www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Levy testifies against Guandique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow - good points

We certainly have no indication that the defense has those Anne Marie Smith tapes.

We also know the defense has complained more than once about the difficulty they have had gaining access to information and evidence.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you two things that are bothering me as I am searching on Chandra wearing a fanny pack or waist pouch, etc. They are unrelated.

One is the mention from Bob Levy long ago that Chandra's keys with pepper spray were found in her apartment. Numerous articles re-report the original police statement that only her keys were missing, along with a ring and a later statement that they couldn't find a bracelet she had showed her aunt.

That bothers me that Chandra would have a second key to her apartment without a key ring with pepper spray that she would specifically choose to take with her on this alleged journey into the unknown, a quick journey via Metro according to the clueless DC prosecutor Haines.

The other is that the email forwarded to her parents was specifically cited as sent at 10:45 am and received in Modesto at 7:45 am but in this FBI testimony it was stated the email was sent around midnight previous night.

I don't know that we know a second key was there to be missing, just must be because the door is locked I guess, and if it is why no one considers why Chandra would choose her key ring without protection pepper spray to go on this journey to Rock Creek Park and leave the key ring with pepper spray protection at home.

And how does such specific statements like exact time the email was sent and then received by her parents just vanish to be replaced with entirely different FBI testimony? Like no one even remembers what the DC police and FBI used to say about it?

It's like they don't even care if anything makes sense.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Tongue-Twisters! Reply with quote

. . . and the whole "bracelet" hide and seek game!

RD, do you think that Chandra even looked up Rock Creek Park, or do you think that info. was "re-constructed" in her computer?
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, she looked up Rock Creek Park, but in a very general way. All those searches on the computer that morning were centered on Condit, searches on him, Carolyn, Chad, Rock Creek Park, Baskin-Robbins, and go.France.

It's true that Carolyn was in town, for the first time in anyone's memory. I think it's indisputable that the information leaked by DC police about a record of a phone call between Condit's apartment and his house in Ceres is a fact. I think if it wasn't it would have been disputed by one of Condit's staffers instead of what happened, including a lawsuit against American Media (National Enquirer, etc.) that was settled without anyone pointing out that call didn't take place, just that no one can prove that it was a call between Chandra and Carolyn.

Given that Chandra had vowed to have a confrontation with Condit about leaving his "terminally ill" wife as he had promised, I woldn't doubt that Chandra made the call herself. Nor would I doubt that she answered the phone when she wasn't supposed to thinking it was Condit. I don't know, and therefore lawsuit enticing speculative territory to assume one or the other as the National Enquirer published.

But maybe it was a message from Carolyn saying, hey, Gar, I know I haven't been to Washington since you declared me terminally ill many years ago, but hey, I'm going to hop on a plane and fly in and we'll spend Sunday afternoon in your office down at the Capitol, then I'll attend a function I never thought to get a ticket for, why I want to attend now is for me to know and you to find out.

It could have been anything. Who knows? But all hell broke loose after that phone call.

So Chandra and Condit couldn't go to his apartment as usual. That he would mention Rock Creek Park as somewhere they could talk I would expect. It would be somewhere, a tryst, but not at the Tryst.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: RCP Reply with quote

I think the "Rock Creek Park" computer searches and/or the huge emphasis placed on them are/is "suspicious", as the park is well-known to law enforcement and others to be a secondary crime scene for victims.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: A Reason that Chandra's Dad Took the Stand Reply with quote

Keith Alexander, Washington Post
October 18, 2010

Quote:
MODESTO, CALIF. - The Levys had just finished a family vacation to Hershey, Pa. Robert Levy drove the rental car to Metro Center in the District, kissed his daughter, Chandra, on the head, said goodbye and headed to the airport with his wife.

It was the last time Robert and Susan Levy would ever see their only daughter. A week later, about May 1, 2001, Chandra went missing. Ever since, Robert Levy has been haunted by a feeling he had that evening, a feeling he didn't share with anyone.

"Something inside of me knew it was going to be the last time I ever saw her. I just wish I had done something. I wish I had said something," said Levy, sitting next to Susan in their ranch-style home in the Central Valley of Northern California.

The disclosure stunned his wife. "What? God damn it. I wish you had said something before now," she said.
http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20101018/NEWS/101018017/For-Chandra-Levy-s-family-trial-won-t-bring-an-end-to-grief
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Red Herring Reply with quote

I find it odd that the FBI did not call Mr. Levy back after he called them at the beginning of the disappearance. In addition, the witness I continually refer to had to make the FBI aware that they had Chandra's tatoo listed as being on the wrong leg/ankle. This was in a phone conversation that the witness had with FBI personnel in D.C., who asked the witness if he/she was reporting a "vision", when the witness was reporting an actual "sighting" that had been documented by Lawrence Kennedy, a D.C. homicide detective, Dwayne Stanton, a Levy investigator and more.

I, myself, helped a different branch of the FBI with a case in 2003--2004 and I, definitely, received a call right back and a lot more!

Weird.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know Bob Levy called the FBI. When did he do that, and where did he call? Joleen for example called the San Francisco FBI but the Levys were trying to get the DC police to look at Chandra's apartment, I imagine if they called anyone else it would also be in DC.

But they called their cogressman Condit locally at home (for more than one reason) and asked him to contact DC law enforcement to look for Chandra.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember recently seeing a video where Robert Levy said something along the lines that he thought it was unacceptable that you call the FBI on a Friday (I'm pretty sure he said "on a Friday") and get an answering machine. It may have been on the CNN video that aired a few weeks ago. (I'm uncertain of the timeframe of the Robert Levy footage and I can't find that section of the video on the Internet.)

I left out the "a" in "a Friday" - edited to add
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting. If that's true, he tried calling the FBI before calling Condit at home the next day.

And like Rainbow said, since when does the FBI not call back?

Someone was too busy finding and destroying Chandra's FBI application to call back.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's the Friday he meant (he said "a Friday"). (Well, I'm going by memory, which isn't always perfect!)
jane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIvUVCIBjik

About 3/4 in (4:50) Robert Levy says about the police "...they could have done better." Then he says, "The FBI of course, you know, I just couldn't believe you could call them up on a Friday and have a message machine."
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find, jane. thanks, I'll take a look.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Dr. Levy's "911" Call Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
I tried transferring this transcript of Robert Levy's "911" call to a word document and then copying an excerpt for all of you to read. However, I couldn't manage to do it, so here's a link to the document. Please make note of the date of the call and the information Dr. Levy provides regarding keys to his daughter's apartment, etc..

http://www.dccourts.gov/dccourts/docs/current/2009_CF1_9230/2010-10-04_GovernmentsMotionInLimine911.pdf
jane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rainbow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: