www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handwritten note re cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Handwritten note re cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest Reply with quote

You know what I find odd about the handwritten note on cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest? While we at this site found it jaw-dropping, it is barely mentioned among the articles covering the trial. It is here http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/77101/20101029/chandra-levy-murder-trial-day-3-and-4-testimonies-on-cuts-scratches-a-fat-lip-and-a-skull.htm and here http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/blogs/capital-land/police-questioned-about-evidence-from-park-levy-apartment-105873488.html but not mentioned, I think, by Michael Doyle nor by the Washington Post.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, jane. I will want to see everything that is written about it because it, along with the computer being "obliterated" while they were getting a search warrant, is mind boggling to attempt to explain.

And for that reason, this is Luray territory. No one would talk about Condit making a midnight phone call from a phone booth near Luray Caves, Virginia, and this is similar territory. It is National Enquirer territory, even though it's real.

Editors are scared to death of National Enquirer territory. They fear ridicule and being exposed to political pressure and in the case of Condit in Luray, lawsuits.

Information must be suppressed when it is inconvenient, just like some women.

rd

Guandique trial

Washington Post investigation of Chandra Levy cold case

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention the National Enquirer - I was just reflecting on how much I miss them.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine they will be jumping into this feet first. This is rich territory. They don't even have to make anything up to get one of their typical stories.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonenberg questioned evidence technician Egan about the note and also about a black bag found in Rock Creek Park July 25, 2001. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/blogs/capital-land/police-questioned-about-evidence-from-park-levy-apartment-105873488.html
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the note: It tends to take Guandique out of the picture. I can see the Washington Post ignoring it, since it seems to be their mandate to exonerate Condit. But I am surprised at Doyle, who has always seemed rather objective, ignoring the note. And the black bag. If Guandique's being tried in the press, he's cooked, man.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Rules of Evidence Reply with quote

It has become extremely clear that the D.C. police, FBI, and Levy investigators(?) have not turned all of their evidence over to the defense. Does anyone know what the rules are regarding evidence that potentially exonerates a defendant?
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely supposed to be given to the defense from anything I've ever heard or read on the subject.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Potential Diagnosis Reply with quote

So, I assume the crack in Chandra's skull is possible evidence that Chandra could have had a cerebral hemorrhage, leading to possible cardiac arrest or what do you all think that note meant?
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arden originally thought, and Wecht, Baden and Lee also thought, the crack in the skull was post mortem. There was no sign of discolouration due to bleeding, which they would expect if it occurred before death. I believe Wecht would have carried out testing for more certainty, however, which he never had an opportunity to do.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an excerpt from Wecht's book "Tales from the Morgue":
    ....The skull was darkened on the left side, showing that her head had been lying on that side with the right side in an upright, exposed position. The right side of the face was cracked. Without microscopic examination, it appeared to be postmortem, since we could not see any discoloration or bleeding at the location of the crack....

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/02/1905100_p2/levy-defendant-wrote-about-dead.html
Hunt (the Smithsonian witness recently heard from) also noted "he was able to determine that Levy had apparently undergone a rhinoplasty procedure to correct a deviated septum..."
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Physical Description Reply with quote

It's interesting how the witness from the original investigation, whom I have mentioned several times in postings, reported to D.C. police, FBI, Levy investigators, etc., in reports from 2001--onwards, that the Chandra figure in the Adams-Morgan sighting resembled photo(s) of Chandra, but with hair-dye and a nose-job.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hair dye and nose job was before she got to DC. I had wondered at the difference in the much sharper nose in her high school glamour shot and the picture with Condit, but attributed it to angle, so to speak. I see now that she had a nose job.

I would think witness who is that plugged into the facts as you indicate would be comparing to photo of Chandra with Condit, which was the second most prominent photo of her in those days, isolated out of the group shot with Condit and Baker.

In any event, if he had said he saw Chandra doing cartwheels in Rock Creek Park on May 1 he'd be a DC darling and on the stand right now. But he didn't, and he's not.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think about this thread. There are countless innocent explanations of the handwritten note and I am unable to come up with a scenario that ties it to Chandra's disappearance and death. Similarly, is there any reason to suspect the black bag found in RCP has anything to do with Chandra? I can't see either Chandra or Guandique toting it around. If it came from a party that dumped Chandra's body, I can't see any reason it would have been left there. With no more information I can see why there has been little focus on these items. They just don't lead anywhere. I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither helps the prosecution, so I guess they are somewhat helpful to the defense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: