www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michelle Young murdered....flashes of Deja-vous..Laci

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Michelle Young murdered....flashes of Deja-vous..Laci Reply with quote

Radio: FL Woman Searched In Wake Young Murder Case

Raleigh Chronicle Story
From Staff And Wire Reports
Friday, December 8, 2006 6:45pm
Updated Saturday, December 10, 2006
CORRECTED

ORLANDO -- According to a report on Orlando, Florida radio station WDBO 580 Newstalk Radio, a woman in the town of Ocoee has been served with a search warrant as part of the murder investigation of Michelle Young of Wake County, North Carolina.

Young, age 29, was found dead in November from blunt force trauma at her home 5108 Birchleaf Drive and was pregnant at the time.

According to the radio news report which was broadcast today, search warrants allege that Michelle Money, of Ocoee, Florida, had a three-month relationship with Jason Young, the husband of Michelle Young.

The radio station did not say what type of relationship the two had and it should be noted that Money and Young could have just been friends or acquaintances. However, the radio station did say that the warrant alleges that the two "spoke daily" presumably by telephone.

The radio station further reports that investigators searched Money's home and her computers for clues regarding the case. The station said that the warrants allege that the two had known each other since Money had spent time at NC State University. No other details were offered.

Police have not named anyone as a suspect in the case, which has received much media attention.

According to the Wake County Sheriff's Department, they verified that Jason Young was out of town in Brevard, NC at the time of the discovery of Michelle Young's body.

In a report on November 8th on WRAL TV5, the Sheriff's Department confirmed that "Young had left town Thursday night for a business trip and was at his parents' home in Brevard when his sister-in-law found Michelle Young's body Friday afternoon."

However, Sheriff's detectives did search his car and reportedly collected personal evidence from Young such as fingerprints and DNA evidence upon his return.

The Wake County Sheriff's Department has publicly stated that they have interviewed more than 100 people across three states during the ongoing investigation. :::

Editor's Note: An earlier version of this article that was posted over the weekend incorrectly stated that the Wake County Sheriff's Department verified that Jason Young was in Brevard "at the time of Michelle Young's death."

One of our reporters worded the sentence incorrectly and the article should have said "at the time of the discovery of Michelle Young's body."

Despite the minor wordage change, there is an obvious important and major difference between these two events and we apologize for the error and corrected it as soon as it was related to our staff.

According to our sources, the Wake County Sheriff's Department has confirmed that Jason Young was out of town when his wife's body was discovered, but detectives have not publicly released information beyond that except to say that they have interviewed witnesses in regards to the case, citing the ongoing investigation.

If you are a member of the CourtTV message boards group that has discussed this case, please post this correction to the group as we noticed several forum readers visited this article and may have relied on the initial incorrect information.

Young, age 29, was found dead in November from blunt force trauma at her home 5108 Birchleaf Drive and was pregnant at the time.

Photo From Brown-Wynne Funeral Home
now at over 100 locations!

rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate, I take it the Orlando (Ocoee) girlfriend was not accounted for during Michelle Young's murder, unlike the husband, who made himself scarce at the time far away in Florida. Criss-cross.

For the same reasons Laci and her baby were murdered.

Money, and money.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I only have one question if anyone can answer it since my links are gone-----
Was Jason, the husband in town the night of the murder? It is a little confusing or was he out of town the day of the murder or only when the body was found? I know he is not making himself available.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goz, from the corrections the paper made, I would say the police are not saying what they know or think about the husband's whereabouts around the time of the murder.

That's just my take based on their need to correct the statement to that he was in Florida when she was found murdered rather than around the time she was murdered.

As if they don't know where he was when she was murdered. I doubt the police do either.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: His movements, seems we can't be certain Reply with quote

Anyone's guess Goz, think law enforcement is keeping things
under wraps, and likely a very close eye on the Mr. and his belle!?
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: response and People Mag. link Reply with quote

I definitely agree Peri about LE keeping the information to themselves.

I don't know if you get the same copies of People magazine where you are but I saw a copy of this months, (or this weeks, don't know if it is a monthly or weekly mag) on the shelves in the supermarket and Michelle's story was on the front of the copy.

I looked it up online. Here it is but you can't read it. I did not read the story. Someone may want to pick up a copy.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/image_gallery/1133597/

At least if you hit the link you can see the images. The story is unreadable.
Maybe I will buy a copy. The case does resemble Laci and Scotts.

Good day all.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: The Line-Up Reply with quote

I watched "The Line-Up With Kimberly Guilfoyle" on Fox in the middle of the night. They discussed Michelle Young's case. A panel was on that included a forensic psychologist and a detective (I think). Do not quote me on the exact nature of the guests, it was pretty early in the morning here.

In summary: The detective said it was one of the most brutal crimes he has ever witnessed. Michelle was struck many times to the head and face, and also strangled. The forensic guest stated to the effect that it was a rage killing. Nobody ruled the husband out, yet they didn't directly point Jason as being the killer. The question was asked of the Dr. I assumed from the response they alluded to the fact they believe Jason is involved with her death.

I believe the husband is the killer but more evidence is needed to make an arrest.

If transcripts become available, I will post.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,246883,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

No Arrests Yet in Beating Death of Pregnant North Carolina Woman
Thursday, January 25, 2007

RALEIGH, N.C. — Michelle Young's 2-year-old daughter was found wandering around the house, tracking blood all over. Mommy has "boo-boos everywhere," the little girl said.

The child's words only hinted at the horror upstairs: Her mother, five months pregnant with her second child, lay dead in the master bedroom, her skull fractured, her face smashed, blood splattered on the wall and a lamp.

Nearly three months later, sheriff's investigators appear to be looking at Young's husband in the killing. But they won't call him a suspect. He is not talking. And authorities are almost as quiet.

"We don't want to say things that might interfere with a fair trial of someone who might be charged at some later point," said District Attorney Colon Willoughby.

Although it has been overshadowed by the Duke lacrosse case, the slaying of the former North Carolina State cheerleader has captured the public's attention in the Triangle — the booming Durham-Raleigh-Chapel Hill area of college students, pharmaceutical company scientists and executives, and other young professionals.

An autopsy report released this week concluded the 29-year-old brunette probably died of blows to the head and appeared also to have been strangled. Some of her teeth were knocked out, and her jaw was broken in several places.

Young died in the $379,000 home she and her husband bought less than two years ago in a neighborhood south of Raleigh. Jason Young, 32, works as a salesman, while his wife was a tax analyst at a utility company.

Details about the investigation have mostly come from court documents, which indicate police are looking closely at Jason Young.

Michelle Young was planning to cut back on her hours, and the court documents indicate the couple were having financial troubles. Jason Young, the papers say, was listed as the beneficiary of a "substantial" life insurance policy that covered his wife.

He was also in near daily contact with a Florida woman, and investigators are looking at cell phone records, videos and digital photos — including trying to recover photos that had been deleted. They seized a computer hard drive.

On Nov. 3, Jason Young left a voice mail for his wife's sister, asking her to go to the house to retrieve some documents. The sister found Michelle Young's body, and discovered her daughter, Cassidy, wandering around. There were no signs that someone had broken in, and authorities have said Young's slaying was no random act.

Authorities searching Jason Young's Ford Explorer found two unidentified blood droplets inside, along with a hotel receipt for Nov. 2. The hotel's location was not disclosed in the warrant, although Sheriff Donnie Harrison has said Young was about 200 miles away visiting family in the mountain town of Brevard when his wife's body was found.

Jason Young's attorney did not return several messages seeking comment. Authorities have said while Young complied with an order to provide evidence that could include fingerprints and a blood sample, he has otherwise been uncooperative.

"You can't help but look at the house every time you drive by," said Jim Tate, who lives down the street. "You can't help but think what that family is going through."

Comments: Jason would gain financially from Michelle's death, and he also had a mistress on the side. In my opinion, he probably did not want to have another child either.
How very sad this case is, especially with the comparisons to Laci and Scott. What suffering poor Michelle must have gone through during this murder.

Gozgals
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Also, there is a video on Greta's website if anyone wants to view it.

http://www.charlotte.com/115/story/112290.html

Killer is still at large after six months
Michelle Young case puzzles, frustrates families and police
Marlon A. Walker
(Raleigh) News & Observer
Jason Young has kept silent and moved since Michelle's death. Photo Courtesy of WRAL-TVSix months after Michelle Young was found beaten to death in her home, everyone still wants answers.

Investigators want to know why her husband, Jason Young, 32, refuses their interview requests. Jason Young's family wants to know why the sheriff's office is focusing on him instead of hunting for the killer.

Michelle Young's family and friends want to know why justice hasn't yet been served. The Youngs' neighbors in the Enchanted Oaks subdivision south of Raleigh want to know when the frenzy that has inundated their quiet neighborhood will go away.

They all want to know who killed the pregnant mother, found on the floor of her bedroom Nov. 3 as her unharmed 2-year-old daughter tracked her mother's blood across the carpet.

Investigators congregate daily in their "war room," poring over pictures, reports and conversations with people they've interviewed.

"[The investigators] go to bed thinking about it. They wake up thinking about it," said Maj. Richard Johnson, chief of operations at the Wake County Sheriff's Office. "I wake up in the middle of the night, drinking coffee, thinking about it."

But there are many missing parts to the puzzle. No motive has emerged. Police have been mum about a murder weapon. A sexual-assault examination was not performed during the autopsy, though the City-County Bureau of Identification had requested one.

A "substantial" life insurance policy was mentioned in a search warrant, raising questions about Jason Young's involvement. Investigators have also said he had been involved in a romantic relationship with Michelle Money, a married Florida woman who graduated from N.C. State University around the same time as the Youngs. Detectives also secured warrants to search his car and collect fingerprints and blood and hair samples.

A paper trail confirms Jason Young was not in Raleigh when his wife was murdered, said Spencer Smith, a longtime Young family neighbor. And, Smith said, there was also a reciprocal life insurance policy on Jason Young that named his wife as a beneficiary.

Still, investigators are frustrated with Jason Young's refusal to talk with them. Even an hour would clue in investigators to details of the family's home life that could lead to a break.

"It's those little things we just don't know," Johnson said. "I think if he talked to us, we'd get a lot of answers to things we have questions about. Was there a light always kept on? Without talking to him, we're having to go to five or six different people for one small thing. We don't know what's normal in that house. It sure would help this case.

"Has it stopped us? No. But it has slowed us down."

Roger Smith Jr., a Raleigh lawyer whom Jason Young hired in the days after he was told of his wife's slaying, declined to comment.

Sheriff's officials dismiss the notion they have focused on Jason Young to the exclusion of other possible suspects.

"We haven't named a suspect," Sheriff Donnie Harrison said.

Johnson added: "And we have not eliminated anybody, either."

A husband keeps going

Michelle Fisher grew up in Sayville, a small town on Long Island. Jason Young grew up in Brevard, in Western North Carolina. The two met in 1997 while out with college friends at the now-defunct Have a Nice Day Cafe off Morgan Street near Charlie Goodnight's. They were married in October 2003. The following spring, they welcomed their daughter, Cassidy.

According to investigators, Jason Young said he had left the house sometime Nov. 2 for a business trip to Virginia. Friends have said Michelle Young was four months pregnant.

After his wife's death, Jason Young retreated to Brevard.

Those close to him in the small town of about 7,000 people cannot believe he had anything to do with his wife's death, Smith said Tuesday.

Although Jason Young's parents declined to talk about the crime, Smith, a retired teacher who has lived down the hill from the Young family for decades, spoke to The News & Observer with their permission.

Young loved his wife, Smith said, and was thrilled she was pregnant with their first son.

"Obviously -- because he'd be in jail right now if he didn't -- Jason was able to prove where he was," Smith said. "It was physically impossible for him to have made that trip."

Smith remembers a quiet, respectful boy who, along with other neighborhood kids, would have the neighborhood dog, a timber wolf-malamute mix named Bear, tow a sled up a hilly street so the kids could ride back down.

Smith declined to say where Young was living. Young's mother, Patricia Young, said he and Cassidy, the couple's now 3-year-old daughter, were not living in her home.

Smith said, however, that he saw Jason Young a few weeks ago. Cassidy has become Young's reason to keep going, he said.

"He's pulling his life together," Smith said. "I think at this point, he sincerely hopes they find out who did it."

Her family perseveres

Divorced years ago, Alan and Linda Fisher have worked since their daughter's slaying to make sure she remains on the minds of those who knew her -- and others touched by her death.

On Feb. 17, a vigil was held to celebrate what would have been Michelle Young's 30th birthday. Pictures online show friends, family members and others gathered with luminarias in front of St. Ann's Church in Sayville.

On April 22, the Fishers and their other daughter, Meredith, commemorated Victims' Rights Week by planting a tree to launch The Michelle Marie Fisher-Young Memorial Arbor Program. The program lets families choose a tree to be planted in honor of a loved one at any Islip, N.Y., park.

"A lot has been done to honor her memory," Alan Fisher said.

But June Fisher, Alan's wife, said it does little to mask the pain the family is feeling.

"Obviously, we're not doing well," she said. "Every day you wake up, and you still can't believe it."

In the words of friends

Michelle Young's family members also declined to talk about the investigation. They allowed her childhood friends to speak for them. There is only one message: All are ready for an arrest in Young's death. "We've been ready for one since day one," said Statia Grossman, 29, who grew up with her in New York. "One of the hardest parts about this is that it's unsolved. You don't have anybody to be angry with."

A few days ago, Jennifer Powers, facing a child-rearing problem with her 6-month-old daughter, decided to call her childhood friend for advice.

As she reached for the phone, she realized Michelle Young would never answer.

Grossman said she has weekly moments when she thinks about calling or e-mailing Young. Their conversations became more frequent when Grossman also had a daughter last July. She and Young would often compare notes on motherhood. Mostly, it was Young dispensing advice for the new mom.

Grossman and Powers said their last visit with Michelle Young was less than two weeks before she was killed. Young was in New York when Powers gave birth to her daughter. Powers said Young stopped by the hospital, beaming with joy about the baby she was carrying. She had recently found out it was a boy, and had talked with her bosses at Progress Energy about taking a six-month leave of absence after he was born. Friends said Young planned to work fewer hours after her leave.

"She only took three months' leave when Cassidy was born," Grossman said. "She wanted to be home more this time. It was hard for her to be a working mother."

Time hasn't helped fill the void made by Young's death, friends say.

But a conviction would.

"I would just like to see whoever did this horrible crime be brought to justice," Powers said.

No longer a home

A short way down Birchleaf Drive, a narrow, winding road that leads into the Enchanted Oaks subdivision, the two-story, red brick home Jason and Michelle Young purchased for $379,000 in 2005 sits empty.

A basketball hoop stands guard to the right of the garage. Layers of curtains covering the many windows keep curious passers-by at bay. Neighbors cut the grass in a bid for the normalcy they felt before police and media trucks took over the street in the weeks following the killing.

It doesn't work.

Laura Gilgen, who lives next door to the Young home, found a mallet while mowing the lawn at 5108 Birchleaf Drive a few days before Easter. Sheriff's investigators confiscated the mallet and sent it to CCBI investigators. However, the sheriff's investigators don't think it is connected to Michelle Young's death.

(Staff writers Benjamin Niolet and Sarah Ovaska and news researchers Denise Jones and Lamara Williams-Hackett contributed to this report.)

Quote:
Still, investigators are frustrated with Jason Young's refusal to talk with them. Even an hour would clue in investigators to details of the family's home life that could lead to a break.

Comments:
Jason won't talk because I think he killed his wife. Money, a mistress, and her pregnancy. That about covers most of it. This is my opinion on the case. He could of also hired someone to do the deed for him. What a shame justice has not been served so far for Michelle and her family.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First order of business would be to get an alibi from Michelle Money, but I doubt she is talking any more than the silent ex.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Transcript from Greta Reply with quote

These people never seem to talk Rd!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270545,00.html

New Clues in Brutal Murder of Michelle Young
Monday, May 07, 2007

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," May 4, 2007.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Are there new clues tonight about the brutal murder of Michelle Young? Remember that gruesome case? She was the pregnant mother bludgeoned in her home six months ago. Michelle Young's daughter walked through her mother's blood, tracking it throughout the house. Many wondered if Michelle's husband, Jason, might know something about this homicide. There was a big life insurance policy taken out on Michelle. Was Jason Young having an affair? Where is he now? And what is new in the investigation?

Joining us from Raleigh, North Carolina, WRAL reporter Amanda Lamb. Nice to have you back, Amanda. And Amanda, what is the latest in this investigation? It's now six months old.

AMANDA LAMB, WRAL RALEIGH: It is six months old, Greta. And basically, right now, we're getting the same thing we've been getting for the last few months from investigators. They say they're making progress, they're talking to people, they've interviewed over 100 people. But at this point, they haven't made an arrest, and they're also not naming any suspects.

Just this week, we did learn some new information. As investigators do, we went back and reread the case file. And one of the things that we noticed was that a rape kit had not been done. There was no indication in the autopsy report that a rape kit had been done. Of course, this is something that seems like it would be routine in the homicide of a female. Apparently, it's not.

We started asking questions about that. We talked to investigators. And as it turned out, they had requested of the North Carolina medical examiner that a rape kit be done. They had a document, a piece of paper that actually accompanies the body. It says, basically, what kind of evidence they want collected, and they did want that rape kit done. It wasn't done.

At this point, the medical examiner basically tells us that that piece of paper doesn't always translate into what happens in the autopsy, that sometimes conversations are had once the body gets there, and they decide not to do it. He really can't say at this point what happened or why it wasn't done, but it wasn't done. So they will not have that piece of evidence if this case ever goes to trial.

VAN SUSTEREN: You know, Amanda, that isn't particularly reassuring. I mean, there can always be, you know, one slip-up in an investigation. But I know that you know this, but going back to the homicide, which was November 2 or 3, that it wasn't until the week of November 20, after the scene had been processed by the investigators, that a family member went back to the scene and found a broken tooth on November 20 in the bedroom where she was murdered, where the child was walking around with bloody footprints. Aren't they at least concerned about the quality of their investigation?

LAMB: Well, you know, we're talking about a bunch of different agencies here. Obviously, we're talking about investigators. That's one area. We're talking about the North Carolina medical examiner's office. We're talking about the DA's office. So there's a lot of people involved.

In terms of that tooth, that again was something we did talk about several months ago. It was missed. They admitted it was missed. They're not sure how it was missed. But in this case, this was a case where the investigators did ask for this evidence to be collected. And again, for whatever reason, it wasn't collected. We don't know what that means to the case. But again, anything that can raise reasonable doubt in front of a jury is not a good thing, ultimately, if you try to take a case to trial.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Well, it's good they asked for it, but the problem is, when they didn't get it, they apparently didn't ask where it is, and now we're hearing about it now. All right, now, Jason Young, the husband, not a suspect, but nonetheless, he at least — he apparently had some girlfriend — or not a girlfriend, but somebody he was corresponding with, leading up to the murder. Where is he and what's he doing?

LAMB: We understand that he is back in western North Carolina in the town he grew up in, Brevard, staying with family members. We also understand that he is working again. He was a salesman in some kind of medical software sales. We believe he is working again for another company. And he also has his 3-year-old daughter in his custody.

VAN SUSTEREN: And police say that they are going to solve this? I mean, are they optimistic?

LAMB: They're very optimistic, as they've been all along. They say it's a complex case, that it takes time to put a case like this together, that they have to get it right. And as you obviously know from covering the Duke lacrosse case, a lot of people in North Carolina look at that situation and say, We cannot rush to judgment in any case.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, Amanda, thank you. And we'll continue to come back to you on this story. Thank you, Amanda.

LAMB: Thank you.

Quote:
And one of the things that we noticed was that a rape kit had not been done. There was no indication in the autopsy report that a rape kit had been done. Of course, this is something that seems like it would be routine in the homicide of a female. Apparently, it's not.

Strange, I thought this would have been routine to do also in a case like this one.

Gozgals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: