www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amber Dubois, 14, disappears in front of Escondido, CA High
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trigger wrote:
RD I wanted to come here as soon as I found out she had been found. Its a sad day. Im crying. She was a beautiful, loving young girl who didn't deserved this. I was at work and felt the need to see if there was any news and I was...wait..body found?? It can't be. Even though we all knew she was gone it was hard. After work I had to drive my hour long ride.. I was devastated. That was of course Saturday night. Its Tuesday night now and all this while she was in heaven with the angels. Her poor famly. So sad.
Im curious what you think of how they found her. Pretty remote area. If they checked his cell phone pings it still would not show the exact location. Did JAG lead them to the area I wonder. If he was a mechanic he could have access to customers cars but I wonder if hes the one? I guess we will find out one day. Again RD thank you for all your posts on this.

It is a sad day, trigger. I nearly cried months ago when I read about Amber going to school early that morning to buy a lamb to raise, and her life of innocence brutally taken from her that day.

And then finally she's found. From the Los Angeles Times:
Dubois's remains were discovered by police Saturday in rugged terrain in northern San Diego County. Dubois disappeared in February 2009 on her way to Escondido High School.

Gardner has not cooperated with the investigations and police have not publicly said why they consider him a suspect in the 14-year-old girl's death, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

and this from Fox News:
Police have not revealed how they learned the location of Amber's remains, saying it was part of the ongoing investigation. Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, also declined to say what led authorities to the remains.

I have to believe that with the police not mentioning a tip leading them to the body, and pointedly stating that Gardner is not cooperating, it looks to me like they have been trying to determine Gardner's movements from records as soon as they took him into custody.

My thoughts are that some combination of his cell phone records (including any pings that the cell phone company still had on record) and purchases such as gas, convenience stores, etc. pointed them to this area as a place he was familiar with, and they started intensively searching it to find Amber.

The location described as a "mountainous area of dense shrubs and rocks" doesn't sound like a location someone could describe how to get to very well. And I certainly don't believe Gardner had an accomplice who could lead police there.

However it was they found the location of Amber's remains, it was based on info about Gardner and will be part of the evidence against him, so we'll find out the details when they try him.

This is the end of the story of a young girl's life that should have been the beginning of a story for Amber. It is sad. We let that young girl down, and so many other youngsters like Chelsea, their story came to a brutal end before they had a chance to write their own.

How many more young girls have to end the same way before we do something about it? When a sex predator abducts a young girl from outside a high school, it's time we wake up and do something about it.

I will be adding a post to my Track offenders with GPS recorders! thread. It sounds like people are starting to wake up. But it was too late for Amber and Chelsea. Thanks for helping people understand that, trigger.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths:
IMO "admitting" = pleading guilty
I haven't read/heard anything in which anyone says he told them directly that he did what he was charged with doing.

To be clear, according to the psychiatrist he wouldn't take responsibility for it. It was all a misunderstanding, he was too affectionate, etc.

Pleading to deals is not same as admitting, taking responsibility, showing remorse, etc., all which he did not do, which is why psychiatrist rightly labelled him as continued high risk to young girls.

As for finding Amber's remains, I suspect that as soon as Gardner was arrested, all phone (including any cell tower pings still on hand) and financial records (purchases at convenience stores, etc.) were subpeonaed and areas that he was familiar with could be determined. Police pointedly stated that Gardner was not cooperating and terminology was lead, not tip, IIRC, which is consistent with internally developed evidence.

Also wording I saw was that police found the body. It would be extremely unusual for police to have been given a tip and someone led them to the body and not have any terminology in reports that hinted of it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths:
The more interesting part of the interview was the fact the Gardner took his friends to secluded spots and was known for finding them. The point there was that perhaps someone remembered a recent spot and mentioned it to the police or any of your scenarios will work too. Any one of these things could have been a lead.

For the record, imo I think the lead came from something that was developed after he was linked to the King murder. perhaps it was something new and perhaps it was something old that had not been followed up on until gardner's name surfaced.

Pleading guilty to a lesser sentence (plea deal) which Gardner did is admitting guilt only in a technical sense to the court.

More importantly, he did not admit guilt or show any remorse to the psychiatrist or anyone evaluting him. He in fact did not indicate any guilt at all.

Although the hiding places he showed a friend is interesting (and bizarre?), I don't think all indications of a tip from public and police being led to a spot where they found Amber would be completely worded in a way to disguise that any of that happened, which would be the case if that did happen.

And yes, I was saying as soon as he was arrested for Chelsea's murder, all his existing phone and finance records would have been subpenoeaed, so that any leads developed from that such as identifying areas to search for Amber is all based on linking him to Chelsea's murder.

But basically I agree with everything you've stated, I was responding to the admitting = guilty, or as I would put it, admitting <> guilty.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sex Offender Gets Life in Prison (Amber Dubois,Chelsea King)
http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4329
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: