www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boyfriend charged in death of swimsuit designer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Boyfriend charged in death of swimsuit designer Reply with quote

It appears the murder rate of women is on the rise again. We have seen a few this week of men killing their wife's and girlfriends. I don't know if it is winter upon us or what the reason is???? I just hope that the terror ends. Another woman gone. A young life taken at the prime of her life in a cold, senseless way. He has not been formerly charged yet. His father has a tattered past and also wrote the song, "You Light up my Life"..... Woo Hoo.
It never ends and never fails to shock me!

Rest in Peace
Goz

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/10/new.york.swimsuit.death/index.html?npt=NP1

click link for story

Fair Use
Boyfriend charged in death of swimsuit designer
From Julia Talanova,
CNN
December 11, 2010 2:40 a.m. EST

Snip
The boyfriend of a 33-year-old swimsuit designer, whose bruised body was found in a bathtub at an exclusive New York hotel on Thursday, has been charged in her death, officials said.

Nick Brooks, 24, whose father -- Joseph Brooks -- is the Oscar-winning composer and director who produced the song "You Light Up My Life," was charged with attempted murder and strangulation in the death of Sylvie Cachay, police said Friday.

According to CNN affiliate WABC, authorities are treating the death as a homicide. However, Brooks cannot be charged with murder until the medical examiner determines the death was the result of a homicide.

Police discovered Cachay, whose designs had been considered a celebrity favorite, at the Soho House club and hotel, according to a New York police spokesman who declined to be named, citing agency policy.

Blog: Cachay remembered as 'light personified'

Brooks was Cachay's boyfriend, according to CNN affiliate WABC.

Cachay's body sustained bruising on the neck and bite marks, and was found clothed in the hotel room bathtub, the spokesman said.

The city medical examiner said Friday the initial autopsy was inconclusive. The office will provide more details surrounding Cachay's death "pending toxicology and tissue testing, which would take a few weeks," said spokeswoman Grace Burgess.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: more on the story Reply with quote

What an ugly story. Drugs, his father and the dog being the only witness. This guy was so wasted when the attack took place. The motive appears to be she was going to break up with him and the rich boy could not handle that. He claims he left the bar with a gay man who was a stranger to him. He has given him an alibi.

Read about his composer father. What a nutcase this guy is. He raped young composers. I pray he is off the streets.

Goz

Fair use
The Sole Witness to Sylvie Cachay's Murder Was Her Poodle
Updated December 16, 2010 6:24am
By Murray Weiss,
DNAinfo.com

http://www.dnainfo.com/20101215/greenwich-village-soho/sole-witness-sylvie-cachays-death-her-poodle

Video too

Click link for story

Snip

Bikini designer Sylvie Cachay's tiny brown poodle saw it all. Her toy companion was at her feet during the bizarre final encounter between the star-crossed Cachay and her screwed-up boyfriend, Nicholas Brooks.

It took two days in police custody for the unemployed son of a reputed pervert composer to sober up from the drinks he belted back and the pot he smoked on the night he allegedly murdered Cachay, sources said. Through his groggy haze, the 24-year-old Brooks stuck to his simple alibi: Cachay was zonked out on Xanax and anti-depressants when he left her alone in their room at SoHo House.

The beautiful Cachay was virtually carried into SoHo House at 12:30 a.m., sources said, when she, Brooks and her toy poodle arrived from her apartment, where scented candles had scorched her bed and her hair.

"I put her to bed and I went out," Brooks told investigators. "I thought she'd sleep it off."

But he was not tired. He went downstairs and headed for the bar. In the lobby, he met a man and they went together for drinks.

Snip

Snip
Brooks' father, Joseph, wrote "You Light Up My Life," and is charged with raping young wannabe composers and singers. The younger Brooks was charged with attempted murder and strangulation under a new domestic violence statute recently signed into law by Gov. David Paterson. He's due back in court on Thursday.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York (CNN) -- The son of an Oscar-winning composer was indicted Thursday in the strangulation death of his girlfriend, whose body was found last week in a New York hotel bathtub.

The details of the indictment of Nick Brooks, 24, are sealed and will not be revealed until his next court appearance, on January 4, said Manhattan District Attorney spokeswoman Joan Vollero.

Source:

CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/16/new.york.swimsuit.indictment/index.html?npt=NP1
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Fair Use

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/04/new.york.designer.murder/index.html?npt=NP1

New York (CNN) -- The ex-boyfriend of a swimsuit designer whose body was found at a chic New York hotel has been indicted on one count of murder in connection with her death, according to a statement from the Manhattan District Attorney's office Tuesday.

Nicholas Brooks, son of "You Light Up My Life" composer Joseph Brooks, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Tuesday afternoon to one charge of second-degree murder, and is next expected in court February 8, according to Manhattan District Attorney spokeswoman Joan Vollero. If convicted, Brooks could face 25 years to life in prison.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Update- charged/convicted Reply with quote

Justice has finally caught up with this man after he brutally killed his gf. He may face up to 25 years in prison for this crime.

rest in peace
goz

Fair Use
Boyfriend convicted of swimsuit designer's murder
By Rande Iaboni, CNN
updated 8:33 PM EDT, Thu July 11, 2013

Snip
The boyfriend of a swimsuit designer found dead in a bathtub at a chic New York hotel was convicted of her murder Thursday and faces up to 25 years in prison, the Manhattan District Attorney's office said.

A jury convicted Nicholas Brooks, son of "You Light Up My Life" composer Joseph Brooks, in New York Supreme Court for strangling and drowning Sylvie Cachay in December 2010, the office said in a statement.

"Domestic violence victims all too frequently become homicide victims," District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said. "Sylvie Cachay suffered a terrible death at the hands of a man who claimed to love her."

Cachay's bruised body was found submerged in water in an overflowing bathtub at the Soho House club and hotel on December 9, 2010, police said.

A guest staying on a lower floor of the hotel reported to hotel management that water was leaking through the ceiling of that guest's room, according to court documents.

A hotel employee investigating the source of the leak entered Cachay's room and discovered her body, the documents say.

Her death was later ruled a homicide.

Authorities said they relied on interviews with hotel employees and surveillance videos from the location to charge Brooks.

Cachay's body had bruising on the neck and bite marks, police said. An autopsy indicated the designer suffered injuries consistent with neck compression, court records show.

Snip

http://us.cnn.com/2013/07/11/justice/new-york-designer-murder/index.html?hpt=ju_c2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: