www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

18 yo Kelsey Smith abducted in Kansas store parking lot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: 18 yo Kelsey Smith abducted in Kansas store parking lot Reply with quote

This is just like Jennifer Kesse was abducted in my opinion (see Jennifer Kesse, 24, missing from Orlando), and similar to Dru Sjodin (see Dru Sjodin disappeared after leaving her job at North Dakota). As society gets more crowded and anonymous, we're just going to have these predators roaming around looking for victims.

We don't have enough cages in the desert to drop these scum into. It's time we got as serious about taking scum off the streets as they are hunting for their next victim.

Only sheep would forget and move on. Let's not forget Kelsey Smith and move on without doing something about it. Take predators off the streets.

Build as many cheap cells in the desert as it takes. Give them some room in each cell, that's where they'll stay, and child proof communications, but cheap as in drop in MRE's and forget them, not Kelsey.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page

from www.foxnews.com

Surveillance Video Shows Missing Kansas Teen Being Forced Into Car
Fox News
June 05, 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278054,00.html
Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: 18 yo Kelsey Smith abducted in Kansas store parking lot Reply with quote

rd wrote:

Only sheep would forget and move on. Let's not forget Kelsey Smith and move on without doing something about it. Take predators off the streets.

This is a man after my own heart....

I'm trying hard to become one of the SheepDogs.......when I'm there I'll do everything possible to profile and help....

This I promise to you, and all the others out there......
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled Kelsey Smith- they have a really clear picture of the POI-

Another link shows:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=455

Kelsey Smith is Missing

Kelsey Ann Smith, age 18, has been missing since the evening of Saturday, June 2, 2007.

According to the Kansas City Star, the recent graduate from Shawnee Mission West High School was last seen leaving a Target department store south of Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, Kansas. Kelsey was supposed to be on her way home.

She never made it. Kelsey’s car, an ‘87 Buick Regal, was found in the parking lot outside the Macy’s at the mall, 2 hours after Kelsey left the Target. Kelsey, 5′6″ with long brown hair and brown eyes, was last seen wearing a pink top, black shorts, and sandals.

Kelsey phoned her mother at a quarter past 7 p.m. Saturday night to let her know she was on her way. Kelsey was to attend a graduation party that night. Kelsey was known to be a responsible young woman and it was this combined with the fact that there was a party she planned to attend that raised the alarm early.

A person familiar with the situation e-mailed me and said that Kelsey’s family is, understandably, “beside themselves.”

The same person was able to confirm that this is Kelsey Smith’s MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/bandbaby2007.

Kelsey didn’t really seem to use her MySpace profile all that much. She did list some of her interests, and they included, “marching band, choir, theater, ” and books like The Lovely Bones and Pride and Prejudice.

Kelsey listed her place of employment as AMC Theaters, but my e-mail contact said that they believed that she worked for a veterinarian.

Kelsey Smith also apparently had a Xanga journal that she began in 2003:

http://www.xanga.com/BandBaby2007

A little more about Kelsey could be found there — an entry made in June of 2006 showed that she was no dummy, and a young woman who held herself to some pretty high standards. A portion of that entry:

I wanted to get a 26 on the ACT I got a 25 and I did better in Math than I did in Science. What the crap? That’s stupid! I want a recount! Oh well I’m disappointed in myself and now I’m gonna have to retake the stupid ACT GOSH!

As senior year began, Kelsey’s excitement was palpable: “I am officially a FRICKIN SENIOR!!! HECK YES!”

After August, 2006, she didn’t use her Xanga much. Most likely the demands of senior year and planning for college got in the way.

Where could a girl like Kelsey be? There was no sign of anything untoward, any unusual instability in her blog entries. The way Kelsey wrote about it, mostly she dealt with the kind of drama familiar to generations of teens in their last year of high school. She often seemed to laugh such things off, if her blog entries from 2005 and mid-2006 are any indication.

Seeing that Kelsey listed The Lovely Bones as a book she liked on her MySpace page, I recalled that the novel by Alice Sebold was about a girl who was kidnapped, brutalized, and murdered by a serial killer. The story was told from the deceased girl’s vantage point in heaven, as she watched those still alive cope with losing her.

I hope there will be no dark and terrible irony later in Kelsey having liked that particular book.

The search is ongoing in the Kansas City (MO) area for Kelsey Smith. Any updates will be posted below.
About this entry

You’re currently reading “Kelsey Smith is Missing,” an entry on CrimeBlog.US

gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping they find Kelsey Smith alive and it's not to late. Any news yet on the location of the POI? At least they got a clear picture of him and the last I heard/read a few leads on the guy.

She is such a beautiful young lady.

One day we can only hope this stops happening to our women and girls but I doubt it. Society is out of control. We have to stop letting criminals out of prison with a slap on the wrist....

Prayers for the family.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelsey's body has been found. There is a massive manhunt going on for this predator and the pickup truck he was seen in.

Just the old worthless make the prison sentences longer doesn't work. They run out if jail space and money and let people out anyway.

Build as many thousands of cheap jail cells in the desert as it takes. Drop in MRE's. Should only cost a few hundred dollars a year to store them till they go to hell.

Give them a good sized cell, an exercise wheel, child proof internet with a low bandwidth connection and no video/flash, and email, and let them talk amongst themselves through bars all they want, but cheap prisons and no guards to bribe, no expensive manpower to watch them and move them around, no letting them out.

We need to make it way cheaper to store them away than to let them out... assuming you can put a price on the loved ones they take from grieving families.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd, Goz, Skipper, Sherry et al. I saw Nancy Grace tonight on Kelsey's case and it kept showing a dark grey pickup truck being backed out of a ditch. I'm not sure whether the truck was left near the body (I may be totally off - no one seemed to be commenting on the video of the truck.)

I just want to add how enraged I am about the guy in the videotape (if he is the abductor/killer, which seems very likely). Also the guy in the other video who parked Jennifer's car and marched away. And the one who took little Carlie Brucia - it's not that these cases are any worse than any of the others, but just seeing these filthy pieces of garbage showing their faces - thinking of the contrast between their nauseating character and that of their lovely victims. You really want to reach into the video and grab these miscreants and remove them forever from the face of the earth.

Carlie's killer has been sentenced to death and I can't wait for the same to happen to the others.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane posted:
Quote:
I just want to add how enraged I am about the guy in the videotape (if he is the abductor/killer, which seems very likely). Also the guy in the other video who parked Jennifer's car and marched away. And the one who took little Carlie Brucia - it's not that these cases are any worse than any of the others, but just seeing these filthy pieces of garbage showing their faces - thinking of the contrast between their nauseating character and that of their lovely victims. You really want to reach into the video and grab these miscreants and remove them forever from the face of the earth.

I'm so angry too Jane and you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm so tired of all this. I can't wait for them all to get the DP. Good job on what you wrote. I could not have said it better. They have such nerve how they just snatch these people right off the street, without thinking of the consequences and go on living. It has just become out of control. They are pieces of ----! We have a duty to stop this. Maybe Rd is right, Prison's are overcrowded and they serve no purpose anymore!! Life means parole, and they usually get out in most cases, or the sentences are a joke.

Thanks for what you wrote Jane and all.

So sorry to read the outcome of this case. Just sickened by it. I had heard on the news as soon as I posted that I was praying she was alive. I was so sorry I knew what the outcome was going to be but was hoping just one time it would be different for the young ladies sake and her family. Maybe this time they will catch the perp. quickly and string him up.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Suspect Arrested! Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278777,00.html

<snip>
Authorities arrested a suspect Wednesday night for the kidnap and murder of 18-year-old Kelsey Smith, who disappeared from a Target parking lot in Overland Park, Kan., on Saturday.

Police believe 26-year-old Edwin Hall was the man who appeared on a security camera video following Smith out of the store and forced her into her car.
<snip>

At least this slimball was caught quickly. Now the process can begin.

Prayers to Kelsey's family.

Gozgals
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gozgals wrote:

We have a duty to stop this. Maybe Rd is right, Prison's are overcrowded and they serve no purpose anymore!! Life means parole, and they usually get out in most cases, or the sentences are a joke.

There are times when I wonder why we don't use the "eye for an eye" concept.......if you're caught red handed or without a doubt killing someone, then you should pay with your own life, right then and there.....it would take care of so many issues.....

I have a theory about the death penalty that I'll share with the rest of you some day, but being a CJ major I HAVE to keep my mind open to the CJ system.

I'm glad they found her. I'm glad her parents aren't going through the same hell that most of these other parents and friends and families have gone through with all the other missing people, drolling on for years and years with unanswered questions....no closure.....

She's safer now than she could ever have been on this earth. Another shining star joins the others above us.....
Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting twist:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3423378&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Like I stated before, there are so many people out there missing........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: