www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor's Wife Convicted of Murder Plot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Doctor's Wife Convicted of Murder Plot Reply with quote

Another woman who is guilty of hiring her boyfriend to kill her husband for his money. The nerve of her to perform CPR in a fake attempt to save her husband's life so she could pretend she was innocent!!
Guess her and her boyfriend left enough evidence with the exchange of phone calls on the day of the murder. They are yet to determine if she will get the death penalty.

http://glclk.about.com/?zi=15/3tsI

From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

Doctor's Wife Convicted of Murder Plot

A 48-year-old Pennsylvania woman has been found guilty of murder-for-hire for enticing her 25-year-old drug addict lover into killing her 69-year-old wealthy doctor husband. Donna Moonda, who was also convicted in federal court of interstate stalking and using a firearm in the commission of a violent crime, may face the death penalty.

Gulam Moonda, a wealthy urologist, was shot in the head on May 13, 2005 after his wife pulled their car over on the side of the Ohio turnpike to let him drive near Cleveland. Damian Bradford confessed to shooting the doctor in the side of the head.

Dr. Moonda was still alive when paramedics arrived because Donna Moonda, a nurse anesthetist, performed CPR after he was shot, keeping him alive. The defense argued during the trial that proved she was innocent of the plot to kill her husband.

The defense said Bradford was a convicted drug dealer who robbed and killed Dr. Moonda in a steroid-fueled rage.

But prosecutors said Bradford and Donna Moonda met while in drug rehab. They showed the jury a series of phone calls and text messages that exchanged between the two on the day of the murder, up until the time they left for their trip.

Prosecutors said Donna Moonda had gotten tired of her husband, but not his money. Evidence showed he was worth more than $3 million and had life insurance totaling $676,000.

The same jury will return July 16 to determine if Moonda will get the death penalty. Bradford pleaded guilty to interstate stalking and a gun charge and is expected to be sentenced to 17 1/2 years in prison.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Update, man who killed Dr. is sentenced and sorry Reply with quote

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0711/bradford_ap.html

Man who killed doctor for lover's inheritance sentenced to more than 17 years in prison

AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A man who shot and killed a wealthy doctor for the promise of half of his lover's inheritance was sentenced Wednesday to 17 1/2 years in prison following his guilty plea.

Damian Bradford apologized in federal court to the doctor's family, saying he regretted killing Dr. Gulam Moonda, who had never even spoken to him.

"I can't express how sorry I am for the action that occurred. I made the decision to do what I did," Bradford said.

Prosecutors agreed to the plea in exchange for Bradford's testimony against Donna Moonda, who was convicted last week of murder-for-hire in her husband's slaying.

Bradford testified that he followed the couple from their home in Hermitage, Pa., and pulled behind the Moondas' Jaguar as they stopped along the Ohio Turnpike. He said he ran to the passenger side of the car and shot the doctor.

Prosecutors argued Moonda, 48, grew tired of her marriage and offered Bradford, 25, a share of her husband's estate if he killed the 69-year-old doctor. Her defense argued Bradford acted alone.

The doctor had more than $3 million, plus life insurance policies totaling $676,000.

Bradford, of Monaca, Pa., had faced 30 years to life in prison on charges of interstate stalking and using a firearm to commit a violent crime.

Donna Moonda's sentencing hearing is scheduled July 16; she could receive the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

Her attorney, Lawrence Whitney, said the fact that Bradford, the triggerman, received just 17 1/2 years in prison would be an important factor in asking the jury to spare Donna Moonda's life.

A letter from the doctor's nephew, Faroq Moonda, asked the judge to impose a sentence against Bradford worthy of his crime. The letter described Gulam Moonda's rise from poverty in India to prosperous life in America as a respected urologist who donated money to schools and charities and sent money to relatives in India.

Prosecutors read the family letter, then asked for the agreed-upon sentence, noting that Bradford's cooperation helped convict the doctor's wife.

Bradford, a former drug dealer and abuser who met Donna Moonda in drug rehab, said he thinks daily about taking the doctor's life.

"If I would have gotten away with it or not, I don't think I would have been able to live with this feeling in my gut," he said.

Comments: At least this guy states he feels some remorse which is rare to even hear from anyone who murders. He may not mean it, wouldn't know that, but most murderers are never sorry or won't admit anything nor do they have feelings. His testimony did help bring Dr. Moonda's wife to justice.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: