www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gary Hilton tried to murder me in 1985
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lawyer doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed, does he...
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your story, written up in the newspaper, is very scary indeed RD. I am so thankful he did not scar you for life. Wonder what happened to your buddy, do you know?

The movie is certainly bizarre!!
Jane is correct, the lawyer is not the brightest guy around.

Everything about Hilton just blows me away.

I have a friend in Chamblee- she is elderly but I am going to ask her if she is following the news on Gary.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Chamblee is right above Clairmont and Buford where that attack took place in 1985. I only knew Bill as a neighbor in those apartments and only talked to him at length that one night, we were talking about developing some software for a business idea he had, and then he ended up in the hospital for quite awhile.

I only saw once more after that, at the hearing. He was recovering but his arm was still in a cast. Everything around his chest had been broken by the pickup running over him twice.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hilton and Rodney waited for their victims in the parking lot, attacking both men as they left the bar at closing. Hilton first beat and kicked the first guy Bill to a pulp and attacked the second guy Ralph with a large knife. "

Damn Rd! This sort of stuff hardly ever happens at Elaines!

Glad to know you prevailed.

Cheers,
James
jane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe rd will bring himself and his hooligan cohorts to Elaines sometime to spice things up for you, James! (Just kidding!)
annalyzer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallout wrote:
"Hilton and Rodney waited for their victims in the parking lot, attacking both men as they left the bar at closing. Hilton first beat and kicked the first guy Bill to a pulp and attacked the second guy Ralph with a large knife. "

Damn Rd! This sort of stuff hardly ever happens at Elaines!

Glad to know you prevailed.

Cheers,
James

Where did you see that quote above?

Dang Ralph, that's some scary stuff! Glad you was able to get away from that monster. I guess poor Meredith tried to fight him off too.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2008/03/22/hilton_0323.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That quote is from my post on previous page where I quote StrangeThingsHappen on zimbio.com talking about this thread.

yeah, annalyzer, I am lucky and survived due to be able to backpedal faster than he was swinging that knife at me. btw, I have been describing it as a big hunting knife but that ajc article calls the knife he pulled on Meredith a military knife.

Probably similar to the one he was carrying back then too. What he was talking about back then was killing and surviving in Nam, so probably was a military knife. It was big, I know that.

He was not carrying a baton back then. Might have been before the days of the collapsible ASP baton he carried.

I guess the fight Meredith put up explains why the baton was found next to the trail along with her dog leash. She may very well have dislodged it on purpose as he was struggling to take her away to leave a clue for the police.

Yes, Meredith died a hero.

rd

I'm going to post the msnbc picture of Meredith with her dog for the same article in remembrance.

rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, glad to hear that. I'll feel a lot safer when I meet you at Elaines knowing it's not a redneck biker bar on Buford Highway in Georgia. :)

Although the rednecks in there, Hilton and his friend Rodney, weren't bikers, they were driving a pickup. They give bikers a bad name.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more details on the history of Hilton and Rael and making a movie which Hilton dreamed up and then reenacted in real life.

from www.cnn.com (fair use)

Producer: Georgia killer made murder movie
By Rusty Dornin
CNN
March 14, 2008

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- When attorney-turned-movie producer Samuel Rael decided he wanted to make a film about a serial killer in 1995, it was former legal client Gary Michael Hilton who he says came up with the plot.

Rael's adviser was the same Gary Hilton who confessed in January to killing 24-year-old Meredith Emerson in the North Georgia mountains and is the prime suspect in the killings of a Florida woman and a North Carolina couple.

Rael claims Hilton thought it would be a good idea to have the killer be out in the woods.

"Go ahead and let some beautiful women out in the woods, and then they could be hunted down like prey," Rael says Hilton told him.

(snip)

It was Hilton, according to Rael, who found one of the film's prime shooting locations: a cabin in the mountains of North Georgia near the town of Cleveland. In the movie, the killer held women captive in the cabin.

Emerson's mutilated body was discovered in the woods 13 years later, 30 miles southwest of that location.
She had been held captive for three days before Hilton killed her.

(snip)

The similarities are haunting to Rael.

"To me, it's almost word for word. That's what was really scary about it," the filmmaker says.

Rael met Hilton in the mid-80s. Hilton hired Rael as his attorney when he was busted for trespassing on Atlanta city property. He was one of Rael's first legal clients.

Rael says he defended him on several charges over the years, including arson and false solicitation of charitable donations. The pair began to socialize more, Rael says, as he helped Hilton through his many legal battles.

Then in 1995, when Rael decided he wanted to make movies, his friend and client seemed to have plenty of ideas.

(snip)

Rael says the chilling similarities between his movie and reality have not gone unnoticed. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to talk to him, he said.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead said authorities have not been able to reach Rael to question him about their relationship and Hilton's connection with the movie.

Bankhead says they'd like to find out if any of Hilton's suggestions for the film directly match what happened in any of the cases in Georgia, North Carolina or Florida. He said Hilton, at this point, is not a suspect in any unresolved cases during the time the film was made.

Hilton was indicted February 28 for killing Cheryl Dunlap in Florida in 2007.

Prosecutors say the 46-year-old was kidnapped and her body was dumped in a national forest near Tallahassee.

click to read rest
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/13/hilton.movie/

© 2008 Cable News Network
annalyzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Yes, Meredith died a hero.

rd

Yes, she did.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Update- Hilton found Guilty Reply with quote

Well Hilton was already in prison but great to know he was found guilty of another murder and justice is being served. If you read the thread, one can see RD has a run in with this nut. Scary guy and glad he is off the streets. This man is a danger to society.

Rest in peace Cheryl.

Goz

Fair Use
Gary Michael Hilton convicted in murder of Florida nurse
By the CNN Wire Staff
February 15, 2011 10:24 p.m. EST

click link for story

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/15/florida.murder/index.html?hpt=T2

Snip
A 64-year-old man already serving a life sentence for the murder of a woman in Georgia was convicted Tuesday of a similar murder in Florida.

The jury in Tallahassee also found Gary Michael Hilton guilty on charges of kidnapping and grand theft in the murder of Cheryl Dunlap, said Florida State Attorney William Meggs.

He was found not guilty of stealing the car belonging to the 46-year-old nurse, whose body was discovered in December 2007 in Apalachicola National Forest, southeast of Tallahassee, Meggs said.

Snip
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is great news, goz.

May you rest in peace, Cheryl.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: the update on his sentence Reply with quote

I don't think we ever put the final sentence up on Gary Hilton.

Here is the link and conclusion.

Fair Use
Gary Michael Hilton gets 4 life sentences
12:34 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013 |
Filed in: Local News
AJC

snip
A drifter previously convicted of killing and beheading hikers in Florida and Georgia was sentenced Thursday to four additional life sentences in federal prison for kidnapping and murdering a North Carolina couple in a national forest.

snip

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gary-michael-hilton-gets-4-life-sentences/nXYP8/
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Comment Reply with quote

I was reading over this thread about Hilton and RD.. So thankful. This quote hit me by RD. (and pls sometimes we do have to make light of these tragic situations but we can be thankful this Hilton guy is not on the streets.

Quote:
James, glad to hear that. I'll feel a lot safer when I meet you at Elaines knowing it's not a redneck biker bar on Buford Highway in Georgia. :)

So true Rd. I have traveled the Buford Highway in GA to many times to mention. Redneck bars indeed though I have never been there but I have heard-- Rough Crowd, certainly not Elaines.. Lets all meet there.

Many biker bars in my hometown- not saying bikers are scary but some of these places I saw bands in left much to be desired.

Again, thank you Rd for sharing the story. We are lucky to have you here fighting for justice and of course, writing the book on Chandra.. (keeping her alive till justice is served)

May all Hiltons victims rest in peace.
See above pic of Meredith, she was so young and beautiful

Good day all
Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: