www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Levy testifies against Guandique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
Well, I'm pretty sure Santha isn't going to go easy on this guy.

yeah, I just checked your post at top of previous page and see that Santha only had five minutes of questioning before adjournment for Monday.

Good, I found these lies just in time. I'm pretty sure they're aware of it, possibly even before I saw it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is rich. The US Attorney's want to show that the DC police were incompetent EXCEPT for the handling of the recovery scene. The handling that missed a large leg bone, the recovery that had Ted Williams and Greta gasping with disbelief when they saw the scene?

This is just rich.

rd

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/chandra-levy/more-police-testimony-at-levy.html

(excerpt)

Under questioning by Assistant U.S. Attorney Amanda Haines, Allie talked extensively about the care taken in processing the crime scene over 27 days.

When he arrived, he found the scene "well preserved," Allie said, and he noted that "there was no trampling of the scene of any sort."

With the police investigation under scrutiny in the case, the detailed account appeared intended to counter the impression that scene or the investigation was fatally compromised.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this? From CNN's Eric Marrapodi:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/28/dc.levy.murder.trial/

"When he pointed, all I saw was an off-white-color object and I couldn't figure out what it was," he said. "I gently rolled the skull away from the creek and identified it as a skull." Bozak repeated several times that he did not disturb the crime scene.

end quote

Ummm, Bozak, you were 283 feet above the creek. What do mean, away from the creek? Is that special lingo for uphill versus downhill?

Hmmm, but a dilemma. What if you roll it sideways? Well, I guess Rock Creek does run down Beach Drive a half mile away in that direction, so away from the creek could work there too.

If you're referring to that slightly depressed washout below the tree it was laying in as a creek, I can't believe you're a park officer.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we're back to the t-shirt versus sweatshirt thing that has plagued us from the beginning. It's consistently being reported as t-shirt as in:

Washington Post
By Keith L. Alexander
October 28, 2010

Officers found an inside-out gray T-shirt that read "Southern California Trojans," referring to the University of Southern California, where Levy received her master's degree.

end quote

I did a quick count of shirts in news reports. 12 sweatshirts, 5 t-shirts, 1 "t-shirt which was originally reported as sweatshirt", and 2 gave up and just said shirt.

So he's holding it up. Is it a t-shirt or a sweatshirt? Her friends said she was always wearing the USC sweatshirt. It was originally called a sweatshirt.

Why is there so much confusion on this?

Also from same article:

Allie displayed for the jury a pair of black panties that were also found inside out.

end quote

In Washington Post series, panties were identified as Victoria Secrets panties unless I'm mixing my reading material. Are they suitable for cross country running, up hill and dale and horse trails and paths into the wilderness too narrow for horses?

Or are they frilly feminine stuff?

Since that would point toward Condit instead of Guandique, it's being carefully avoided by the government.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Henri Cauvin of Washington Post:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/evidence-questioned-in-levy-de.html

(excerpt)

In one exchange with Allie, Sonenberg asked about the black tights, which have been found to contain unknown male DNA. It is unclear when the DNA might have become affixed to the tights.

"Did you cough on them?" Sonenberg asked Allie.

"No," he replied.

"Did you shake your hair over them?" she asked.

"No," he said.

"Did you lick them?"

"No," he told Sonenberg.

The trial is scheduled to resume on Monday.

end quote

Sonenberg has them in a trap. If they go on about how professionally they handled the evidence as they are doing, then the DNA on the tights should be considered from the murderer and normally would be used to exonerate defendant.

They can't claim both how professionally they handled the evidence to convict Guandique and that they contaminated it to keep from clearing Guandique.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Post's Keith Alexander reports:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/26/AR2010102606945.html

"I was suspicious" of Condit, Levy testified. "He was the primary suspect. But everybody cleared him." Levy also said he had learned that his daughter had planned to move in with Condit. He called Condit a "villain."

end quote

The DC police told Levy they cleared Condit, but as I analyze in chapter Alibi there was no clearance whatsoever.

To be honest with you, no investigation other than searching for blood in his condo more than two months later. I mean, that's just stupidity. His wife was in town and he couldn't very well bring her to his condo that day anyway.

But no, no one cleared Condit. They just gave up trying to get his cooperation to clear him.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this:

Robert Levy, father of Chandra Levy, testifies at Guandique trial
October 26, 2010 - 02:37 PM
By Sarah Larimer (Twitter @slarimer)

Chandra Levy led a very private life, her father said. Robert Levy said she enjoyed exercising and, under questioning, he said she could also be described as careful and cautious.

When asked if she could be considered a very safe person, Robert Levy responded: "Well, yeah. Except this time."

end quote

It's unbelievable the extremes everyone is going to to place Chandra in Rock Creek Park to be murdered, as if she's so freaking stupid she would run for miles through DC onto horse trails high up into a forest and cross country into wilderness that even horses don't go on when she didn't even run on a freaking treadmill!!!

With no cell phone, no protection, nothing but presumably the key to her apartment, except that wasn't even found.

Yeah, except this time. Because her body was found a year later hidden there in that wilderness.

Sheesh, the stupidity. I could scream.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the underwear - I think womena are very varied as to what they find comfortable. I couldn't believe the heroine in Crocodile Dundee was wearing a thong while hiking through the Outback, but some younger women claim they're very comfortable.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Who is Really the Big Bad Wolf, Here? Reply with quote

May be Chandra would have dressed up as "Little Red Riding Hood" for Halloween, the way she is portrayed by the "jogger" conspiracy group.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would have us believe that.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Section of Rock Creek Park - picture it like a W Reply with quote

This is an interesting description that Matthew Barakat of AP uses:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/11/04/state/n113758D57.DTL&type=science

Her remains were found in a park ravine off a jogging trail in 2002.

end quote

According to Wikipedia, a ravine is a type of canyon, larger than a gully, smaller than a valley. Technically, it is correct, in that her remains were on a side of the steep Broad Branch Creek ravine almost valley that is wide enough at the bottom for the creek and Broad Branch Road.

However, few readers will read it that way. They will envision a ravine running down the side of the hill in which she was found.

There were gullies running down the side of the hill that way, one on each side of her remains. Below her remains was an impenetrable section down the remainder of the hill to Broad Branch Creek and road.

But her remains were on the side of the hill, between the gullies and above an impenetrable patch of steep rocks and brush, not found higher up. Very well protected from foot traffic to say the least.

To put it another way, saying her remains were found high up on the side of the Broad Branch Road canyon would be understandable to readers. Found in a ravine would not be intepreted as the same thing at all.

The other interesting description is off a jogging trail. This is an egregious error, as it is the DC police and prosecutors contention and basis for the case against Guandique. Yet it is completely false and without merit.

It is egregious for the press to describe something which is completely false and without merit as fact.

There are five grades of trails and three grades of roads involved here in a half mile stretch as the crow flies. Picture it as a W.

The right side of the W is Beach Drive at the Broad Branch Road area. Rock Creek runs along its right. A beautiful serene paved running path runs along between the creek and Beach Drive. Beach Drive is a major road and the paved running path is heavily trafficed as well.

If you were to continue above that side of the W for a couple or three miles, you would be in the area of Guandique's apartment building. If you were to continue down below that side of the W on down Beach Drive and past Pierce Mill, you would be in the general area of park headquarters Klingle Mansion out of sight high up on a hill.

Back to looking at the W, running along the left edge the right side of the W, Beach Drive, is a different grade of running path. It is a wide, dirt running trail running along the bottom of a huge hill. Lets say the the inner peak of the W is the top of the huge hill. The white space between the inner peak of the W and the right side of the W is the side of the huge hill. It is about a half mile and takes quite awhile to walk down it.

It is that wide dirt running trail somewhat hidden from Beach Drive by bushes where the Guandique assaults took place. This is a large creek valley and the bottom is fairly wide and level. There are rises of course and the dirt path goes up and down somewhat but in general these are what are referred to as jogging trails, paved on the right side of Beach Drive along Rock Creek and a well maintained wide dirt trail on the left side running along the bottom of the hill.

Now we come to a second grade of road. It is the left side of the W, Broad Branch Road. It is a two lane road, very curvy, running along Broad Branch Creek, flowing down the left side, across the bottom of the W, and into Rock Creek over to the right side of the W.

Unlike Beach Drive and Rock Creek, Broad Branch Road runnning along the much smaller Broad Branch Creek has no sides along the road. There are no walking or running paths, no room whatsoever. Not even much of a berm. It is to take your life in your hands to walk along it. I open Murder on a Horse Trail describing it.

The white space in the left side of the W between the left side and the inner peak is the other side of the steep hill from Beach Drive and is where Chandra was found. To get from Beach Drive over to the hillside above Broad Branch you either have to make a half mile trek hundreds of feet above Beach Drive and down the other side, or walk from Beach Drive around Broad Branch, unwalkable and certainly not runnable, and then a short distance up the left side of the W turn and start climbing up the hill. That is doable for someone in good shape but not carrying a body. There are places where you go pretty straight up rock, not rock climbing, but straight up with treacherous footing.

The right inner peak of the W is a third grade of road and trail. The road is Ridge Road, or also called Glover Road somewhere along the line. The right bottom of the W, where the right side and right inner peak meet at the bottom, and where the left side of the W also comes around the bottom to meet at Rock Creek, is the corner of Beach Drive and Broad Branch Road. From that corner, just several yards in from the corner, Ridge Road starts climbing up the hill. The hill is so steep that the road twists back and forth in S's, switchbacks. It is a very narrow park road, often with only enough width along the ridge for the road, with hillsides dropping off both sides.

It is at the top of the hill that Ridge Road levels off, still very narrow with steep hillsides dropping off both sides, that we find Grove 18 picnic table on the left and grove 17 picnic tables on the right. The grove 17 picnic tables are literally on the side of the hill, slanted steeply.

Running along the left side of Ridge Road in the trees is a third grade of trail, Western Ridge Horse Trail. There are no joggers on this trail. To run on it is serious cross country running. It is a very narrow, unmaintained dirt trail, platformed every few feet with a wooden beam and gravel to be able to climb the hill. It is what it says, a horse trail, where horses are ridden, although when I was there horses were ridden out on Ridge Road. It is a horse trail but sort of an adventure to even take horses on it. It drops precipitously down the left side as you climb it.

Now we get to the inner peak of the W, ground zero so to speak. This is grove 18 and grove 17 on the sides of Ridge Road. Western Ridge Horse Trail branches at this point and a branch drops down toward Beach Drive past the grove 17 picnic tables, descending the way it climbs along Ridge Road, winding and platformed with wooden beams and gravel to support it. I took this branch down to Beach Drive to see what Guandique would have to do to climb up here. It took me quite awhile to get down there. The horse trail has to switchback as it goes down like Ridge Road does coming up the side from Broad Branch and Beach Drive intersection.

It is at that inner peak of the W at grove 18 that we have a fourth grade of trail, the No Horses path out above Chandra's remains. This is not even a horse trail. It is a very narrow dirt path, slanted downhill as you walk, no beam or gravel support, roots sticking out, simply carved out around a peak for the purpose of an excursion walk into the forest, around a peak that Ridge Road detours around, and back to Ridge Road on the other side of the peak to grove 16 picnic table.

It is extremely dark and silent back in there, even on a bright, sunny day. There are no bushes, flowers, or anything one pictures of walking in woods, only an unbroken canopy of tree tops high above. You can see aerial photographs of this at the bottom of chapter Horse Trail and see how Ridge Road swings around this peak of this huge hill. Where Ridge Road swings out to the right around the peak, the No Horses walking path swings out to the left around the peak, then circles around and meets Ridge Road at grove 16 as it swings back in.

As you look down at the peak and grove 18 on Ridge Road, it is only several yards out the narrow dark walking path, walking as in you literally couldn't jog back in there, it'd be more cross country even than the horse trail it branched off of, but several yards in at just the right spot you could turn and start descending downhill.

Not far enough in and you would descend outside of one of the flanking gullies, a little too far and you descend on the outside of the other flanking gully, flanking in the sense that these gullies are ten to twelve feet deep and wide, and you have to climb down in and back up the other side to cross them. They are a natural deterrence for anything but a determined crossing, as I did when I saw the orange flag as I describe in chapter Horse Trail.

You cannot get to it from below, so there is only a fairly narrow portion of path above to drop down and leave, or find, the remains. Not to say people didn't drop down the hillside and leave stuff, just that to find that particular spot requires starting down at the right place above on the path. It is either entirely coincidental or a very well chosen spot for getting out of a car at grove 18, out a few yards on the narrow path, then drop down the side of the hill about midway, hide the body below a tree in a shallow washout, perhaps with some leaves covering, then right back up and drive away.

There is a fifth grade of trail, and that is the left inner peak of the W. Roughly, that is a foot trail from the No Horses path above down to Broad Branch Road. I describe it as a barely discernable wear and tear foot path. You can tell people have passed through but there is no path. This meanders down to Broad Branch, at times getting very steep as I describe in trying to get up from Broad Branch, and ends at the intersection of Grant Road with Broad Branch Road. At that point a person is a half mile to a mile from Beach Drive and no place to walk. You can get there, but traffic is flying by you at a high rate of speed on curves.

So if you look at the inner peak of the W, high up there is the narrow fourth grade level path branching off the Western Ridge Horse Trail that has a sign that says No Horses. It doesn't go anywhere, it loops around a peak from grove 18 on Ridge Road back to Ridge Road at grove 16.

It is forbidding, dark and silent, and footing very uneven. The side of the hill down to Broad Branch Creek over 500 feet below (238 feet to Chandra's remains, 283 feet on further down to Broad Branch Road and creek) drops very steeply.

On your right side the hill continues to climb to a peak which you can't see through the trees. There are no bushes, no level place, no place to stop, and no one there.

It is neither a place Chandra was walking, nor a place Guandique was waiting. It is simply a dark remote place to hide a body.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your description, rd.

The courtroom is being used for training (I have no idea what that is) on Monday and Tuesday (according to one of the blogs or articles - I'll look it up, if anyone asks), so the trial won't resume until Wednesday. This should give the defense time to plan some serious strategy.

I hope they ask for a jury field trip to the remains recovery site. Even if some jurors aren't spry enough to get right to the site, that in itself would be very instructive.

I think the prosecution might likely object and the judge refuse such a trip, but, again, that would not reflect well on his fairness or the solidness of the prosecution's case - might lend jury/public sympathy to the defense side.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree, I can't believe a jury is going to decide on a murder verdict without having any idea where this is supposed to have taken place.

There hasn't been any indications that anyone involved in the trial cares. It is amazing to me.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is up to the defense to recognize the importance and do something about it. However, I do believe the jury can request a field trip themselves - let's hope! The open air would be a nice change from nodding off in the courtroom!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuedos, everybody! Great work! As far as the tights go, could the DNA on them be from someone who was involved in relocating the remains? How can the Bode expert infer that the DNA found on the leggings was from an evidence handler, when the DNA of the person affiliated with the leggings IS NOT in the database?

To me, the Bode expert's testimony leads credence to the Jim Robinson theories. And by the way, has Guandique's defense team received the tapes Jim and Anne-Marie Smith made with FBI investigators as discovery? If they haven't, then a mistrial should be called.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: