www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Doyle reviews thinly disguised play about Chandra
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peripeteia wrote:
Benn

There is some truth to every rumour! There seems little doubt that there is something to the Thomas Affair, simply because Susan Levy is convinced that there is more than what meets the eye, per se. Susan thinks that there is a link between Chandra's disappearance and the release of the information to Gary Condit that Chandra knew of the Thomas Affair. If it bothers Susan Levy, then it should bother everyone, Susan knowns.

Little does Susan Levy know, Benn you have been a constant supporter of Susan Levy's suspicious regarding her daughter's disappearance. You go Benn. You're the Best!

Good morning, kate. I am repeating your message here so that I can reply to it better. I will repeat one sentence of yours again.

>>>Susan thinks that there is a link between Chandra's disappearance and the release of the information to Gary Condit that Chandra knew of the Thomas Affair. If it bothers Susan Levy, then it should bother everyone, Susan knowns.<<<

Very good, kate. This is sort of like a jigsaw puzzle. If we get only one small piece from the puzzle in the proper place then the whole puzzle begins to take on a different appearance. I started out my message here to quote from a magazine, but we have just as good information here as they have. They might just see it first on JusticeforChandra.com

This seems like something we might write to Mike Doyle about, the timing of the events before Chandra disappeared. This seems to be something that the news did not look closely at. We have something here that Law Enforcement, and even the newspapers, do not have. We have a lot of time.

benn

What came first, the Otis Thomas story, or the Chandra Levy story? There are probably better words for phrasing this, but if we get enough words, with the right intentions, on this board, the shape of the words or the size of the table will make no difference. We will have drawn a jigsaw puzzle for the world to look at, which they will probably look at with distain.

I wrote to Doyle some long time ago about the Thomas story, and he replied. I will look on the board here and see if I can find what I wrote, and what he replied.

benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: edit added Reply with quote

Morning Benn,

How are you. Your last comment would be most helpful to me when composing my letter! (the one to Kate, about finding your comments)

Have a great day.

Benn you may send me to my mail a sample of what you have written too in the past so I can get an idea if you want........that might be helpful too.

Goz.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting a review of a performance of the play, Aphrodisiac, here:

fair use
from
Rocky Mountain News

D.C. scandal provides plenty to ponder

By Lisa Bornstein, Rocky Mountain News

January 19, 2007

For a subject so endlessly chewed and digested, it's amazing that Rob Handel has found
new food for thought with his play Aphrodisiac. But in a production directed with
intelligence and nuance by Bonnie Metzgar at Curious Theatre Company, Handel delves
into Washington sex scandals and if he doesn't give us a strong resolution or even an
overarching purpose, the playwright delivers plenty to consider.

He's not shy about his inspiration, the cause celebre of California Congressman
Gary Condit and his clandestine lover, Chandra Levy, who disappeared in the summer of
2001 and was later found murdered.

Handel's play revolves not around Condit and Levy (in the play called Dan Ferris and
Ilona Waxman), but around the congressman's adult children, Avery (Josh Robinson) and
Alma (Jessica Robblee), who have been gobsmacked by the scandal. Trying to find
the truth, or a truth, they role-play in public, re-enacting what they imagined
transpired between their father and his lover.

In just a three-person play, the acting is wholly impressive. Robblee and Robinson,
playing siblings a decade apart, come across like family that doesn't know itself very well.
In their play-acting, they play not only Dan and Ilona, but Avery and Alma's
perception of the two. Thus, Ilona becomes airy and childlike, while Dan takes on a
deep voice and commanding presence. As themselves, Robblee portrays a smart
girl who seemingly ages physically during the play as she confronts the Freudian
horrors of a father sleeping with women her age.

Robinson tries to remain objective and removed, presumably what he sees as male,
but directs his own anger toward their starched, political mother.

The third performance enters in the play's final moments, a deus ex Monica played
by Mare Trevathan with an intelligence and sophistication the public has seldom
allowed Lewinsky. She brings forth the title of the play, the sway held over willing
young women by men of power, and their indulgence of that power. She describes her
experiences with Bill Clinton with a squirm-inducing, sordid-natured
eroticism.

Most movingly, she points out that these young women did not run for office or
choose celebrity.

"Do you know what I do all day?" Lewinsky says in the play. "I practice looking
people in the eye."

bornsteinl@RockyMountainNews.com or 303-954-5101
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/on_stage/article/0,1299,DRMN_53_5288590,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: