www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse POI photo analysis links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Sparta ? Reply with quote

hey Sparta:

Can you please post when Jennifer's story will be on 48 hours. I tried to look it up but could not locate the information.

Thanks

Goz
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gozgals- CBS 48 hours will feature Jennifer Kesse this Saturday, June 14th at 10pm EST on CBS.

Thanks
EHH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, guys, so cool to see all these posts.

Jennifer's web site has a banner up top with the showtime too.

Re: NASA and photo enhancement/analysis (see, I can do it, RD!) - I think there are lots of folks who work with visual imagery who could work those images to great effect. I have a couple of friends who work in film production, I'll ask.

Liz
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, Liz, and let's all see if we can catch 48 hours this Saturday night at 10 and see what they have to say about Jennifer's disappearance.

rd
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember its 10 EST... so my understanding is 9 central- check your local listings for time and channel :) thanks
Sparta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that program is always on at 10 PM (saturday night, CBS) here on the west coast.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparta, you are right that it is odd there is a video of the POI parking Jennifer's car, yet no identity or apprehension of the person. I can think of a few cases offhand where a video existed and the person was caught fairly quickly. There was the young woman abducted from a Wal-Mart parking lot and killed. Her killer was on a surveillance tape which was shown on TV and he was identified and arrested within a few days of the abduction. There was the young girl in Florida who could be seen being harrassed and led away by her murderer on a carwash surveillance tape. He was identified and arrested within a few days or so.

If the tape from the lobby where Chandra lived had been preserved, who knows what it might have told the police, if they were interested, or Chandra's parents and the public, who definitely would have been interested. When a tape is recorded over multiple times even though a tenant goes missing, you have to wonder who is being protected. Likewise, when police don't make use of a tape that shows a missing woman's car being parked and the driver walking away, after the young woman has gone missing... When the police appear to downplay the importance of the tape and don't use experts to analyze it... Again, you wonder, are they trying to protect someone?
Sparta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit the link to those pictures is all gone :(

the whole website disappeared.

I found the link but it's no good any more...

doesn't work

That sucks. They were PERFECT. High quality and covered the entire HOTG area.

I will try and find some other good ones.....
Sparta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the poster over on websleuths, CatLynnette, took some good photos

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/popmac/Jennifer%20Kesse/

what's interesting about these is that they were taken right around the time Jennifer went missing...
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that's a shame, Sparta, because like you say, the jk1 pictures were perfect.

Thanks for the links to get a chance to still see what we can anyway.

rd
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CBS 48 Hours piece scheduled for this Saturday, June 14, has been postponed. It was to feature Jennifer Kesse and Tara Grinstead. Supposedly it was due to scheduling problems with the network, however, Tara's mom just passed away this past weekend, so that could have had something to do with it.

Will let everyone know new airdate as soon as I do.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an Orlando Sentinel news article that states that the POI is wearing a white t-shirt. I understand they are as confused as anyone else, but they have misled the public and when I notify them of what I found, they refuse to respond.

That doubly compounds their error and their misleading of the public.

I hope they are under orders from the police not to discuss this case with anyone, or not to disclose that a man wearing a law enforcement uniform is the person of interest, otherwise the public has no way to know what happened that day when Jennifer's car was parked and whether they saw anything that would help identify him, now knowing he was wearing a shirt with shoulder patches, not a white t-shirt.

I know that John Cutter said he agonized over withholding the info about the POI for a year that the police inadvertantly sent to them, but he reasoned the police said it would jeapordize the investigation and maybe Jennifer's life. He considered his daughter and what he would be going through, and the Orlando Sentinel withheld the information from the public.

More than a year later, with the case at a dead end, they release the info the Sentinel reporters knew, that the POI was not just someone in the area who may have seen something, but was the person who drove up in Jennifer's car and walked away.

Are they now supposed to withhold this armed security guard info I sent them as well, or wait for the police to tell them what to do? Who knows?

You'd think that if the information I found is so sensitive they would have told me not to publicize it. Would have been glad to, I have no more interest in jeapordizing the case than the Orlando Sentinel does. But right here is the only place anyone will ever find out about it for now.

That isn't going to alert the public to assist the police with what they saw by any means, as long as what the POI really looked like is withheld from them.

rd

Video of suspect released in case of Jennifer Kesse
Jim Leusner | Sentinel Staff Writer
Orlando Sentinel
May 18, 2007

The dark, four-door Chevrolet Malibu is captured in the distance from a pool-area camera. It is seen backing into a parking space, and then the driver exits wearing a white T-shirt and walks across the screen.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-kesse1807may18,0,5239599.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[note - here's a repost of my trip report from a year ago. I looked carefully at layout and distances and tried to describe them as best I could]

I made a trip last week to Orlando to look at the crime scene. I had a number of observations, I'll try to get them all in here.

When taking the Conroy Road exit off of I-4, it meanders through blocks or islands of stores on the way past the Mall of Millenia. Just past the stores is the Mosaic. It is an extremely stately looking complex, surrounded by woods. Just beautiful.

Two thoughts I had were that any comments on Jennifer living in a high crime area is just totally off base. The mall and then the Mosaic are just absolutely beautiful and upscale. I can see why she was proud of her condo.

The second is that of parking a mile away down Conroy and walking back to the Mosaic. Anyone who just wanted to park the car somewhere away from the Mosaic to walk back would park in the many nearby parking spaces for numerous stores.

Around Conroy it is not one big mall parking lot that is empty at night and would quickly reveal an abandoned car overnight in the acres of lot as one sees with many malls. There are many nooks and crannies to park a car all around Conroy before you get to the Mosaic.

I did not try to enter the Mosaic or stop and walk around it. I took a look as I drove by. There is a thick strip of woods that encircle it and come right out to the street. Given the Florida marshy, swampy terrain, it did not look easy to walk through.

I drove on down looking for Texas Ave. Conroy changes name to Americana along the way. It's an unusual road and intersection to me. The area is densely populated with one apartment complex after another running down the roads, and the roads are large enough that for example there are turn lanes at Americana and Texas.

Yet the roads have a quiet, suburban quality to them as well. For example, there is no sidewalk on the Huntington apartments side of Texas Ave. Across Texas is a strip shopping center, I don't know if any sidewalk goes down Texas on the other side from there.

Turning onto Texas from Americana, I see the entrance to the Huntington on the Green apartments. I turn in and immediately recognize the gate, the pool, and the building with surveillance camera. I turn immediately to the left and park by the car in the picture, just beyond the gate.

The pool is full of playing children, I don't want to disturb anyone as I look at the gate and surveillance camera beyond. It is set in a wooden vent of a raised roof over a one story building. I don't see how it could be more than twenty feet high.

I walk around the pool fence, in the opposite direction of the suspect who walked around toward the gate. I am looking for a secluded spot where the suspect would be parking the car out of sight, but this is the main entrance to the apartments. It is anything but secluded.

There were some adults around, keeping an eye on things. I was clearly not the first person who came in looking it over, and I was eyed both warily and wearily. But I asked one lady from a distance who was near her car where Jennifer Kesse's car had been parked. She pointed back at the pool and said first or second spot.

I was stunned.

Not only was it not secluded, it was literally the first spot on the main entrance to park as you turn into the Huntington Apartments, immediately past the pool. There were plenty of other quieter branches off the main entrance to park such as further beyond where I parked.

The only reason it wouldn't have been parked in the first spot is that it literally would block the sidewalk for people trying to go into and out of the apartment building next to the pool. The second spot is basically still as busy as you get.

Even more stunning, the car was parked directly in front of the surveillance camera on the other end of the pool building. It was aimed directly at the car. You literally couldn't park in a less secluded spot in the apartments.

Which brings us to the "parking carefully" so as not to be noticed analysis, where the car was said to have been parked once, backed out, then parked again, the analysis being the car was being attempted to be parked perfectly within the lines so as not to draw attention.

One look told me this guy was parking the closest, quickest spot to dump the car as soon as he pulled into the complex. So why did he back out and repark? Unfamiliarity with Jennifer's car.

Cars have different turning radius, and some vary greatly as to how sharply they turn into a parking spot. Park a different car than the one you're used to, and you may well practically pull in sideways. While he certainly wan't trying to hide it, he couldn't leave it across two parking spots blocking a sidewalk either.

I then walked back as he did around the pool past the gate on the other side. I looked at the gate and surrounding area. There is a palm tree next to the gate. I estimate it to be 7' tall.

In the third still, he is standing just beyond the palm tree. I estimate him to be at least average height, probably more like 5'11". How the police could estimate him to be between 5'3" and 5'5" is beyond comprehension.

Had they known he was wearing a stun gun thigh holster and county sheriff shoulder patches, I doubt they would have.

In my previous analysis, it looked to me like he had turned as he got past the gate to the palm tree, and was looking back in the direction he had just come.

However, as I retraced the steps, what he is doing is looking back to his right across the pool to the car he just parked. So the shoulder patch in photo one and photo three is on the same right shoulder.

I still don't know about the dark area on his chin. It looks lile a chin strap, I expect a chin strap with the rest of his bike patrol uniform, but the headgear possibly looked more like a beret than a helmet. I also don't see the side straps from the chin up to the helmet, but they could be hidden at that angle. And it could be a goatee. I wouldn't normally expect a goatee to be permissible on a regular duty deputy sheriff, but this could be an imposter.

Some have posted he was taking a shortcut back to the Mosaic, albeit the Mosaic was a mile away. In actuality, he walked in the opposite direction of the Mosaic, toward Texas and then up along Texas in the apartment parking lot, again there was no sidewalk to get the several yards to Americana.

I have always said the obvious reason to park at the Huntington is to enable getting home easily without the car being linked close to your home, and it was likely that meant it was convenient to catch a bus there in surroundings he was very familiar with.

And in fact, there is a large bus stop catty corner from the Huntington, with a shelter and seat to catch a bus down Americana to Orange Blossom and on down, for example to the closest FedEx Kinkos where Jennifer likely considered going to overnight her brother's friend's cell phone back to him.

I then drove on down that route myself, down Orange Blossom and saw the FedEx Kinkos, but didn't stop. Did Jennifer make it this far that morning? Did she even make it to her car?

We don't know, but we know a lot about who parked her car a few hours later. The question is, was it a regulation Taser stun gun in his holster whose use is automatically recorded, and which use for Orange County deputy sheriffs is being investigated in the first and most intensive investigation of its kind ever.

Or is the stun gun part of someone's make believe law enforcement uniform, who uses it to attack and overpower women he stops. If it is, its use isn't recorded by anyone.

Whether rogue cop or imposter, I have a hard time picturing a bike patrol officer with a holstered stun gun walking down Conroy-Americana back to the Mosaic, or catching a bus.

They could also be walking just a short distance down Texas or Americana to their nearby apartment. But where they were that morning to decide to murder Jennifer is just as murky.

But as with Kelsey Smith, these men exist, murky as their minds and motives must be.

rd
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CBS 48 Hours piece on Jennifer Kesse has been rescheduled for Tuesday, July 1st. Please check your local listings for time and channel. thanks
UCFAlum2002

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Tuesday, a 26 year old UCF woman jogger went missing at Jay Blanchard Park in Orlando, FL. There have been some previous rapes in the area and they just arrested Clemente Garcia in connection with the "East Side Rapist" cases.

He's 5'9. Please look at

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2008/06/arrest-made-in.html

http://www.wesh.com/news/16595810/detail.html

and

http://www.local6.com/news/16594383/detail.html
and take a look at his picture and tell me your thoughts... do you think this could be the suspect we are looking for in Jenn's case?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 13 of 25

Jump to: