www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique and other injustices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't think this was a weak case," Fisher said, shortly before handing down Guandique's sentence. "There was pretty compelling evidence…that was highly persuasive."

Judge Fisher must have been presiding over another trial. There was absolutely NO evidence linking Guandique to this, never mind compelling. I thought the lie detector test results that proved Guandique’s innocence was pretty compelling, but not enough for Fisher to allow as evidence in the trial.

“Fisher acknowledged that there were "portions" of Assistant U.S. Attorney Amanda Haines' closing argument that may have crossed a line, but he rejected the claim that a new trial was required.”

Apparently Judge Fisher doesn’t mind if a government attorney crosses the line enough to consider a new trial, but banning evidence that would prove a defendant not guilty is fine with him. The trial was a farce from the start, and Fisher deserves to be thrown off the bench.
jane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher deserves to be thrown off the bench, except that he is doing exactly what the big boys who control him want him to do.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Judge Fisher Reply with quote

It's odd that he would go along with something like this. From the sound of his voice, he appears to be a very kind and sensitive human-being.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, rigged from the beginning. Not only is a new trial needed, but it needs to be moved to another location with jurors not part of the government as with this bunch in DC.

Guandique should be freed based on DNA evidence found on the victim as in every other case in the country where the government has been overturned time after time for convicting the wrong person, in my opinion often willingly, because they fight the DNA evidence and attempt to suppress it every time.

I would appeal in the same manner other cases are done to have this conviction overturned, and challenge the different result as a government manipulated injustice.

I have given up hope for justice for Chandra, but Guandique shouldn't bear the burden of the injustice.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this to Guandique's Public Defenders Santha and Maria:

Well it's been some time and I saw the good news that one of your associates filed an appeal, but with May 1 rolling around and seeing the docudrama on Chandra which quite frankly as it got closer to the end and was starting on how the Washington Post went after Guandique, I turned it off.

I am more than anything just completely in disbelief that a trial could be held for Guandique without examining the crime scene, which would have forced the jurors to deal with a woman who never jogged ending up in a place that these jurors can't even imagine. And they didn't even have to do that! Just extremely beyond belief and I think a basis for a mistrial. Which you addressed somewhat in the appeal.

I just wish these jurors had been read to in a voice loud enough to keep them awake this post I had written at the time:

Guandique Murder Analysis
http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4217

In no way could a reasonable jury knowing in detail what Chandra did her last several days believe she took up jogging for the first time in her life and left phone contact with Condit whom she had been waiting for a message and run through the streets and roads of DC in freaking spandex tights and tshirt over a sports bra up some godforsaken forest mountain. Does anyone have any idea what kind of sight that would have made? Chandra was actually shy it should be pointed out, and bouncing through the streets and in dark forests on horse trails is absolutely ridiculous and should be a crime to accuse her of to start with. And at that violating every rule of safety she preached as a former police trainee and FBI applicant, as well as an evangelist for women's safety. Just very very upsetting, I wish I had the money to appeal this myself.

In any event, the rules you lawyers have of trying not to let defendants testify, not wanting to let other information be brought in, in my opinion in this case the exact opposite of what Guandique needed. The more the jury knew about Guandique, the more the story was baseless. In fact I would have rammed that affadavit down the jury's bored attention span and reamed the government with all the lies they had in it to get Guandique's indictment. There can't be more than one or two true statements in it, and none of it was used in the trial after using it to brainwash the public for months. It's a national disgrace that this passes for a Justice Department.

Yes, I understand it's unbeleivable this jury brought guilty based on nothing, and in fact against DNA evidence that would free any other convicted murderer or rapist in the country as is routinely done, this is a travesty of justice that should be an international incident in my opinion on par and even worse than the way Amanda Knox was convicted in Italy. El Salvador should demand their citizen be returned to them in light of this gross miscarriage of justice against one of their own.

I am wondering if Guandique has anything to offer in his defense. For example, the Washington Post reported that he was fired the very same day, May 1, yet we heard nothing of that at trial. I would have tried the Washington Post reporting and affadavit and pounded the jury with all this false malicious attacks on Guandique that landed him at the trial, after they were marched for miles up and down that hill until they were intimately aware of what the police and prosecutors were claiming happened. There is no way any understanding of it to render a judgement could possibly be made without doing that. It should be an a priori mistrial on those merits alone. It is an absolute disgrace what those prosecutors got away with.

Lastly, the note on the counter referring to a cerebral hemorrhage is absolutely unexplainable in any scenario the prosecution is contending. We only know about it because of you and your access to police evidence, we have you to thank for that and an attempt to get through to that brain dead jury about it. That that information was withheld by police is understandable, because it is explosive. And yet those dufus jurors would have no more idea of the significance of it than the man in the moon.

Is there such a thing as a mistrial due to an incompetent jury? Surely no reasonable person can think Chandra was given a note about a death and a cerebral hemmorrhage and she laid it on the counter and went for a jog for miles up in a forest around the highest peak in DC on a path to nowhere. Surely no one but this jury who thought Guandique was homeless and lived in the park? Absolutely unbelievable.

I assure you that jury would have had some glimmer of that impossibility if I ever got in front of them. Obviously I do not have the tact and demeanor to ever get in front of a jury.

Any info you can share on that note and other evidence would be much appreciated. I am at a total loss to explain it. Do you have any idea what it is?

I am hopeful that Guandique is dealing with this as best he can. He said he knew some people knew he was innocent, and there are many of us that know this whole charade was impossible to happen.

I just wish a responsible jury could have known enough to concur.

regards,
rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Hi rd!
Thank you so much for taking time out to write and forward this letter to Guandique's defense team. As far as the WP goes, do you all remember when certain people were threatening to sue it during the early days of Chandra's disappearance. Can this also be a reason the WP allowed these writers to create their false scenario of Chandra's death?
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it definitely seems to be a "make-up" to them.

As I wrote the lawyers, I would have tried the Washington Post as well as the affadavit, which are very closely entwined, in Guandique's trial.

To not do so is a basic lack of justice for Guandique, and more importantly, for Chandra.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd,

I admire your vigilance. You would have been an asset to the defense team.

I'm not usually a quitter, but I'm afraid it is time to throw in the towel here. There are so many missing/dead women and I think Chandra's time has passed.

I will continue to follow any new developments.
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I think you're right, sigsky. I wrote in an earlier post that I've given up on justice for Chandra, but that Guandique shouldn't be made the scapegoat for it.

I think a mistrial is called for and the facts about Chandra and the details of the alleged crime scene made clear to the jury. I have no faith it will happen but I won't give up demanding it.

Thanks for all you've done, sigsky. Hope we have something on this to see your input again.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Wiki-ki! Reply with quote

Hi Rd!
Do you think that there will be any WIkileaks on the Chandra case?
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think so, Rainbow. Access to Chandra's police files is fairly limited (Chandra's parents act like they haven't examined them, not sure what the private investigators were able to get a hold of but you'd think that if they saw a cerebral hemmorhage note in the evidence they'd at least make a passing reference to it).

Some DC detectives, prosecutors, and public defenders, and of course the government's brainwashing crew the Washington Post reporters, none of whom are the type to surreptitiously liberate information since they don't want it revealed.

With the trial concluded perhaps a Freedom of Information Act could wrest away evidence the DC police are still keeping secret, but as with this whole Guandique frame job I think they're counting on no one both caring and having enough money to challenge it.

So they'll keep the public ignorant. It's the only thing they do well.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: DC officers, police department employees to be honored at aw Reply with quote

A pat on the back for the DC Police by the DC Police.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/a7bf11d77e2943119be7817b37990c7e/DC--Officers-of-the-Year/
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigsky, you'd think that when the misjustice is actually based on the prosecutors trying to prove how screwed up the DC police are, and the defense is based on trying to prove how screwed up the DC police are, that the the DC police would be at least a little embarrassed.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Inmate seeks documents related to Chandra Levy's killer Reply with quote

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/06/28/116670/inmate-seeks-documents-related.html

The above article gives some new (I think) information about some of Guandique's fellow inmates and their part in the prosecution.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting info, sigsky. The "professional" filer of cellmate confessions who helped the liar the prosecutors used for their own misdeeds has filed a FOIA requesting documents naming him in conjunction with Guandique.

If anyone could blow wide open this subversion of justice for Chandra, it would be him. He knows what the lies are. He mentored the liar in filing a "cellmate confession" letter that had everything the prosecutors needed to railroad Guandique and close Chandra's case.

And there's only one reason prisoners and prosecutors play this life and death game. As I've written from the beginning, when all else fails, prosecutors trot out a "cellmate confession" for evidence. They have no compunction. They are the judge and jury. They decide who's guilty, and they reward liars who help them. Significant rewards, the least of which is special treatment in prison until the "cellmate" release can be arranged or parole granted. Whatever it takes to keep this game in the prisoner's heads for prosecutors to use. Justice I think they call it.

It's interesting because I think the liar used this guy and is getting the rewards, and this guy wants to know how he was used or a piece of the action or may blow the lies used by a Washington DC controlled jury to convict Guandique wide open.

Wouldn't that be interesting? The government will be trying to shush this guy.

Excellent reporting by Michael Doyle, as usual. If ever there was an award winning journalist, it's McClatchy's Michael Doyle.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: