers, for whatever reasons lawyers have, none of which resemble justice) is guilty, I wanna go home.

The manipulation of the jurors by prosecutors was sickening, and the defense just sat there believing nothing had been proved, we don't have to do anything.

That cannot happen again.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Defense Moves for Dismissal of Charges-Prosecutorial Errors Reply with quote

McClatchey DC
Michael Doyle
December 15, 2015

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article49891190.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Guandique's Attorney Alleges Gary Condit Misled Jury Reply with quote

WUSA9
Associated Press
Jessica Gresko (Original Story)
January 8, 2016

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2016/01/08/lawyer-ex-congressman-misled-jury-chandra-levy-case/78531338/
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Guandique Defense Will Call Morales to Testify Reply with quote

Associated Press
January 8, 2016
By Jessica Gresko

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a2154b2afc784e9f9e4f5894766570ca/lawyer-ex-congressman-misled-jury-chandra-levy-case
propria

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad to see this case rising up once again, and I hope it continues to do so until that lying congressional sack o'crap is nailed to the prison wall!!

I'm so grateful to Kate for sending me the link for this board, as I had lost that and a lot of other important stuff in a catastrophic compute crash a few years ago ... hugs all around to folks I haven't connected with forever and ever, and hello to the newbies I haven't met before now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: