www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Case Research Institute to take up Chandra's case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle Zayas has posted an excellent summary of my discussion with the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute students at Bauder College. My thanks to Danielle, and congratulations on her and the other students who graduated with their Associate Degrees in Criminal Justice.

Some, like Danielle, are now following that up by pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice from Bauder College. We here at justiceforchandra.com are always ready to provide any help we can.

rd

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/28/ccc.log.zayas/

excerpt:

Log 4: Making the pieces fit
June-July 2008

Ralph Daugherty came on June 26 to the CCIRI to speak to the team about his experiences writing his book "Murder on a Horse Trail." Ralph, as he liked to be called, was very helpful in piecing together some gaps that the team had in its timeline.

One of the first questions I asked Ralph was why he decided to write the book. He said his initial interest arose when the D.C. Police Department released an edited version of the Web sites that Chandra visited on May 1.

Computers being his field, Ralph said he was interested in trying to help find some sort of connection these Web sites might have in locating Chandra.

From there, his interest grew when some of the information that he uncovered did not seem to add up. Ralph started collecting newspaper clippings and doing his best to validate sources trying to determine what was truthful and what was not. Validating information was difficult because he would find a statement that was reported as fact but numerous media reported it differently.

(snip some more interesting comments on our discussion)

It was very exciting to be able to sit down and ask Ralph some real questions about his book. It gives the team a better understanding of what the mood was in Washington at the time.

We as a team started to understand the job the D.C. Police Department had with so many little pieces that just didn't seem to add up. The scream, the computer, the missing jewelry, the clothes, the keys, no ID, no cell phone, no plane ticket.

click to read rest
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/28/ccc.log.zayas/
knmeye01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Chandra Levy Reply with quote

Ever since I read the book, Murder on a Horse Trail, I have not been able to get this case off my mind. Maybe its the great injustice of knowing her killer is out there or that someone planned her death with the intent of impeding the investigation or maybe its the incompetence the police displayed during the investigation ... not sure. Probably a little of everything.

Anyway, I am of the opinion that Condit is guilty. I also believe his senior aide was instrumental in the crime. I feel really strongly about this because of the watch. I have a theory that Condit gave him the watch. Since the aide had dated the woman who gave Condit the watch first and Condit doesn't wear watches, I think he gave his senior aide the watch as a "thank you for passing your woman along to me" gesture. Just an idea, but since there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of chivalry amongst any of these men, it seems plausible. It would also explain the need to get rid of the watch box, especially if there was either evidence on the watch or the watch somehow got broken during the crime. Since he was with his aide, Mike Dayton, in VA at the time, nothing would really need an explanation.

I have many theories though. Another one is that she was not killed in the park. I believe her body was dumped there to implicate another man. I think she was killed somewhere in VA and I think her body decomposed somewhere in VA. Condit's aide apparently biked to work every day from VA, so he would be fairly familiar with the terrain. I think her jewelry was removed for two reasons: One, to make it look like a robbery and the second to remove the bracelet, which implicates the relationship between her and Condit.

If this isn't farfetched enough, I also am of the opinon that Levy was not Condit's first victim. I think he planned out exactly what he was going to do to her and when it was going to be done. This is why he flew his wife in, for the alibi and set the meeting with Cheney. It works because it adds to one hell of a confusing timeline. Over and over, when one considers the case - you are left wondering how he could have done it while his wife was there?

I think she was lured away - which would account for the scream and I think she was taken elsewhere. I don't think she was murdered until after his wife left town. And, Im not sure if his aide got pulled into it during (which would have been a part of Condit's plan - to make him culpable so as to assure his silence) or if he knew what was going to happen all along as well. Condit was worried about reelection and being the narcissist that most politicians are, he would not want her body recovered until that was decided. I think her body was dumped in the park in March after he lost. He knew he was finished then and knew his career was over.

I definitely think the senior aide played an integral part. What is most interesting about the senior aide is that he now works for Homeland Security, Dept Director under Schwartzneggar in CA. And his picture can not be found anywhere on the web - I really tried searching for it. Other than the notation of his appointment which took me forever to find - that's about it. I could not find when he married, although I am assuming it was after 2002 or anything for that matter, outside of CNN transcipts when he was interviewed by Larry King. I was looking because I was trying to find a picture wear he was wearing the watch. But, it was to no avail.

I guess if you had committed a murder or were an accessory working in that position would be nice and cozy and protected.

I don't work in the Criminal Justice field though, so I'm sure my theories are way off ... it's just after reading a book like that, you find yourself wanting to do something ....
knmeye01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Her computer Reply with quote

I think the entries in the computer are bogus, put there to impede the investigation and to confuse the timeline. I also think her keys were taken because she had a key to his apartment and to get into her apartment. I think Condit thought of everything beforehand in terms of ways to exonerate himself in the public eye. And if you look back at his words during the various interviews he gave he repeatedly turns the subject matter back to where Chandra is and why the police haven't located her. Despite the question, he always manages to get that in. It's almost like he is daring the police to find her, because he knows they won't be able to. He knew where she was and he knew they weren't ever going to find her - this would hold especially true if her body was in VA.

I really believe there is evidence somewhere out there to nail him. He left something somewhere.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the watch. He left that somewhere, and no one can say where it is.

I agree with most of what you say, Kimberly. Thanks for the kind words about Murder on a Horse Trail. I say up front it is a compelling story, and I think your words reflect that.

The one thing I would add is that Condit was an avid biker of Rock Creek park, and lived right on the Rock Creek Trail that goes up a couple of miles past the foot of the hill where Klingle Mansion is and on up past Pierce Mill to Beach and Broad Branch. He kept a bike in his Congressional office to go biking at any time in Rock Creek Park. He undoubtedly knows the grove 18/grove 17 crossroads of Western Ridge Trail well and how to drive up to it instead of biking or, as the Washington Post and DC police would have us believe, both Chandra and Guandique hiking up to it through a forest.

Also, I think the watch was either given to Chandra or to Darrell. Either way, Condit does not dare explain where it is. He explained it all to Chandra, but to no one else since then.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd and welcome Knmeye! About the bracelet - one thing we did learn from the recent Washington Post series (I think in the 'notebook' section rather than the series proper) is that Chandra's gold bracelet was never missing - it was among the belongings the police took from her apartment, and later returned to her parents.
Quote:
I think her jewelry was removed for two reasons: One, to make it look like a robbery and the second to remove the bracelet, which implicates the relationship between her and Condit.

rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, DePaulo, who interviewed the Levys, said that it was unaccounted for and the DC police refused to say whether they had it or not. You would think if they knew they had it that they would say what was missing for the Levys sake and for the public to know what to keep an eye out for, but quite frankly I don't trust the DC police and/or FBI whatsoever and given the whitewash going on for Condit I don't trust that they had the original one back then.

Not unless the Levys say they saw it in Chandra's belongings back then.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've piqued my interest there, rd. Do you mean you think that the one said to be with the Levys now isn't the original one? Aunt Linda apparently saw it and thought it was the one.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, just think about that for a minute, jane. For the Levys to be asked do they recognize the bracelet to start with means they never saw it back in 2001. They're just now being asked to take a look at it, but by reporters who were given access to Chandra's items that the Levys weren't. Just imagine that alone.

Then, yes, they said it looked like the bracelet Chandra showed them. Based on seeing it once seven years ago, both the parents and Zamsky seeing it three weeks before Chandra disappeared. It's a 14k bracelet. The police know what it looks like from Anne Marie showing them hers back then.

So why are the Washington Post reporters who are writing a whitewash series on Condit shown Chandra's "belongings" that the Levys never even saw, even with recent trips to the DC police pleading for help in the investigation?

And lo and behold a 14k bracelet materializes.

Unless the Washington Post misreported this and the Levys saw this bracelet back then and the Washington Post mischaracterizes the Levys as attempting to recognize it now, which given the Washington Post reporters involved, I wouldn't count on anything they said one way or another. I quoted Allan Lengel extensively in Murder on a Horse Trail. I wouldn't quote from that recent Washington Post pile of garbage for anything.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi knmeye, rd. Very interesting input! OK, rd, you make some good points about the bracelet. Is there anything else about the WP series you are especially skeptical about (beyond their pushing Guandique)? Because this could help fill in some of the missing pieces of the puzzle, I think.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Post tried to pooh pooh away the questions about the turtle hunter and the timing of his discovery of Chandra's remains when Condit's staff was being summoned before a grand jury after Condit had taken the Fifth.

But note on page 11 of our Washington Post Chandra Cold Case Investigation thread, the turtle hunter shares the address and phone numbers with a Spanish speaking defense lawyer about four blocks from DuPont Circle, at an address that used to be an economic think tank in the 90's.

This is where his "woodworking" shop incorporated in 1983 is supposed to be located, as his cover for his searching in Rock Creek Park that day and stumbling across the remains of someone who disappeared a few blocks away from this address of apparently a Spanish speaking defense lawyer's address.

Combine that with the refusal before of reporters to identify the finder of Chandra's remains, misleading Doyle of the Modesto Bee into reporting he was down walking along Broad Branch Road when his dog was drawn to the site, and the lack of any details even now of such details as where he parked to be there with his dog that day and how he did approach the site, and whether his dog was drawn from the path 238 feet above when no one else had ever followed their dog down the hill in the previous year, and you have a skeptic in me in this pooh poohing from the Washington Post reporters. More like poo poo.

Also, I write:

Even more compelling were the questions asked by one poster on the details and timing of Guandique also alleged to be fired that day. Awful busy day, if you know what I mean.

A real investigation would inquire about and divulge those details, because that's where inconsistencies or validations take place.

Guandique passed a lie detector test. I wonder if Green the park ranger whose case it wasn't his to pursue but dagnab it it it was so solvable, the landlady renting to illegals who said Guandique looked like he was in a fight just before arrested on May 7 (but whose girlfriend doesn't remember it, and his May 7 mug shot unrevealed), and the employer hiring illegals who says he fired him that day, would also pass one.

Also, I will add that although Guandique was claimed by the Washington Post to have been fired that day and thus free to romp in the park, although I believe the employer, landlady and Park Ranger Green to be liars who would fail a lie detector test that Guandique passed, the employer and landlady in particular to be susceptible to trying to ingratiate themselves with the police due to their illegal activities with illegal immigrants, consider this.

The two assaults that Guandique committed, two weeks and six weeks later, tooik place in the evening along Beach Road, at 6:30 and 7:30 in the evening,

Whether employment is involved or striking in the evening for other reasons, Guandique allegedly being "unemployed" on May 1st didn't have him committing assaults in the park during the day even two weeks later.

Which brings up the Washington Post reporters' contention that Chandra took a walk in the park on a nice day.

That is the biggest hoax of all, directly from what Condit told police from the beginning. Him and him alone.

See also in that thread my Chandra Levy Walk in the Park Challenge.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not to take this thread off topic, any details on Edwards would go in Other Viewpoints discussion, but I couldn't help but see the similarity between this headline and the headline that should have been for Condit. From Fox News:

Ex-Mistress: No Paternity Test

Rielle Hunter refuses paternity test, as strange behavior by John Edwards raises unanswered questions

This includes no fathers name on the birth certificate, as with Jennifer Thomas, and the strange behaviour of Condit making a phone call at midnight from outside Luray Caverns two weeks after Chandra disappeared that should have raised unanswered questions.

Note also the refusal of the media to cover these unanswered questions when a prominent Democrat is raising them. There were aspects of Chandra Levy's case that the reporters and editors of the few major organizations that control what people see and what they are told were blasted with, that being Condit's potential involvement in the sexual affair, and aspects that were blacked out, that being Condit's potential involvement in the murder.

This headline on Edwards only came about because the National Enquirer got a picture of Edwards holding the baby, forcing Edwards to make a public statement admitting the affair but denying he is the father. Condit never made a public statement that didn't cite everyone else besides him as making everything up, therefore not giving the greenlight to reporters and editors to report on what he alleges was made up, that being everything.

And they didn't.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd. Like you, I noticed (but on CNN) mention of the 'Father' line on the record of birth left blank, which also reminded me of Jennifer Thomas' son's record of birth. I, too, was curious as to what would come of the DNA testing, as Edwards claimed to be willing to submit to a DNA test. You say the mother is reported as refusing to go along with the testing (and I'm sure Jennifer Thomas, in hiding, would not go along with any testing. Her son will soon be of an age where his own consent would be required - he's no infant anymore.)

I don't know how common it is to leave the space for the father's name blank in cases where a child is born to single moms. Do they usually do that, or only if the father is a married politician...
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time we're seeing it for some reason is when the father is a married politician.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/politics/story/100766.html
Birth certificate doesn't clarify paternity
No father is listed for child of woman who Enquirer claims was John Edwards' lover.
By Lisa Zagaroli
McClatchy Newspapers
Posted: Friday, Aug. 01, 2008

fair use
excerpt
Quote:
....With unmarried couples, California law requires both parents to sign a “Declaration of Paternity” form prior to the father's name being put on the birth certificate. If the father is not present, his name may be added to the birth certificate at a later date after proper forms are obtained from the Department of Vital Records....

rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's why she went from North Carolina to California to have her baby. May be more "married politician" friendly than North Carolina.

Or maybe Edwards read Murder on a Horse Trail and said, worked for Condit, works for me.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: