www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique and other injustices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Washington Post Argues for Disclosure of Jury Forms in Chand Reply with quote

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2011/09/washington-post-argues-for-disclosure-of-jury-forms-in-chandra-levy-murder-trial-.html

I'm not sure how critical this could possibly be but it seems like the Washington Post has a good argument. I can't imagine recalling the jury members after this much time.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised at what the WP is doing still pursuing questionnares the jury pool filled out. Is it a procedural thing that they're just ticked off that the court refused their requests, a sort of precedent thing they care about, or is their actually anything of interest they're looking for?

It would be too much to hope that the WP saw the jury as rigged and wants to find out a pattern if any for the selecte jurors. Maybe someone just has an interest in procedures and thought this was semi-unorthodox and think there's a story in it?

I tend to think it's some kind of press rights thing they're pursuing versus actually caring what makeup of jurors so cluelessly convicted Guandique, trampling Chandra's legacy to do it.
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: DC Deciding Fate of Chandra Levy Trial Voir Dire Questionnai Reply with quote

http://blogs.findlaw.com/dc_circuit/2011/09/dc-deciding-fate-of-chandra-levy-trial-voir-dire-questionnaires.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DCCircuit+

I didn't get this yesterday but the question comes down to:

Which bears more weight? A Superior Court judge's promise or the US Constitution.

Interesting.
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2012/01/washington-post-wins-access-to-jury-questionnaires-from-chandra-levy-murder-trial.html

Apparently the Constitution! Will wonders never cease.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: