www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clintons' Chappaqua Neighbor Charged With Murdering Wife

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Clintons' Chappaqua Neighbor Charged With Murdering Wife Reply with quote

Another man kills his wife and tries to cover it up. It's a shame so many women are not wanted and this is the method to get rid of them. I'm so glad he was caught. This guy went as far as shooting himself to make it look like they were attacked. Reminds me of the Charles Stewart case (?) if I have the correct name. We can pray that there will be justice in this case since there is evidence and a body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317730,00.html

<snip>
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — A neighbor of former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Rodham Clinton was arrested Thursday and charged with murdering his wife, who he claimed had been shot by a stranger on a dark suburban road.

Carlos Perez-Olivo, a disbarred lawyer who was wounded in the Nov. 18, 2006, shooting, faces one count of second-degree murder and two counts of illegal weapon possession. If convicted, Perez-Olivo, 59, would face up to life in prison.

Peggy Perez-Olivo, 55, was shot in the head as she and her husband were driving from Manhattan toward their home just three doors from the Clintons in Chappaqua. The teacher's assistant at a Chappaqua school died two days later.

Prosecutor Perry Perrone, who argued against bail for Carlos Perez-Olivo, called the killing "a cold-blooded, well-planned execution" and said there was a "compelling circumstantial case, a compelling forensic case" against him.

"All investigative roads led to one person and one person only," Perrone said.

Perez-Olivo's lawyer, Robert Buckley, said his client "maintains his innocence, as he has all along."

Westchester County Judge Jeffrey Cohen sent Perez-Olivo to jail pending a Friday court appearance.

Carlos Perez-Olivo, 59, was shot in the abdomen when his wife was fatally wounded. He said the shots were fired by a man who cut off their sport utility vehicle on a dark road, then climbed into the vehicle and shot both of them.

The road they were on, Route 100 in Millwood, would not normally be part of the route home, but Perez-Olivo told police they had detoured to find a gas station. He said that despite his own wound, he was able to drive to Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco after the shooting.

Perez-Olivo was questioned for hours at his home and at police stations in ensuing days. Police released a sketch based on his description of the gunman, but one investigator described his account as "unusual sounding."
<snip>
jane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also similar to the Marshall case, the subject of Joe McGuiness' book "Blind Faith" (he also wrote "Fatal Vision" about the Jeffrey MacDonald case).

excerpt from Wikipedia article
    According to Robert Marshall, on September 7, 1984, he and his wife Maria had pulled into a deserted picnic area on the way home from a recreational trip to Atlantic City, New Jersey. Marshall claimed that another driver pulled in behind them and that he [Marshall] was knocked unconscious while changing a tire. He awoke to find that his wife had been shot to death in the front seat of their car.
Marshall left piles of evidence in the form of telephone records of his dealings with a Louisiana hitman etc., because he was so sure of his carefully-honed public image as a loving husband and family man - he didn't think anyone would suspect him for a minute.

When 'solving' their money (through insurance) and marriage problems in one fell swoop, these guys don't shy away from considerable physical pain so they can play the part of co-victim with their fatally-injured wives.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jane

That was the other case that came to my mind too and I just couldn't remember his name. I read the book and saw the movie. Marshall is a real creep, as you know. If I remember correctly he wanted another woman and to free himself of debts. A very sad case esp. for his children yet I must say a good read.

The Diane Down's case is another example of the same type where the killer played the part of the co-victim only she shot her children to win back her married lover. Ann Rule's book "Small Sacrifices" tells this story.

Happy Holidays
Goz
jane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz. Yes, I saw the movie based on "Small Sacrifices". Horrible. Of course, there are exceptions, but with men it's usually the wife that's got to be rid of, where with the women, it's the kids. Very sad.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1226/insurance_ap.html

<snip>
Updated Dec. 26, 2007, 8:11 a.m. ET

Disbarred attorney who lives near Clintons denies killing wife to collect insurance

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — A disbarred lawyer who lives three doors from Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton says he's being "abused for publicity's sake" after being charged with murdering his wife.

In a jailhouse interview with The Journal News, Carlos Perez-Olivo insisted he's innocent.

Perez-Olivo, who lives in Chappaqua, was arrested Thursday in what a prosecutor called a chilling "execution" of his wife, Peggy, on Nov. 18. Perez-Olivo also was shot, in the abdomen.

Perez-Olivo says he and his wife were attacked by a stranger who forced their sport utility vehicle off the road in suburban Westchester County. He has suggested a disgruntled client orchestrated the assault.

Prosecutors say Perez-Olivo, 59, shot his wife in the head after pulling over on the dark road. They have declined to disclose a possible motive.
<snip>

Quote:
Perez-Olivo has tried to collect on his 55-year-old wife's life insurance policy, but insurers held back because he was under suspicion.

"I am outraged, I am hurt. I feel I've been abused for publicity's sake," Perez-Olivo told The Journal News in a story published Tuesday.

What a load of crap! I'm outraged, he is outraged. Of course he wants the money....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: