www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condit sues Dunne for Slander - Newsday 12/16/02
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he had already mentioned Chandra and Condit a couple of months earlier. :)

rd

from www.nydailynews.com (fair use)

Dominick's Dunne it again, Condit says in defame suit
BY THOMAS ZAMBITO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
November 15, 2006

Famed writer Dominick Dunne can't stop blabbing about Gary Condit, the ex-California congressman who was forced to fend off claims that he withheld information from authorities about the slaying of Washington intern Chandra Levy.

For the second time in four years, Condit sued Dunne for defamation in Manhattan Federal Court, claiming the Vanity Fair correspondent caused him to suffer "public hatred, contempt and ridicule" as a result of comments Dunne made on CNN's "Larry King Live" on Nov. 16, 2005.

Eight months after publicly apologizing to Condit, Dunne told the show's fill-in host Bob Costas: "I think [Condit] knows more about what did happen than he has ever said."

Condit's asking for more than $75,000 in compensatory damages and unspecified punitive damages. The new lawsuit cites the CNN interview and also quotes Dunne as saying that Condit "knew that Levy was going to be killed."

Condit and Dunne settled the first $11 million defamation suit in March 2005 for an unspecified amount of money and an admission by Dunne that he did not intend to imply that Condit was "complicit in [Levy's] disappearance."

Levy's remains were found in a Washington park in May 2002. Her killer has not been found. Condit has said he and Levy were friends.

After leaving Congress in 2003, Condit moved to Arizona, where for a time he and his family were reportedly running a Baskin-Robbins ice cream store.

© 2006 Daily News
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: The Man from Maryland Reply with quote

Was the "man from Maryland" ever identified in any news reports?
New Leads In Chandra Levy Murder Case
Joe Orlando August 30, 2004, 8:49 PM PDT MODESTO -- "I'm shocked and surprised."
That's the reaction of most Modesto residents we talked with about the new information in the Chandra Levy murder case.
For much of the nation, the former intern has faded from memory in the two years since her body was found in a Washington D.C. park.
But people in Modesto will never forget the case.
Fox News in New York has learned recent tips to law enforcement caused the FBI to revisit several old leads.
We're told agents have been re-interviewing people questioned earlier, showing them photos of a Maryland man who has done work for the Defense Department.
Sources tell Fox News that man had a reputation of throwing parties attended by several members of Congress.
We're told Vince Flammini, former limo driver for retired congressman Gary Condit, is one of those recently questioned. But he reportedly told FBI agents he didn't know the Maryland man.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the alleged "man from Maryland" was never identified, and was never intended to be.

This was the previous attempt by the government before this Guandique thing to trash Chandra and rehabilitate Condit and the Washington politicians who protected him.

In this scenario, the FBI, in addition to throwing away Chandra's application to join the FBI, make Chandra out to be a Washington party girl who may have "inadvertantly" been introduced to a decadent Department of Defense contractor orgy scene by Condit, with implications of everything from had to be silenced because she knew too much to debauchery of unspeakable proportions.

Of course, Condit is an innocent in all this, just doing his duty as a powerful Congressman on the Intelligence Committee while some pesky intern pokes her nose around until she disappears.

Why Chandra would want to join such a bunch of charlatans as the FBI is beyond me. They have demonstrated nothing but despicable incompetence in Chandra's case.

And yet light years more competent than the DC police.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: The Man from Maryland Reply with quote

Hi RD and friends!
I found the following post by fallout on the Astrology/Pschic thread. I think I had heard or read something about the photo resembling "Chip Dent", as well. Does anyone have any information about this person?
http://www.washingtonlife.com/directories/photos/?letter=C&name=Chip-Dent
Condit
Here is the post:
The information in these quotes was touched on by Rita Crosby and in the discussions we've had here. Quote:
Two FBI agents on a hush-hush mission have been showing photos of a "person of interest" to people who knew Chandra and asking if they ever saw the man - about 50 years old with medium-length brown hair - with Condit.
"At first, I thought it was this guy in Sacramento that Gary knew, but it wasn't," says Flammini. "The man in the photo was kind of slim and looked a little bit like actor Tommy Lee Jones with a bulbous nose.
"I said I'd never seen him with Gary. But even though I didn't know him, the FBI made it clear that there was new information they were following in the case."
If you believe some of the report above:
That rules out all of Condit's staff except for the mysterious Randy Groves.
It rules out Sven Jones.
It rules out Tony Coelho who is in his sixties but does have a bulbous nose.
It rules out the Health Club Manager.
It rules out Ingmar.
The way I read the statement it appears that the police showed Flammini a picture of Condit with the Suspect. If its that picture of Chip Dent he would somewhat fit the bill although I don't think he looks like Tommy Lee Jones.
What's next?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Why the FBI? Reply with quote

Hi again!
RE: the FBI's role in this case

The way that the FBI appears to be handling this case is odd, indeed. Besides the fact that the two documents you mentioned are unaccounted for, I find it strange that there has been an appearance that prospective witnesses changed their stories after conversations with members of the FBI, e.g., the complete turn-around in the key-maker's story, the retraction of the pastor's story, the profile of Chandra Levy's killer which seemed to draw on a "staged" crime scene, etc. It seems to me like the agency is trying to protect its ways and means of intelligence gathering or some ancillary people connected to or doing business with the U.S. or even foreign governments, who might find themselves on the fringes of an investigation of this nature.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the retractions and strange twists the FBI has been involved in, OC Thomas is the most unbelievable, as far as a retraction goes.

I personally believe it is impossible to do what he did with everyone who talked to him and have been lying the whole time. It is inconcievable to make up a story out of the clear blue sky talking to Susan Levy that complex and with that many details and hold it together for six weeks in interview after interview with reporters, the FBI, and Chandra's family, with not one thing able to be confirmed as a lie and expose him. Just not possible.

He even added to it through those weeks with new events, such as what his daughter said and threatening phone calls.

I guarantee it's not possible. It'd be hard even if it was well thought out and rehearsed by a practiced conman, instead of a minister who had never been known to lie by anyone.

And yet the FBI says he backed out of his story. The Levys say nothing about it. OC Thomas never heard from again. Everyone acts like it had nothing to do with Chandra disappearing, like it never happened.

Is that what people want, to not know anything about the real Chandra, to believe the FBI that Chandra was a Washington party girl in secret orgies, or believe the DC police that Chandra was a suicidal obsessive compulsive that Condit told them about, who disappeared the day she first took up jogging, because she was either so suicidal or so crazy she just ran on horse trails in a forest until she disappeared?

I know that's what the FBI and DC police want people to think. But I also know they couldn't answer any questions about it for six weeks like OC Thomas did.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Holmes, I presume! Reply with quote

Hi RD!
Some really good "thought-work" on your part! In your opinion, what would be the FBI's motive in allowing and/or supporting the development of possible "red herrings" in this "story" (if this is indeed what has been going on)?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominick Dunne died today. Lots of people will miss his work on crime. I feel we were a help here on www.justiceforchandra.com when Condit sued him.

Whether he needed our encouragement or not, he called Condit's bluff and Condit "settled" when forced into discovery under oath. He has always done that, we knew it and encouraged Dunne to call his bluff, and he did.

He didn't contact me directly, but I know he was one of the early purchasers of Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy, and I hope that and the help from our site gave him and his lawyers plenty of help in backing up his right to his rather mild statements about Condit's activities and behavior.

May Dominick rest in peace. He's earned some rest.

rd

Crime story author Dominick Dunne, 83, dies in NYC
By POLLY ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer
Yahoo news!
August 26, 2009

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_dominick_dunne
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did some great work in the area of crime.

May he Rest in Peace.

He will be missed.

Goz
jane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy Grace gave kind of a eulogy for Mr. Dunne on her show last night - very moving.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: His Work Reply with quote

I loved his "Vanity Fair" articles and his show, "Power, Privelege and Justice".
I believe that he was a friend of the attorney-friend of mine that I mentioned in the Chris and Rihanna thread. They both got acquainted during the original Simpson trial, if I remember correctly.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice writeup from Michael Doyle in McClatchy Newspapers on Dunne's final book, "Too Much Money".

He refers to events through this novel. The figures and institutions he's referencing are not hard to figure out.

Should be interesting reading for all Dominick Dunne fans.

rd

Dunne's final book reveals secrets about Condit lawsuit
By Michael Doyle | McClatchy Newspapers
December 15, 2009

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/staff/michael_doyle/story/80695.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: