www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Conn. Girl Found in Hidden Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Missing Conn. Girl Found in Hidden Room Reply with quote

So far the information I heard on the news was the name has not been released, will search tomorrow for it. Her parents were business acquaintances of the scumbags who were arrested. The girl was a known runaway and the cops who went there with the warrant did not expect to find her alive. Thank God she was. Also, I heard that 3 people were arrested. More to come on this story.

I'm sure by now the victim's name has been released as I located the story this morning and heard it updated this evening. How very sad she was locked in a hidden room. I do not know if she was allowed out.

Gozgals

Missing Conn. Girl Found in Hidden Room

(from the homepage of computer)

BLOOMFIELD, Conn. (AP) - A 15-year-old girl missing for nearly a year was found Wednesday locked in a small hidden room under the staircase of a West Hartford home, and two people who live there were arrested, police said.

Bloomfield police said they found the girl alive in a room blocked from view by a cabinet. They had gone to the home with West Hartford police to serve search warrants for DNA and other evidence.

Adam Gault, 41, was charged with second-degree unlawful restraint, second-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree custodial interference, interfering with an officer, risk of injury to a minor and second-degree forgery. He was being held on $500,000 bond.

Ann Murphy, 40, was charged with conspiracy to commit second-degree reckless endangerment, conspiracy to commit second-degree custodial interference and risk of injury to a minor. She was held on $100,000 bond.

Police said they expect to make additional arrests. The girl was in protective custody and being examined by medical personnel.

06/06/07 15:53 © Copyright The Associated Press
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so bazaar!

There was a 15 year old boy in the house as well....they're not sure who he belonged to.....what I find interesting is the comment that the guy they arrested said about "having made a business transaction with her parents a year before......"....

WHAT?
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Updated link Reply with quote

It is truly bizarre!!!! I have an updated link I will post so we can get more of the story. I heard on the news last night there will be more charges against the suspects.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/13454935/detail.html

Missing Girl Found In Hidden Room
15-Year-Old Missing Since Last June

POSTED: 3:29 pm EDT June 6, 2007
UPDATED: 11:38 pm EDT June 6, 2007

BLOOMFIELD, Conn. -- A 15-year-old girl missing for nearly a year was found alive Wednesday, locked in a small, hidden room behind a trap door located under the staircase of a West Hartford home, police said.

Bloomfield police said they were executing search warrants to collect a swab of a man's DNA and seek other evidence at 258 Newington Road with the assistance of West Hartford police at about 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday. They instead found the girl, identified as Danielle Erica Cramer, 15, of Bloomfield, who disappeared on June 14, 2006.

Police arrested two women, Ann Murphy and Kimberly Cray, and a man, Adam Gault, who live in the house. For more about the suspects and what police found in the house, click here.

Channel 3 Eyewitness News reporter Len Besthoff reported police were not expecting to find the girl. One investigator told Eyewitness News they weren't sure they would find her alive and that they were amazed when they did find her.

West Harford police Capt. Lori Coppinger said the door to the room was hidden behind a dresser and is the size of a cubby hole. Coppinger said the girl was sitting in the room when officers discovered her.

An officer found Danielle when he slid the dresser back to reveal a locked door. The officer said, "Lieutenant, you better get in here," Coppinger said.

"She could've been the victim of a homicide, we never gave up hope nor did we ever investigate in a fashion that would have presumed that, ... but when we went to do today's search warrants, it unfortunately was under the belief that she was the victim of a homicide," said Bloomfield police Capt. Jeffrey Blatter, in charge of operations.

"This poor child has been through a lot."
- Capt. Jeffrey Blatter
Bloomfield Police Department

Blatter said he could not comment on the girl's state of mind and physical condition when she was found. She was being examined by medical personnel.

Coppinger said the girl was very quiet when police discovered her. Police said they also discovered a 13-year-old boy living in the house, who they later identified as a son of one of the two women arrested.

Police said they do not know whether Danielle was held against her will and said she could have gone willingly to stay with Gault.

"We do not believe she was in that room for the total year. We're looking into details right now to find out what extent she was held," Blatter said.

Police Comb Through House

Bloomfield police went to the home with West Hartford police to serve search warrants for DNA and other evidence. Besthoff reported police later obtained another search warrant for the house and investigators have collected several boxes of evidence, bedding and a loaded handgun.

Police said they had been to the home before to question Gault but never got passed the front door (More).

Channel 3 Eyewitness News reporter Diana Rocco reported it took a while for the door to be answered when police knocked on Wednesday morning.

The Search For Danielle

Channel 3 Eyewitness News reporter Jamie Roth reported Cramer's case had grown stale. Police said they tried to trace phone records and talked to friends in the case.

"Monthly, there would be re-discussion on it, so it was only closed for short periods of time; a better term would be suspended, pending additional information," Blatter said.

Police described Danielle as a habitual runaway who had disappeared for days four or five times before. When she returned, police said, Danielle would not tell police where she went.

Police said Danielle's parents are victims in this case, saying they have been very cooperative in the case. Danielle lived with her mother, stepfather and a brother and police said drugs were involved around family members, but not her parents.

"Unfortunately, this juvenile was in a lifestyle that was not the greatest," Blatter said. "This was a child from troubled circumstances and she found what she believed to be a friend and from there, we're still questioning to find out exactly point she went missing."

Roth reported that police said allegations were made that Danielle was victimized by others who exerted tremendous influence on her.

"There were other people who could want to see harm to this child. ... This poor child has been through a lot," Blatter said.

Neighbors told Eyewitness News they had never seen the girl living at the house.

"I could cry I could cry for her family and I could cry for her because you're only a child once in your life," said Linda Abel, a neighbor.

"It's scary. It's really scary, you don't think it would happen in your neighborhood," said Louise White, a neighbor.

"All circumstances considered, I'm pretty happy with the physical condition that she's in. I'm just happy we've found her," Bloomfield police Lt. Matt Willauer said at the scene. "We have a lot more investigating to do."

State Department of Children and Families spokesman Gary Kleeblatt said the agency has joined the investigation.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: update from the news Reply with quote

I heard on the news last night that in the girl's diary it stated the man was having sexual relations with her. I find this so utterly disgusting! I'm sure he will be charged accordingly. Also, I think it was said the cubicle was 7ft x 3 ft. (don't quote me I was writing it as they were speaking quickly) This is just a horrible story.

The parents (even though she was had runaway on many occasions) never gave up hope their daughter would come home and are very happy she is back.

I'm sure it will take a long time for Danielle to recover from this whole ordeal. Maybe it was a case of the Stockholm Syndrome too, yet I feel they loosely throw that term around in these cases. Who knows what how an older man can influence a child with problems...

Gozgals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: