www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
Hi Sigsky and Peri!

I really believe, Peri, as I have stated earlier, that the outcome of this trial was predetermined. All throughout the pretrial hearings when the defense had reason to ask for all charges to be dropped, the judge would say, "this trial is going forward" or something to that effect. To me, it's as though he had his orders on this one.

Whoever was giving the judge his orders initially thought Guandique's defense would jump at a deal - they really didn't expect or want a trial.

But once the defense dug in and it was clear they were not about to plea for a deal, there WOULD be a trail, and the verdict WOULD be guilty. That is what I believe.

By all analyses of all the learned pundits in the media, the prosecution had a very flimsy case. Yet the prosecutors on video looked as carefree as kids on a picnic. Clearly they had no concern whatsoever.

It is difficult to see how a jury could be coerced - I believe it was done by planting one juror whose background and bearing would make him/her a sure bet for foreman/woman and one or more others to encourage the rest to follow the main plant.

The foreman/woman would guide the deliberations, reining in the other jurors whenever they strayed too far in certain directions (yet allowing them to feel they explored all pertinent avenues).

Of course this is just my opinion, but I really do believe this is what happened.

I think that's exactly what happened, and you are start out with a jury that claims they knew nothing of Chandra Levy is starting out with a group with a certain mindset anyway, that being clueless, and then kept clueless in this trial.

With no Latinos in the jury it was basically like a black being convicted by an all white jury. The fact that the only evidence was exonerating male DNA evidence found on Chandra's tights shows that they were just rubberstamping their DC overlords.

The trial should have been moved for a fair trial and the fact that the government claims it can't should tell everyone right there what kind of trial it was.

Appeal should be successful for a new trial in a new location in a world where justice prevails.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Similarities Reply with quote

This case reminds me somewhat of the Mary Pinchot Meyer case, which has recently been featured on Discovery ID's "Hardcover Mysteries" program. It appears that lessons were learned from that trial, as pertaining to how to avoid the same verdict.

Lesa's Book Critiques
October 10, 2010
by Lesa Holstine

http://lesasbookcritiques.blogspot.com/2010/10/hardcover-mysteries-on-investigation.html

But, I have more to tell you. I was fortunate to be able to preview the first episode. David Baldacci is featured in a story of sex, politics, secrets, and murder, "Death in D.C." in October 1964. It's not surprising that the author of Absolute Power is intrigued with the murder of Mary Meyer. The episode synopsis says, "In 1964, Mary Meyer, a DC socialite married to a CIA director, was found murdered on a path near her home. ... Mary kept a secret diary, which detailed an affair with President Kennedy, and lead to many conspiracy theories implicating the CIA. It also formed the partial basis for David Baldacci's first best-seller, Absolute Power."

The show reenacts the murder while Baldacci, reporters, lawyers, and others analyze the case. Since Mary Meyer was Ben Bradlee's sister-in-law, he is one of the people interviewed, along with attorney Robert Bennett.

From some of the comments RD has made about Guandique's trial proceedings, I think he would agree that Ingmar could have used another Dovey Johnson Roundtree to defend him!

Katie McCabe, Dovey's biographer, writes as a comment on the same blog page:

Katie McCabe said...
The story of the attorney featured in tonight's Mary Pinchot Meyer episode, the legendary black trial lawyer Dovey Roundtree, is told in the award-winning new book she and I co-authored, Justice Older than the Law. David Baldacci says that Dovey Roundtree, who stunned all of Washington DC by winning acquittal for the black laborer accused of Mary Meyer's murder, is one character he'd be proud to have invented! When you read her memoir, you'll see why -- she made history as a lawyer, a minister, and an Army veteran, rising from poverty in the Jim Crow South to shatter segregation in Washington's courtrooms. Visit us on the web at www.justiceolderthanthelaw.com.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiko's House blog
by Shaun Mullen

This post is based, in part, on Nina Burleigh's A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer.
Monday, June 21, 2010

Mary Pinchot Meyer's Most Enigmatic Life & Oh So Weirdly Mysterious Death

Quote:
On October 12, 1964, eleven months after Kennedy's assassination and two weeks after the Warren Commission report was made public, Mary finished a painting and went for a walk along the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal towpath in Georgetown. A mechanic trying to fix a car on Canal Road heard a woman cry out, "Someone help me, someone help me." He heard two gunshots and ran to a low wall looking over the path where he saw "a black man in a light jacket, dark slacks, and a dark cap standing over the body of a white woman."
Mary's body had two bullet wounds, one at the back of the head and another in her heart. An FBI forensic expert later said "dark haloes on the skin around both entry wounds suggested they had been fired at close-range, possibly point blank.

Minutes later a disheveled, soaking wet African-American man named Raymond Crump was arrested near the murder scene. No gun was found and Crump was acquitted after a trial at which Mary's background was kept from his lawyer, Dovey Johnson Roundtree, and the jury.

"It was as if she existed only on the towpath on the day she was murdered," Roundtree later said.

Mary had told close friend Ann Truitt to retrieve her diary -- actually a sketchbook with paint swatches and some writing -- if anything ever happened to her. Truitt was living in Tokyo when the murder occurred and called Angleton and Bradlee to ask if they have found the diary.

What happened next remains a matter of dispute.

"We didn't start looking until the next morning," Bradlee recalled. "Mary's house . . . was locked, as we had expected, but when we got inside, we found James Angleton, and to our complete surprise he told us he, too, was looking for Mary's diary."
Tony and Ben Bradlee later found Angleton trying to pick a padlock at Mary's studio. After he left, Tony found the diary and many letters in a metal box. These were given to Angleton, who later claimed he burned the diary, in which he said Mary wrote that she and Kennedy had taken LSD before "they made love," but then returned it to Tony many years later, who then burned it herself in Ann Truitt's presence.

Several of the key players believe that Mary would not have wanted Angleton to have been involved, while his role in the events after her death and his pursuit of papers that mentioned Kennedy or his assassination has made her private life seem like a matter of national security.

Some insiders have stated that while Mary's diary detailed her intimate relationship with the president, it gave no suggestion that she knew anything about the assassination.

Cord Meyer publicly stated that he was convinced that Crump had murdered Mary, a response to be expected from an Agency man. But years later, C. David Heymann, claimed that when asked Cord who had murdered Mary six weeks before his death in 2001, he reportedly hissed back, "The same sons of bitches that killed John F. Kennedy."
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiko's House blog
by Shaun Mullen

This post is based, in part, on Nina Burleigh's A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mary Pinchot Meyer's Most Enigmatic Life & Oh So Weirdly Mysterious Death

Quote:
On October 12, 1964, eleven months after Kennedy's assassination and two weeks after the Warren Commission report was made public, Mary finished a painting and went for a walk along the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal towpath in Georgetown. A mechanic trying to fix a car on Canal Road heard a woman cry out, "Someone help me, someone help me." He heard two gunshots and ran to a low wall looking over the path where he saw "a black man in a light jacket, dark slacks, and a dark cap standing over the body of a white woman."
Mary's body had two bullet wounds, one at the back of the head and another in her heart. An FBI forensic expert later said "dark haloes on the skin around both entry wounds suggested they had been fired at close-range, possibly point blank.

Minutes later a disheveled, soaking wet African-American man named Raymond Crump was arrested near the murder scene. No gun was found and Crump was acquitted after a trial at which Mary's background was kept from his lawyer, Dovey Johnson Roundtree, and the jury.

"It was as if she existed only on the towpath on the day she was murdered," Roundtree later said.

Mary had told close friend Ann Truitt to retrieve her diary -- actually a sketchbook with paint swatches and some writing -- if anything ever happened to her. Truitt was living in Tokyo when the murder occurred and called Angleton and Bradlee to ask if they have found the diary.

What happened next remains a matter of dispute.

"We didn't start looking until the next morning," Bradlee recalled. "Mary's house . . . was locked, as we had expected, but when we got inside, we found James Angleton, and to our complete surprise he told us he, too, was looking for Mary's diary."
Tony and Ben Bradlee later found Angleton trying to pick a padlock at Mary's studio. After he left, Tony found the diary and many letters in a metal box. These were given to Angleton, who later claimed he burned the diary, in which he said Mary wrote that she and Kennedy had taken LSD before "they made love," but then returned it to Tony many years later, who then burned it herself in Ann Truitt's presence.

Several of the key players believe that Mary would not have wanted Angleton to have been involved, while his role in the events after her death and his pursuit of papers that mentioned Kennedy or his assassination has made her private life seem like a matter of national security.

Some insiders have stated that while Mary's diary detailed her intimate relationship with the president, it gave no suggestion that she knew anything about the assassination.

Cord Meyer publicly stated that he was convinced that Crump had murdered Mary, a response to be expected from an Agency man. But years later, C. David Heymann, claimed that when asked Cord who had murdered Mary six weeks before his death in 2001, he reportedly hissed back, "The same sons of bitches that killed John F. Kennedy."
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Jogger Assassin Reply with quote

The Education Forum--Mary Pinchot Meyer
Thread Moderator: John Simkin--post by Peter Janney

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3520&st=75

Mary Meyer was not murdered; she was assassinated. I believe I am well on my way to proving this. The assassin's name was William L. Mitchell and he testified at the Crump murder trial as the "jogger" who passed Mary on his way back to Key Bridge. He testified that a black man, allegedly Ray Crump, was following Mary after he passed her. It was a complete frame up, again generated by certain individuals within the CIA.

Leo Damore interviewed "William L.Mitchell" ("Mitchell" told Damore that his name was an alias and that he had several aliases that he used) on March 31, 1993 on the phone for several hours. He allegedley recorrded the call but I could never find the tapes. "Mitchell" confessed to Damore that he had been ordered to take out Mary Meyer.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: A Recognizable Pattern Reply with quote

Someone else who agrees with me!

The Education Forum: A Forum for Teachers and Educators

Ingmar Guandique Suspect in Chandra Levy murder #1 William Kelly

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

In a case similar to that of Mary P. Meyer, two miles and two decades apart.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14100&st=0&p=163634&hl=condit&fromsearch=1&#entry163634
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Suspect Trial Reply with quote

Jane I agree with you regarding the pink T shirt might have been worn over the grey shirt, and if these were the same clothes Chandra had on the night
before, it is likely that she had on a heavier T-shirt to walk home from the gym. Most of the evidence other than the searches on Chandra's computer point to the likelihood that she was brutally murdered the night/early morning hours somewhere, but not in the park.

I agree that their seems to be a miscarriage of justice. It seems unbelievable that a deal was not struck in the trial, even if Grandique was not guilty, as the lawyer must have known that their wasn't a down hill chance that Grandique would get a fair trial.

Still it is puzzling how a first degree murder conviction was even put forward to being with, I can see manslaughter, but it seems obvious that Grandique is not a cold blooded killer, as this list of victims would have been must longer, he had opportunity to murder the two victims he attacked in the park, and the lady whom he stole the ring from in her apartment.

If I lived closer, and if it was possible I'd be visiting Grandique in his cell. I realize that Grandique is not an upstanding character, and it is possible which I do not believe that he did harm Chandra, that being said, he did not do this with malice of forethought, i.e. I think I'll rape and murder the first woman I get my hands on today for her walkman which was not taken.

As you say rd, he is entitled to a fair trial. It appears that he was denied this. I'd love to know what Susan and Bob Levy really think. And it is ironic that Chandra's birthday is the feast of Justinian (m.s.) the patron saint of JUSTICE, a cruel irony.

Thanks folks for the information on Mary Myers, had not heard of her case, other than she was numbered as one of the multitude of victims who met a tragic end to cover up the murder of Kennedy, however I never knew the details of her murder.

Is there some lobby group that provides legal services for appeals to people in jail suspect of an unfair trial? I have heard of several groups related to those people in prisons convicted of drug possession under the Reagan administration, sentences of 25 years because they would not rat out others, or who were vicariously associated with drug dealers. Saw a programme on City Confidential, where a group of lawyers got together to provide legal services for such cases for people who were wrongly convicted.

Wonder if a protest, letter campaign might work, such as the lobby to have chandra's case brought before a grand jury, successful, but in the end, what did citizens' get but a Kangaroo court. [/i]
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Man convicted in Chandra Levy case seeks new trial Reply with quote

http://www.wwltv.com/news/national/115119019.html

As expected. Seems like there is some justification but I doubt it will amount to anything.

And here is Michael Doyle's take:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/02/02/107953/lawyers-seek-new-trial-for-convicted.html
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Man convicted in Chandra Levy case seeks new trial Reply with quote

sigsky wrote:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/national/115119019.html

As expected. Seems like there is some justification but I doubt it will amount to anything.

And here is Michael Doyle's take:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/02/02/107953/lawyers-seek-new-trial-for-convicted.html

Thanks for the news article...Sigsky, will see what happens...
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Text of Motion for New Trial Reply with quote

http://www.scribd.com/doc/48053894/Ingmar-New-Trial

I blundered upon this accidently while reading about Susan Levy's intention to make a victim statement at Guandique's sentencing. Here is also her filing with the court:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/48353528/Susan-Levy-Victim-statement

The press has been covering this adequately, but it really brings it home when you see the legal documents.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Mrs. L. Reply with quote

Very interesting docs. Thank you for sharing them, Sigsky! I wonder what is going to happen with Guandique's sentencing.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentecing is still today, Feb. 11? What riles me up is the US government butchered the evidence and threw Chandra under the bus for the second time to protect its own.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Case Closed Reply with quote

Quote from the article below

"closing the high-profile case"

I think am becoming a conspriacy theorist because this rings clearly as "Mission Accomplished". Sad day indeed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/02/11/2011-02-11_chandra_levys_murderer_ingmar_guandique_sentenced_to_60_years_in_prison.html
James Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I am very sorry for what happened to your daughter,” Guandique said in Spanish to Susan Levy, Ms. Levy’s mother. “But I had nothing to do with it. I am innocent.”

During her remarks, she confronted him over the murder.
"I ask you that right now, did you really take her?” she said. “Look into my eyes right now and tell me.”

It’s obvious that even now Mrs. Levy doubts that Guandique was responsible for Chandra’s murder. But it seems that she and the jury just wanted to end this and blame SOMEONE. And since the establishment is protecting Condit, they went along with this abomination and took their anger out on Guandique.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigsky and James have summed this travesty of justice up perfectly.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: