www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Found on Illinois River Shore Prompts Speculation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Body Found on Illinois River Shore Prompts Speculation Reply with quote

This could be Stacy or Lisa. I guess we will have to wait and see. As hard as it is to say, I do pray it is one of them so the family can have some peace.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520915,00.html?test=latestnews

Fair Use
Body Found on Illinois River Shore Prompts Speculation
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

Snip

CHANNAHON, Ill. — A cleaning crew in suburban Chicago found a badly decomposed human body on the shores of the Des Plaines River on Wednesday, prompting speculation the remains were related to one of a couple of long-running, high-profile missing persons cases in the area.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Tom Burek confirmed the remains were human, but declined to say if the body was male or female. The Will County coroner will perform an autopsy on Thursday morning.

Burek said he would not speculate about whether the remains belong to Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic, two missing Will County women who disappeared in 2007 and whose cases have garnered national attention.

Snip
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz, AP is reporting that the body is headless and armless and an autopsy was inconclusive. They couldn't determine if it was a man or woman or what race the person was.

But this should be of interest to all those who have wanted DNA results in other crimes. Illinois will have DNA results in about two weeks with an expedited request. I've seen people like for Jennifer Kesse talk about DNA results not being there because of a wait even years later. Nope, wasn't any DNA to test.

They are searching for the remainder of the body which if the head is found will be identifiable.

Here's the link to the AP story:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jpWM_W3kcTvxz22e6hhsxWmTIAuQD98AUHMG3

This is a great detail from UPI. The body was spotted in the river by an environmentalist cleaning up the river from a flat bottomed boat. I hadn't seen any details yet and thought the body floated up to the side of the river, but no, took someone scraping the narrow bottom to spot the skeleton.

If it was deeper never would have been seen.

Link to UPI story:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/21/No-ID-yet-on-body-found-in-Ill-river/UPI-91021242916868/

ABC is reporting the DNA will have to be obtained from bone marrow.

Holy cow, reading the ABC article, the skeleton was found less than a mile from a blue barrel. Link to this excellent ABC story:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7642347&page=1

Bye bye, Peterson. They found the blue barrel. And Stacy.

May she rest in peace now.

rd

Another cop's wife disappears- Stacy Ann Peterson of Chicago

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post on theory.

Yes, bye bye to Drew. I'm so happy he will go down. Sad for the family in many ways but happy they can go on with their lives now that Stacy has been found.

We don't need guys like Drew walking around.

RIP Stacy and Kathleen.

I guess he is not laughing anymore.

Goz
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this legal system in America just sucks.

How can he not be guilty? Like 8 of his wives disappeared, his brother is telling us he killed them, they moved some big barrels around, they found a big barrel in a pond with a woman's skeleton, and we still need to give this person a fair trial because he MAY be innocent? What a joke.

Just look at the picture of the guy. Something is obviously not right.
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a policeman. A control freak just like that cop in Georgia that Theresa Parker had the temerity to try to escape.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD says:

Quote:
He was a policeman. A control freak

He was for sure a control freak RD. It it sad they let him slip away after the death of his 3rd wife though. If LE would have been more on the ball, I'm sure Stacy would be alive today, (MO) don't you think so RD?

I think they should have really looked at him more back then. He got to slide because he was a cop, like a few others did.

What do you think of my theory RD? I feel he told them where to find Stacy, the timing is about right, unless of course ILL does not have the DP anymore. He also could have plead down for a better future deal?

Interested in your thoughts.

Happy Holiday weekend
Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi goz, the ABC news article said that a local resident saw the blue barrel in the river and called the police earlier in the week. Then an environmentalist volunteer cleaning up the river from a boat found the skeleton a few days later.

So not only did Peterson not lead the police to her body or tell them where she was, the police didn't even act on the call of the sighting of the blue barrel for days.

In addition, in my opinion there is not a death penalty for these murders for Peterson to try to want to avoid as you suggest. There is not evidence of the conditions for the death penalty in these murders, for example, both could theoretically be accidental deaths from confrontations in domestic disputes, etc.

Plus there's something wrong with this guy. To think that he goes from snide plea of innocent in court when they arrest him to fearful "ok, here's where she is, please don't execute me" just because they threw him in the slammer is not something in this guy's psychological makeup.

So I would actually ask why the police didn't go look for the blue barrel when a local called it in as far as that goes.

And yes, you're absolutely right, being a policeman let him get away with the murder of his estranged wife Kathleen, no doubt.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u for filling me in on the other details. I didn't think Drew would ever give anything up but the timing is so close. Now at least they will be able to get him on two charges.

I wonder why the Police did not go after the barrel after the first call. This makes no sense to me. I'm just stunned.

thanks for the updates.

Good Day
Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's a good question, goz. I would say people shuffling the tips paperwork weren't aware of significance of blue barrel, maybe a small police department not handling Peterson, or large police department with too much bureaucracy to understand this.

Could be they get all kinds of calls and just muddle through them as they can and have a backlog. Definitely not someone looking at calls and understanding as much as the local citizen who saw it and called it in did.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still stunned by it all RD...

But, so happy Peterson is going down.......
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to say that the skeleton was that of a man and not Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic, even though a blue barrel was in the river less than a mile away.

I still wouldn't rule out Stacy is in there. The skeleton had to be picked up from the shallow bottom from a boat, not like anything in there floated up into view or something. Unless when the retrieve the blue barrel they determine there hadn't been a person inside.

Hopefull this solves some other missing person case and maybe sheds light on some crime as to how he got there.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Another Barrel of Woes Reply with quote

Wow, I sure feel sorry for that man's family. What a coincidence, though, as far as the blue barrel goes.
Do you remember hearing anything about the possibility that Drew may have thrown "his" blue barrel out of an airplane?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: