www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique indicted by DC federal grand jury
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Guandique indicted by DC federal grand jury Reply with quote

Next step in this Guandique journey has been taken. DC federal grand jury indicted him yesterday. The charges listed in the article are interesting:

kidnapping, murder, attempted sex abuse and attempted robbery

Here's WJLA's link to the indictment and the actual wording of the charges from the indictment:

http://static.wjla.com/documents/guandique_indictment052009.pdf

Kidnapping; First Degree Murder - Felony Murder; Attempted First Degree Sexual Abuse; Attempt to Commit Robbery (Force and Violence)

I would indict this as an attempted prosecution. Analysis of this and background:

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09

Washington Post investigation of Chandra Levy cold case

Guandique's Defense

Murder on a Horse Trail Chapter 24. Guandique

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page

Guandique Indicted in Chandra Levy Murder
WJLA.com
May 20, 2009

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0509/624767.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Guandique-Grand Jury Charges Reply with quote

I can't believe that this is happening before our eyes!
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow, in reading the indictment just now, it uses one of the goofiest tricks I've ever seen. In every count they say Ingmar Guandique, also known as"Chucky", also known as "Chacky".

Like they're going to be put Guandique on trial for the murders Chucky the dummy committed in the movies.

Talk about dummys.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Chucky Cheese Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but I told you so!!! Just kidding! Pizza for everyone! What is this world coming to? May be we need "The Terminator" to come and save him! So, where does this leave the "Killer Tomato"? Will he have to take the stand? I can see the headlines now: "Chucky versus the Killer Tomatoes! Coming in theaters nearest you!"
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: The U.S. Attorney's Office Reply with quote

The information Anne-Marie Smith gave in the 6-hour meeting with the U.S. Attorney and the FBI needs to be disclosed. This is key to solving the case. Was the grand jury privy to this information before they indicted a patsy?

USA Today, July 12, 2001

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/july01/2001-07-11-condit.htm

Quote:
While police looked for new information, the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office again questioned flight attendant Anne Marie Smith.

Authorities declined comment on the questioning.

Smith said on Fox News Channel that investigators indicated she had provided them with new information during the six hours of she met with them
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DC police certainly aren't going to release any information except how many imaginary gangbangers were with Guandique in Rock Creek Park as they hunted down someone who never jogged.

That won't stop the DC police from repeating whatever any random prisoner who flunks lie detector tests tells them. Freakin idiots.

On the other hand, Anne Marie can certainly tell us and the world what she told them. I wish she would.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Oppositeland Reply with quote

Hi RD!
Sounds like "Oppositeland" to me!!!

Fox News, Hannity and Colmes, July 18, 2001

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,29871,00.html

Quote:
COLMES: I'd like to ask you that question we just billboarded. Has she told us everything she knows?

ROBINSON: Has she told you? No. She hasn't.

COLMES: Well, not me personally, but has she told the world everything she knows?

ROBINSON: Well, she's told -- she's told authorities everything she knows. We spent two full days with the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office last week going over things in just absolutely minute detail.

Quote:
COLMES: If the world, the rest of the world, knew everything they authorities knew, would we be much more shocked than we are now?

ROBINSON: Yes.

COLMES: How so?

ROBINSON: There are things that I've been asked not to talk to the press about because of the fact that it's a criminal investigation.
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's safe to say they aren't investigating, and never were, so like I say, it would be great if Anne Marie told us and the world what she told the police. It's the only way it will make a difference.

For that matter, the same goes for OC Thomas. There is no way he can explain what he said over six weeks as making up stories to console the Levys. I lay out everything he said in Murder on a Horse Trail and it is clear he could not have been doing anything but telling the truth over those six weeks. He owes Chandra and her family a detailed explanation of exactly what transpired, the "I dug a hole, goodbye" crap doesn't cut it.

I would have loved to be have been able to chronicle what Anne Marie said and fit it into the timeline of Chandra's disappearance as I did with what OC Thomas said. And next best would be to be able to read the book that her lawyer friend was going to write.

Now would be a great time to shed light on what the DC police know from her and haven't acted on.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: The CSI Effect Reply with quote

Hi RD!

As we have all learned, THESE DC POLICE are not the same DC police that were assigned to the case, at the time of the well-planned kidnapping, removal and murder (prior to Chandra Levy's going to Washington, so another factor that rules out Guandique). The former DC police team was much more well-informed than we were led to believe by the media. The detectives seemed to have eliminated Mr. Guandique as a suspect. They gave the impression that they thought that Chandra and Guandique were never at the same place at the same time. In addition, because of the "professional" nature of the crime (sanitized apartments, staged crimes scene(s), etc.), the DC Police seemed like they felt they lacked "evidence that would hold up in court" against the people they did suspect. Therefore, they were waiting for a confession from their suspects, or someone close to their suspects.

During the "Summer of Chandra" a group of witnesses went to the media with their stories, because they had been personally threatened themselves or knew someone who had been and/or because they felt it would lessen the chance of them encountering any physical or other danger, as some of the people in the group had affiliations with national and international intelligence and governmental organizations. After the "Summer of Chandra", these same people were probably dissuaded from discussing the investigation into the case in the public arena, by some other people who were loosely connected to the government. This could be the explanation of why Mr. R. did not publish his book, as well the reason why the "tabloids" were forced to fill in the blanks with what they thought Mr. R. might have written (having changed the names, places and facts to protect the innocent and guilty).

And then little or nothing happened for 8 years. Well, that is not completely accurate. Robert Hanson was convicted of spying against the United States. Louis Freeh resigned. Tim McVeigh was executed. The Rock Creek Park joggers were granted "justice". Ingmar Guandique served his sentence. There was "9-11" and Iraq. In Brad Garrett style, some "perpetrators" were even hunted down and killed in several countries overseas, like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan. The former DC police team retired.

In the meantime, television shows like "Forensic Files", "CSI", "Without A Trace", "Law and Order" became extremely popular. A lot of students enrolled in Criminal Justice Programs. The "CSI" effect became something to reckon with.

The CSI Effect: Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI_Effect

The CSI effect (sometimes referred to as the CSI syndrome) is a reference to the phenomenon of popular television shows such as the CSI franchise raising crime victims' and jury members', even criminals', real-world expectations of forensic science, especially crime scene investigation and DNA testing.[1] Much of these concerns stem from the "dramatic license" taken by the writers of forensic science television--glamorizing the field, overstating the accuracy of forensic techniques, and exaggerating the abilities of forensic science--and from the extension of pop images past the realm of entertainment programming and into that of news reporting and the general criminological dialogue.[2][3] The CSI effect is purported to skew public perceptions of real-world forensic science, as well as the behavior of criminal justice system actors; this is of particular concern in the courtroom setting, where many prosecutors feel pressured to deliver more forensic evidence.[4][5]

It, then, became close to the time for Guandique to be released from prison. The joggers were understandably still afraid of him. A "fresh" DC police team and new U.S. Attorney arrived on the scene. They were enthusiastic and had good hearts. They wanted to do their jobs well and help victims. Unfortunately, these are not the only qualitites needed for solving crimes. These individuals had not been on the "inside" of the "original" Levy police investigation. So, they tried to solve the "Chucky-perpetrated jogger attacks" again--this time with the added "evidence" from the Chandra Levy secondary, staged murder scene. The CSI effect was coming into play.

"John Mark Karr, Chuckie, Tatoo-Artist, Illegal-alien, Sanctuary-Seeker, Storm-refugee, Wannabe Prison Gang-convert, Patsy" Ingmar Guandique was indicted for committing (at a secondary, staged crime scene): a RANDOM kidnapping (although CL's body was concealed in remote places at different points in time and not "found" until almost a year later), attempted burglary (although she wasn't carrying any money and her walkman, USC sweatshirt and expensive sunglasses weren't stolen), attempted sexual abuse (Her pelvic bone was missing, so how was that supposed to work?) and murder by knotted stocking (although Guandique probably didn't even know what S and M stood for) on: a young and fit, extremely safety-conscious, former police Explorer, then Federal Bureau of Prisons intern and USC Master's degree holder, future FBI/CIA agent woman, who was accused of being uncharacteristically "sans cell-phone and house keys" (who consistently checked her phone messages and always made sure someone walked her home, even in Dupont Circle), who had already been kidnapped (the scream in the wee, wee hours of the morning), so wasn't in the park to be re-kidnapped, who knew self-defense (maybe even "Krav Maga" http://moya.liquidweb.com/~kravmaga/ the lethal Israeli self-defense training method ) and therefore, could have "whipped" the pre-prison, pre-gang-affiliated Guandique-physique, who never jogged (That's why she belonged to a gym.), and who would never have been caught "dead or alive" wearing a sweat-shirt, leggings, and shoes "not made for running" (her favorite "lounge-around-the-house" outfit) during that humid DC heatwave, anyway.

Several arms of law enforcement and justice were provided with information about everything that related to the status of Chandra Levy's disappearance, removal and murder. However, no one was prosecuted for 8 years, because of the "professionalism" of the perpetrator(s), which caused an obvious "lack of evidence" and the "chain of command protocols", which had to do with various agencies relations to other agencies. Law enforcement seemed to have known who had committed the crime, but sat waiting for one of the "professionals" or someone who was close to them to confess. No one did, I guess. But, some extrememly self-serving, jailhouse snitches and a crazy-man, John Mark Karr type, did. And the CSI effect took effect.

And now, the U.S. government is putting Guandique on trial, instead of doing what it should have done in the very beginning--apologizing to the Levy family for an intelligence operation gone wrong, creating a memorial for Chandra and presenting her family with a financial settlement.

All branches of law enforcement, including prosecutors, need to go back and review the original witness reports and evidence documents. In other words, they need to do their homework. They need to dust off the files and take out and examine the results of the investigatory work that easily approachable, "politically street-smart" detectives like Durant and Kennedy and Stanton and McCann did. More importantly, they need to talk to them directly. And little by little, the CSI effect will clear up and the "New Detectives" will realize that what they are dealing with here bears more of a resemblance to "Power, Privilege and Justice" than "Chuckie and the Gang Initiation He Always Wanted, But Never Had".
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good points, but I'll settle for prosecuting someone who actually murdered her.

Although if it takes a bogus trial to bring out the information to the public about what actually happened that will move closer to justice for Chandra than the previous benign neglect.

Information from Anne Marie and OC Thomas would just add to that help.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: "Chacky's Trial" Reply with quote

I doubt that there will be a trial, as some of the main actors in this "play" are connected to the government and the government appears to be allowing a "cover-up" for "national security" or some other reasons. They will probably try to make some kind of "deal" with the defendant. Chacky's next career will be that of some kind of "undercover prison gang-informant". He will come across as credible, now that he has been charged with such serious charges.
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Gandique trial scheduled for January 27 Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2009/05/27/ST2009052701466.html
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sigsky noted in link to Washington Post, Guandique pleaded not guilty in court this morning, and trial was set for January 27. Defense contested that they haven't even been given the names of witnesses yet and "one sided process behind closed doors", in other words, political railroad job.

Judge admonished counsel against making a speech and will review information for defense situation at next hearing on July 31. He could postpone trial then.

Assuming they get witness contact info next week as prosecution said (why would they not give defense the names of the witnesses before a hearing where he is charged and must plead - typical arrogance and maliciousness from this DC crowd), I think eight months is plenty to prepare. I don't think they're going to get that much cooperation from the "witnesses" anyway.

They need to prepare to lead a jury through the last day's of Chandra's life and trot the jury (and worthless US Attorney and DC doughnut eaters) through a reenactment of what the DC crowd is claiming Chandra did.

As Guandique's defense said in an understatement, "it doesn't add up".

But what else would we expect from people who hide who their alleged witnesses are to carry out this charade?

And I'm not going to lose my focus on Condit in this, lest they think they'll make everyone forget that by railroading Guandique.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd & sig.

Well, rd, I don't think 8 months is much time to prepare, especially when the prosecution has been withholding the information they should routinely be passing to the defense - the defense shouldn't have to beg for it.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Science Project Reply with quote

I guess that they are waiting for "new evidence to emerge", in other words, "for something to grow in the petri dish"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: