www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

contact lense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: We need an ophthalmologist Reply with quote

Does anyone know the date of this picture, it is very interesting, on the left eye when this picture is blown up, looks as if Gary sustained an injury in this eye, the left side of the eye there is a large area of broken blood vessels, in a long slender line, and on top of that line there is another rounded area of broken blood vessels. Now I blew this up with the computer but computer images are not the best in the world to view something. However, I'm pretty sure this is two different broken blood vessels, an eye would have to be injured while the eye is opened, as there is no markings on the eye lid, a direct hit in the eye with an object of some kind.

Also when you blow up a picture of a person with glasses it is possible to determine the correction of the glasses, myopia etc. As the outline of the glasses will show where the correction begins and how the shadow will shine on a persons face from the light, dark or light and the size of the shadow will tell you whether the lens is convex or concave. Usually you take the glasses off and hold the glass out in front of you and rotate it to see the correction, left then right. Magnifying glasses make things large no matter, also a persons eye appears as large as the magnification when you look throught them. For example if you had a correction of a plus four, your eyes would appear like monster eyes.

Anyway if you blow up a picture large enough, and if you knew what you were doing, you could tell if a person had on glasses for near or far sightedness as the light refracts differently.

I cannot tell as I do not know, but there is a shadow around gary's eye due to the reflection of the correction of the glasses in the left eye, I cannot view the right easily or there is no correction for the right eye.
Also, Gary appears to have a rather wandering left eye, it is practically staring at his nose, it is not centered, he is looking directly at the man in front of him, so it is odd that his left eye is slanted almost into his nose.
If these were correction glasses for age, they would be further on his nose and he would be looking over the glasses, not throught the glasses as one cannot focus on large objects unless you look above the glasses.
I do not therefore believe that these are correction of age glasses, magnifying glasses.

I wrote to a forensic ophthalmologist on line that I found in a search, however, have not received a response, as likely it is a money thing and as I want information there is nothing in it for them and he won't be writing back.

But there is data to be collected from this picture, it would be more helpful to have the original picture than one generated on the computer as it is very difficult to examine pictures that are enlarged on the computer.

It is necessary to find out what the correction of these glasses are to some degree, as people who need magnification correction for age, they cannot wear contact lenses, these will not work for this type of eyesight problem. But as stated previously someone who knew what they were doing could analysis the picture and likely determine what type of correction Gary has at least in the left lense. I personally do not believe these Glasses are for reading, unless he has astigmatism. It is not rocket science but he is either wearing convex or concave glasses...and the shadows they cast are very different.

I viewed several pictures of Gary, and enlarged these very significantly however, cannot see if he is wearing contact lenses but then again, I'm wearing a plus 2.50 magnification and cannot see that well close up and as stated computer images, at least on my computer are not all that helpful to view.

If Gary does have a visual problem, then he likely wears contacts, given how vain he is contacts would be his choice. Also, if his eye was injured, then he would not be able to wear contacts, and would have to put on his glasses. (if his blood vessels are broken in his left eye?)

I have a friend who wears contacts, and in the 35 plus years she has had them, the only time when she wears glasses is when she has had an eye infection or a corneal abrasion from her contact lenses. I have not seen her with glasses on since we were 15. The only time she wears glasses at home, is to get to the bathroom to put the contacts on and normall she stumbles into the bathroom, so unless she has to see the time on the alarm is the only time they go one. She is a beautiful and a vain woman. Condit strikes me that he would be of the same bent never to be seen with glasses unless he injured his eye.

Would love to know the correction of the contact that they found in the park, and also whether it was a hard lense or a soft one. I'm thinking that it was a hard contact lens, and many people still have to wear these as in certain eye conditions/vision correction soft contacts will not work.

I feel very strongly there is information to be gleaned from this picture as to what type of vision correction gary is wearing.

kate
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Welcome Ca Reply with quote

Happy posting waveca, welcome..kate
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from a John Iander report on the 10:00 KOVR 13 News on October 23, 2001, "What was Condit like in the 1980's?" This is a still from some old video when he was the leader of the Gang of Five in the Sacramento legislature, possibly a year or so before he was elected to Congress in a special election in 1989.

I'll include the link again.

rd

http://www.kovr13.com/10oct01/gifs/102301a1.jpg
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture was from the 1980's.

I did a search for 'condit' at the KOVR13 Site and one of the items, that links to the 'glasses' picture and Iander's article, is described as follows:

www.kovr13.com/10oct01/102301a.htm
Title:NEWS: What was Condit like in the 1980s? (10/23/01)
Text:YOUR CITYYOUR SOURCESUPERCAST KOVR 13 ADVERTISE KOVR 13 / SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT / STORY What was Condit like in the 1980s? KOVR 13 NEWS REPORTER John Iander PHOTOGRAPHER KOVR 13 News APPEARED ON THE 10:00 News (10/23/01) Gary Condit came to the legislature...

-------------------
edited by jane to add:

Actually, I'm not sure the pic is from the 80's - what do y'all think? (Check the link).
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall something about old videotape from the '80s being shown. I think that was a still from it but I don't know, jane.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks perhaps the damage is permanent, as his eye is crossed right into his nose, so that when he looked straight ahead, this would not be visable.

Perhaps, he received some injury to his eye in his youth, and normally this cannot be seen. I have seen many a permanent marking on peoples eyes, some from injury and some are birth marks.

There was another picture of Gary with Glasses, sitting at the argicultural committee meetings, they were more modern and they had black rims.
He had on a white shirt and was sitting down.

Another interesting point. If this picture is from the 80's which it certainly looks like from the glasses, then Gary is not wearing eye glasses for correction for age, he likely has worn glasses since he injured his eye, or since he was in his teens. We are born with bad eyes or we are not, some does not show up until we go to school, and most times not until we are teenagers is that a problem unless severe. Also, the only time this appears in adulthood is for correction for age, the lens in the eyes will no longer accomodate. Besides this there is only injury and or disease that will cause us to have to wear glasses in adulthood. So Gary already had eye problems since he was younger. Therefore, it is almost certain that he would be able to get a prescription for contacts.

Thanks for the information Jane and rd.

Kate

p.s. I'd imagine that Condit and his brothers got into a few scraps, which might account for the blood spots on his eyes, or these are pigmentations (which they look more like really as they appear dark brown) spots which are congenital
waveca

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Strength of Perscription Reply with quote

Kate raises some interesting points, and is reading my mind ! (scary enough indeed!) I myself wear contacts and my perscription is very strong, so much so, that I hardly ever wear glasses as they are not flattering. (think Coke bottles). Anyway if you see a pic of someone on an angle wearing perscription lenses, there is always some degree of distortion...it would be nice to see that pic on an angle. Also remember back in the early 90's, wasn't it the "in" style to wear glasses EVEN if you didn't need them ? More a fashion accessory ? Look who we are talking about here....??? Perhaps he thought "the chicks would dig it" if he appeared more intellectual ? Just a thought...
Is there actual comfirmation that Condit did indeed need/wear contacts ??C.A. :)
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no confirmation. There was the statement that a contact lens had been found somewhere in the area Chandra was found and the question was, had Condit worn glasses indicating he needed eye correction. At least this picture was found, kate remembers another one as well, she says.

Even without being able to get DNA from it, they should be able to determine if it matches Condit's prescription. Or not. That's the whole point of an investigation, which was supposed to be occurring anyway.

The key above as far as 80's or 90's is who is in the picture with him. I was thinking it was another member of the California legislature, not another member of Congress. He went to Congress in 1989.

I don't know about the fashion aspect of it. My glasses tend toward coke bottle lens. :) In some weird development, it turns out my eyes are now natural bifocals so I don't have to wear glasses when working at the computer.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to bring this thread up about the contact lens found at the remains recovery site by the Levy's private detectives after the site was reopened.

Unfortunately, the photo of Condit with glasses doesn't come up anymore. Did anyone save the photo? It was from the 80's.

Do we know whether Chandra wore contact lenses? Maybe it was hers?

As Kate speculates earlier in this thread, was the doctor visit Condit listed as part of his May 1 activities a visit to an opthomologist or optometrist to replace a lost contact lens?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: "Con-" tact Lense Reply with quote

If it isn't Chandra's, then according to the latest media take on the case, it could potentially belong to Mr. Guandique or one of the other "gang" members!!!
rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet it's Condit that was wearing the glasses, not Chandra or Guandique, but like you say, apparently the police and media will invent phantom gang members (who now have no tattoos because Guandique is now shown to have none?) to explain away inconvenient details like that.

Maybe they'll even convict a "John Doebanger" in absentia, they'll be so taken with the explanations from the US Attorney.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: A clouded view of things Reply with quote

When doing some research on the S & M aspects of this case, e.g., the knotted leggings, I read that sometimes people involved in The S & M scene use opaque contact lenses as a form of blindfold.
It sure would be interesting to have more information about the relevance or irrelevance of the contact lense that was found at the site.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow - oh my goodness, it's hard to understand how some people get their jollies, isn't it? I'm a firm believer that if anyone feels the need to resort to way-out stuff, it's time to slow down. Like, if you pig out on food too much, go on a diet. If you get too 'greedy' sexually, go into an abstinence phase until normal seems kinky enough. Well, no more sermonizing. Actually, I need to take my own advice about the overindulgence in food... Anyway, yeah, it sure would be interesting to know more about that contact lens!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: