www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've posted about Chandra Levy. If I had the money I never would have stopped extracting information from investigators and continuing to follow up on this travesty of justice they have done on Chandra.

Ace reporter Michael Doyle of McClatchy Newspapers is as he has always been on top of this. Read his report on the hearing granted on this issue raised about testimony that convicted Gaundique.

The details are being held confidential at this time. We have railed against the ridiculous testimony throughout the trial, to no avail. It is not surprising that something has come off the rails in this train wreck of a bogus conviction of a Chandra wandering around in a national forest, because gee it was a nice day, and besides, her body was found up there on the side of the highest hill in DC.

So of course she was wandering around up there, conveniently down the side of the hill from a picnic spot where someone could drag her body from a car.

Nope, no one in that courtroom was told that or had a clue. They were just fed lie after lie from the prosecutors.

That's called justice I guess.

We'll see what came off the rails if anything.

rd

New details could undermine witness in Chandra Levy case
By Michael Doyle | McClatchy Newspapers
December 18, 2012

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/12/18/177806/new-details-could-undermine-witness.html

Background and analysis:

Guandique pretrial motions

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!

Guandique Murder Analysis

Prosecutor seeks life sentence for Guandique

Guandique's Defense

Guandique indicted by DC federal grand jury

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09

Washington Post investigation of Chandra Levy cold case

Murder on a Horse Trail Chapter 24. Guandique

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited when I heard of this and of course came right here to post it. Great to see you are still vigilant, not that I would have expected anything else.

I can't glean anything from the report that leads me to believe that this will amount to anything, but it is great to be able to hope that Chandra's story has not yet concluded.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened to see it just before you, sigsky, but glad to see you're still on top of things. Yes, this is pretty interesting, definitely not a run of the mill defense complaint. They still haven't filed the appeal. Requested delay five times, latest deadline is February 2013.

I am quite sure that a major part of the government getting away with this was the limited time for preparing for defense by the Public Defenders. An experienced defense attorney would have blown upo this shoddy show trial the DC prosecutors put on with bogus witnesses.

Speaking of which, I am thinking that someone approached the prosecutors / police with information that someone was lying or that they were coerced to lie, etc. for some reason that makes them think they will get protection, etc.

Not that the prosecutors want the information, but perhaps by law someone coming forth must be protected, etc.

That's my thought on what is instigating this anyway.
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New twist in Chandra Levy murder case

http://www.thestate.com/2013/01/04/2577946/new-twist-in-chandra-levy-murder.html
By Michael Doyle | McClatchy Newspapers

This is truly bizarre. New information that no one can talk about or disclose. My interest has been rekindled.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that rigged song and dance DC prosecutors trotted out for their local kangaroo court, it's not surprising that someone who didn't get their payoff is threatening a tell all. These are violent felon convicts the government was playing footsy with after all.

The DC prosecutors continuing to try to keep a secrecy lid on this, at least until they can promise something to somebody to keep their mouth shut.

The guy that made up the story about Guandique "confessing" to him is in protective custody and no longer appears in Federal prison locator records, according to reporter Doyle, who is all over this like a wet blanket, as he has been from the beginning.

I hope he gets to write a real tell all story when this is all over instead of the crap lies the Washington Post reporters fed the public for the police.

We've torn down the book and the court case throughout these threads. Too bad the kangaroo court jurors were kept from knowing anything, anything at all about this case.

Heck, they picked DC jurors who had never heard of Chandra Levy to give you an idea how brain dead they are.

I would have given the Public Defenders an earful if I was within shouting distance, I can guarantee you that. The one thing they came up with from that despiteful DC Police "evidence", some of which was deliberately contaminated by these DC thugs, was a note found on Chandra's kitchen counter which I would really like to know more about.

But they really don't want the public to know anything. Pin it on an illegal in a place Chandra was brought to dead and keep everything secret.

Good enough for government work.
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried to find some contact information for defense attorney Jonathan Anderson without success. I just wanted to give him some encouragement.

The US Attorney's Office assertion that public disclosure posed a potential safety risk is ludicrous. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" - Words for Today.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encouragement well deserved. IIRC he's a young lawyer getting some experience.

He was trying to get this information public but the judge deferred for now based on vague "we're afraid it will bleed out" stuff from the prosecutors.

Bleed out? I don't think that was a coincidental choice of words by the prosecutor.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Real Date andTime of Murder Reply with quote

D.C. Court records
www.dccourts.gov/cco/main case.jsf

Where was Ingmar when Chandra was really murdered? Was he already in police custody for another crime? If so, this would prove him innocent of Chandra's murder.
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/defense-attorneys-in-chandra-levy-murder-case-seek-retrial-based-on-new-information-about-witness/2013/01/11/3ebe1fea-5c09-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html

Rainbow, I couldn't get your link to work. The above appears to have some new information, at least a formal request for a new trial for Guandique
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, a new trial being requested by defense lawyers because prosecutors withheld key information about a witness.

Ya think?

Holy cow, we have posted reams of facts that were withheld from this jury, assuming any of them wanted to know anything about it at all, which I doubt. It should be a mistrial based on refusal to move the trial alone. And prosecutors misled about a witness? Try misled about every witness, and most importantly about Chandra.

I guess saying lied isn't polite talk among these lawyers.

Interestingly, Keith Alexander of the Washington Post, a capable replacement for the legendary Post reporter who covered Chandra back in the day, Allan Lengel, reports that California prosecutors provided the information to DC prosecutors. The gist of this seems to be that DC prosecutors are saying too bad, and defense lawyers are saying the DC prosecutors knew this info all along.

I know the DC prosecutors along with the DC police deliberately lied to kangaroo court Guandique to put this political mess to bed, and probably proud of it. Hopefully they were a little too cute about it.

The judge must decide if the prosecutors had revealed the information to defense as they were required to whether it would have resulted in a different verdict. Probably that means was this witness critical to the guilty verdict.

A jaded me says no, the kangaroo court had a predestined outcome, it was just a matter of trotting out the necessary lies, but the practical me says that there was only one lie that really convicted him, and that's the
"cellmate confession" some California gang leader claimed Guandique told him in a prison in Kentucky, I believe.

In any event the information apparently would have precluded whatever lies one of the trotted out witnesses told the jury. Take your pick, they were all lies.

We have discussed the considerable amount of evidence and lack of evidence, but even DNA evidence that exonerated Guandique and puts a lie to Chandra roaming around in a dark national forest "because it was a nice day" after checking for messages from Condit constantly up to that point.

Of course the jury knew none of this, and I doubt a new jury will know anything critical if there were a retrial.

Lawyers are very reluctant to disclose the truth to the jury about anything.

It must be a lawyer thing. Whatever it is, it isn't justice.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Mr Doyle a short email just thanking him for staying on top of the story and he responded promptly to say he appreciated the support and remains committed. True to his word here is another update which indicates other publications are rallying against the withholding of news by the Justice Department.

http://www.thestate.com/2013/01/14/2590072/questions-still-haunt-the-chandra.html#.UPS4mvJS7pc
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great post, great article by McClatchy reporter Michael Doyle. Interestingly, Public Defenders office and DC prosecutors joined together to ask Appeals Court to wait for judge to rule on this prosecution witness issue, including whether to grant a new trial to Guandique.

If a new trial is run the same way as last time and these Public Defenders do the same lame stuff I railed against, won't do a bit of good. Not sure you can convince lawyers to be smarter than their book learning though.

Heck, who knows, lawyers may have this stuff so rigged that you can't tell the jury all the facts (excluding that ruled out by judge) or else the lawyers will not have adhered to the injustice rigging and will be considered in appeals to be incompetent.

It is completely unacceptable that the jury wasn't walked through Chandra's last days in detail as I laid out in Murder on a Horse Trail. Completely unacceptable that they didn't know Chandra and understand the young woman who was murdered.

Completely unacceptable they didn't know the crime scene and walked through the prosecution's contentions. Completely unacceptable they didn't know Guandique, the good and bad, and everything he had to say about what witnesses testified to.

Yes, that includes that he is an illegal immigrant and exactly what he did do and was convicted to ten years in federal prison for. Dippy lawyers "protecting" him essentially got him convicted again for assaults he had just completed serving ten years for. He was essentialy prosecuted again for those assaults. It is incomprehensible and shameful lawyers are too stupid and set in their ways to understand these things.

And no, I don't advocate a full blown Condit conspiracy reasonable doubt defense, but her actions and frame of mind up to the minute she disconnected from the internet was fully engaged with Condit, minute by minute. Anyone that has even a passing interest in the truth knows that if she was able to stop checking on messages from him she was meeting him.

There is no shame in that defense. There is no Chandra wandering in a dark forest that the jurors never even saw, had no idea what it took to get there. Absolutely the lamest defense that could possibly be presented was presented. Mostly it was whining about not having time to prepare.

Ok, that's not only understandable but a given with a Public Defenders Office. And so what do we have, automatic guilty verdicts for poor people the government wants to pin crimes on? Even when DNA evidence exonerates them as in every other DNA evidence trial ever heard of not defended by Public Defenders?

If there were one of these high priced famous public defense lawyers taking this case they would have ripped the DC prosecutors and police a new one, as we did here in these forums. It's not hard.

But no, whiny public defenders with some of the weakest stuff that anyone could ever come up with. And threw Guandique to the wolves. The jury knew nothing about him, and what they thought they knew was even worse than the truth.

So new trial? I hope, but is it possible for Guandique to be judged by a jury that knows the truth?
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is troubling. Instead of new information being made public, apparently once public information is now being sealed. I'm slightly tempted to try to go to Washington for this hearing but it doesn't seem very likely that I could get in and I'm sure I wouldn't learn anything that Mr. Doyle would not disclose. I thought the questionable witness had been identified as the inmate, but perhaps that was speculation. I wasn't aware Guandique was being held in Talladega. I wonder if it would be possible to visit him?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/18/3189335/more-twists-and-turns-in-the-chandra.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was only speculated, sigsky. What we said and Doyle alluded to is that the main witness whose testimony if impeached could throw doubt on the verdict and be significant enough to cause a re-trial is that gang leader "cellmate confession" in Kentucky.

Now are there other witnesses whose testimony if a falsification rises to the level of a re-trial? In my opinion, and as we analyzed and tore apart testimony trotted out by prosecutors, every one was a liar except the "turtle hunter" guy who didn't really say much one way or the other.

I think some of the testimony about DNA evidence was lies even though the DNA itself should have exonerated Guandique. Any lies in that area would be as critical to the false verdict as the cellmate confession lies.

Taladega? Alabama, holy cow, that's an easy trip for me from Jacksonville. Would have to have a Spanish translater. I imagine the lawyers would advise against him saying anything at the moment. Maybe later if they feel all is lost.

I'll go take a look at the article. Thanks for the link, sigsky.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the main thing I take from that article concerning witnesses is that Doyle is saying historical documents concerning the "cellmate confession" gangleader are no longer available online for legal documents access as they were before.

That is just an indication it seems more likely than ever that information prosecutors in California brought to the DC prosecutors (and defense was notified) is about this guy, the guy whose made up story about Guandique's "confession" is pretty much the whole case.

I am jaded and disgusted enough with these government clowns that this is subterfuge to release Guandique and send him back to Salvador but they will consider the case closed since he was convicted. So it's all just a pin this on an illegal and then release and deport him. They will still say they solved the case, which was the original part of the subterfuge.

One thing Doyle says I have to comment on.

"Her body was never recovered, but bones and personal items were found along a running and biking trail in a secluded section of a Washington park."

That is the way prosecutors describe it. It is very misleading to anyone that doesn't know the crime scene, which is nearly everyone, especially the jurors. It sounds like she was attacked while jogging or walking on a "running and biking trail".

It fits a preconceived picture of what people expect. It is more of Guandique's attacks on the joggers, which actually were on a "running and biking trail".

There are three accessways above and to the right of Chandra on the side of that steep hill. There is Ridge Road, a small two lane road that you use to drive through the park, stop at picnic areas or the horse tables, or go on to Military Road.

Or drop a dead body off and drag it several dozen yards out a footpath and a football field length straight down the side of a steep, gravelled hill with trees that have to have the body pulled around on the way down.

That last part is conveniently left out by these lawyers, both prosecutors and defense. Probably the defense doesn't even have a clue about it anyway. It's the only reasonable part, but it doesn't pin the crime on an illegal whose crimes were a mile away and a half mile downhill. On a real jogging and biking trail.

Ridge Road has the occasional cyclists, more often horses, but it isn't a jogging area. It's on top of a huge, huge hill with a winding switchback Ridge Road leading up a half mile to it. We have documented that thoroughly in Murder on a Horse Trail that joggers don't jog up there.

The second accessway is Western Ridge Trail. It is a horse trail set back in the trees and running alongside Ridge Road. It is the horse trail in Murder on a Horse Trail.

It is a horse trail stairstepped up this steep hill. You'd break your ankle trying to jog on it, and you'd break everything else trying to bike on it. It is not a "jogging and biking trail". It is a very rough horse trail. That doesn't fit in with pinning it on Guandique either, so that is never mentioned.

And lastly the third accessway is a tiny footpath that runs in from the road and horse trail at a picnic spot (#17) and circles around the peak of this steep hill and then back to Ridge Road at another picnic spot (#16). It has a sign that says "No Horses". If you thought the horse trail was narrow, well you haven't seen the "No Horses" footpath. Now that is narrow, and goes back even deeper and darker into a forbidding forest.

That also is not a "jogging and biking trail", nor even a horse trail. It is a footpath so narrow and steep I couldn't even sit down without sliding downhill. Yet prosecutors, and the "cellmate confession" story, claimed to completely ignorant jurors and spectators that Guandique was standing on this footpath and Chandra came walking along and he attacked her. Her items were found along the path and downhill some, her shallow grave much farther downhill.

I would have loved to have these stinking stupid jurors up on that footpath playing that out. Can't have that though. Then they'd actually know something about the case.

So no, there is no "jogging and biking trail" alongside which Chandra was found. But it's a lot easier than the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: