www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denise Amber Lee Abducted from home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Denise Amber Lee Abducted from home Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323809,00.html

Mother of 2 Believed Abducted From Florida Home
Friday, January 18, 2008

<snip
NORTH PORT, Fla. — Charlotte County authorities on Friday were looking for a 21-year-old woman they believe was abducted from her home.

Denise Amber Lee is thought to have been taken on Thursday from North Port, where her husband found their two young children alone in the home.

Later Thursday, authorities arrested Michael Lee King, 37, who they believe snatched Lee, the daughter of a Charlotte County sheriff's lieutenant. But there has been no sign of her.

Authorities said King was evoking his right to remain silent and was not cooperating with police.
<snip>
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: another link- more on this story Reply with quote

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/jan/17/woman-reported-abducted-suspect-sought-north-port/

<Snip>
Daughter of detective reported abducted; suspect caught with shovel charged with kidnapping
SUSAN E. HOFFMAN, Charlotte Sun staff
Originally published 09:14 p.m., January 17, 2008
Updated 08:31 p.m., January 18, 2008

Authorities continue search for possibly abducted daughter of detective

Authorities plan to resume the search at daybreak Saturday and have scheduled a press conference for an update at 9 a.m.

Deputy Chief Bill Cameron of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office said Charlotte and Sarasota county sheriff’s offices are coordinating the ground search on Saturday. North Port Police Department is in charge of the investigation. The plan is to search in same area off Salford Boulevard.

Authorities said this afternoon they are treating this as a rescue operation and they are hopeful they will find her alive.

The search for a missing North Port woman also now includes Manatee County.

Manatee County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dave Bristow said North Port Police have asked sheriff’s deputies here to help search for Lee. They have been searching a site off State Road 301.

- - -

Michael King was charged with kidnapping this morning and booked into the Sarasota County Jail without bond, North Port Police Capt. Robert Estrada said.

As Estrada walked out of the North Port Police Department this morning the press cornered him and asked him dozens of questions about King's alleged abduction of a 21-year-old North Port woman who is still missing.

King was taken to the jail at about 7 a.m.

Estrada told the press King is an outdoorsman and area law enforcement agencies continue searching areas off Salford Boulevard near Interstate 75. Officers set up a command post near there. Officers are using ATVs, officers on horseback and K-9 units to search the uninhabited, wooded area.

Officers have search warrants for King's house and the car they took into custody. That car is at the North Port Police Department. Officers were reportedly searching his home on Sardinia Street by 9:45 a.m.

POSTED at 7 a.m.

Authorities are searching for a 21-year-old woman who was believed to have been abducted from a home in North Port Estates on Thursday afternoon by a man in his 30s.

At 9:20 p.m., Florida Highway Patrol reportedly had a suspect, Michael King, in custody at mile marker 178 on Interstate 75 southbound. However, the abducted woman was not with him. FHP reported King was "completely soaking wet." According to police, they found a shovel in the vehicle, also wet, as well as a woman's ring.

After being taken into custody, King claimed he himself had been kidnapped, then told authorities he was represented by counsel and would not answer any questions.

K-9 units and dozens of law enforcement officers were searching nearby lakes and wooded areas where tire tracks had been observed. The search was called off around 2 a.m.

According to the North Port Police Department, Denise Amber Lee, 21, was last seen mid-afternoon Thursday. When her husband came home to their Latour Avenue home, he found the couple's two children there but his wife was missing.

According to North Port police, the suspect, King, lives on Sardinia Avenue. He was said to be driving a 1994 green Chevy Camaro, with a black bra attached to the front.

Sometime Thursday evening, King reportedly visited a relative of his who lives off Biscayne Drive. The relative told police he saw a woman tied up in the car. King reportedly asked the relative for a shovel, a gas can and a flashlight, which the relative gave him.

Police also reported the woman was able to make a call to 911, using her abductor's cell phone without his knowledge. She said she had been kidnapped and was unable to see.
<snip>

Comment:
This story does not look like it will have a promising outcome. Let us all pray it does. I think I read her father is a narcotics officer so maybe King had a beef with him and took his daughter.
*Sidenote FUp- A stay-at-home mom, Lee is the daughter of Richard Goff, the former head of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office narcotics bureau.

Information Line:
Anyone with information on this case is urged to call North Port police at 941-426-3111.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Body Found Reply with quote

The remains of Denise have been found and King has been charged to date with kidnapping. At least this time the husband did not kill his wife. I feel sorry for him to have lost his wife and soul mate.

May Denise rest in peace.

I wonder what King's motive was to kill Denise and if she did know him or if he is just another psycho like all the rest of them. I hope he gets the DP.

<snip>
NORTH PORT, Fla. — Authorities in Florida said Sunday that they have identified human remains found in a wooded area as that of a 21-year-old woman missing since Thursday.

Denise Amber Lee was reported missing on Thursday after her husband came home to find their two young children alone. The remains were found buried Saturday afternoon.

A distraught Nathan Lee tearfully said life would be difficult without his wife.

"Denise was my soul mate and my best friend, and I will never ever forget about her, and her sons, our sons will always remember who she was. I will miss her so much , and I don’t know how I will go through the rest of my life without her," Nathan Lee said. "But I have so much support and I appreciate it so much."

Authorities later arrested Michael Lee King on kidnapping charges. The 37-year-old is being held without bond at the Sarasota County Jail.
<snip>

<snip>
Authorities said King was evoking his right to remain silent and was not cooperating with police.

They also said they had no indication whether Lee knew King.
<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324048,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: