www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sue Ann Ray Missing GA August 2005-Cousin missing too!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Ray's Father Co-indicted in Murder Reply with quote

I forget to add this article to this section on SueAnns murder. This just sickens me how the family could have helped in her death, yet I felt that was the case all along. I'm betting that more of Quinton's relatives were involved too and that will come out in time. This blows my mind how his father could take could take part in killing his daughter in law. What a legacy for poor SueAnn's child. I hope they throw the book at all of them.

My prayers go out to Danny- SueAnn's family, and her daughter. I hope that SueAnn can rest in peace now.

------------------------------------------------------------Article below

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76410

Ray's Father Co-indicted in Murder

Reported By: Duffie Dixon
Web Editor: Michael King
Last Modified: 2/21/2006 7:59:16 AM

A father has joined his son in jail, accused of a heinous crime. It’s the latest twist in the case of a Woodstock woman missing for months, then found murdered.

The grand jury handed down an indictment against Quinton Ray for the murder of his estranged wife Sueann, but it's the other suspect they named that's got everyone talking.

Danny Jenkins, Sueann’s father, has had his worst suspicions confirmed.

“You know, amazing how a family can just you know just to kill somebody. Take somebody's life. Take the mother to their grandchild," Jenkins said.

Not only do investigators think her husband Quinton Ray killed her, they say his father helped.

“They did this horrible crime to my daughter, horrible things they did to her and they need to pay," said Jenkins.

In early February, an undercover tip led authorities to the body of Sueann Ray. They quickly arrested her estranged husband.

Now in the three-page indictment, details emerge.

Quinton Ray is accused of kidnapping, then murdered Sueann Ray at his home in Jasper. Investigators say he and his father then moved her body and buried it in a shallow grave. Then there's Sueann's minivan. It was found at a Wal-Mart nearly an hour away.

Quinton Ray and his father are charged with ditching the vehicle -- in other words tampering with evidence. The exact scenario Sueann's father has suspected from the beginning.

A funeral for Sueann Ray will be held march 3. In lieu of flowers, they'll ask people to contribute to a scholarship fund for Sueann's young daughter.

GG)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice will finally be served, over and over we see that the last person to see a suspect is usually the person who has done harm to the missing person. May she rest in peace, and may her daughter and family/friends find some comfort from this henious crime. Hopefully the father and son tag team will not be seeing the light of day again, other than in the penitentiary yard. My deepest regards to family and friend.

One begins to wonder if Ray knew Sue Anne's cousin who had been murdered 10 years before, just a thought?
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ex pleaded guilty today. Kevin Rowson of 11Alive News reports the gory details of a tape recorded call the ex made with a police informant. It gives some insight into the mind of a silent ex.

In exchange for the guilty plea, the ex gets two consecutive life terms but is eligible for parole in 20 years???

Dru Sjodin's (see Dru Sjodin disappeared after leaving her job at North Dakota) abductor and murderer served more than that before he got out and started roaming for victims again. Only took him a few months before he attacked again and murdered her, after serving more than 20 years for sexual assault on multiple women.

Is anyone paying attention?

rd

from www.11alive.com (fair use)

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=97424

Man Admits Planning Wife's Murder
Reported By: Kevin Rowson
Web Editor: Tracey Christensen
May 22, 2007

(snip)

In exchange for not receiving the death penalty, Quinton Ray admitted to killing Sue Anne Ray, 26, and then burying her body in a wooded area in north Cherokee County. He received a sentence of two consecutive life terms in prison and will not be eligible for parole for 20 years.

During the court hearing Tuesday, a transcript of an audio taped conversation was released in which Ray talked with a confidential informant after his wife’s murder.

On the audiotape, Ray told the informant that he planned Sue Anne Ray’s murder for six months before carrying it out because she was having an affair with another man. As part of the planning, Quinton Ray started to exercise so that he could be physically strong to carry her body into the woods to bury her inside a grave he dug five months earlier. Ray said that before he killed her, he told her that she could fight but that her struggle would do no good. It took him 90 seconds to strangle Sue Anne Ray, Quinton Ray said during the call.

The Medical Examiner ruled in August of 2005, after her body was found that Sue Anne Ray died of asphyxiation.

(snip)

The couple's young daughter is now being raised by Sue Ann Ray’s family.

Copyright ©2007 WXIA-TV Atlanta
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: ticked off Reply with quote

The son of a ------------- Planned the murder. I hope he never gets to walk the streets again. 20 years is too short of a sentence for what he did and the planning that went into the crime. What a shame. He should never be released. I'm horrifed. He is lucky they did not put him to death.

Thanks for the update Rd. This case really ticked me off.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: follow up on Ray's dad Reply with quote

Also, wanted to add that Ray's father was also charged with covering up this crime. I think he deserved a prison term but that was not the case. This seems so unreasonable. The system was just very unfair. This is totally ridiculous considering he picked up Quinton Ray after he killed his estranged wife from the Walmart where the van was parked.

Snip
Ray's father, Harold Daniel Ray, accused of helping cover up the murder, also pleaded guilty Tuesday. He was sentenced on the charge of hindering the apprehension of a criminal to five years probation and 132 hours of community service.
Snip

http://www.cherokeetribune.com/articles/2007/05/23/306/10259541.txt

Gozgals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: