www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What went on in Chandra's apartment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guandique took it (just kidding).
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That! Reply with quote

It looks like that is what the prosecution is alluding to with the mysterious so-called "missing fanny-pack" story.

I wonder why the government was allowed to "throw" in suggestions to the jury at the last minute like that (subway travel, fanny-pack), with no substantiating evidence.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and keep out all the so called evidence they alluded to in the fantasy affdavit.

The public defenders should have tore the government case apart by going through all the statements made, and the affadavit line by line.

But they had a "they didn't prove it, we're out of here" attitude.

Typical lawyer thinking. Don't make waves. Don't bring up anything about your client that the other side didn't.

Don't give the jury any ideas.

Lawyers just can't deal with a government smash and stomp campaign passively. While they raised interesting doubt questions, they didn't attack the government attack.

They should have at least left no doubt in the public's mind even if the jury was fixed. As it is, the questions raised did not have the basis to understand what went on just before and during Chandra's disappearance.

We can point it out here to a limited audience, but they had the national stage and now a lost opportunity.

No woman should feel safe now that the government will throw them under the hypothetical bus that took them to where their bodies were hidden.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving back to the computer...

To my knowledge and memory, one area of the case that was never covered was the Lexis Nexis issue as
relates to security.

The reason that I mention this is because it keeps nagging at me since I read about the sites that Chandra visited, Lexis Nexis being one.

She surely must have used her own password to get on to they system. That should have been voided right away when she was terminated. There could be a generic password available to employees at the BOP?

Regardless of the above, Lexis Nexis is tightly monitored.

Numerous companies that I worked for have used the service. They have a selection for the financial industry
as well as one for LE. I would imagine that the BOP would be using the in-depth LE links.

What comes to mind is an incident at my previous workplace. Someone had used the service to look up
Celebrities. Evidently the person wanted in-depth information on movie stars that would include their
addresses, phone numbers, relatives, assets and all credit info.

There was a meeting called at work with all staff present. Threats and promises were made of arrest and prosecution of the culprit after the issue was revealed.

Turns out that they knew all along who the culprit really was, they just wanted to take the opportunity to invoke fear into the 600+ employees who had access and ability to explore.

We learned that there was a double check or monitor on the system. One at the workplace and the second at Lexis-nexis. Evidently, if certain keywords are used, the red flag goes up. Additionally, we learned that the 'culprit' used her password from home. That is another means of security to monitor culprits.

So this person was caught out of the gate. There was no rumor of prosecution but she was fired on the spot. She was not present at the staff meeting or thereafter.

My point is- Lexis Nexis is secure for good reason. The information is sensitive. The LE information that Chandra had access to is all the more sensitive (than that of financial institutions) so I would have to believe that it would be more likely to be more closely watched.

Likely that all Senate and House members would be keywords that would signal an alert? Chandra was
perusing the files for Condit and his family according to accounts...

Could that be the reason for her computer being obliterated? More comes to mind but I sure don't want to start a range war on Sunday...
jane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skipper. That's an important point you bring up. Chandra would have been aware of the security and monitoring issues, so did she think she had figured out a way to circumvent monitoring? Was she just using it until they kicked her off, thinking she had nothing to lose? Some have speculated that Chandra actually was an operative for an intelligence agency, in which case authorization wouldn't be linked to her BoP position...
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane,

I believe it was Sven that referred to Chandra as a computer genius or something to that effect. Based on that and the fact that I know that people can use other IP's (other than their own) or cloak the source of the usage, it would not surprise me to learn that Chandra knew how to do that.

Still, it can be ascertained the true source of a cloaked IP. I'm sure that Lexis Nexis has the ability and the resources to do so. Even I can do it with a little work...

I have read the Mossad material as relates to Chandra. Skolnick was the primary source of the theory. Not what I had in mind here.

Rather, what I am saying is that there may have been something specific that Chandra was looking for as relates to the Condit family. Maybe something about Carolyn being in a hospital or facility ? After all, Gary Condit had told Chandra that his wife was terminally ill.

She was definitely obsessed with something that morning.

And you are right in saying that she may have had another source to connect with L-N. My guess is that L-N could find the user (location) regardless.

ls
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good point, skipper, and the situation you describe at a previous employer would happen in most situations. This is also true of looking up personal info in the company's own account records.

There is a lot of monitoring going on, and looking up personal info is an immediate firing for the grunt workers, as you pointed out.

There is no doubt that Chandra was using a government login for Lexis-Nexis from home after she was terminated. In fact, when someone probably anonymously put a bug in BOP's ear that Chandra had already graduated,

(which I find impossible to believe was unknown - Chandra was no longer attending classes, there were no longer forms to sign off on, and Chandra had changed supervisors from Dunne to Billingsley),

or put a bug in their ear that Chandra was harrassing Condit who arranged this cozy paid internship to start with, then they may very well have taken a look at Chandra's searches and saw that she was searching on Condit and used that to justify the termination.

Let there be no doubt. The Bureau of Prisons PR Office is lying and Chandra was terminated. We have documented thoroughly that it didn't "end on schedule" as Billingsley happy talked the press.

Did L-N have at that time a record of searches made? Sure, but did anyone ever ask? If they did, it is secret along with everything else about her apartment with no answer.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, we have an eleventh version of Condit's story that I didn't know about, given my reluctance to bottom feed in the Washington Post extraordinary efforts to clear Condit by having Chandra trot herself off to her dump spot in Rock Creek Park to be murdered at a place that neither she, Gaundique, or anyone on the jury were at.

I was reviewing the very recently revised Wikipedia article on Chandra and came across this gem:

Condit described her to police as a vegetarian who avoided drinking and smoking. He thought that Levy was going to return after her graduation and was surprised to find out that the lease on her apartment had ended.

Horwitz, Sari; Higham, Scott; Moreno, Sylvia (July 22, 2008). "Who Killed Chandra Levy?, Chapter Nine: Media Frenzy". The Washington Post

We've had a field day through the years pointing out all the lies and inconsistencies in Condit's stories, and quite frankly eleven is a rough count. I admit to losing versioning control some time ago. But this? Where to begin. Some Condit story excerpts:

- Chandra Levy had become "infatuated" with Condit last November and that Condit tried to end the relationship.

- When Condit delicately broke things off with Levy with the explanation that she was moving back to California, she was distraught, refusing to take no for an answer and even becoming obsessed with him.

- Condit said the 24-year-old intern became extremely distraught when he broke the news to her on April 29 that he was ending their "close friendship,". She refused to take no for an answer.

- Condit said Chandra made several calls to his paging service the next day, April 30, but he didn't return them. He said she was becoming too infatuated with him, and he tried to distance himself by telling her to go home - that there was nothing more he could do for her career.

- "Let's assume she was calling him to say goodbye, which we suspect was the case," Cotchett said on the Early Show. "You understand she was returning to California. Also . . . the congressman has come forward and said they were good friends, as he is with many interns."

- Condit told investigators in the interview following Zamsky's public statement that he "had a long-term sexual relationship with Chandra Levy". He told the police there was no break in their relationship and that he had a final, routine phone call with her on Sunday, April 29. Talk of a distraught Chandra who he told to go home and wouldn't return her calls had disappeared, just as she had.

- Condit's fourth grilling by police and the FBI failed to clear up a few lingering questions about his whereabouts on May 1. He was pressed for more details of his movements that day. Condit was sometimes stumped and couldn't remember specifics of his activities. Investigators aren't totally satisfied with Condit's alibi for May 1, including the fact that police last Thursday interviewed [Rebeca Cooper], a female ABC News reporter.

- The FBI didn't have anything to work with. Michael Isikoff of Newsweek quotes them: "The real issue is the body," says one law-enforcement source. "We have no clues. This case may not break until someday, somebody will be out walking in the woods or out fishing, and they'll find what we're looking for."

- Connie Chung of ABC News got the highly sought after interview. Barbara Olson, as Larry King described her, former prosecutor and best-selling author, eloquently tells what she was looking for in Condit breaking his silence:
"And if his talk tonight with Connie Chung, he says
-- we had a close friendship, and doesn't admit the
relationship, doesn't answer whether he loved her,
whether -- if he denies that indeed he told her he
would marry her, or that they would have children,
then we've got this picture of Chandra must have
been delusional. Anne Marie Smith is a liar and
someone after money, and I guess Joeleen McKay whom
he paid on his staff when he was having an affair
must also be delusional. It's not a pretty picture."

- RIVERA: Don't you think Gary Condit, were he under oath,
committed perjury?

Ms. WENDY MURPHY (Attorney/Former Prosecutor): Well,
Geraldo, how many times did he commit perjury is the
question, I mean, assuming he was under oath. That
was just pathetic. And it wasn't just that he lied
about both women that he had relationships with... I
think that he lied about so many things
, including,
you know, that Mrs. Levy was mistaken; that Chief
Ramsey was causing confusion.

I mean, it was always everybody else's fault and he
was telling the truth and this whole list of other
folks, with, really, no motive to lie--they were all
lying.

Ms. CANDICE DeLONG (Retired FBI Special Agent):
Well, shooting himself in the foot, I think, was all
the ducking and dodging on Connie's initial
questions about the affair, and then sh--reloading
and shooting himself in the head was when he called
these two women that he's known to have
relationships with liars. I think the Titanic took
longer to go down than Mr. Condit did as a result of
that interview.
One of the things that it
reminded me of, in my 20 years of--of interviewing--
working violent crimes and interviewing criminals--
what kept going through my head, as I was watching
Thursday night, was that this man seemed to be like
so many sociopaths I've interviewed. And what--and
what I mean by that, this is a clinical term, and
these are people that do not feel guilt, as normal
people do. They have an inability to empathize.
I
saw no empathy on--for the Levys. And then the next
day, he essentially said they were confused...

As a result of his performance Thursday and
subsequently on Friday, my level of suspicion regard
hi--regarding his involvement in Chandra's
disappearance is way up.

I thought he was acting like a man who
believes there's no way in the world she's going to
be found or walk into a police station and refute
anything he said. I found it interesting that he
volunteered to Connie, 'We never had a cross word.
We never ha'--he said it three times. Yet according
to the interview with Sven Jones, there certainly
was a lot of fighting going on there. He know--Gary
Condit, I thought, showed consciousness--in my
opinion, showed consciousness of guilt by the things
he said about Chandra. I thinks he--he knows she's
not going to show up....

Ms. MURPHY: And one of the things I think he said that I'd love
to have an answer to is what's with this train trip
thing? I mean, he said, basically, that he didn't
call Chandra after May 1st for about four days...

RIVERA: Oh, just absurd. Just absurd. That's just--
that's so lame. It's so lame.

Ms. MURPHY: ...no, he didn't call her and--but--
but--but, Geraldo, what's interesting...

RIVERA: He calls her on May 1st, and then he only
realizes on May 6th, when Dad calls, that he hasn't
heard from the woman he's been sleeping with two or
three times a week.

Ms. MURPHY: But I want to know what he said to the
police about that. What did he say to the police
about his awareness of what her travel trai--her--
her travel plans were? Because if he didn't tell
them he thought she was going to take a train, if he
didn't tell them he expected her to leave town on
May 1st, that's a very new, very compelling, very
self-serving statement.

- In April Geragos told Condit that Chandra would probably be found in May. Joyce Chiang had washed up out of the Potomac River in April, 1999, so it couldn't have been based on Joyce Chiang. Whatever it was based on, Geragos was right. Chandra was found just as he predicted.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Source of Prediction Reply with quote

So, where/who/how/why did Mr. G. receive that information from?
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a couple of interesting posts to one of Henri Cauvin's Washington Post updates on the trial, this one was on Sonenberg in her closing argument saying that Condit acted guilty.

As we posted here throughout the trial and after, there were aspects of Sonenberg's arguments that were quite innovative. On the other hand, they were merely suggestions which had zero impact on the jury. We've described in detail what needed to be drilled into the juror's heads, but it's antithetic to what lawyers practice I think.

When you're fighting a government juggernaut out to crush you, a little heresy is needed.

Anyway, wasn't done, I think Guandique got the best free legal representation he could get. Would have taken one of Condit's nine high priced defense lawyers to shake the government juggernaut tank treads loose. Or listen to us. Although we're not high priced. Or lawyers.

Still, we were right.

But I thought these two posts to the Washington Post were interesting, and we said the same thing here earlier.

He sounded so cold in the voice mail recordings, as if he really didn't care where she was. He didn't even call her by name when he started the message. I think they sound suspicious, especially when he speculated that she might be out of the country, as if to just get it in the recording that she was and could be gone for a while (but not because of him, of course).

I thought so, too. when i listened to those voice mail messages posted on the wapo website, it seemed like they were left to establish a time line, so that gary condit could appear nonchalant and knowing nothing of any foul play that might have taken place. his messages were very specific about day and time of day and it was like he was trying to distance himself from her somehow.

i found it very, very odd.

my money will always be on gary condit.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Retelling History: a Source Reply with quote

I read something that rd posted on one of the other guandique threads from Michael Isikoff, citing information he received from a law enforcement officer, regarding something to the effect that Chandra's body would be turning up in the woods or streams.

Quote:
- The FBI didn't have anything to work with. Michael Isikoff of Newsweek quotes them: "The real issue is the body," says one law-enforcement source. "We have no clues. This case may not break until someday, somebody will be out walking in the woods or out fishing, and they'll find what we're looking for."

I would sure like to know who his source was for that quotation. It seems like Mr. Geragos may have received the info he used in his speculations about who chandra's killer may have been and where/when/how Chandra's body was going to be discovered.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Retelling History: a Source Reply with quote

I read a quote by Newsweek's Michael Isikoff that rd posted on the "What went on in Chandra's apartment thread?", citing information he received from a law enforcement officer, regarding something to the effect that Chandra's body would be turning up in the woods or streams.

Quote:

So, according to the above-mentioned article the author of this piece of the re-told/enacted history was a member of the FBI. It seems like Mr. Geragos may have received this same information, which he used in his speculations about who Chandra's killer may have been and where/when/how Chandra's body was going to be discovered.

The FBI has been the source of misinformation throughout Chandra's disappearance and recovery. The D.C. Police were not the Keystone Cops the media was making them out to be. As I have said before, the various law enforcement agencies play "good cop, bad cop" with the public, when it comes to covering up a political murder.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Opinion of Those Closest to Investigation Reply with quote

The mystery of Chandra Levy continues after eight months
By Mark Sherman The Associated Press
Thursday December 27, 2001

The Berkeley Daily Planet

http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2001-12-27/article/9225

Billy Martin, the Levys’ Washington lawyer, said Levy most likely was the victim of a “well-planned kidnapping and removal.”

Had Levy been the victim of a random attack, Martin believes and police agree, her body probably would have been found by now. Police also probably would have found some physical evidence — blood, for instance — in or near her apartment.

“It’s highly unusual for no evidence of Chandra or her whereabouts to turn up, which leads us to conclude that Chandra has met with some professional or professionals who have removed every trace of her,” said Martin, a former federal prosecutor.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: The Scream--"911-call" Reply with quote

Free Republic
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/689627/posts

The Chandra Levy Chronology (Rev. #9)
Various newspapers | May 25, 2002 | NetValue

Posted on Saturday, May 25, 2002 7:18:37 PM by NetValue

May 1, 2001: (At 4:15 a.m., a neighbor heard screams outside Levy's apartment building and called 911 at 4:37 a.m. Police responded but found nothing. There is no reason to believe this is related to the case since police seem pretty certain Chandra was in her apartment using her computer later that morning.)

Was a recording of this call ever played in the news media?
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is still true, Rainbow. She was definitely kidnapped and removed, and very unlikely she was initially hidden in Rock Creek Park where she was found a year later.

There is no prosecutor or juror or reporter who could document attempting to re-enact what they claim Chandra did to end up in Rock Creek Park, and no one who looks into Chandra's last weeks and days who could believe that Chandra wasn't acting on the message she was looking for from Condit and took up jogging for first time in her life, on a jog no sane woman would make.

That no one has even attempted to come up with a re-enactment shows what a corrupt prosecution and jury and complicent Washington Post in brainwashing the juror pool we had in diverting attention away from a Congressman to an illegal immigrant.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: