www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phil Spector Guilty of killing Lana Clarkson (case file)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: story Reply with quote

Fair Use
CNN News
April 13, 2009
Phil Spector found guilty of actress' 2003 murder

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/13/phil.spector.verdict/index.html

Click link for full story

Snip

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A jury has found music legend Phil Spector guilty of second-degree murder in the 2003 shooting death of an actress at his home in Alahambra, California.

The jury returned the verdict in a Los Angeles courtroom shortly after 5 p.m. ET on Monday.

The six men and six women began their deliberations on March 26. They deliberated for about 30 hours.

Jurors had to decide whether Spector, 69 was guilty of second-degree murder or a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Spector, 69, was charged in the death of Lana Clarkson, 40, who was found dead, slumped in a chair in the foyer of Spector's home with a gunshot wound through the roof of her mouth.

SNIP

Quote:
In closing arguments at the retrial, prosecutor Truc Do called Spector "a very dangerous man" who "has a history of playing Russian roulette with women -- six women. Lana just happened to be the sixth."

She pointed out that Clarkson bought new shoes on the day she died -- something a suicidal woman would not do.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: The Wheel of Misfortune Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
I'm glad that common-sense prevailed in the verdict. I find it strange; however, that Phil's music is so harmonious, in contrast to his life. He said he was manic-depressive. I wonder, if there have been any personality profiles done, which give insight into people who play Russian roulette.
Here's an excerpt from an article by Tony Palmer, music and film documentarian, broadcast journalist, etc., for Times, UK, regarding some of the famous musical artists he had included in a television documentary he directed called "All You Need is Love".

Quote:
PHIL SPECTOR

“Turn up at 7pm sharp,” said the voice ominously. Having nervously passed through a chained fence (electrified?), past snarling guard dogs and gun-toting security (and this is Hollywood?), we were frisked and allowed to enter the vast mansion of Phillip Spector. He kept us waiting for five hours, but was polite, even charming, wearing an absurd frizzy wig and somehow dazzled by the lights we had put up to interview him. It was disconcerting to be told: “You know, my father blew his brains out in front of me when I was a child. Don’t you think that would have affected my music
Quote:
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder too Rainbow. He is for sure a genius, but also a madman. Heard he was off his meds and drinking. I still think he didn't mean to kill poor Lana but did what he always did----- waved guns around and got out of control. He did this with people he made music with too and held their music hostage. Shame he appeared to suffer from two personalities. His wife Ronnie knew the worst of him, he kept her prisoner.

I think the man was brilliant but lost like many like him. Possibly too smart for his own good. Also noted, human like us all.

Probably many profiles have been done on him that won't be released as they could have been done by his own attys.

Good day
Goz

Justice for Lana at least and may she RIP. Also, at least one rich man finally got his due.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Take No Prisoners! Reply with quote

Wonderful sentiments for Lana and an eloquent quasi-epitaph for Phil, Goz! My question is, though, "Why in the world is someone with manic-depression allowed to have access to guns?"
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Time Magazine Reply with quote

Article from time

2 min bio.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1891

hit link for rest
SNIP
Quotes By:

• "She kissed the gun. I have no idea why — I never knew her, never even saw her before that night. I have no idea who she was or what her agenda was ... There is no case. She killed herself."
— on the murder of Lana Clarkson. He went on to refer to the Los Angeles D.A.'s case as "Anatomy of a Frame-Up" (Esquire, July, 2003)

• "I think I killed somebody."
— as overheard by Spector's driver, the night of Clarkson's murder. (New York Times, Sept. 27, 2007)

• "The actions of the Hitler-like district attorney, and his storm-trooping henchmen, to seek an indictment against me, and censor all means of getting my evidence and the truth out, are reprehensible, unconscionable, and despicable."
— in September 2004, after a grand jury indicted him for murder (Dateline NBC, Sept. 12, 2007)

• "Since I'm one of those people who are not happy unless they are not happy, it's comforting to know that mental health doesn't always mean being happy. If it did, nobody would qualify."
— when asked "What I've Learned" (Esquire, May 22, 1999

• "I'd do a Dylan opera with him. I'd produce him. You see, he's never been produced. He's always gone into the studio on the strength of his lyrics ... There is no reason why Dylan can't be recorded in a very certain way and a very beautiful way where you can just sit back and say 'wow' about everything — not just him and the song — just everything."
— on wanting to work with Bob Dylan (Rolling Stone, Nov. 1, 1969)

• "The whole thing about Kennedy scared them very, very much. They really thought it would be possible for somebody to be there and want to kill them, because they were just very shocked. The assassination really dented them tremendously — their image of America."
— on accompanying the Beatles on their first trip to America (Rolling Stone, Nov. 1, 1969)

• "I would say I'm probably relatively insane, to an extent."
— in 2003, in an interview published in the London Daily Telegraph shortly before Lana Clarkson was murdered (MTV.com, Feb. 3, 2006)

SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Anderson Coopers Blog- Phil's New Home Reply with quote

Fair Use
AC 360
April 14, 2009
Phil Spector’s new digs

SNIP

Meet Inmate #1873015. Better known as Phil Spector, the eccentric genius who produced hit records is now a convicted killer, found guilty of murdering Lana Clarkson in his downtown L.A. mansion.

Moments after the verdict, the 69-year-old Spector was handcuffed, booked, and transferred to the Twin Towers Correctional Facility, an institution that caters to hardened criminals and the criminally insane.

Here’s the official description from the sheriff’s web site:

“The Twin Towers Correctional Facility is a unique complex built on 10 acres of land with buildings that contain just under 1.5 million square feet. Twin Towers consists of two towers, a medical services building, and the Los Angeles County Medical Center Jail Ward. The towers, which have been constructed using an efficient Panoptic design, to house maximum-security inmates and a large portion of the county’s mental health inmates. The Medical Services Building provides inpatient housing for inmates with various levels of acute medical and mental health needs. Inmates requiring extended levels of health care service are transported to the Los Angeles County Medical Center.”

Spector, who favored loud suits, platform shoes, and bushy wigs, was processed according to his vitals. Phillip Spector was born on 12/26/39. He has brown hair, hazel eyes, weighs 140 lbs., and is about 5 feet tall.

His next court date is on May 29th at 8:30 am. Spector could spend decades in prison when sentenced. Until then, the celebrity turned convict can see visitors on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, provided they have valid identification. He can also receive mail, but there are restrictions - for instance, glitter is forbidden.

SNIP

One other interesting note. Phil Spector’s official web site is still up and running.

Quote:
It’s all Impressive. But incomplete, for nowhere does it mention anything about murder.

Click link for whole article

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/14/phil-spectors-new-digs/
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Twin-Tower Power Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
I love the part about the glitter!
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Phil Chat time Reply with quote

Rainbow Says:

Quote:
Hi Goz!
I love the part about the glitter!

That made me crack up too. You know, the man is smart, what a shame he had to fall to his demons.

NO GLITTER ...HA HA.....NO PLATFORMS PROBABLY EITHER...NO WIGS!!

Spector
Quote:
"Since I'm one of those people who are not happy unless they are not happy, it's comforting to know that mental health doesn't always mean being happy. If it did, nobody would qualify."
— when asked "What I've Learned" (Esquire, May 22, 1999
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Article w/ mugshot Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g93Q_UR0CRpFh-FS-4UbHXxI-dvAD97I4FIO0

Spectors Mug Shot and some other interesting notes.

Fair Use
CNN News
LA jury convicts Phil Spector in murder of actress
By LINDA DEUTSCH – 5 days ago

SNIP

Six years after Clarkson was found dead in the foyer of Spector's mansion, the diminutive 69-year-old now finds himself in a Los Angeles jail cell after he was convicted on Monday. His sentencing is scheduled for May 29 where he faces at least 18 years to life in prison barring a successful appeal.

Spector, wearing one of his signature suits with a long black coat, red tie and red handkerchief, had no obvious reaction. His 28-year-old wife, Rachelle, sobbed as the verdict was announced. Spector was led out of the courtroom by sheriff's deputies and remanded to jail immediately.

"He took it very stoically," defense attorney Doron Weinberg said later. "He wanted to know what is next."

The jury forewoman, who spoke later, also wept.

SNIP

SNIP
"The family is pleased that the jury rejected distortions of Lana Clarkson's life," said attorney John Taylor.

Prosecutors, haunted by the acquittals of stars such as O.J. Simpson, Robert Blake and Michael Jackson, at first seemed invested in making Spector the first showbiz star to be convicted in a major criminal case. But after the first trial ended in a deadlock, public interest faded. The second six-month trial was played out in a sparsely populated courtroom with few members of the media present.

SNIP

Click link for more
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Sentence Reply with quote

Phil was sentenced to 19 years to life in prison on Friday.

He got 15 years to life for 2nd degree murder plus 4 years for personal
use of a gun.

Phil also was ordered to pay $25,000.00 in funeral expenses, ( a drop in the bucket for him) and other expenses not mentioned.

This case is finally DONE DONE.......

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Mug Shot Reply with quote

Phil's new pic

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/10/california.spector.mug.shot/index.html

I have to admit I would have went for the wig too.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Poor Phil- wants to be moved to a better prison Reply with quote

Poor Phil wants to be moved to a better prison. He fears for his life. I think of poor Lana who probably didn't even have a chance to blink an eye when he shot her. He can stay where he is and suffer.

Fair Use
Phil Spector's Letters Prompt Prison Investigation
KTLA News
4:13 AM PDT, August 21, 2009

Note: Link won't work

Snip

LOS ANGELES -- Convicted murderer Phil Spector is speaking out about his prison experience and now the California Department of Corrections is launching an investigation into his safety.

The 69-year-old music producer said in a letter released Wednesday that he fears for his safety at Corcoran State Prison and wants to be moved to "a better prison" -- far away from cult leader Charles Manson and RFK assassin Sirhan Sirhan.

Spector wrote the letter to his friend Steve Escobar, a musician and journalist.

In it, he said he is working with his attorneys "to get a better prison with people more like myself in it during the appeal process instead of all these lowlife scumbags, gangsters and Manson types.... They'd kill you here for a 39-cent bag of soup!"

Snip

You do the crime, hey Phil, you do the time!!

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil got his wish and will be moved to another prison. It appears that money can TALK.

He will be moved this week to Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga.

It's not hard to be Phil - when he talks or should i say, his money talks, things happen.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: