www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog "Bounty Hunter" Arrested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Dog "Bounty Hunter" Arrested Reply with quote

Let Mexico keep all the rapists then. What a bunch of crap!!!!! Now we are extraditing the good guys..

Duane "Dog" Chapman arrested by U.S. marshals
By MARK NIESSE, Associated Press Writer

(Updated Thursday, September 14, 2006, 4:35 PM)

Related Links
Dog the Bounty Hunter

Advertisements HONOLULU (AP) - This time, the Dog got bitten.

TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman and two co-stars on his bounty hunter show were arrested early Thursday in Hawaii on charges of illegal detention and conspiracy in the alleged kidnapping of a California fugitive three years ago.

Chapman, 53, son Leland Chapman and associate Timothy Chapman were taken into custody by 15 officers and did not resist arrest, said Mark Hanohano, U.S. marshal for the district of Hawaii.

"It went down without incident," Hanohano said.

Mona K. Wood, a publicist for the star of the popular A&E series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," said Chapman would be vindicated.

"He arrests the bad guys - and he is definitely not one of them," she said.

The charges stem from Chapman's capture of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Villarta, Mexico, said Marshals spokeswoman Nikki Credic in Washington. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Chapman's detention of Luster, who had fled California while on trial for drugging and raping three women, catapulted the bounty hunter to fame and led to the reality series on the A&E channel. Luster, who was convicted in absentia, is serving a 124-year prison term.

The three are being held in custody in Honolulu, and bail has not been set. They will face an extradition hearing to Mexico under terms of treaties between the U.S. and Mexico, Credic said.

Chapman's son Leland, 29, and Tim Chapman, 41, no relation, assist Chapman in exploits chronicled for the weekly TV show around the Hawaiian Islands. The show focuses on Chapman's family as much as the bounty hunting, which generally involves tracking down bail jumpers, often creating emotional scenes with repentant captives.

Charges have been pending against the three since local police in Mexico arrested them shortly after they roped in Luster. They posted bail but never returned to Puerto Villarta for their court hearing on July 15, 2003, Credic said.

Mexican authorities demanded that the Chapmans transfer Luster to Mexican police.

A U.S. warrant for their arrest was signed by a federal judge in Honolulu on Wednesday.

The three were to face a hearing later Thursday in federal court before U.S. Magistrate Judge Barry Kurren, Hanohano said. They were to be transported to a federal detention center near the Honolulu airport pending extradition.

"Dog the Bounty Hunter" is the A&E channel's top-rated show. It is currently in its third season, airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

"A&E supports Dog and his family during this difficult time and is proud of his role in helping to bring a convicted serial rapist to justice," said A&E spokesman Dan Silberman.

http://www.fresnobee.com/state_wire/story/12714336p-13410686c.html

GOZ
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Dog free on bail Reply with quote

Bounty Hunter 'Dog' Free on $300,000 Bail
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2006 08:45AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Duane "Dog" Chapman

Photo by: Lucy Pemoni / AP

<Snip>
"Dog The Bounty Hunter" star Duane "Dog" Chapman and two of his cohorts are now free on bail after spending Thursday night in a federal detention center for their 2003 capture of Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster in Mexico.

Before a packed Honolulu courtroom on Friday, Chapman, 53, his son Leland, 29, and Timothy Chapman (no relation), 41, were ordered to wear electronic monitoring devices and not leave their homes, except for work, until their extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico, the Associated Press reports.

Bail was set at $300,000 for "Dog," and $100,000 each for the other two men.
<Snip>

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1535660,00.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Source: AP - Home page computer

TV Bounty Hunter Grabs a Legal Victory
By JAYMES SONG

HONOLULU (AP) - The Dog remains unleashed - for now. Attorneys for TV reality star Duane ``Dog'' Chapman on Friday said the Mexican federal court has granted them an order that halts the criminal case against Chapman until further evidence and witness testimony are gathered.

U.S. Marshals arrested Chapman here on Sept. 14 along with his son Leland and another associate after Mexico issued a warrant because of his capture of fugitive convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Vallarta. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Chapman was released on $300,000 bail after spending a night in a federal detention center. He and his crew have been facing extradition to Mexico since then.

At a circus-like news conference Friday, the star of the popular A&E show ``Dog the Bounty Hunter'' said the ``tide is changing a little bit.'' His side of the story, he said, is finally being told to the court through his lawyer, William Boller, who spent the past month in Mexico.

``If it comes out right, would I do it again? You damn right,'' Chapman said.

The possible extradition has ignited an uproar among members of Congress and Chapman's fans, who consider him a hero for capturing a rapist and doing a job the government could not. Twenty-nine congressmen have sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition.

At the press conference, Chapman said Mexico is becoming a safe haven for American fugitives and killers.

``These guys know where to run. Where can we go so the Dog can't catch us?'' said Chapman, wearing a powder-blue dress shirt with rolled-up sleeves, black jeans, cowboy boots, a big silver bulldog belt buckle, a Rolex watch and mirrored Oakley sunglasses. He was not wearing an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet that a judge agreed this week to remove.

After the press conference, Chapman, 53, spoke with The Associated Press and reflected on his legal and personal challenges since his arrest.

``I'm too old to be traumatized, but it's right next to that. It's just incredible,'' he said.

The man who considers himself the best bounty hunter in the world said he still has nightmares about federal marshals banging down his door as well as the night he spent locked up.

``Jails are truly man-made hells,'' he said.

Chapman believed he was working within Mexican laws by having a local police officer supervising the hunt for Luster. Chapman said also that he left Mexico in 2003 and didn't return for a scheduled court hearing based on the advice of an attorney there.

After he left, Chapman said Friday, he was threatened by the attorney with additional legal problems in Mexico if he didn't wire him ``hundreds of thousands of dollars.''

Chapman's capture of Luster, who had fled the United States during his trial on charges he raped three women, catapulted the bounty hunter to fame and led to the reality series on A&E, the network's highest-rated series ever. Luster is serving a 124-year prison term.

On the Net:

Dog the Bounty Hunter: http://www.aetv.com/dog-the-bounty-hunter/

10/21/06 02:48 © Copyright The Associated Press.

Quote:
At the press conference, Chapman said Mexico is becoming a safe haven for American fugitives and killers.

A situation that must be stopped!!

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: 'Dog' Chapman Loses Extradition Battle Reply with quote

http://glclk.about.com/?zi=15/3Jx3

Dog' Chapman Loses Extradition Battle

Duane "Dog" Chapman of television bounty hunter fame has lost a court battle to fight extradition to Mexico to face charges relating to his capture of convicted murderer Andrew Luster in the country in 2003. The Guadalajara federal court decision can be appealed.
The Mexican court ruled there was no reason not to put Chapman on trial for illegally arresting the Max Factor heir in Puerto Vallarta. The charge against Chapman is illegal detention.

"We only just heard about the Mexican court's decision to continue with the extradition proceedings, and are still in shock," Chapman and his wife Beth said in a statement. "Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet. We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."

Chapman remains free on $300,000 bond. He faces a maximum sentence of four years if convicted, but his attorney said it is more likely he would pay a fine.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: The Dog's Legal Battles- Transcript Greta Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264523,00.html

Friday, April 06, 2007

This is a partial transcript from "On the Record," April 5, 2007, that has been edited for clarity.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: It's going to be quite a year for Duane "Dog" Chapman. Season four of his reality show, “Dog the Bunty — Bounty Hunter” premieres this Tuesday, April 10, on A&E. But as Dog continues hunting down fugitives he has his own problems to consider. Mexico wants him and not to hunt criminals, but to put him in the slammer. The Dog and two of his associates are still facing possible extradition to Mexico. They face criminal charges in Mexico for their 2003 capture of a fugitive Andrew Luster. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. Joining us live are Duane "Dog" Chapman and his wife, Beth. Welcome back to both of you.

DUANE "DOG" CHAPMAN, BOUNTY HUNTER: Oh, thank you. Thank you for having us.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, Dog, what is the latest on this whole — this Mexico problem?

CHAPMAN: Well, the latest is Mexico is now — has it in front of the appellant court and Mexico is deciding whether they want us back to face charges and misdemeanor charges of deprivation of liberty.

VAN SUSTEREN: Dog, do have any sort of time table? I mean, this has been lingering and hanging over your head for quite some time. Has anyone given you any idea of when there'd going to be a ruling?

D. CHAPMAN: Well, we're estimating, you know, around eight to 12 weeks. I mean, they have promised to hurry it up compared to what it usually takes in Mexico for an appellant — an appeal process, same as in America. But the Mexican court has said eight to 12 weeks before they make a decision.

VAN SUSTEREN: Beth, how troubling is this to you?

BETH CHAPMAN, BOUNTY HUNTER'S WIFE: It's very troubling. I wake up with heart palpations because it's just not fathomable that, you know, our country would allow all of these children be fatherless, the our tax dollars are going to fund and extradition hearing to send three American heroes back to Mexico. It's just not comprehensible.

VAN SUSTEREN: Duane — or Dog, I guess we should also talk about, I mean, sort of what started this is Andrew Luster, who I don't — who was charged with very serious crimes, a whole slew of them, ultimately convicted in California. During his trial, he took off and the Americans couldn't find him, they couldn't catch him to bring him back to trial so you went and got him.

D. CHAPMAN: Well, Andrew Luster was charged with 87 counts of rape — 86 counts of rape. We had several leads, he could be in Thailand, Mexico, America, Spain. We had four different crews out, we happened to picked Mexico. We hired what we thought to be a Mexican police officer who went with us. We headed, you know, we found Andrew Luster, was taking him to a jail and the road block was set up. After we were arrested and Andrew Luster was verified who he was, he was taken out of the country of Mexico within one day, so we never got a chance to face our accuser. The only person they say is mad at us or is pressing charge against us is Andrew Luster. Mexico says, you know, that they're not really mad at us, that they're looking at it. The victim, I guess, in the case is Andrew Stewart Luster who says that we deprived him of his liberty. So, 3 and a half years went by and, you know, we came back to America and the federal marshals came to our residence, my son, my brother and of course I and Beth, and arrest me for kidnapping, a felony, and conspiracy, another felony.

B. CHAPMAN: Which had been dropped.

D. CHAPMAN: We never charged with any felonies in Mexico, ever. We were charged with a minor crime called deprivation of liberty. All of a sudden three years go by and "blam" they hit us with, you know, now you're being charged with kidnapping and conspiracy. As it went on we posted bail, a half million dollars, we're out on bail as it goes on, then all of a sudden someone said wait we made it mistake this shouldn't be a felony, this should be a misdemeanor, we don't know how kidnapping even got on the warrant. We don't know basically what we're doing.

So Mexico is looking at it now in their appellant court and looking to see some reasons, you know, why he was apprehended, was he really Andrew Luster, not the alias he was using, David Carrera, was this guy really sentenced to 126 years in prison, was this guy really a bad guy? So, that's what we're kind of waiting on right now is for Mexico to make a decision to, you know, to set us free. We never got a chance, Greta, to tell Mexico our story because we were told by our lawyer it was OK to leave, we could pay a fine later, it was a minor crime. And of course, September of last year, you know, that became a — not a reality, it became, all of a sudden were under arrest for two felonies that we, still to this day, have not been and cannot be charged with.

B. CHAPMAN: Charged with. Right.

VAN SUSTEREN: You know, Beth, it's sort of mind boggling when you think about it. You would think Mexico would be ecstatic that someone came and picked up a guy who had been convicted of 86 rapes and got them off their streets. And I understand, you know, we're a nation of law in Mexico is a nation of law. But I mean, when the magnitude of the crimes of Andrew Luster, I mean, it's just mind-boggling that the — that, you know, they're even — that you guys are going through this.

B. CHAPMAN: Well, and you know, what's even more mind-boggling is that, he was found with date rape kits, he was found with handcuffs, he was found with his video camera, he had GHB. The Mexico authorities absolutely knew that he was partaking in that activity down there in Mexico, preying on American tourists. He absolutely rid the country of this scum and the thing always boggles me about this "deprivation of liberty," as you know, Greta, he was convicted in absentia, so he wasn't a bail jumper, he wasn't America's most wanted, he was an escaped prisoner from the California penal institution, thereby and had no liberty.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, well season four starts — when — it starts next week — Dog.

D. CHAPMAN: Yes, listen, thank you, Greta. Season four starts next Tuesday night on A&E. And you know, we're still out catching fugitives and this is the most traumatic thing, ah, that I've ever went through, but we're still out there, you know, busting the bad guys and it's, you know, you never — when you're self is on TV you don't like to brag about yourself and say it's a good show, so I'll say that my family, Beth and the camera guys, did a great show for season four.

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, I tell you one thing. I looked at the numbers of viewers and I'm telling you, the viewers have voted. It is — you know, you had an awful lot of viewers. So, they — the viewers say it's a great show.

D. CHAPMAN: Thank you.

VAN SUSTEREN: Dog, we'll be watching all these criminal issues. Beth, come on back as soon as we get this cleared up with Mexico. Thank you both.

Comments: When one sees the crimes Luster committed we all should be thankful, as Mexico should be that Dog took Luster off the streets as he was probably drugging and raping women there too. Hoping they do not extradite Chapman or his family members.

What do you all think of this situation?
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Tonight: Lifetime M.N- Trial And Capture of Luster Reply with quote

Date with Darkness-
The Trial and Capture of Andrew Luster

Lifetime Movie Network

Check your local Listings

From Gretas Interview With Chapman

Luster's Crimes and Information on the case:

Quote:
D. CHAPMAN: Well, Andrew Luster was charged with 87 counts of rape — 86 counts of rape. We had several leads, he could be in Thailand, Mexico, America, Spain. We had four different crews out, we happened to picked Mexico. We hired what we thought to be a Mexican police officer who went with us. We headed, you know, we found Andrew Luster, was taking him to a jail and the road block was set up. After we were arrested and Andrew Luster was verified who he was, he was taken out of the country of Mexico within one day, so we never got a chance to face our accuser. The only person they say is mad at us or is pressing charge against us is Andrew Luster. Mexico says, you know, that they're not really mad at us, that they're looking at it. The victim, I guess, in the case is Andrew Stewart Luster who says that we deprived him of his liberty. So, 3 and a half years went by and, you know, we came back to America and the federal marshals came to our residence, my son, my brother and of course I and Beth, and arrest me for kidnapping, a felony, and conspiracy, another felony.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Charges Against Chapman Dropped Reply with quote

The Mexician Courts dropped all charges against Dog Duane Chapman yesterday and his crew in regard to the arrest of Andrew Luster. The prosecutors may appeal up until Aug. 8.

A wise move by the Court System. WTG Dog.
May Luster suffer behind bars forever.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Chapman is a racist Reply with quote

Chapman, the Dog has a tirade. Even though nobody should have access to your private conversations, I or nobody should us that word. His show is being canceled as of now. Chapman admits to the deed though so the rag magazine did not lie. And Please, why do we need Al Sharpton for this incident! Another apology to the Al is coming. Soon all of the crew will be lining up.....

What do you all think?

Audiotape of Chapman using racial slur
This section documents a current event.
Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.

In 2007, when referring to his son's black girlfriend, Monique Shinnery, Chapman was taped using strong language including the word "nigger". Chapman and his son, Tucker, are both white. ref>http://ww.tmz.com/2007/10/31/dog-chapmans-hate-filled-tirade/</ref> This audiotape had been obtained by the National Enquirer and has lead civil rights leaders to call for a cancellation of the program. [7]

Late on October 31st, A&E's parent company A&E Networks announced that they have suspended production of the series for the time being[8];

“ A&E has just learned of the story released by the National Enquirer concerning Duane Dog Chapman.
We take this matter very seriously. Pending an investigation, we have suspended production on the series. When the inquiry is concluded we will take appropriate action.

Of course this is all a bunch of political correct BULLSHIT. The man should not lose his show over a PRIVATE CONVERSATION.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_the_Bounty_Hunter

Other refs. are available
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: 'Dog' Chapman's Son Taped and Sold to Tabloid -Tirade Reply with quote

'Dog' Chapman's Son Taped, Sold N-Word Tirade to Tabloid, Says Lawyer

<snip>
HONOLULU — Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly, then sold it to a tabloid for "a lot of money," Chapman's lawyer said Thursday.

"I guess because of whatever level of anger he had of his father, he felt the need to express it in that manner," attorney Brook Hart told The Associated Press.

Tucker Chapman could not be reached for comment; no one answered the telephone at a Honolulu number listed under his name.

Click here to listen to the rant

The National Enquirer on Wednesday posted on its Web site a clip of a conversation in which Duane Chapman, star of the hit A&E series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," repeatedly used the N-word in reference to Tucker's girlfriend.
<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307498,00.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Charges dropped Reply with quote

All charges have been dropped against (Dog) Duane Chapman and his crew by Mexico. I am glad to report this as catching Andrew Luster was well worth breaking any law.

More on this story when I am able to post the link and another story Dog is involved with.

Happy Weekend
Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: story Reply with quote

Note: please let me know if my links are not correct with my new program anyone, thanks- Goz

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/30/dog.extradition.ap/index.html

<snip>
Wed January 30, 2008

Bounty hunter won't face charges in Mexico Story Highlights
Duane 'Dog' Chapman can't be extradited, Mexican judges rule

HONOLULU, Hawaii (AP) -- Duane "Dog" Chapman cannot be extradited to Mexico to face criminal charges in his capture of serial rapist and fugitive Andrew Luster in 2003, a three-judge panel in Mexico has ruled.

The TV bounty hunter, his son Leland Chapman and associate Tim Chapman faced being sent to the resort town of Puerto Vallarta, where they captured Luster, who had jumped a $1 million bond on charges that he drugged and raped three women.

"He's a free man," Chapman's San Francisco-based attorney, James A. Quadra, said in a telephone interview late Tuesday. "They can't reinstate any criminal charges and as a result of that, there's no basis for them to then seek extradition."

Luster's disappearance during his trial in California set off an international manhunt by police, FBI and bounty hunters trying to recoup some of the bond money. After his capture, he was taken back to the U.S. to serve a 124-year prison sentence.

Because bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, prosecutors in that country charged the trio with detaining Luster and asked U.S. authorities to arrest Chapman and his colleagues and send them to Mexico.

"The three of them -- Duane, Leland and Tim -- have always been absolutely certain they did the right thing and proud of what they accomplished," Quadra said.

A judge in Mexico dismissed the deprivation of liberty charges in July, ruling prosecutors had taken too long in their attempts to bring the trio to trial. But Mexican prosecutors appealed the ruling.

"We are ecstatic that this nightmare is finally over, and happy to see the Mexican justice system works," Chapman and his wife, Beth, said in a statement. "We can all now move forward."

Quadra said Chapman and his crew could return to Mexico one day.

"Dog loves what he does. He likes to capture the bad guy. If a bad guy is in Mexico, who knows what Dog will do in the future," he said. "At this point, he wants to relax and enjoy the fact he doesn't have this hanging over his head. The future will bring what the future brings, but I don't think Dog is going to sit quietly."

The A&E network put Chapman's "Dog the Bounty Hunter" show indefinitely on hold last November after a private phone conversation between the reality star and his son Tucker was posted online.
<snip>

I do not think we will see Dog return to TV after his fall from grace.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: News Reply with quote

From Geraldo Sat. 2/2/08

There was some rumor that Dog was going after Cpl. Cesar Armando but he kind of denied it on TV. He seemed to state he had friends who may be able to help hunt him down.

(See Marine Maria Lauterbach case) He is the suspect in her case that we think (well we are sure) murdered her and her unborn child. He has been on the run from authorities and spotted near Mexico.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Dog will be back on the air soon Reply with quote

I do not watch the program but for all that do. Remember the network had suspended the show due to Chapman's racial rant.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/19/fugitives-you-better-run-the-dog-is-back/

Fugitives You Better Run -- The Dog is BACK!
Posted Feb 19th 2008 12:37PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned that Duane "Dog" Chapman will be back in business and back on the air on A&E. Woof!

A network official confirms to TMZ that the show is going back into production, but they've not yet set a premiere date. As of now, they're gearing up -- big time -- in Hawaii and production will begin ASAP. Makeup artists and camera crews have been hired, and houses and cars have been rented, all for the return of the show.

A&E had suspended production on "Dog the Bounty Hunter" indefinitely after a recording surfaced featuring Chapman making racial slurs. Chapman immediately began a tour of forgiveness, working with CORE and other groups to promote racial equality. We're told network execs were "very pleased" with Dog's attempt to make amends and his reaching out to members of the African American community.

A&E isn't just making this decision out of the goodness of their hearts either. The show was insanely popular for the network, here and internationally -- airing in over 20 countries.

Comment:

I had no idea this show was so popular and shown in so many countries either. I actually thought it was terrible myself. I am happy with the work the "DOG" does though minus his rants.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: