www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maura Murray - Missing Haverhill NH 2/9/04
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several corrections which have been made to the evidence quoted in the articles and comments above, this is due to the investigative work of volunteer dectectives associated with the Molly Bish Foundation, Boston, USA.

Some new information has been provided from locals in the area, which they have posted on Maura's Forum.

These detectives have been able to ascertain information from witnesses, that now place a MAN in the passenger's seat of Maura's car, smoking a cigarette, minutes before the police arrived on the scene. To the best of my knowledge no vehicle was reported seen stopping, however, there was a RUMOUR of seeing an offical looking vehicle at the scene before sgt. smith arrived, which is now said to be 7:30. A correction in the time that Faith Westman called in the accident is 7:27.

It is remarkable that law enforcement completely discounted the evidence that there was a man seen in Maura's car minutes before Smith arrived on the scene. Yet Smith discounts this information, and law enforcement make an announcement that they believe that Maura came to the White Mountains to commit suicide!

A local person in the community reported to the forum, that she heard a BOL at 7pm

(site www.mauramurray.com)

has been changed to www.MauraMurrayMissing.com

a accident was reported on Swiftwater road, at 7pm, a few minutes later EMS was called back, left in a private vehicle

Thus the belief developed that there were two car accidents, one at 7pm and one reported at 7:27 at the Weatherbarn on 112 East of Swiftwater.
Evidence gathered from the damage to the car was given to a reconstructionist, it was determined that the damage done to Maura's car was not done at the Weatherbarn but elsewhere. The car appears to have been rammed from the back, and the front bumper appears to have gone under something. These are not the reconstructionists words, please check the new site. It appears that the second accident at the Weatherbarn was stagged.

The time the first officer was on the scene is reported at 7:30, a timeframe of 3 minutes, from call to arrival. Wow! I do not believe his location of origin when he received the call has been made public.

The responding officer, however, did lie to the family on Feb. 11th, advising that he did not know Maura was missing. He was advised by the 911 dispatcher, by the Westmans' and the school bus driver. Fred Murray did not receive a call that his daughter was missing, and that his car had been involved in an accident in a timely manner. No formal search had been conducted up to this point.

Maura's car has been removed from the law enforcement impound area, it is not know whether it has been sent for forensic testing, we can only hope, although after 2 years almost 3 in an unsealed car, it is anyone's guess what remains of any possible evidence that might have been there many moons ago.

The other startling information to date, is that the school bus driver did not get off his bus. Maura's car was backed into a snow bank, heated West in an Eastbound lane, slightly angulated towards the centre, the driver's door near the snow bank.

One slight other piece of information which seems relivant, the school bus driver backed his bus into the driveway, all the way up to his garage, it is signifant because the neighbour who viewed this, said he never did that before. Also, the neighbour states that the school bus driver remained on his bus a long time.

The time that the school bus driver made his call to 911 is in error, as the school bus driver only had three minutes in which to make the call, and back his bus into the driveway.

It is presumed that Sgt. Smith came to the school bus driver where he was parked, up by his garage, as there has been no talk of the school bus driver moving his bus.

www.MauraMurrayMissing.com
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates on Maura's story Peri and giving me the new site.

Keep me posted of any information, as you have been doing. I'm interested on what may have happened to Maura and a conclusion in this case.

What is your main theory Peri?

Thanks, have a great week.

Goz
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG, don't have a theory, and whatever theories there might've been have been jarred by the revelation that a man was indeed seen sitting smoking a cigarette by a witnesses. This has always been known, but for whatever reason, it was discounted, by law enforcement, and I think that the witness felt that perhaps he'd been mistaken.

There was a report of an accident which has been put forward to the old and new forum, that there was an accident on the Swiftwater road, BOLwoman 5'7", then a shortime later, EMS were called back; BOL, left in POV, left in private vehicle. It is not certain if this accident involved maura, or the location, as it seems that the area affectionately calls parts of the 112, Swiftwater Road, also, there is a Swiftwater Road not far off the 112. Many people call the 112 leading into and out of Swiftwater the Swiftwater Road, so where the first accident was exactly is anyone's guess.

No one has come forward, to say that they called in or off the accident on the scanner at 7pm. Incidentially, Silkyboxer had visited the area, shortly after Maura's disappearance and discovered two areas with guardrails broken, one east of the accident, and the other West of the Swiftwater bridge, a mile thereabouts on the 112.

The Westmans, who called in the accident, at 7:27 that occured infront of their house, to the side, they heard a car accelerating, and a loud noise, a neighbour witnesses the car backing up into the snow bank, askewed slightly towards the centre line, and heading west in an eastbound lane.

The police arrived only 3 minutes later we learn.....

We have also learned that the school bus driver backed his bus into his driveway, all the way to the top, back end into the garage, a silent witness states he never did this before. Also, au contrair to what the school bus driver says, he did not get off his bus.

How he made the phone call to police before they arrived in three minutes, when a the silent witness places him on the bus, and the police arrived, who can guess at this dicotomy.

As mentioned a reconstructionist has indicated the damage done to Maura's Saturn did not take place at the Weatherbarn. The detectives have indicated that Maura was not likely in the car here, but had been involved in an earlier accident.

The construction worker, can't figure why he came out with the talle tale of seeing a young person running five miles east of the accident scene the night Maura had her accident, he also had opportunity and means.

The school bus driver had opportunity and means.

The officer first on the scene had opportunity and means.

Whomever the shadowy figure/man sitting in the car smoking, had opportunity and means.

Whoever was at the site of the first accident had opportunity and means.

I have no theories, just lots of questions, and if Maura's car was carjacked, then hopefully the police will forensically examin Maura's car, finally, Maura's car is where the answers lie, the car must speak for Maura. I do know that the road has been a hard one for Maura's loved ones, and were it not for their tenacity, law enforcement would have called it a day, and left it to their off the wall remark; to the press, to the public; she likely came to the White Mountains to commit suicide!

Any thoughts GG, others
rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she likely came to the White Mountains to commit suicide!

That's the key, kate. Same thing happened in Chandra's disappearance. The police are easily disposed to thinking a woman is a runaway and suicidal. They don't need much to convince them of that, and to just wait for the body to show up.

Or another way to put it is, if they don't see blood, they're not interested.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd:

The journey over the past five years, searching for answers of what became of Chandra, others who've lost their loved ones have crossed our paths, Maura Murray one of the many who suddenly disappears!?

We still await, Gary Condit, to address the questions of the Grand Jury regarding Chandra's disappearance? What he said to the District Attorney that got him a get out of Dodge pass; to exonerate him from appearing before the grand jury to answer their questions; this should be of public record and he no longer has the privledge of using I'm a member of the house committee on Homeland Security, or I'm a Congressman, or whatever excuse he used, or perhaps he didn't have to have an excuse, perhaps the whole thing was simply swept under the carpet, something extrodinary happened, that Condit, pleaded the 5th!

We've seen many times, law enforcement's response in a missing person's cases has not been stellar!!!!! Chandra and Maura being two young women who mysteriously disappeared out of the blue, and both disappearances, the investigation was completely bloched.

It is too exhausting to go over what law enforcement could've/should've done differently, one thing is for sure, the protocol for missing persons in police departments need to be revampted!

Abandoned vehicles, protocols need to be established and law enforcement obligated to FOLLOW these protocols or face disciplinary action!

Brianna Maitland, Vermont, and Maura Murray lived in Maine, and attended University in New Hampshire, both had accidents, both cars were found abandoned, in both cases, the officers on duty failed to notify the families that their cars had been found abandoned, Brianna's officer failed to report off to anyone before he went off duty for several days, and in Maura's accident, the officer stated that he did not know Maura was driving the car, and he'd been told by 911 dispatch, and Butch Atwood, that a young woman was driving the car, and the officer did not notify Maura's Father, Fred Murray of Maura's car found abandoned in a timely manner?!

No search was conducted immediately for these women, sadly, although they lived in different states, the proximity of these two accidents are very close and in both instances, a timely search was not conducted. Although law enforcement were quick to point out these cases were unrelated.

With over 100,000 people missing per year in the USA, one would think that there would be the political will/impetus to change the laws regarding missing persons, that education and inservices be given to law enforcement, and that sharing of information on missing persons be nationalized. The laws surrounding missing persons, abandoned vehicles should be federal, the same in all STATES. Such as, car jacking.

Something has to give! Law enforcements system of dealing with missing persons is BROKEN, and cannot be put back together again, it must go through a metamorphysis to meet the needs of the public it serves. It's not a matter of fault, but rather simply, the needs outweight the supply. The system is not working, changes have to be made, monies to makes these changes have to be allocated from the coffers of the state, and federal subsidization.

A total revamping of the human relations aspect of law enforcement dealing with the families of missing persons needs to take place, there are many members in law enforcement who've never heard the word, public relations, never seems to be any apologies, those in authority must deem that the way that law enforcement is conducting business is OK in the human relations department. We see no retraction of statements made that are derogatory, inflammatory, liable, that come from the lips of law enforcement, such as the statement, about Maura, likely coming to the White Mountains to commit suicide. !!!!!

There has been no apology from law enforcement for these and other remarks and errors made in the investigation of Maura's car accident/ disappearance! Not that I've seen or heard.

p.s. I added the political rant in the edit.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: comments - Peri Reply with quote

Hi Peri, Happy Holidays:

My initial thoughts about Maura was that she ran away and met up with another person who took her away from the scene and it was staged. After thinking more and more about this theory and this case, I'm a tad bit stymied about what may have occurred that evening. I'm kind of lost at what my final conclusion/theory is.

I feel that too many questions are left unanswered and that there appears to be various suspects that could have caused harm to Maura out there in the dark. This leaves me with a change in my original assumptions.

I'm unsure now what to think. I do know for sure that LE did a piss poor job of an investigation and that is what might or did screw up this missing person's case from the start.

So, my conclusion: I do not know what happened to Maura and my prayers go out to her and her family. I lean toward a murder.

Please keep me informed on any more information you are privy too.
I just hope that in the future LE takes these matters more seriously especially when young women are out in the cold, alone and broken down in the dark.

Afterthought: I do not think Maura took her own life.

Goz
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.MauraMurrayMissing.com in section 'words of encouragement

a prayer group, Dec. 24th 2200 hours EST

Pass a good thought, kind word....

come join in
fallout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peri, RD, everybody...

Belated seasonal best to all of you...

This is the first I've heard of this story. Its gone through two Winters and Summers so there have been missed opportunities if the FBI has still not gotten involved. Shouldn't there be some kind of administrative ruling that allows for Federal Authorities to get busy after a certain period of time? It only seems fair to the families. And, anyway, wasn't the area adjacent to a National Park? That would allow the FBI automatically.

Cheers all,
James
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James, hope it was a good holiday season for you too. Kate has covered Maura's case in depth since the beginning. I don't know whether it would do any good to have the FBI investigating. They're allegedly in charge of investigating Chandra's murder.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallout wrote:
Hi Peri, RD, everybody...

Belated seasonal best to all of you...

This is the first I've heard of this story. Its gone through two Winters and Summers so there have been missed opportunities if the FBI has still not gotten involved. Shouldn't there be some kind of administrative ruling that allows for Federal Authorities to get busy after a certain period of time? It only seems fair to the families. And, anyway, wasn't the area adjacent to a National Park? That would allow the FBI automatically.

Cheers all,
James

Hello James:

I think of you often and hope all is well, wonder what you've been
doing now that your not the evening concierge of the "P"?

I forget who posted the article originally, but I had one of those
visions, as with Chandra, it is haunting, and the facts that have
turned up thus far, tell me that the vision I had is more akin to
reality than not...you can read about her on www.mauramurraymissing.com
your Father James, would've had a field day with this case in the
media...

The state of New Hampshire has denied Fred Murray, Maura's Father,
access to the information regarding the accident that she was in
on Feb.09th/2004!? Saying that releasing the information might release
information vital to the case. Go figure...then the bloody judge had the
bloody nerve to tell Mr. Murray, "two years is not such a long time to
wait in such cases"! Heaven forbid that this Judge would have to walk
in Fred's shoes. This has been sent by the appeal court back to district
court, as the Supreme Court (or whatever it is call) Appeals Court
that the lower court has not made a case to keep the information
secret...I'm paraphrasing here!

The only information that the Murray's have to date, is what has come by
way of the good citizens of the area, and the Molly Bish Foundation
detectives....

The Molly Bish Foundation detectives hired an auto-reconstrutionist
(or there is one on the team) to analyze the damage done to Maura's
Saturn, and as it turns out it is now believed that Maura's car
did not sustain the damage that was done to the car, at the place
where the car backed up into a snow bank infront of the Weatherbarn.

James there are at least a dozen unsolved murders in the area, they
go back over 20 years or so, in fact, one woman Pauline Clark
was found in a very small brook drowned, and as the crow flies,
for all intents and purposes, they are about roughly in the same spot..
Less than a mile apart....also many women are missing around the
Northern New Hampshire/Vermont Boarder....

In fact Brianna Maitland disappeared under exactly the same circumstance
and worse, law enforcement, in both instances, failed to notify the
owner of the car in a timely fashion, or conduct any searches.

In Maura's case, law enforcement stated they did not know a woman
was driving the car, and did not contact Fred Murray until the next
evening! In Brianna's case (missing Burlington VT) area
the officer on duty that night had days off, and failed to pass on the
information, her car was registered to her Mother, Maura's her Father.

Many of the women murdered in the area, or who are missing, seem
to disappear after leaving a rest stop, or they were involved in accidents..

Let us know what you're doing James, I came out to Vancouver, and
the worst weather in a century, and many other headaches, the Atlantic
beacons me....I'm out of here like flint in the next few days, and can't
say I'll miss it......miss the banter of the Irish and that irreverent attitude
that, " I don't give a Fiddle's *&^% of the people at home, and those who
don't have a pot to %$## in and would share it with one another....

take care,
kate

p.s. James the area where Maura car was found is in the Jurisdiction
of Haverhill, local law enforcement, covers the area, and it is felt that
this is the reason that the car was dumped there, it is felt by many
that at this point Maura was not driving her car. For example, Maura
was a West Point Cadet, on scholarship to U of Mass in Amherst
Nursing Student...Maura had in the back of the car, safety equipment
given to her as a Christmas present, and we are to believe that such
an able minded person would place a towel in the tail pipe when the
car is backed up in a two foot snow bank, with head of car askewed
slight towards the centre line, in a westbound lane heading east...

There was wine splattered over the driver's door, headliner,
front dash and front seat, although it does not appear that apparent
from the pictures, and wine was placed in a soda can, which
I believe was outside the car, the wine nearly empty was in the back...
a (box)

Most important, Maura left behind expensive diamond jewerly given
to her by her beau, she left her clothing, and took allegedly a back
pack?!??!?

The witnesses at the scene, the statements are contradictory, Tim
Westman feels he saw a MAN in the car
smoking, he lives at the Weaterbarn
on route 112 about 4 miles east of Swiftwater...

A bus driver, Butch Atwood says it was a woman, how
the picture line up if there even was one was conducted
is not known. Mr. Atwood tells about 5 different version
of what he did when he got to the accident scene.
He states that the airbag was deployed and that he
could only see Maura from the face up, he did
not get off his bus, it was under the cloak of immense pitch of night
the moon had not risen yet...

Maura allegedly ran off, to Woodstock law enforcement feels
a run of 17 miles and the weather was -12 degree F, and Maura
who is a class A runner, just happened to leave her sneakers
along with the other things she'd be needing for the night
were in the back of the car....

When pigs fly, I'll believe this!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: jurisdiction Reply with quote

fallout,
checked with some of the local people in the area, and they
advised Maura did not go missing within the boundaries of
the White National Forest...and it is thought that her car was
involved in an accident close by, it is thought by some that
the car was moved to Haverhill, so that the Haverhill Police
would be involved and not the State Troopers? Just down the road
the state jurisdiction begins...

Perhaps the accident did occur in the White Mountain National
Forrest?
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Group offering $75,000 for information Reply with quote

http://www.telegram.com/article/20070806/APN/708060679

Monday, August 6, 2007
Group offering $75,000 for information on missing student

The Associated Press

HAVERHILL, N.H.— A missing persons' group is getting involved in the search for a Massachusetts college student who went missing in New Hampshire more than three years ago.

The group, Arkansas-based Let's Bring Them Home, is offering a $75,000 reward for information that could solve the mystery of what happened to University of Massachusetts nursing student Maura Murray.

Murray disappeared on Feb. 9, 2004. Her car went off the road on Route 112 in Haverhill but she was nowhere to be found when police arrived. Private investigators working on the case say they have several theories about what happened and have not ruled out that Murray may have been abducted or killed.

Let's Bring Them Home also has a toll free tip line to gather information about Murray's disappearance.

---

On the Net:

Let's Bring Them Home: http://www.letsbringthemhome.org
Sparta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This case has always stuck with me.

Did they ever find out about the alleged phone call that her boyfriend received a message of? Apparently the day after Maura went missing, her boyfriend who was in an airplane or something so his phone was off, he received a voice mail that seemed to be of someone breathing hard and moaning or crying.

What's the deal with this mysterious phone call? Any validity to it?
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did they ever find out about the alleged phone call that her boyfriend received a message of?

I'm familiar with the phone call but do not know the answer to the question. The case as always been one of mystery.

Peri would be a good resource as she always followed the case close. Maybe she will post in with the answer or it can be found on Maura's website.

Goz
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Still Missing after all this time 4 years plus Reply with quote

not much new in the development of solving what has become of Maura Murray missing now 4 years and counting! The police have been very closed mouthed about this case, they have never apologized to Maura's family for stating that she probably came to the White Mountains to commit suicide and have not kept the family posted on any developments in this case.

In the case of Maura gone missing in Haverhill, N.H. and Brianna Maitland from Burlington, V.T. both cars were found abandoned and in both cases the police failed to inform the owner of the car [in a timely manner] (Maura's father and Brianna's Mother) that their cars had been involved in an accident. Since the first 24 to 48 hours are cruicial in the investigation of missing person's it seems that the laws in each state should be universal that the owners of abandoned cars especially ones that have been involved in an accident should be notified immediately.

Just thought that I would add this comment to bring Maura's posts to the top of the this thread. As I and others contend someone knows something, please if anyone knows anything about Maura and the events of Feb. 09, 2004 on the 112 hwy. Haverhill, New Hampshire when her car was involved in an accident.......please offer this information to the local police, the Molly Bish foundation Dectectives, the moderators on Maura's site. www.mauramurraymissing.com

There is little hope that Maura is alive, or Brianna for that matter, and justice is an illusion, but for the families of missing person's I think that the healing cannot begin until families have the remains of their loved ones to bury. Someone knows something, stand up and be counted! There are so many persons missings, so many remains to be found. God do not forsake the weary who worry after the whereabouts of their loved ones, have mercy and hear the cries of the anguished.

kate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: