www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing detailed timelines is not easy, but in doing them the pattern provides context around the events.

I have done two timelines. The one for Chandra was so complex it required a book to analyze. I also did one for Theresa Parker's case. It explained some things to me and also even to others who had followed the case closely.

But I did those timelines with reported information. There is none to speak of in Tara's case. But one would have to be done from what is semi reported through the grapevine.

In Chandra's case phone records weren't released but reporters were granted access to them and they reported their analysis of them. The result was an absolute mess that took me weeks to analyze and make sense of in Murder on a Horse Trail, an analysis that neither reporters nor police have time to do to the extent needed.

For example, what was Meghan's calling pattern to Tara? This is far more relevant than how close of a friend she was thought to be. The timeline is more detailed the closer to the time of disappearance. There needs to be context for example of everything known to have happened in the two weeks prior to her disappearance.

Timelines are down to the minute in the case of the Saturday evening before she disappeared, or best guesses as to time and content of calls and other contacts.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara was a special person to have made such a positive impact on so many people around her in the time God gave her on this Earth.

The love and care she gave has been returned again and again in the caring so many people have expressed in trying to help Tara's loved ones find her, their beloved daughter, friend, neighbor, and colleague, teacher and mentor. And still it doesn't do justice to what a wonderful person Tara was.

I was glad to see the other day that Tara's mother has helped create an annual pageant event in Tara's memory to honor her life and work and good deeds for so many young people, an inspiration then and always an inspiration, and an annual event in remembrance is so fitting.

Tara deserved so much more of a chance to fulfill her dreams, but a life shortened so selfishly is a life we must remember and honor all the more as Tara loved and honored her students, family, and friends when she was with us.

Nothing will ever bring Tara back, but neither will anything ever take her memory away from those whose lives she touched.

Our prayers are with you, Tara, and to your loved ones.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Tara's mom has passed away Reply with quote

I am posting some very sad news. I just read that Tara's mother Faye Grinstead has died.

It is a shame Faye never found out what happened to Tara while she was alive. This must have been hard for her to cope with when she was alive.

My prayers go out to their family and friends.

May she rest in peace.

Goz
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that Tara will also be featured on CBS 48 Hours this Sat at 10p.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara and Jennifer Kesse? That's interesting, UCF. For all interested in Tara's disappearance as well, we'll be sure to tune in and see what they have to say about these disappearances.

rd
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CBS 48 Hours piece scheduled for this Saturday, June 14, has been postponed. It was to feature Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Supposedly it was due to scheduling problems with the network, however, Tara's mom just passed away this past weekend, so that could have had something to do with it.

Will let everyone know new airdate as soon as I do.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UCF has posted an update that the Dateline show has been rescheduled for July 1. Here's the update:

From TV Guide Website... Tuesday, July 1st at 9pm EST/8pm CST... check local listings for times and channels

CBS 48 Hours
Episode Detail: Stolen Beauty - 48 Hours Mystery
The disappearances of two women, one a teacher and the other a financial analyst, are investigated.

This is the CBS 48 Hours show featuring Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Please be sure to tune in. Hopefully, someone will make the call that help to bring answers to the Kesse and Grinstead Families.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the road so doing limited posting, but wanted to mention that on the way to Atlanta I took the opportunity to pass through Ocilla from Tifton and then back to I-75 from Ocilla.

I saw the billboard near the Ocilla Quickstop asking for information on Tara's disappearance. It's like a missing poster but billboard size. It's a nice remembrance of Tara if nothing else.

On the drive from Tifton the usual large ponds next to houses and farms are along the highway, but what struck me was the Alapaha River.

From the map I had envisioned some kind of wilderness and a bridge crossing a river below, with some rocks and riverbed and such.

Well, not to be, this is southern Georgia. The "river" runs right under the bridge, there didn't seem to be too much clearance. It is very narrow but not shallow, and thick vegetation lines both banks as it disappears into it.

I will tell you that it would be both very difficult but very necessary to search that river for Tara's remains. It is easily the easiest spot to dump a body a reasonably short distance from Tara's house with little chance that she would be found without a lot of effort, like searchers looking with equipment under the bridge and downstream. You could only search in the water, it is inaccessible through the vegetation on the banks.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched CBS 48 Hours tonight on Tara and Jennifer Kesse cases. The new information in Tara's case was that police confirmed DNA and a fingerprint was found in the latex glove.

It also didn't match any of 50 or more people that police questioned in Tara's disappearance. That allegedly leaves a stranger either passing through town or acting as a hired hitman, etc.

I guarantee you it matches someone in a local hospital at the time. This glove left in the front yard is so obviously a decoy that it would be funny if there weren't a woman's death involved here.

The labs say that latex gloves rarely turn up either DNA or a fingerprint, and this turned up both.

The murderer was very thorough in his plans on getting rid of Tara where no one would ever find her. Interesting that three of the most prominent cases where the missing woman hasn't been found were ex's who were all small town cops.

They were very thorough, and they knew what they were doing.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: transcript 48 hours of Tara and Jennifer Reply with quote

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397.shtml

Click link for 48 hours episode on the two woman

(fair use)
Stolen Beauty
A Young Teacher And A Financial Analyst Vanish. Are Their Cases Linked?
Page 1 to 6
July 1, 2008
CBS News- 48 hours

CBS) Tara Grinstead, an 11th grade history teacher in Ocilla, Ga., disappeared without a trace in October 2005. Three months later, another young woman, Jennifer Kesse, also vanished in Orlando, Fla.

There were some similarities in the cases, leading investigators to wonder: are these disappearances somehow linked?
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Missing beauty queen was mending broken heart Reply with quote

We haven't seen much on Tara lately. Here is a link on a recent article.

Missing beauty queen was mending broken heart
Nancy Grace Cold Cases
CNN
Sept 30, 2008- (Fair Use)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/30/grace.beauty.missing/index.html

Snip
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Tara Grinstead, a 30-year-old schoolteacher and former beauty queen, attended a Saturday night beauty pageant and then left a dinner party, telling friends she was going straight home. She has not been seen since that night -- October 22, 2005.

Tara Grinstead, a former beauty queen who taught at a Georgia high school, was last seen on October 22, 2005.

Friends and family called Grinstead the next day, but couldn't reach her.

The following Monday, when she did not show up for work at Irwin County High School, co-workers called police and reported her missing.

When police arrived at her home in Ocilla, Georgia, they found the clothes she wore Saturday night piled on her bedroom floor. Her cell phone was charging in the wall outlet, and her car was parked in the driveway.

Snip
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a CNN Headline News show at 5 pm tonight, Christmas Eve. Highly recommended. It will show again New Years Eve at 5. It covered Jennifer Kesse (see Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect) and Stacy Peterson (see Another cop's wife disappears- Stacy Ann Peterson of Chicago) as well as Tara (and a couple of other tragic multiple murders, good coverage.)

Mike Galonos hosting, good host. Follows up on questions and asks intelligent questions while also being caring and empathetic to the victims' families.

Mike Brooks investigator and Pat Brown profiler featured guests. Both sharp people. Good points from Mike Brooks about the state of the crime scene.

Tara's sister Anita Gattis was interviewed. Didn't point at anyone, laid out the facts straight. Murderer clearly was a local person Tara knew.

Probably the most misleading evidence is DNA and a partial fingerprint found in a latex glove in Tara's front yard, unmatched to any persons of interest. This is deliberately so, in my opinion, a stolen latex glove placed there by a person knowledgeable of law enforcement. Undoubtedly matches up with someone not close to the murderer from someplace he had access to, could be anything from a lab to a hospital to anyplace else the murderer was around in the previous few days but not noticeably so.

The stupidest thing about Tara's case is her clock under her bed six hours behind and her lamp shade askew, and it is said there were no signs of struggle. Hello, what does it take to have signs of struggle?

So unfortunately with the same meaningless drivel coming out for the last two years, we will never know anything unless someone stumbles upon Tara's remains, and we're likely not to know anything more even then.

So sad to say that. But that's what happens when so many law enforcement officers become silent ex's.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Tara Missing Reply with quote

Greetings, Just saw this case on Disappeared

checking out maps, and it is 2.5 hour drive to the ocean, easy way to dispose of remains, and if speeding, likely a 2 hour drive, also possible to have held her body and disposed of it, a day or two after, not necessary to do it that night....

Also, remember searching the area for people being buried, how easy would it be to dispose of a body in someone else's grave, after the funeral dig up the remains, and place an additional body in the grave, never never to be found...
If you had ties to a funeral home/crematorium, how easy it would be to pay off someone at the crematorium...get rid of an unwanted body not impossible..

Just thinking out loud...dumping a body in the ocean, unlikely to be found as well......
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thxs for the update on the show

I wish they would have solved this mssing persons case.

I remember when RD went to the site to investigate.

Maybe by running the show LE will get more leads.

Happy New Year.

goz
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw these new postings on Tara. Thanks for the updates. It's an insider job in that little community, no doubt in my mind. And her body was hidden locally by the insider.

I know who I suspect, probably most everyone who looked into this does, but this whole mess was buried by that little community just like Tara. It was political enough for one part of the community to character assassinate Tara.

So Tara died twice in that little Georgia town.

May she rest in peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: