www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Interesting developments! Reply with quote

Well well well, just as we all thought, something is rotten in Denmark so to speak. Yes rd, it is beyond the beyond to believe that Chandra went jogging in the area stated; and further it is beyond belief Chandra would find herself alone in the park, in a trail off a trail off a cliff. Also, there was a psychopathic killer looming about in the park at the time, and he'd be the more likely murderer, but no matter; what would have brought Chandra to the park? Psychological profiling of what is known of Chandra, there is no way she would be on the Horse Trail or even at the bottom of the Hill jogging on Brandy Hill Road or visiting the Kingele (m.s.) Mansion alone.

Unless of course a prearranged date with Gary Condit to tour the Mansion; and since he has no alibi; seems a roundez-vous is not completely out of the question. Furthermore, Condit should have been at the California energy hearings; I listened to the entire taps, and have read the document and Gary Condit was not at this meeting; yet every everybody and anybody from California was in attendance at these hearings. Given Condit went to see the President and Vice-President about the energy crisis in California, for Condit to not have attended these hearings on Capital Hill rather worthy of investigation as to where he was from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm., and allegedly thereafter he went to the Doctor, before returning to C.H. for meetings...

Grandique admits to being in the park; and admits to attacking two other women in the park, but this does not place Chandra in the park.

I have no trouble to believe Grandique is capable of murder, and perhaps that he might have harmed Chandra, he just did not do it in Rock Creek Park.

If Condit admitted that he asked Chandra to meet him in Rock Creek Park, then I'd might consider Grandique suspect.

For all we know Condit could have had a key to Chandra's apt. since the security tapes were erased before they were forensically examined. We know the security guard was away from his desk at 4:30 thereabouts when law enforcement swung by, after the call about the "blood curdling scream" heard at 4:17 thereabouts. Odd the security guard did not hear the scream?

There is the testimony of the Gym worker....might he have been able to copy Chandra's keys; he is the last known person to see Chandra, also Chandra is found wearing possibly the same clothes that she was last seen wearing to the gym.

Given if someone else had a key to Chandra's apt, it would be child's play to have planted the information (search) re: Rock Creek Park on her computer.

Without answers to these questions, and certain other irregularities in questioning and witnesses, evidence against Grandique, I'm uncertain if he is guilty of the charges brought against him, and also matters that have yet to be investigated in Chandra's disappearance and murder.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well said, kate, especially this:

"in a trail off a trail off a cliff"

Best description of where Chandra's remains were found I've seen yet. Not someplace Chandra went willingly. Anyone who traversed up that hill for half a mile and out the "No Horses" path into a dark and forbidding forest at the top of a cliff would know that. But apparently ignorance is bliss in American justice.

And the defense lawyers are absolutely to blame for that. The DC prosecutors, what do you expect from those clowns except lies, but the defense lawyers, that's the only thing standing between ignorance and the truth. And defense lawyers believe in ignorance. They do everything they can to make sure it stays that way, the exact opposite of the truth that would place reasonable doubt on a guilty verdict.

I can't begin to list all the information the jury should have been force fed for them to know enough to at least have a guilty conscience when toeing the government line, but maybe the worst was the jury believing that Guandique lived in the park.

There was no "was Guandique in the park that day?" discussion, thanks to his lawyers. No, he was always at the park, he lived there. Letting that crap fly by the jury is incompetence bordering on negligence. I would demand a retrial on that alone. Was Guandique anywhere along Beach Drive that day where he would commit two assaults in upcoming weeks? I don't know, and Guandique sure doesn't know where he was on some random weekday without some event to go by.

Part of the lying reporting by the Washington Post reporters was that they touted someone as a former employer who says he fired Guandique, wouldn't you know, exactly the day that Chandra disappeared, part of the propaganda war the Fed prosecutors played out with the Washington Post to brainwash the local populace.

Just one of many reasons a relocation of the trial should have been demanded with utmost force and urgency. Of course it was probably inconvenient for everyone so heck, let's let the local kangaroo court work its will.

When you have a trial where there isn't even a discussion of whether Guandique was even there to commit this crime because the jury thought he was homeless and lived in the park, you have a de facto miscarriage of justice and a retrial required based on incompetence of counsel.

It's one thing to hide the truth that Guandique was an illegal, which seemed to be defense's overriding concern, and instead they let the jury think he lived in the park and convict him for life for two assaults he had just served ten years in federal prison for.

That is incompetence. That demands a retrial even if the DC prosecutors lying witnesses isn't enough to force it.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: replay of dog search Reply with quote

rd: I've often wondered, if a decoy (some road kill) placed in the woods on the cliff where Chandra was found and walk the cadaver dogs within the same distance of decoy; my guess is that they would get a hit!

It is allegedly the dogs searched within 200 yrds of Chandra's remains. My guess is Chandra was not there during the original search, as I have always found it odd that the dogs did not pick up hear scent, even from the roadway below where the dogs allegedly went by...if Chandra did die in the park, she was later moved to the location where she was found. IMO.

Given the heat of the spring and summer, it seems rather impossible that the dogs missed her scent when they were searching the area.
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another meeting today. Progress?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/293531/483/Levy-murder-case-re-examined-with-new-details?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief! I could have done this interview, I know as much as the Levy's. Maybe ABC should be talking to officials and asking how cloaking these developments in secrecy is making people safe. This is the promised transparency in government?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=8966041
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: "News-worthy" Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the great posts, everybody! Sigsky, you mentioned the abc interview. I don't know if you remember, but abc was the network that received full access to the DC Madam phone logs. Rod Wheeler, a D.C. Detective close to the Chandra Levy case, made a statement once about the name of Chandra's killer potentially being listed on that log. Once Ms. Palfrey committed suicide or was murdered, the rest of the names on the list were never revealed.
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forgive me if I am running at the mouth with these posts, but I was astonished at CBS's take on this new information. Was this on the nightly news? Could I smell a "60 Minutes" piece in the works? This story seems to be exploding which I view as good news unless something else occurs to obscure it. What do you make of Robert Levy's statement, "They can't tell us 'cause it's secret"? I can't tell if he is just stating a truth, or if there is frustration like mine in his voice. Anyway, it's rekindled my interest.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139713n
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Dr. Levy 's Tone of Voice Reply with quote

Keep the news coming, Sigsky! I agree with you that Dr. And Mrs. Levy are irritated and, simultaneously, intrigued by the secrecy surrounding this case, once again. In spite of all of the suffering they have endured, both of them continue to demonstrate an uncommon depth of spirit and wisdom as people and parents!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Motions Filed by media organizations Reply with quote

From the BLT--Blog of LegalTimes--January 24, 2013
This article contains a PDF of the motions filed by media organizations railing against the "secrecy" associated with this case.

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2013/01/news-outlets-challenge-secrecy-orders-in-chandra-levy-murder-case.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Finally Some News on the No News Front Reply with quote

Fox News 4 hours ago--January 31, 2013

The media wants to obtain access to the proceedings via a hearing they would like set for February 6, 2013.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/31/media-groups-want-hearing-on-closed-proceedings-in-chandra-levy-case/
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: We're Having a Hearing Reply with quote

OK, Wednesday is the big day. Not sure who, if anyone, is invited and doubt we will see it on HLN but it is a small step. Way to go news guys!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130204/us-chandra-levy/?utm_hp_ref=homepage&ir=homepage
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the judge is going to "discuss" it with the media companies that sought access on Wednesday. My guess is he will allow something to be divulged but not what DC prosecutors claim will "endanger" their so called witness.

There was mention of the actual hearing on Thursday if I read it right.

Looking forward to news on all this.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received an anonymous email that makes a really good point. I don't think this has been emphasized nearly enough, I know I didn't highlight it in Murder on a Horse Trail:

While Justice waits...

While awaiting news of the upcoming hearing controversy, I have been rereading chapters of your book to refresh my memory. I read something that I didn't remember the first time and it is one of those things that you can't shake from your mind. I will quote the section from Esquire - The Final Days of Gary Condit which was your Appendix VIII as follows:

Still, of the 233 murders reported in Washington last year, only three were of white women. So why Chandra Levy? How can people not be suspicious of Gary Condit? In the end, I put it to him bluntly "Gary, either you are guilty, or you are truly the most monumentally unlucky man who ever lived."

Chandra was ONE of only THREE white women killed in D.C. in 2001. And what are the odds that a member of Congress during that period would have a convicted felon in his/her family? And what are the odds that such Congressman knew Chandra Levy? It truly boggles my mind.

Reminds me of when O.J. Simpson was found to have a cut finger the night after his ex-wife and friend were found slashed to death. Really, what are the odds? We surely learned the answer to those murders even though it took years longer than it should have.

Still waiting for Justice to prevail.
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow, thanks for posting the link to the motions that were filed by the media. Interesting reading. I'll be interested in how the court replies today assuming it is made public.

rd is correct that the next secret hearing is Thursday at which Guandique will be in attendance. We'll see what we hear about that.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Drum Roll --Then Letdown! Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/judge-defends-sealing-of-new-documents-and-hearings-in-chandra-levy-murder-case/2013/02/06/4a2e9fa0-70a7-11e2-ac36-3d8d9dcaa2e2_blog.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: