www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took the jury less than 3 1/2 hours to decide on the death penalty. The defense had argued that the death penalty should be reserved for "the worst of the worst". Apparently, the jurors agreed with him.

After the decision was read, the jury was finally informed that he had confessed to killing Joanna. I don't think that any of them will regret their decision.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=8101091
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, TJ. No regrets, and plenty of confirmation of their decision.

What a sorry chapter of life and death this has been. Thanks also to you, TJ, for guiding us through it.

This thread for Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson and the other missing women of Lubbock will remain up forever here in memorium.

rd
TJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for the Rogers family, though it isn't over yet for them. There will still be the appeal and the wait for the execution to take place, but I think the worst is over for them, that now they can focus on living again. Many in Lubbock are angry that RR is not being tried for Joanna, but I disagree - they have gone though too much already, they deserve some peace in their lives.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add my thanks to Nan for alll her posts and also to TJ.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the jury chose death. We need to keep these animals off the streets and get rid of these monsters for good.

Thanks for all the updates.

May Joanna rest in peace and all the other women. I hope the family can endure what is still ahead for them-- my best wishes and prayers go out to them.

Goz
TJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/040208/loc_264158870.shtml

A little more detail.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article TJ linked above, Summer Balwin's mother refused to call RR garbage, saying even he doesn't deserve that.

Very civil of her, I think.

If anyone is human garbage, though, it's RR.
TJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
From the article TJ linked above, Summer Balwin's mother refused to call RR garbage, saying even he doesn't deserve that.

Actually, I got the impression that she thought that would be an insult to garbage.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think you're right, TJ - he doesn't even deserve that (not, even he doesn't deserve that). Good point.
TJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The judge formally sentenced RR. If the average holds true, he will be executed - in 10.46 years.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/041108/loc_267352513.shtml
jane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a good think RR has been stopped in his tracks.

What is your impression, TJ, of how many other serial murderers have been at work in the Lubbock area? Do you think RR could have been responsible for most of the victims found in the area over the past few years or do you think there must be someone else as well? And then there is Jennifer, who has never been found - she lived and worked fairly close to Joanna, so it seems likely RR was responsible for her death.
TJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:

What is your impression, TJ, of how many other serial murderers have been at work in the Lubbock area? Do you think RR could have been responsible for most of the victims found in the area over the past few years or do you think there must be someone else as well? And then there is Jennifer, who has never been found - she lived and worked fairly close to Joanna, so it seems likely RR was responsible for her death.

I think at least two others, in recent years. It is thought that the girls (prior to Joanna) killed and left by the side of the road was the work of two different people, in spite of the similarity of the cases. We will probably never know if RR was involved in any more murders in the area, but I think it unlikely, unless he completely changed his methods over time. I don't think that is the case - none of the rapes or murders seem to have been premeditated. Something just triggered him, set him off at different times.

My gut feeling is that Joanna was his first murder, though he had been building up to it for years with an increasing level of violence and instability. I also think that if not caught, he would have continued to get progressively more into it, and would have continued these assaults more frequently and more violently.

I also believe it is highly unlikely that he was involved in Jennifer's disappearance. After several years of intense scrutiny, there have been no common associations found, no trace of contact by phone or e-mail between them, nothing to link them in anyway. Different schools, different circle of friends. The timing of the events are the only suspicious factors, but I believe strictly coincidental.
jane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your insight, TJ. Maybe RR was 'inspired' to get into the act from seeing how nothing led police to the murderers of the women found by the roadsides - that might have emboldened him.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thanks for your insight, TJ, but in addition to similarity of timing there is also:

- the similarity of abduction, disappearing from her boyfriend's house,

- similarity of same general area as Joanna's abduction,

- and similarity in location of Jennifer's workplace, in a small retail store on same main street north of small shop where Joanna worked.

In my opinion, Jennifer is also in the same landfill as Joanna and Summer were found.

Summer had no prior contact with Rodriguez, we know how he approached her on the street. And I think the computer contact with Joanna was one of many approaches Rodriguez took in setting up victims, not a pattern or MO.

I think it necessary to lure Joanna from her home late at night, but unnecessary when Jennifer could be attacked alone at her boyfriend's house as she was.

But I agree, I do not see Rodriguez performing the other murders of women and leaving them off the side of the road, meaning there are yet other serial murderers to catch who plied their evil in Lubbock.

rd
TJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
yes, thanks for your insight, TJ, but in addition to similarity of timing there is also:

- the similarity of abduction, disappearing from her boyfriend's house,
rd

Well, Jen disappeared in broad daylight, from her own home in the country (not her boyfriend's house). The other events were night time. I don't see the similarity.

rd wrote:

- similarity of same general area as Joanna's abduction,- and similarity in location of Jennifer's workplace, in a small retail store on same main street north of small shop where Joanna worked.

rd

You must remember, we are talking about Lubbock, not Dallas or Houston. A distance of eight and a half miles in a large city might be considered close - in Lubbock that is not necessarily true. There are several distinct neighborhoods separating the locations, including farm land. The same is true for the workplaces. I think you place undue emphasis on the proximity of their job locations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: