www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique trial goes to jury
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Guandique trial goes to jury Reply with quote

Reports this morning were it would go to jury this afternoon. I don't know how long closing arguments usually are but starting at 11 am I imagine prosecution before lunch and defense after lunch.

sigsky, I went by what was reported yesterday. I don't know what the discrepancy is, I would be interested to know. Like you, we are flying blind without transcripts.

It's a little ironic, but my hope for justice for Chandra isn't necessarily what the Levys want. They might be satisfied with a conviction, but I'm not when I know Chandra wasn't there jogging.

So they may never get an answer, but I think they know what the answer is. They heard enough details from Chandra before she disappeared, and talked to him enough after Chandra disappeared, to know.

rd

Background and analysis:

Handwritten note re cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest

Robert Levy testifies against Guandique

Guandique trial

Guandique pretrial motions

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!

Guandique Murder Analysis

Prosecutor seeks life sentence for Guandique

Guandique's Defense

Guandique indicted by DC federal grand jury

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09

Washington Post investigation of Chandra Levy cold case

Murder on a Horse Trail Chapter 24. Guandique

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=2120450
Judge granted prosecutors' request to allow jury to convict for 2nd degree murder if they don't want to convict for 1st degree
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC prosecutors just asked for and were granted jury to consider second degree murder charges against Guandique as well.

Still throwing stuff at the wall, and still hoping something sticks.

Still wouldn't know truth and justice if they tripped over it.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like that as having a choice like that can deflect from what jurors should be thinking about - is there reasonable doubt.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, typical slime job from these DC prosecutors.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kswt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13512382
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Michael Doyle on prosecution closing arguments, quote of prosecutor:

“She wasn’t meeting anybody,” Haines said. “Gary Condit’s wife was in town. She was alone.”

Condit's alibi, the pack of lies that they are, doesn't mention his wife that afternoon. He is unaccounted for for 5 1/2 hours after Chandra logged off her computer, although he claims "constituent meetings".

Well, guess what, Chandra was a constituent, and no other constituent, staffer, or anyone else saw him for those 5 1/2 hours.

The prosecutors also said Chandra may have had her mouth stuffed with leaves and mud and laid there for days before dying.

Still Guandique the stalker of someone who was never there in a place that you can't stalk. If you think you can, try it. These DC prosecutors obviously haven't.

The path is so narrow, the hill so steep, that no woman would go back there alone, no one could be there without blocking the path.

Just minor details that don't matter to these DC scumbags.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/levys-death-ghastly-us-attorne.html
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/11/16/2620572/final-arguments-in-chandra-levy.html
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/blogs/capital-land/defense-on-condit-he-does-things-like-a-guilty-man-108491509.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Conflict of Interest Reply with quote

Before the prosecution has the last word in this case, I would like to point out a major conflict-of-interest in the wrongful "persecution" of Guandique (Jane's phrase).

According to the potential witness from the original investigation that I have often cited, who was told in a phone call many years ago:

It was a former (Republican) Attorney-General, himself, who cautioned an attorney from Spokane to "drop the case".

What I would like to know is:

Who told the present U.S. attorneys to believe the words of a Mexican Mafia gang member over the opinions of a career D.C. homicide detective (involved in this case from the very beginning), who said that Guandique was completely eliminated as a suspect, as he had a watertight alibi, e.g. was in custody or somewhere where police were certain of his whereabouts at the real time of the crime?

I guess what we need is an investigation into the investigation!!!
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty intense, Rainbow. There's no doubt that the Justice Department blocked the investigation of Condit from the very beginning, US Attorneys from the same office trying to railroad Guandique blocked the search warrant the DC police sought when Condit's ex-executive assistant and live in mistress called the FBI and urged them to do so when she saw Condit in the news with a girlfriend intern missing.

There's no doubt in my mind that this attempt to railroad Guandique is politically motivated. For Democrats to come into office in January 2009 and in February the newly Democratically controlled Justice Department announces they found DNA on Chandra's clothing and say they are seeking to indict Guandique, that just doesn't happen with timing like that by coincidence.

Now I'm sure that most will think it's a coincidence, and we had some pretty spirited rebuttals to it when I first posted it, but after looking at this pathetic display of what the Justice Department has been doing the last two years to pursue this, I don't buy the gee he's bragging about it, we have to try it.

I do buy they trawled through prisons looking for anyone who would tell a story they wanted, "because it's the right thing to do", and yes they got some jim dandy stories and an affdavit that reads like a comic book, but that they came into office and were forced to deal with the braggart murderer of Chandra Levy, the merciless gang killer who kills the gang who helps him murder Chandra with unspeakable crimes, the idiot DC prosecutor still trotting that vision out even today, with the one cellmate confession inmate they could get onto a stand to testify saying that Guandique didn't even know he killed Chandra, he thought she was unconcious when he knocked her down.

Yeah, that's a merciless gangbanger murder if I ever heard of one. But no, this is a political hack job of the worst kind. For Condit, after all these years? No, of course not.

But they want to put this disappearance and murder of a Washington intern that had crept into the halls of Congress to rest really bad for some reason.

I would say the same reason they blocked the investigation of Condit to start with.

Certainly not a coordinated conspiracy, but politically motivated for some reason, even if just to put this to rest because it's uncomfortable for the people that sheltered Condit from investigation in 2001.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that Sonenberg was aware of the attempt to 'frame' Guandique back in 2004 & 2005:

http://wonkette.com/426748/new-chandra-levy-trial-hopes-to-frame-illegal-immigrant

In recent days, prosecutors further acknowledged that detectives in 2004 and 2005 wrote false pen-pal letters to Guandique in hopes he’d write back and implicate himself. Sonenberg charged Thursday that the “unethical” letters showed prosecutors feared their case “wasn’t sufficiently strong” at the time.

Read more at Wonkette: New Chandra Levy Trial Hopes To Frame Illegal Immigrant

ls
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, good point, skipper. Sonenberg I think nailed that aspect of it, no doubt.

Also, pointed out really well how Condit was involved in this throughout and won't answer questions.

I think Sonenberg showed more that reasonable doubt, she showed that the DC prosecutors are not "doing the right thing". It's plainly obvious, and the jury should determine that.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
yeah, good point, skipper. Sonenberg I think nailed that aspect of it, no doubt.

Also, pointed out really well how Condit was involved in this throughout and won't answer questions.

I think Sonenberg showed more that reasonable doubt, she showed that the DC prosecutors are not "doing the right thing". It's plainly obvious, and the jury should determine that.

rd

Found an article on that:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/blogs/capital-land/defense-on-condit-he-does-things-like-a-guilty-man-108491509.html

Defense on Condit: ‘He does things like a guilty man’

She is one sharp Attorney! Ingmar is very fortunate to have her on his Team!

ls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: