www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What went on in Chandra's apartment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Male Attire? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if it might have been some piece of attire, may be belonging to a boyfriend.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a post about it that you did on the forum, Rd:

Quote:

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do not have what that receipt is for, Rainbow. It is a clothes store, but nothing about what item of clothing she may have purchased there was ever mentioned.

I looked it up just now:

Old Town Pendleton Shop
Region: Northern Virginia
Locality: Alexandria City

419 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

Fine fashions for men and women with specialty blankets and Native American accessories.

www.pendleton-usa.com

Could it have been the comforter found lying in the entranceway of her apartment? I am thinking that if Chandra were going on a trip to California by train, and especially straight to LA where if that was the case she would be sleeping over at a friend's prior to her graduation ceremony, a nice comforter to bring with her would be very probable for that.

The details, such as date and sale amount, would be helpful. Helpful details we're in short supply of.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Pendleton, cont'd. Reply with quote

Here is another one that I posted:

Quote:
Rainbow

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:30 pm Post subject: Documents of Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the link RD. I am not sure if the police or the media ever revealed what was purchased at the Pendleton store. I wonder if the WP reporters might know. Perhaps it was the bedding or something to wear like a shirt or a sweater. Or, it may even have been some kind of accessory. Do we know if any of the figures in this case customarily enjoyed wearing "Pendleton" brand clothing? Moreover, have any photographs come to light of the "central figures" in this case, out and about town, "going incognito"?

Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Shopping Trip Reply with quote

I wonder if law enforcement ever found a cassette tape and/or cd receipt in either of the apartments from a shop in Adams-Morgan?
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful if there was any scrap of paper in Condit's place much less a receipt Rainbow. I think it got a really good clean-up.

Re: the Pendleton store

http://www.pendleton-usa.com/custserv/locate_store.cmd?parentName=CustomerService

There are 5 stores within a 50 mile radius of DC. If Alexandria, then Chandra went with someone else because that is quite a hike from Dupont Circle.

Back on cl.com or WC.com there was discussion about that store and the purchase IIRC. Is that the store where Chandra signed the guest register?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Guest Book Reply with quote

Yes, I think I remember that, as well.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as travel goes, Chandra travelled by Metro subway. Same with Trader Joe's receipt from Bethesda.

Although I find it hard to believe, our discussion input from at least one DC area poster was that they would consider it normal for Chandra to purchase a ticket for every trip, thus no pass to be found or missing.

Although Chandra regularly traveled by Metro, it is just an insult to her that she went on some expedition without anything but the key to her apartment, and that's assumed.

Her regular key on a keychain with protection spray, and her building passcard, were still in her apartment.

How the DC jury can so blithely ignore what they should have recognized as not anything any of them would ever do is a direct insult to Chandra.

I don't know if Chandra would have been that stupid on the jury, but I hope not.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Transportation Verification Reply with quote

And, at the time of Chandra's disappearance, the police checked taxi logs and Metro-subway receipts and security tapes, I'm sure.

Moreover, the tracking dog evidence ended in front of her apartment or apartment building door.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow and rd. rd, you said that Chandra's key was in her apartment, but remember the info from the trial that said a building keycard was in her apartment and another key, but that no housekey (which I took to mean key for Chandra's apartment) was found.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/levy-trial-testimony-covers-ho.html

....Egan testified that investigators found jewelry and credit cards, as well as Levy's Sony laptop and Samsung phone -- indications, perhaps, that Levy had not gone very far or planned to do very much while she away. Egan said they did not find a house key....

The jury also heard from a D.C. Police evidence technician, who spoke about items recovered from Levy's apartment and in the park.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=2093753
    ....The items included Condit's business card, a key and a building key card....

rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Levys statement that the keyring with her pepper spray was still in her apartment is wromg?

Or that the key was not on the keyring, and no one thought this worth mentioning?

from chapter The Newport:
In addition to her new bracelet from Condit and her cherished signet ring from her mother inscribed with an intertwined 'CL', the police say her keys were missing, but intriguingly, her father says she left behind her regular key chain with pepper spray. [9] Bob Levy had always urged Chandra to carry pepper spray on her key chain, and she did. But not when she disappeared.

9. Levy, Robert and Susan and Billy Martin. Interview with Larry King. Larry
King Live. CNN. 30 Apr. 2002. Transcript.

KING: When you think about her leaving the apartment as she did, what goes through your mind? What would -- you know, you're her mother...

B. LEVY: Yes.

KING: ... what would cause her to leave a wallet and keys?

S. LEVY: Well, the worst-case scenario, I mean, it -- say he himself may not.

KING: But he sent someone.

S. LEVY: Could have, yes. Because I've been told that when she would go out,she was to not carry identification.

KING: He asked her not to carry identification.

S. LEVY: That's right.

KING: But not carrying keys and not carrying a -- would tell you that maybe she -- there's been the rumors like a motorcycle pulled up and she went down there. If you're going to get on a motorcycle, you're not going to carry anything because you have to hold onto the guy driving the motorcycle.

Is that part of your theory, thinking that someone said, "Hurry down, we've got to do something quickly," and she ran downstairs?

S. LEVY: It's possible.

B. LEVY: Yes, that could be.

S. LEVY: She's not one to always carrying big purses or anything like that,so...

B. LEVY: She didn't have her wallet even.

S. LEVY: Yes. So just makes you wonder if she...

KING: She also carried -- didn't she carry pepper spray and stuff maybe?

B. LEVY: Yes, had that on the key chain -- on the regular key chain.

S. LEVY: Yes.

B. LEVY: You know, it was left.

end quote

When did this change? The key was taken off her keychain?

The keychain was in her apartment, and the bracelet given to her by Condit wasn't.

Now the new regime says the key wasn't there, and the bracelet was.

How many times can an apartment be staged for the same crime?

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Re-staging Reply with quote

So, if the apartment "crime" scene is continually being "re-staged", why wouldn't the same go for the "recovery" crime site?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Chandra's apartment. . .

Someone as organized and responsible as Chandra would have had some kind of subway pass.

Also, there are security cameras in the subways. I have a friend who worked for a company that sold them (D.C. Metropolitan Transportation District) products to enhance the camera system's ability to capture images.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought, but we had one or two DC area posters that claimed that wasn't true for the Metro at that time.

Maybe it's easier to pay than to show a pass, I don't know. Now there are card passes they didn't have back then is my understanding.

In general there is not a Metro pass expected to be found or missing according to those who used the system.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going back many years, but when I lived in Toronto I traveled by subway and used to buy 5 tokens at a time - I don't think they had passes for purchase then.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: No-return Reply with quote

I think they still probably had multi day, week, month, annual (?) tickets. Also, where was the return-ticket and/or the money to buy one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: