www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cynthia Wallace case in Oakland similar to Nina Reiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Cynthia Wallace case in Oakland similar to Nina Reiser Reply with quote

Here's another arrest of an ex in Oakland where the missing woman hasn't been found. This is the same area as Hans Reiser is currently undergoing hearings to stand trail for Nina Reiser's disappearance and murder. (See Noted coder Hans Reiser arrested for wife's disappearance).

And of course, Laci Peterson and her baby finally washed up on shore not far away.

rd

from www.insidebayarea.com:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_5313674

Man charged in girlfriend's slaying
Missing woman failed to attend family's 2004 Thanksgiving dinner
By Harry Harris and Kristin Bender, STAFF WRITERS
02/27/2007

OAKLAND — Nearly 2 1/2 years after Cynthia Wallace went missing after failing to show up for her family's traditional Thanksgiving dinner, her boyfriend has been charged with killing her and disposing of her body, police said Monday.

The body of the 50-year-old woman, a mother of five and a small-business owner, has not been found since Nov. 25, 2004.

Prosecutors on Monday filed murder charges against Eric Mora, 50, who police believed killed her at a relative's Rockridge house and used a Mercedes Benz to move her body.

It was the second time in recent months murder charges have been filed against someone even though the victim's body has not been found. In October, Hans Reiser was charged with killing his estranged wife, Nina Reiser, who vanished in September.

Hans Reiser's attorney, William Du Bois, is also representing Mora but he could not be reached for comment Monday.

Police said key evidence against Mora includes some of Wallace's blood recovered from a room where Mora lived and witnesses who contradict his statements about when he last saw her.

He also had multiple scratches on his hands when police first contacted him a few days after Wallace's disappearance, as if he had recently been in a fight with someone.

"We have physical evidence and he lied about certain things," homicide Sgt. Derwin Longmire said Monday.

Terresa Jones, the victim's 30-year-old daughter, said Mora and Wallace had gotten into fights where he became violent with her.

"I never felt a good vibe from him since my mom had met him and I'm not like that with people," said Jones, of Stockton. "Hewas just always weird, so I never wanted to talk to him. But my mom was dealing with him, so I tried to be nice to him."

Jones said she went to talk to Mora the day after her mother disappeared.

"When I got up to his house, I asked him where she was and he just looked very nervous. His hands were shaking, he had a very scared look on his face. He said, 'I haven't seen your mom in two weeks,'" Jones said.

Jones said she is happy he has been arrested.

"It's a big relief, but the thing about it is we just don't know what had happened," she said.

Longmire said police believe Mora picked up Wallace the afternoon of Nov. 25, 2004, at her Martin Luther King Jr. Way apartment and drove her to his brother's split-level home in 6200 block of Brookside Avenue, where he was living.

Police suspect Mora, who is on probation for a drug conviction, attacked her in his room and either shot, stabbed or beat her to death and then drove her body to a remote area, where he disposed of it.

He then returned to the house — which is up for sale — and tried to get rid of the blood by wiping it away and sanding the floor. Blood was found on at least one wall, police said.

Mora, who was arrested Thursday, denied to Longmire and his partner Sgt. Todd Crutchfield that he killed Wallace or saw her that Thanksgiving Day. He could not explain why her blood was in his room.

But Longmire said the evidence police have disputes Mora's claims.

The two met two years before she disappeared. Wallace had told at least one person in her apartment building that Mora was her boyfriend, and that he was going to take her to her mother's house in San Francisco for Thanksgiving dinner, police said.

The same apartment building resident told police Mora arrived Thanksgiving Day in his blue Mercedes Benz convertible to pick Wallace up. Wallace was never seen again.

The day after, Wallace's son and daughter reported her missing to Oakland police, saying she had failed to show up to dinner and no one had heard from her, which was highly unusual.

Missing Persons investigators first had the case and on Dec. 8, 2004, Mora told them he had dropped Wallace off at a liquor store a few blocks from her apartment a few days before Thanksgiving and had not seen or heard from her since that time.

He agreed later to take a "voice stress examination," which police use to note deception, but he later declined to take the exam.

Longmire said homicide investigators took over the case in early 2005 and served a search warrant at the Brookside home. Police said Mora did not work, and lived off an inheritance.

The floor in his living area had been sanded but blood was found on a wall as well as evidence that someone had tried to wipe away.

Two rugs in the room also were missing, police said.

Longmire obtained some personal items belonging to Wallace for a DNA comparison and police serologist Todd Weller confirmed that the blood was Wallace's.

Mora later moved out of the Oakland house and for some time no one had contact with him. Police believe he lived in another state for awhile.

Last week police obtained a probable cause arrest warrant for Mora. He was arrested in Jack London Square by the Targeted Enforcement Task Force.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've got an assembly line going in Oakland of prosecutions against silent ex's, with William DuBois playing Geragos' role.

rd

from cbs5.com (fair use)
http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/2007/09/10/n/HeadlineNews/BOYFRIENDS-HEARING/resources_bcn_html

OAKLAND: HEARING FOR BOYFRIEND IN ALLEGED MURDER OF MISSING WOMAN
kpix tv
September 10, 2007

A woman testified today that she suspected her mother's boyfriend shortly after her mother failed to show up for her family's traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner nearly three years ago.

Taking the witness stand in the preliminary hearing for Eric Mora, 50, on charges that he murdered 50-year-old Cynthia Wallace on Nov. 25, 2004, Terresa Jones, Wallace's daughter, said she was suspicious because the couple had been going through "relationship problems" for about four months.

In fact, Jones said Mora called her on the phone a few days before Wallace disappeared to say, "They were arguing constantly and wanted advice on how to deal with her (Wallace)."

Jones, 30, who lives in Stockton, said she told Mora that after two years of dating her mother "you should know her personality by now" and that "if you guys aren't getting along, you don't need to be together."

Jones said, "The number of fights were increasing and I told my mother they should break up."

Jones said she went to the house in the 6200 block of Brookside Drive in Oakland where Mora and Wallace lived with Mora's brother and asked him, "Where's my mom?"

She said Mora told her that he hadn't seen Wallace for two weeks, but she told him that wasn't true because he had told her in their phone conversation a few days earlier that she had been with him that day.

Jones said Mora "was real shaky and nervous" and "I had a bad feeling."

Jones said she also noticed that a rug in the room at Brookside where her mother lived with Mora was missing.

Prosecutors charged Mora with murdering Wallace even though her body never was found.

Oakland police say Wallace's blood was recovered from the room at Brookside and Mora had multiple scratches on his hands after Wallace disappeared.

The apparent death of Wallace bears several similarities to that of Nina Reiser, a 31-year-old Oakland woman who was last seen alive on Sept. 3, 2006.

Reiser's husband, 43-year-old computer science engineer Hans Reiser, is accused of murdering her even though her body also has never been found.

Hans Reiser's attorney, William DuBois, also is representing Mora.

And Alameda County Superior Court Judge Larry Goodman, who will preside over Reiser's trial when jury selection begins next week, also is presiding over Mora's preliminary hearing.

Testimony in Mora's preliminary hearing will resume on Tuesday.

The purpose of the hearing is to determine if there's enough evidence to justify ordering Mora to stand trial.

click to read story
http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/2007/09/10/n/HeadlineNews/BOYFRIENDS-HEARING/resources_bcn_html

© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: No Body but a Crime Reply with quote

Seems like the trend continues RD- "no body, no crime" but I don't think it is going to make much of a difference in many of these cases anymore. I'm sold on the fact this slime ball did it as I'm sure the jury will be.

I won't quote everything again as you have it all in bold print but this says volumes.

Quote:
Police said key evidence against Mora includes some of Wallace's blood recovered from a room where Mora lived and witnesses who contradict his statements about when he last saw her.

He also had multiple scratches on his hands when police first contacted him a few days after Wallace's disappearance, as if he had recently been in a fight with someone.

"We have physical evidence and he lied about certain things," homicide Sgt. Derwin Longmire said Monday.

If one reads what you posted, it contains the evidence gathered. He is such a liar, but aren't they all?

Thanks for finding the case which is similar to Han's for various reasons.
*No body being the first reason.

Let us hope they nail them both.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: