www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was so horrible and even very hard to read. I hope they make this son of a b. suffer.

Keep us posted.

God Bless and may the girls rest in peace

Goz
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guilty of capital murder. the jury is going back now to determine death or life in prison. either way, he's a dead man. the white supremicists will kill him before he settles in.
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think it could get worse.
It's gotten worse.

http://newsradio1420.com/newsradio/newsMaker.asp?storyID=10812

And today they announced they found a set of bones in a suitcase up in Oceanside. I'm so twitchy I had to write the Oceanside PD to let them know that RR was at Marine Corps training in 2004/05. They said the remains were really decomposed, so they don't know how long that person has been there. I guess every time I hear about a body in a suitcase now I'll be twitching.

They said he cried in court today. Poor baby.
jane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan said:
    They said he cried in court today. Poor baby.
Hi Nan - whenever I've seen these murderers cry, it always seems to be when they or someone else is speaking about the hard life they - the perpetrators - have had. Tears for the person they killed? Sometimes fake ones, but their tears usually flow more freely for their own 'pain' rather than anyone else's.

I wonder whether the teeth of the remains just found can be compared with dental records of missing people? You'd think LE agencies could come up with a way to do comparisons quickly using computers and an automated system. To compare things like DNA, fingerprints, palm prints, dental records to match up perpetrators with victims and John/Jane Does with people reported missing.
Nan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine they're doing that, Jane. Probably a big backlog or something....
jane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A body found in one jurisdiction matching a missing person in another juridsdiction can wait indefinitely, judging by some of the cases I've seen on TV documentaries - there doesn't seem to be much effort made to match them up. It would be nice if police would permit volunteers to do this, since there doesn't seem to be sufficient staffing to allow for this work to be done.
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the "Doe" network is pretty active. And pretty overloaded, I think.

This is all just so sad.
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can click on the news portion of that page - it looks like they've taken the specific link down. it was pretty graphic (if it's the one i'm thinking of) and described what he'd done to summer before he killed her.

kcbd.com
avalanchejournal.com

are also links.

The Rogers family may be on the stand on Monday, with the DA supplying info on what he did to Joanna.

Then the jury will decide what to do with him.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok Nan. yeah, thanks for sparing us the graphic horror of his acts.

The comfort of death row is way too good for someone like this.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't use his confession or anything associated with it. Damn. But they do have to be really careful to not do anything that can get this overturned later on.

~~~~~~~~

Prosecution Rests in Rodriguez Punishment Phase

Rosendo Rodriquez trial
3:07 pm
Christal Bennett

CANYON -- They've already found him guilty of murdering Summer Baldwin and her unborn child, and now jurors hear the name of a second person Rosendo Rodriguez reportedly killed.

Lubbock teen Joanna Rogers mentioned for the first time during the punishment phase of this trial, but the jury gets only about half her story.

Back in 2005, after Rodriguez was charged with Baldwin's murder, he reportedly confessed to the killing of Rogers as part of a plea deal to get out of the death penalty.

He later backed out on that plea, but Sheriff's Investigators were able to use information reportedly obtained in that confession to unearth Rogers' body at the city landfill, where Baldwins' remains were found. But jurors won't hear any of that.

Prosecutors steering clear of the reported confession and any evidence stemming from it, so jurors only hear testimony that investigators found Rogers' name on Rodriguez' computer and found his name in her list of AOL chat buddies.

An FBI agent testifies phone records indicate Rodriguez called Rogers twice the morning she disappeared in May 2004, making him the last known person to communicate with her.

The state also presents a fifth witness, who claims Rodriguez raped her, in this instance, statutory rape. The woman says she was 16, Rodriguez 23 at the time.

Defense attorneys are now calling character witnesses.

Jurors have two punishment options: life without parole or death by lethal injection.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, we can see Joanna wasn't the only young woman that Rodriguez targeted. Statuatory rape of a 16 year old as well.

This is new to me, Nan:

An FBI agent testifies phone records indicate Rodriguez called Rogers twice the morning she disappeared in May 2004, making him the last known person to communicate with her.

Sice she disappeared late at night, I'm not sure what morning means here. He called her late at night after midnight or the previous morning before she had gone to work?

Wow, and all I had seen before was his AIM nick on her computer and nothing else and had to say there's no way this is just a coincidence.

Was this from his confession? It must be I guess, there was nothing about phone records that I recall.

I hope what little they can say about Joanna ensures his death.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
well, we can see Joanna wasn't the only young woman that Rodriguez targeted. Statuatory rape of a 16 year old as well.

This is new to me, Nan:

Sice she disappeared late at night, I'm not sure what morning means here. He called her late at night after midnight or the previous morning before she had gone to work?

Wow, and all I had seen before was his AIM nick on her computer and nothing else and had to say there's no way this is just a coincidence.

Was this from his confession? It must be I guess, there was nothing about phone records that I recall.

I hope what little they can say about Joanna ensures his death.

rd

Yeah, and outright rape of at least five other women who testified. How much does it take to terminate this creature?

There were several AOL screen names of his that I was aware of. He frequented dating websites as well. After he killed Summer, he ran to his father's in SA and, aside from looking at coverage of her murder, was checking dating websites down there. Doesn't that make one's blood run cold?

No, it's from the cell phone records. The last call was about the time her dad heard the sound that the house makes when the outside door is shut. About 3:00am, I believe. So, he called her to set it up, then called her when he got there.....

The forensics/autopsy stuff on Summer Baldwin makes it very clear what he did to her before she died. It was horrific. I would imagine Joanna got much of the same treatment. I'm glad they didn't bring that out in court, for her parents' sake. The photos would have been their worst nightmare.

God, what a monster.

His father said in court that he beat his mother in front of him. Sorry, but I've known other people with abusive fathers who didn't turn out like him. His mother said he was a good boy and then passed out getting down off the witness stand. He jumped up to try to get to her, and the bailiffs had to restrain him (or something to that effect). And he cries in court over his mommy. How very touching. Not. He didn't give a damn about anyone else's mother when he did what he did. The ruined lives, the tortures, the murders, the shattered families.

He got his jollies torturing women. Degrading them. Then his ultimate kicks doing them while strangling them, to enjoy their death throes.

I say just hang him, and let God sort him out.

They need to get Jennifer out of that place. It's not right to leave her there.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said, nan. Ok, that's what made sense to me, calls late at night (very early morning) to arrange for her to go out to meet him.

She was awfully young to learn what kind of monsters prey on them.

Yet another example of enabling parents. We have seen a strong correlation between silent ex murderers, and this guy also used a quiet stealthy relationship to set up some of his victims, and pathetically enabling parents such as these sorry excuses for humanity, who make excuses for such a monster.

I will be adding that detail to the missing women's profiles for Joanna. I had to add an Enabling Parents line for people like this.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest, with a video feed.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=8097854&nav=menu69_2_9

The trial resumes (or has resumed, actually, now) today. They will formally read the charges, do the wrap-up presentations to the Jury, and then the Jury will deliberate.

But it will never be over, really. Not as long as people like this walk the planet. It'll just be when, and where, and who's next.

I don't think I'll be back here again unless something truly unexpected happens. May whatever god you choose to believe in bring home the missing, and keep the rest of our loved ones safe from creatures like RR. Take care. - Nan
rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you take care too, Nan. Joanna was lucky to have such a caring person looking out for her interests after being taken from us so young.

All the best to you, Nan.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: