www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Susan Powell-Missing-Utah-12/6/09 Case File
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Susan Powell-Missing-Utah-12/6/09 Case File Reply with quote

This story just sounds like bull to me, husband leaves the wife and takes the kids goes out in zero weather camping. He comes home and she is gone without her cell phone and keys...Very strange and LE probably will be taking a hard look at him.

Another woman who leaves the house without her KEYS, PURSE and CELLPHONE.. So happy her dad is pushing this.

Fair Use
Father of Missing Utah Mom Pleads for Her Safe Return
Monday, December 14, 2009
Fox News/ Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580166,00.html?test=latestnews

Snip

The father of a missing Utah woman pleaded for her safe return on Monday, calling the circumstances surrounding her disappearance odd and stating that his daughter may have been taken out of the state.

Susan Powell, 28, the mother of two young children, was reported missing Dec. 6 from a Salt Lake City suburb in a case that police have called suspicious.

• Click here for video.

"There's no way that my daughter would leave her children or leave her home under the circumstances that they found — leaving her purse and cell phone and keys behind," Powell's father, Chuck Cox, said Monday in an interview with Fox News.

"Given the oddness of the disappearance and that no one seems to have any idea where she may be, I believe it's possible she may have been taken out of state or out of the area," he said.

"If she were able to contact us, she would," he added.

Utah police are planning a second interview with husband Josh Powell, who previously told police he left his wife and took his boys, ages 2 and 4, on a camping trip around midnight Dec. 6 in subfreezing temperatures. Police said he told them that they slept in a van and returned home Tuesday evening.

Snip

click link for story

Quote:
"It's still a missing-person case. We don't have any information or fact to move it from that classification," McLachlan said. "But it is very suspicious to us, given the circumstances."
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: CNN Reply with quote

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/12/13/family-and-friends-of-missing-woman-speak-out/

Gabriel Falcon
AC360° Writer
CNN

Snip

The father of a missing Utah woman does not want to speculate on what may have happened to his daughter. He just has a message for her. “We love you,” Charles Cox said, “and we are going to keep searching until we find you.”

Susan Powell, 28, disappeared from her suburban Salt Lake City home under what many consider to be mysterious circumstances exactly one week ago. Her husband, Joshua Powell, said he last saw his wife shortly after midnight Sunday as he was preparing to take the couple’s four and one-year-old sons on a camping trip in a freezing remote area of the state, police and family members said.

His wife was not in the house when he returned with the children on Tuesday, investigators said Mr. Powell told them.

The West Valley City Police Department continue to classify the investigation as a missing persons case. They have also labeled it suspicious.

Police have already questioned Mr. Powell but intend on talking to him again, West Valley Police Captain Tom McLachlan told CNN. “We hope that it will occur sometime soon,” he said. “We had discussed that with him and he stated he would come in for another interview.”

McLachlan said police have been unable to confirm Mr. Powell’s account of exactly where he took the children camping. “We went to the area he send he went to and checked for fire tracks, use of a fire pit, or anything else,” he said. “Everything is snow covered. We were not able to verify…it’s a little difficult if you can’t physically verify a location that he says he may have gone to.” Mr. Powell could not be reached for comment.

Mr. Cox, who flew to Utah from his home in Washington State Friday night, told CNN.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read, and I think it is in the other articles that the Police plan to interview Susan's husband again this week. I don't like his story at all.

Quote:
Police said they haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the site: Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert.

Wishing we would get some news soon but she has been gone since the 6th of Dec. I hate to see another woman missing.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz, I don't know where to begin with this silent ex. If a wonderful woman wasn't missing and her children crying for her, it would be entertaining to see which scumbag silent ex this guy was imitating most. The list is long.

But she is, and they are, and this is one of the most pathetic silent ex stories we've seen yet, so we may as well just skip to the end of this well known story and hope that Susan can rest in peace, wherever her remains are, knowing that she will forever hold a cherished spot in her children's and loved one's hearts as long as they live.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/everything you stated. He is a peice of garbage RD. What a story he is telling.

He didn't show for the 2nd interview and has lawyered up already.

LE Found a wet spot in the house when they went to investigate and he wasn't the one who reported her missing. He is a major scum and I don't know who we can compare him to yet. He is just like all the rest of the ex's we see but has a shabby story as we have stated.

Stinks all the way around.

Next link below.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing woman's husband is a no-show at 2nd police interview

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9029772
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The father is in denial and who can blame him. If he admits his son in law may have killed his daughter, he has to come to terms so early that she is gone. This is so sad on the families.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9038562

Fair Use
KSL 5
Missing woman's dad doubts son-in-law hurt her
December 15th, 2009 @ 7:53am

Snip

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- The father of a 28-year-old woman who went missing more than a week ago says he doesn't think his son-in-law would do anything to hurt his daughter and understands why he felt the need to hire an attorney.

Charles Cox tells CBS's "The Early Show" that the last time he spoke to his daughter, he asked her if things were OK between her and her husband and she said everything was fine.

Snip

Quote:
He tells ABC's "Good Morning America" that he's holding out hope his daughter will be found.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: From Greta- Transcript Reply with quote

Transcript

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580241,00.html

Fair News
What Happened to Susan Powell?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Fox News

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record," December 14, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: There is breaking news in Utah. Just days before Christmas, a young mother of two, Susan Powell, is missing. And the mystery is deepening, and the search to find her is on.

Here is what we know. Sunday night, December 6th, just after midnight, Susan's husband Joshua says he sees his 28-year-old wife for the last time. He says Susan went to sleep and he took the couple's two young boys on a late night camping trip.

The next day, Monday, December 7th, Susan fails to arrive at her job as a stock broker for Wells Fargo. Her family reports are missing.

Police go to Susan and Joshua's home, they pound on the door, and there is no answer. Fearing the entire family may be dead from carbon monoxide poisoning, they break down the door, and the house is empty except for two fans reportedly blowing with a wet spot on the carpet.

That evening, 5:00 p.m., Joshua shows up at the home with their two boys, no Susan. Since then, no sigh of Susan. Police say Joshua is not a suspect in the case. He says he loves and misses his wife.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOSHUA POWELL, HUSBAND OF MISSING UTAH MOM: We just miss her and we want her back. And I and my boys love her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How are they doing?

JOSHUA POWELL: They're doing OK.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you have any idea what happened to her?

JOSHUA POWELL: No,

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VAN SUSTEREN: Does Susan's father suspect his son-in-law?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHARLES COX, FATHER OF MISSING UTAH MOM: The police have to look at all aspects of this. The investigation has to be all-encompassing, or we are doing a disservice to getting my daughter home. And we do not have all of the facts yet, so I will not speculate on his involvement.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VAN SUSTEREN: So what is the latest? Joining us is the latest Arikka Von, reporter for KTSU. Arikka, what is the latest in the search for this young mother?

ARIKKA VON, KTSU: Greta, there actually isn't much of a boots on the ground search for her. Last Thursday police scoured the west desert of Utah. That was pretty much the only search for her out in that area. They have no more directions to look for her other than that one spot, and they found nothing.

VAN SUSTEREN: How old are the children?

VON: Just two and four years old, so a lot of family and friends are saying it is really strange that Joshua, the husband, would take them out with extremely cold temperatures, that he would take them that far out in the desert and leave so late at night to take them on a camping trip. So they are just two and four years old.

There other new thing today is that we have learned Joshua Powell has retained a rather well-known attorney here in Salt Lake City, Scott Williams. He mostly defends murder suspects. He is also very well-known for defending Wanda Barzee, the accomplice in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping case.

So he is a well-known defense attorney here in Salt Lake City, and he is now speaking with Joshua Powell.

VAN SUSTEREN: What did Joshua do? Was he expected at work on Monday?

VON: He was expected at work on Monday, as well. The children did not show up to daycare, so family immediately called knowing that something was very wrong. Everyone has said that Susan was extremely responsible and nothing like that would ever happen without something being wrong.

So as you said, the police went to the house and broke in fearing that they were sick, and there was no one. But Josh showed up later that evening with the two boys and no sign of Susan anywhere.

VAN SUSTEREN: What does he do for a living?

VON: I am not sure. He has been very tight-lipped. As you have seen in the interview, he is always trying to walk away, and it is difficult to get much information out of him. He did speak out over the weekend through a brother-in-law, though.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, Arikka, we will get back to you in the next few days and we continue to follow this story. Thank you, Arikka.

Joining us by phone is Susan's close friends, Kiirsi Hallewell. Kiirsi, naturally in every single case like this with a woman or a wife missing or a man or husband for that matter, is the focus is on the family. So do you know, what was the relationship like between this husband and wife?

KIIRSI HALLEWELL, FRIEND OF MISSING MOM, (Via Telephone): They have had their problems in the past, and some of them were somewhat more severe than some of the other couples I have known. But I also know that -- I am sorry. Go ahead?

VAN SUSTEREN: I am sorry. I interrupted you.

HALLEWELL: But they both told me in the past couple of months that things are getting much better.

VAN SUSTEREN: When was the last time you saw your friend?

HALLEWELL: December 6.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did she say there was anything unusual going on at that time?

HALLEWELL: Absolutely not. Everything was completely normal. As far as I knew, she was just going to home and relax and then get up to go to work the next day.

VAN SUSTEREN: What does Josh do for a living?

HALLEWELL: He is a computer programmer right now.

VAN SUSTEREN: And during the time you say they had severe problems -- I don't mean to focus all my attention on him, but naturally, things do look peculiar. When you say that things were severe, was there ever any kind of violence?

HALLEWELL: There was never any physical violence of any kind.

VAN SUSTEREN: What do you think has happened? Would she walk away from these two kids?

HALLEWELL: No, she would never leave. She would never leave the children. She would never leave knowing that she was causing hundreds of people to suffering with worrying about where she is.

VAN SUSTEREN: Any chance she has a boyfriend, or anyone who is stalking her?

HALLEWELL: No on the boyfriend. I do not know of any stalkers. No, she was very committed to her marriage.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you seen or talked to Josh since she disappeared?

HALLEWELL: Yes, we've seen him pretty much every day.

VAN SUSTEREN: Has he said anything to you that has caught your attention?

HALLEWELL: He sounds really confused, speaking dispiritedly, not like his normal self. He is normally quick to offer his opinion and talk a lot. And he is very sad. He is crying a lot. He seems kind of lost.

VAN SUSTEREN: A lot of stress, obviously, no doubt, a very tragic situation as they look for Susan. Kiirsi, thank you.

HALLEWELL: You're welcome.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from AP article:
It was at that same church on Dec. 5 that the last known pictures of Susan Powell were taken. The couple and their children attended a Christmas breakfast, where one picture shows a smiling Josh Powell with a camera hanging around his neck, talking with his children while his wife stands a few feet away reaching for food.

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he and the family, and yes he has the picture," Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture, wrote in a message to The Associated Press.

Call me cynical, but had anyone seen Powell bring a camera to a church breakfast before, hanging around his neck, taking pictures of his family and asking for more pictures taken of the family with him in them?

Because unless that was his practice, that's about an obvious an attempt at documenting no reason to make your wife disappear as I have ever seen, especially when she disappears the next day.

Of course if that was his practice, everyone would have seen him do this before. When was the last time he did it?

Somebody please tell me that was his common practice carrying a camera around his neck at church gatherings getting pictures with his family so I won't become too cynical.

rd

hmmmm.... you can reassemble this link if desperate. Maybe better just Google:
Attorney: Missing Utah mom's husband met with cops
By BROCK VERGAKIS and JENNIFER DOBNER, Associated Press Writers
December 15, 2009

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091216/ap_on_re_us + /us_missing_mom_utah;_ylt=AicbBydibvZN3HgfWu2lu8Ws0NUE; + _ylu=X3oDMTNuNG9lYm5wBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMjE2L3VzX21pc3Npbmd + fbW9tX3V0YWgEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM0BHBvcwMxBHB0A + 2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDYXR0b3JuZXltaXNz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD

Quote:
Call me cynical, but had anyone seen Powell bring a camera to a church breakfast before, hanging around his neck, taking pictures of his family and asking for more pictures taken of the family with him in them?

Because unless that was his practice, that's about an obvious an attempt at documenting no reason to make your wife disappear as I have ever seen, especially when she disappears the next day.

Of course if that was his practice, everyone would have seen him do this before. When was the last time he did it?

I have never seen this done RD, but you are as jaded and cynical as me. We become this way after watching these cases unfold after so long. It is like we know what is going to happen next, what has passed, and what the sob did to the victim.

He was probably trying to look like the perfect husband, documenting his time with his family for the FUTURE..Showing the world what a great loving guy he is....HUM...

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the link something the BTK put together or what? What is going on with these new links???? I guess they don't want this one copied...

Laughing.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/12/16/husband-of-missing-utah-woman-provides-dna-sample/

Hubby provided a DNA sample and answered a couple questions with his mouthpeice present....

Wonder what will happen next???

Haven't read anything about the searches yet for the body but I feel he isn't too bright, (if he did it) and we will find her relatively quickly.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Person of Interest Reply with quote

He is now considersed a POI

This is a case where we may see it wrap up quickly at least in regards to an arrest. This would be nice, for once.

Fair Use
Missing Utah Mom's Husband A 'Person of Interest', Police Say
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Fox News/Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580337,00.html

click for story

Snip

SALT LAKE CITY — Joshua Powell, whose wife disappeared from their West Valley City, Utah, home more than a week ago, is considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, said Assistant Police Chief Craig Black.

"We've been interested in what Josh has had to say all along," said Black.

Black said that detectives have met twice with Josh Powell. "He submitted to a search warrant and provided a DNA sample."

"I wouldn't characterize him (Joshua) as being cooperative."

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Josh's unusual lack of cooperation for a husband looking for his wife with the police department, you know, it certainly causes us to ask questions as to why would he do things to exclude the resources that we can bring to the table to find Susan."

Sounds so familiar I could throw up..... Scott, Hans and many of the other ex's. Tired of this and it seems to happen more during the Holiday Season.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6773638.html

Police treating missing Utah mom as criminal case
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd, I know you think they won' t find her but I think they will find the body soon. That is just my gut feeling on this case. I don't know why I feel this way. I know you think he planned this carefully but I think he rushed through the events of the planning stages.

We shall see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: