www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brittanee Drexel NY- 4/26/09-Myrtle Beach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the usual we see in missing person cases.

Remember how many sightings of Ray Gricer there were?

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you'd think there aren't a lot of similar looking people when a missing person shows up in the news. Fortunately, everyone who looks similar isn't reported as a missing person sighting.

The whole premise of a missing person sighting is goofy to start with.

Concerning Brittanee, this is a bunch of crap:

Officers on Friday were searching in Charleston County for 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. Last week, investigators searched Georgetown County, where Drexel's cell phone last gave off a signal. It also gave off a signal in Charleston County.

This was something the police wanted to keep secret? At least until people exhausted themselves searching rivers around Georgetown, about halfway between Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

Would "also gave off a signal" be before or after? If after, there's going to be one heck of a lot of ticked off people.

If before, what does that mean? That an abductor drove Brittanee all the way to Charleston and then back halfway to Geargetown early Sunday morning? Isn't there any record of pinging on this journey?

Why would the police just now be coming up with this factoid? I take it they must have wanted to keep it secret but with the search of Georgetown at a dead end they had to divulge it.

I don't know, too cutesy in my opinion. Typical.

and I'm picking this up on Google from Terre Haute, Indiana?

rd

Coastal SC county combed for NY teen
May 16, 2009
Posted by Emma Orn
WTHItv.com

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/new_york/Coastal_SC_county_combed_for_NY_teen_20090516_2419155
fallout

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard of this in the local media and saw it here first. I remember going down to D.C. in July 2001 and seeing several young women who looked like Chandra. After seeing the pictures I got off a subway at 125th st. last week and saw a blonde young woman who looked like Britanee. After a more careful look from the subway platform I was satisfied it was not her.

We had a case last year of a young teacher who disappeared and then was found a week later after jumping into the river. All the usual speculation and then it turned out she was severely depressed and had been wandering around the city.

As far as I know the teacher is ok now. I hope the same for Brittanee.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Case has died in the media Reply with quote

No news is not good news. This story has died in the media. No coverage out there. I am afarid we all know the outcome.

Bumping for the young girl to keep her on our forum.

Anyone with any recent news please post.

Goz
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Over the weekend, Drexel pointed the finger at the friends who were with Brittanee. She thinks they know what happened to her daughter. Myrtle Beach Police say they have questioned all of the people that were with Brittanee. News 10NBC is told none of them have been cleared, nor have they been charged.

Quote:

Drexel says she has no evidence of wrong doing and is basing her theory on the way these people have behaved since Brittanee’s disappearance.

She says not one of them has called or offered to help in any way, not even to express their sorrow.

Quote:
Reporter Lynette Adams spoke with Lippa by phone, she refused to talk with us. Another man interviewed by police - Anthony Schimizzi – also refused an interview. The 22-year-old said he's only going to talk with the police and has since moved from the Rochester area.

So one of the friends has already moved out of Rochester? Something doesn't seem right.

Source: http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S979203.shtml?cat=565

I see a problem already. The police report has Peter Brozowitz as "Peter Broswick". Is there a chance perhaps he gave them an incorrect spelling of his last name on purpose? Here is a copy of the police report: http://www.whec.com/whecimages/drexel_report.pdf

He is also the only one on there without an age. That probably means they did not see his ID at time of report.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: 7 minute video Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested in watching this video from Fox News, I found it on the net.

Geraldo: Missing girl's friend hiding vital info?

Seven minute video:
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html...aldo/index.html

IF you do view it, let us know what they have found out.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Fundraiser on the 26th Reply with quote

This information is just of interest of what has been done for this missing young woman. Hopefully, some good came from this fundraiser and the searches will continue. Maybe the PI will gather some new information/evidence if he has the $ to pursue this case.

Goz

Fundraiser at Dome for Brittanee Drexel Foundation
13WHAM-TV
June 26, 2009

(Henrietta, N.Y.) - A fundraiser to benefit the Brittanee Drexel Foundation was held at the Dome Arena in Henrietta on Friday.

Events like the fundraiser help fund the family’s continued search.

Fridays event featured a battle of the bands and some celebrity appearances.

click to read rest
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Fundraiser-at-Dome-for-Brittanee-Drexel-Foundation/5ga54Nr_Q02dQNmvCswKrw.cspx
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Search This Weekend Reply with quote

It's about time somebody starts again to look for this young lady. She has been missing for quite sometime. Let us hope there may still be some evidence to help locate her.

Fair Use
Searchers to Comb South Carolina for Missing New York Teen This Weekend
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568082,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

Click link for story

Snip

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Searchers are planning to comb parts of two South Carolina counties this weekend for a New York teen missing for six months.

The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that people on horseback and all-terrain vehicles are also using dogs to search parts of Georgetown and Charleston counties Saturday and Sunday for signs of Brittanee Drexel.

Snip

Snip

This weekend's search is not the first for clues in Drexel's disappearance. Officials and volunteers spent more than a week earlier this year searching the area where the teen's cell phone last sent a signal but did not find her.

Snip
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rochester's www.13wham.com is reporting that a couple camping on the North Santee River in Georgetown County south of Myrtle Beach found a pair of sunglasses that look like the ones Brittanee was wearing when she disappeared.

The last signal from her cell phone was in that area, the sunglasses were in the woods and happened upon when they were gathering wood.

This looks like the abductor took her down US 17 through Georgetown and on down past Santee River, which is on way to Charleston. I have no idea what the ping in Charleston business meant.

The murderer who did this is still running loose.

rd

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Sunglasses-Found-Possible-Link-to-Brittanee-Drexel/sl4b2Fw_FkGN_IIjF27oVg.cspx
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.

Maybe this will lead to something. We can only pray they find her and catch the monster who took her.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from websleuths, Matt in Charleston, SC is working on Brittanee's case.

Question since you live in Charleston. Have you or anyone made sense of the cell phone ping that was reported to have been recorded in Charleston but "last" ping recorded in Georgetown area? As if abductor drove from MB to Charleston and then back up to Georgetown by 2:30 or so when last ping was recorded?

Or was reporting of ping in Charleston erroneous/bad reporting when ping never was actually south of Georgetown?

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
To the best of my knowledge:

Only 1 cell phone "ping" was received following Brittanee's disappearance. The cell phone tower which recevied this ping is located on the Georgetown - Chatrleston county line. The actualy city of Charleston is about 40 miles south of this.

The approximation of the strength of a cell phone tower such as this is like 7 miles.

I've also been wondering if somehow this "ping" was reported incorrectly. I have not been able to find any data regarding "errata" in cell phone records such as this.

Thanks for that info, Matt. That would be my thinking, there would be little time to drive on to Charleston and then back up to a remote Georgetown area bridge / off road to dispose of poor Brittanee's body.

But that's often the level of inaccuracy we get in news articles.

With people attempting to call Brittanee, and only one ping during that time, that indicates to me a murderer sophisticated enough to turn off the cell phone after the abduction. I suspect it's a deliberately misleading ruse to turn it on and then throw it in the water to throw searchers off from where he actually left her body.

Still, it's the only thing anyone has, maybe the sunglasses are hers though.

Wish the best for you and other searchers for Brittanee.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on websleuths, Matt wrote:
Here's something else I have been pondering...

Does anyone see a possible connection here? Who was the first person who said "human trafficking" ? Where did they come up with that possibility? From a reporter's point of view, it is a "buzz word" that grabs the attention of all... Could that be what Sgt. Crosby is speaking of? It hurts me to imagine that... I have seen NO evidence in this case to suggest that. Has anyone else?...

Personally, I would rather be dead than enslaved. People involved in the trafficking of humans need to be tortured and killed, in my humble opinion. I couldn't personally torture anyone, but in the case of human trafficking scum, I believe I could easily look the other way.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on this one!!?

It'd be about 30 seconds after she was reported missing. It's a very popular theory with people (including investigators) for some reason, despite in my nine years of focusing on missing women I have never seen a real life example of this. It's also unpopular not to tout it as a very good possibility regardless.

People do not take logistics into account on this. The common belief is that a sex slave is in forced prostitution somewhere. In one's own country and culture, that would require the person be imprisoned so they can't escape and be muzzled so they can't ask for help when they are prostituting. That's why the other common belief is that sex slaves are whisked off somewhere to a mysterious land.

In reality, the only known sex slaves I'm aware of (and yes, I know there are innumerable sex slave links) are Eastern European women enslaved by the Russian mafia. The are not so much enslaved as indentured servants who can never pay off their debts until they become useless for prostitution. They are usually doing it for their family which received a small payment, and they usually are lied to about what they'll be doing. They have the threat of harm to their family to keep them in line. If they are smuggled into the States they usually cannot speak English so their ability to seek help is limited, and they know they are illegal immigrants if they did escape.

That, my friends, is realistic logistics for sex slaves. Emphasis on the doing it to help their family and continuing to do it out of fear for their family's well being.

This has been written about and dramatized though the years. There is this belief that American women are somehow highly sought after so every missing American young woman is believed to have been kidnapped.

And yet we keep finding their bones when their remains were discarded by the murderer. Or not finding them, where the sex slave kidnapping belief lives on.

rd
trigger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Breaking News..Police Have Person Of Interest Reply with quote

Investigators in the case of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel say they've developed three, possibly four, persons of interest in connection to the teen's disappearance.

"The people we're looking at, I feel really good about because all of our little pieces of evidence ... they're all pointing in the same direction towards certain people," Myrtle Beach Detective Vincent Dorio said Friday.

In the first few days following her disappearance, investigators tracked Drexel's cell phone signals to an area near the South Santee Community in Georgetown County.

Dozens of searches over the past year provided no clues, and at one point last fall, detectives described the case as becoming cold.

But Georgetown County Investigator Chris Bailey says that all changed during the holidays.

"I think the tip I received in the first part of December was the big turn around," Bailey said Friday afternoon during an interview.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is big news, trigger. thanks for the update.

Three or four persons of interest? That is very unusual. Also unusual that they all have been kept quiet until that tip in December. [Just read the link. Police say the persons of interest did not necessarily know of Brittanee directly. That would explain it.]

Let's hope that Brittanee's family will have an answer for her whereabouts one day soon.

And that she can rest in peace.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: