www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. Attorney Jonathon Luna Mystery Murder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print This
Email This
More Local
August 2, 2005

Missing DA’s computer found in Susquehanna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bevin Milavsky
The Daily Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEWISBURG — Two fishermen found a laptop computer that belonged to missing Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar on Saturday morning in the West Branch of the Susquehanna River.
Bellefonte Police Chief Duane Dixon said the laptop was found beneath the Route 45 bridge between Lewisburg and Montandon.

A forensic computer expert from the state police at Selinsgrove assisted state police at Milton in examining the computer. A tag on the bottom of the machine said "Centre County Commissioners," but while police could trace the machine to Mr. Gricar, the hard drive had either fallen out or been removed before the computer was thrown into the river.

"There’s a less chance that it fell out," Mr. Dixon said. "Don’t get me wrong, anything’s possible."

The hard drive of the laptop would have been inside the computer, which makes it more likely it was removed, he said.

"Everything else was intact," he said. "The chance of it falling out on its own is pretty slim."

Mr. Dixon said it is difficult to determine how long the computer may have been in the water. As soon as one of the fishermen pulled it out with a net, it began to rust. Police had focused on the laptop as a means of determining Mr. Gricar’s whereabouts, but Mr. Dixon said the missing hard drive threw another wrench into the investigation.

"Was he communicating with someone? Was he hitting Map Quest to get directions to somewhere?" Mr. Dixon asked. "We were hoping if we found the computer and hard drive, there would been some indication of where he is. (But) it does not point us in any direction at this point."

Mr. Gricar, 59, disappeared in mid-April after calling his girlfriend, Patty Fornicola, to say he was traveling along Route 192 toward Lewisburg. His red-and-white Mini Cooper and cellular phone were found one day later in a parking lot near the Street of Shops antiques mall in Lewisburg. Mr. Gricar had planned to retire the end of this year, after serving five terms as district attorney.

The Sunbury Fire Department’s dive team combed the river Saturday and Sunday, but did not find any other items that could be linked to Mr. Gricar. The dive team had searched the river on prior occasions, but Mr. Dixon said divers were unsure if they had combed the exact area where the laptop was found. The computer was found near the third support of the bridge, on the Montandon side, and earlier searches focused more on the Lewisburg side of the river. The river is also lower and clearer than it was a few months ago.

Mr. Dixon said the dive team has been an immense help in the investigation.

"They did an excellent job both days. I can’t say enough about them," he said.

No further searches of the river are planned, and Mr. Dixon said the next step in the investigation is unclear because there is no other evidence.

"We’re still missing the car keys and sunglasses he had with him," he said. "But as far as anything that would give us any info, no."

Mr. Dixon said it is still possible that Mr. Gricar is in the river and has not surfaced yet. He said there have been cases of bodies getting past the Adam T. Bower Memorial Dam in Sunbury and washing up many miles downriver.

"That’s still a possibility," he said. "We haven’t ruled anything out yet."

E-mail comments to bmilavsky@dailyitem.com. Staff reporter G. Wayne Laepple contributed to this report.

/Quote
http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2005/0802/
local/stories/10local.htm

How timely rd, you bring the topic forward on the day that Garcia's computer was found. Not that I'm saying that Luna's and Garcia's disappearance/murders are related, however it seems there are certain liabilities, occupational hazzards involved these days in the legal profession or something? Will do some more research as I've heard nothing on Garcia's case, it seems that there is not the evidence trail that there was in Luna's case. As the hard drive is absent from the computer, Garcia's death appears that it might have been premediated, or personal, in a random killer does not bother to snatch someone's hard drive, what the use is that to trash a perfectly good lap top other than wanting the information on the hard drive. With any luck perhaps some finger prints might be on the computer, fat chance, I watch way too much CSI, in fact it is on the telly at this very moment.

Just found this article will put it in a new post. Do we have a thread on Garcia, please fell free to move these posts
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found the thread but did not post the above post are the information is already in the Garcia thread. kate
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luna concealed Justice Department,
FBI culpability in Dawson family tragedy

Posted December 27, 2004 -- In the months, days, and even hours before he died, slain Baltimore federal prosecutor Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Luna was actively engaged in concealing FBI and U.S. Justice Department culpability in what has come to be known in Baltimore as the Dawson arson fiasco.

Angela and Carnell Dawson, and their five children, were killed on October 16, 2002, in Baltimore, by a neighborhood heroin dealer who broke into their home early in the morning and started a gasoline fire on the stairway of the family’s home, killing all inside.

The Dawson family: (Top left to bottom right): Angela, Lawanda, Juan, Kevin, Keith and Carnell Jr. Carnell Sr. is not pictured.

The Dawsons for months had been fighting a losing battle with neighborhood heroin and crack dealers, many of whom had prior conviction records. In the months before they died, the Dawsons called 911 for help at least thirty-six times, to no avail.

The incident set off national outrage at the non-responsiveness of Baltimore police. Critics cited a “revolving door” justice system which allowed the Dawsons’ murdered, Darrell Brooks, back on the street despite numerous arrests and probation violations.

Unfortunately for Luna, on the same day as the Dawsons’ murder, October 16, 2002, heroin was found in the SUV of paid FBI informant Warren Grace, who was working on a case nominally overseen by Luna. It was a stroke of bad luck for Luna, who had a politician’s flair and instincts, superior to that of his boss, the Baltimore U.S. attorney.

In his new book, The Midnight Ride of Jonathan Luna, Pennsylvania writer William Keisling details how the heroin incident involving the FBI informant threw Luna into cover-up mode to protect himself, the FBI and Luna’s boss, (now-outgoing) U.S. Attorney Tom DiBiagio, from the fallout of the “atomic shock” of the Dawson fiasco.

Following the Dawson murders, hundreds of enraged citizens clamored for accountability at city meetings and neighborhood rallies across Baltimore. The brunt of the blame fell on Baltimore Mayor Martin O’Malley and his then-police commissioner, Ed Norris. “This is our moment of crisis,” O’Malley told the Washington Post, which described the political fallout from the Dawson fiasco as an “atomic shock.”

Luna’s boss, U.S. Attorney DiBiagio, assumed federal jurisdiction of the Dawson-Brooks arson case and cagily positioned himself as a white knight unconnected to the “revolving door heroin dealer” scandal. Brooks was sentenced to life behind bars. “He’s got another fifty to sixty years to think about what he did every day he sits in jail,” DiBiagio told the press in 2003. “What a colossal waste. Seven people are murdered by this drug punk.”

The Dawson family's burned-out home on Preston and Eden streets in Baltimore. What were the FBI and the Justice Department doing instead of protecting the Dawsons on October 16, 2002? It was one of slain prosecutor Luna's darkest secrets.

Click to enlarge photo (+)

“DiBiagio didn’t mention the rampaging drug punks under care of his own office,” Keisling writes. “Few people knew about that. Jonathan Luna was one of the few who did.”

In reality, Luna knew, DiBiagio “had a terrible secret of his own,” Keisling reports. “DiBiagio’s office gave kid-glove, revolving door treatment to a heroin dealer every bit as threatening to innocent Baltimoreans as Darrell Brooks, the murderer of the Dawsons. The dealer’s name was Warren Grace. Grace was not just shooting up his neighborhood, nor was he merely escaping home confinement. While receiving money from the FBI, under supervision of Tom DiBiagio’s office, Warren Grace was dealing heroin....

“On the very day the Dawsons died, October 16, 2002, FBI Special Agent Steve Skinner and his unreachable ‘Safe Streets Task Force’ sent Warren Grace into Stash House Records to buy heroin.

“Afterwards, as planned, Warren Grace met the task force at the rendezvous spot. Grace’s vehicle was searched.

“While the Dawsons' house still smoldered, a package of heroin was found hidden in Grace’s Explorer, in a storage compartment.

“Paid FBI informant Warren Grace, on the very day of the Dawsons’ mass murder, was caught with a heroin stash. For months he’d been secretly marketing heroin on the side, while under FBI employ and supervision.

“Suddenly people were paying attention. Very close attention. Hundreds of people screamed for official accountability at neighborhood rallies and town council meetings.

Monument on stairs to Dawsons in 2004

Click to enlarge photo (+)

“An unsupervised, paid FBI informant caught dealing heroin in the hood would not have looked very good. In fact, had the truth been made public in that incendiary moment, U.S. Attorney Tom DiBiagio would certainly have found himself under attack, if not driven from office. He would have had his head handed to him in a Fell’s Point picnic basket.

“A young assistant U.S. attorney in DiBiagio’s office, responsible for Warren Grace, suddenly found himself sitting on a political scandal of the first magnitude. He would now have to cover it all up. To protect himself. To protect his boss. To protect the FBI.

“The young assistant U.S. attorney’s name was Jonathan Luna.”

Rather than protecting Baltimoreans such as the Dawsons, Keisling relates, Luna knew that federal law enforcement officials, including the FBI’s aloof “Safe Streets Task Force,” were distracted by their own scandalous and often ridiculous endeavors, which the 515-page book details at length.

Luna attempted to cover up the Baltimore federal law enforcement scandal by not properly disclosing information to defense lawyers in the case. The day of Luna’s gruesome murder, a federal judge had ordered an investigation into the handling of Luna’s FBI informant.

The night of his death, Luna repeatedly expressed doubts about the legality of a plea agreement designed to protect the FBI and the Justice Department from investigation in the matter. Luna never completed the plea deal before his death.

Several hours later, Luna’s body was found face-down in an icy Pennsylvania stream, seventy miles from his office. Luna had been stabbed thirty-six times, once for each time the Dawsons’ had unsuccessfully called 911 for help, and once for every thousand dollars missing from a courthouse safe.

In this court transcript, transcribed two days before Luna's brutal murder, defense attorneys complain that Luna is mysteriously withholding information about heroin found on FBI informant Warren Grace on "10-16-02." Unbeknownst to defense lawyers, it's the day the Dawsons' house burned down.

To view more Luna transcripts, click here

An internal affairs investigator interviewed by Keisling for the book described the number of stab wounds, matching as they do important numbers in both the Dawson and the missing-money cases, as “crime signatures” that point to Luna’s murder as internal to the Baltimore federal courthouse.

The FBI, meanwhile, continues to suggest that Luna’s death was a suicide, that the athletic thirty-eight-year-old prosecutor stabbed himself as he drove alone down the Pennsylvania turnpike, before crawling into the frigid creek to drown. FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice officials have also said they are unaware of any motive for Luna’s murder.

A spokesperson for Mayor O’Malley declined comment, saying, “I have no idea what Luna was or wasn’t doing,” but she acknowedged the FBI and the Justice Department have a role to play in Baltimore’s streets.

© 2004 by William Keisling
http://yardbird.com/luna_concealed_fbi-12-27-04.htm
/quote

This seems unlikely that Luna kill himself in this fashion, unless he was a real masocist. It is possible but it would be one for the text books. I wonder if Luna had any inkling that Grace was on the take, having prior knowledge and not doing anything about what Grace was into, would have been all bad news for Luna. It seems almost impossible if Grace was dealing to all the people in the hood that the police would not have been on to his actions or that Luna would not have anyone check on this character. Wonder what the deal is with the money missing from the safe?
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: luna Reply with quote

Hi peripeteia

Geez I was posting and the phone rang...and it kicked me off line. Back..

I was going to say, " That was the same information I have been sitting on for awhile on Luna." It has just been easier for me to read on the computer. Did you see Lunas photo display there? Hum, have some notes on that.

Are you Nanci? Thanks for the welcome too.

I have some comments to add on this and other posts (such as letters to station) but will at another time.

Have a nice Sunday.

G.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, she is kate. Looking forward to more comments from you and kate on this Luna mystery.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello gozgals, yes the picture of Luna is not what I expected! It does seem like Luna was complicit, whether or not he was into kickbacks, it is difficult to say. With an investigation pending Grace, and the fire at the Dawson's, things were going South for Luna! The money missing is curious as is the wounds.

With all the trips and sitings of Luna in his triangle, one wonders what he was up to! I don't buy the guff that Luna was trying to protect those above him, his sorry ass was in high jeopardy of being roasted crispy. Did Luna make the fatal error or being not willing to take the fall or was he up to his neck in dung? His wounds are certainly suspicious? At least to fathom that these were self inflicted....?

One wonders what his dealings if any Luna may have had with Garcia? The question begs, seems like it is a liability to be a prosecutor in Penn. State!!!.

rd. I think you are so right that Garcia's body is in the river.....will check out the depth of the river and that kind of stuff. It is so remarkable that they both end up in the river, is that not some kind of a message to someone!? Likely these men were known to one another? One would think that these men crossed paths at some point, their commonality certainly would have made this most likely?

I can't believe that Luna did not know what was going down with Grace, an informant run amuk! Very intriguing and sad stories. The truth is likely never to be known. IT might be helpful if the police look a little harder for Garcia's body, surely a little more resources might be used to find a man who dedicated himself to be a public defender!? You have to take pause and wonder thousands of questions, getting the answers is much more difficult, if not impossible!
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate, I am thinking that the MO is different enough here that they aren't related, with Luna left in a creek near his car while Gricar's body made to disappear in a river near his car The depth of the water may seem to be the only difference, but a murder in plain sight versus a disappearance is a substantially different MO.

On the other hand, maybe it was inconvenient to make Luna disappear from that murder location, a strange location seemingly picked for murder, or maybe Gricar was made to disappear so as to not be obviously linked to Luna.

In any event, when prosecutors are murdered and made to disappear, you have to wonder what crimes are not being investigated and why.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can't believe that Luna did not know what was going down with Grace, an informant run amuk! Very intriguing and sad stories

peripeteia: I'm sure Luna knew what was going on with the informant running amuk in this case. I'm sure Luna was fully aware of all that was going on in his offices and those above him.

I still don't think he would have wanted to be involved in any cover-ups. That may be the reason he was "taken out."

The theory of him killing himself is so unfounded it makes me laugh. Nobody would drive that far, actually stab, even surface stab themselves that many times, and then shoot themselves. I have a few articles on matter such as how hard it is to kill yourself. In fact, people I have dealt with who have ended their lives have used traditional methods of doing this. (I think you know what I mean) Men usually will shoot themselves, women use pills, etc. To actually stab that many times is hard to do. I knew a comic that took pills and then drove off a mountain side. It was a male. I'm sure the pills made the driving off the cliff easier, and this had been planned for quite sometime. Sorry to be off the subject.

In regard to the missing money, I have no clue. I would have to study this further.

As you were stating, "It must be a dangerous time to be a prosecutor in PA!"

It appears Ray was involved with working on Herion cases too. Drugs, money, religion and sex. They are always the killers in society.

http://yardbird.com/luna.htm

Another link posting. Not to be repeating, but the whole link.

Maybe I just have a big beef and alot of angst with Defense attorneys and I like Prosecutors! No-body can fault me for that*

See the next thread for old information I found interesting. Have a great day.

G.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: An oldie but Goodie/ Sex Probe - Fox News- Dec 7-03 Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a repeat-

Slain Prosecutor's Personal Life Probed

Sunday, December 07, 2003

BALTIMORE — The investigation into the slaying of federal prosecutor Jonathan Luna (search) is focusing on his personal life, and the information being dug up is totally "erroneous," Luna's father told Fox News on Sunday.

Luna's mother and father told Fox News in a phone interview Sunday that they are very upset with this new turn in the investigation into their son's murder, and that all the details about their son and sex Internet sites, financial problems and allusion to extra-marital affairs are absolutely "not true."

Investigators are looking into messages posted by a "Jonathan Luna" on a Web site where people advertise for female sex partners, according to a federal law enforcement official who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Whether or not it was the federal prosecutor who posted the ads is unknown -- Time magazine reported that there's a much younger man who is a convicted sex offender also named Jonathan Luna.

Luna also traveled several times in recent months to the area of Pennsylvania where his body was found, and authorities were not immediately aware of any work-related business that would have taken him to the region.

A credit card Luna held without his wife's knowledge is also being investigated.

Baltimore FBI spokesman Larry Foust (search) said Sunday that investigators were still trying to determine a motive for Luna's killing.

"This is a full-court press, but we just don't know. There's a lot of information and a lot of misinformation out there," Foust said. "We have people working nonstop, overturning every stone, going where the facts lead them."

While the federal law enforcement source told the AP that investigators had found nothing to indicate the killing was related to Luna's work, Luna's father and friends are convinced his death was tied to his career.

For years, Paul D. Luna (search), 83, had urged his son to return to private practice instead of prosecuting drug dealers and violent criminals. The assistant U.S. attorney had just worked out plea deals in one drug case late Wednesday, hours before he was found dead, stabbed 36 times and left face down in a Pennsylvania creek.

"I was warning him many times," Paul Luna told the AP on Sunday. "I'm very positive that this is for his work. I even told that to the FBI."

He said two FBI agents interviewed him for about three hours Saturday.

The same day, investigators were in Lancaster County, Pa., showing hotel owners pictures of the slain 38-year-old prosecutor. Hotel owners and managers said they were asked to review their guest registers for Wednesday and Thursday nights and asked if they had video security cameras.

Paul Luna said he told the FBI agents about a planned trip to New York after Thanksgiving, which was the last time he saw his son.

"I reminded him about taking me to New York. He says, 'Not this week, Dad. I'm sorry, because I have a case. I have to go to Pennsylvania,'" he recalled his son saying. Paul Luna said he didn't know what the case or trip was related to and that his son rarely told him details about his work.

He said investigators also asked him whether his son had any financial dealings with anyone and whether he was having financial problems.

"I don't think he was having problems because he was planning to go to the Philippines with me next month," said the father, who is from that country. "So if he has problems, why should he do that?"

Friends also said money was never a problem for Luna. Though he was a successful prosecutor and his wife is an obstetrician, they own modest family sedans.

They bought their Elkridge townhouse for $174,900 in 2000. They talked later about buying a bigger home but decided against it because they would rather spend the extra money on family vacations, said neighbor Dana Stango.

Paul Luna said he gave investigators names of his son's friends in New York, where his son had been an assistant district attorney in the late 1990s.

He also said he was asked about relationships his son may have had but said he had no knowledge of any possible extramarital affair. His son appeared to be happily married to his wife, Angela, he said.

"It looked like they were very much in love with each other," Paul Luna said. He said he saw the couple and their two young sons frequently.

Two of Luna's friends in New York also believe his death is connected to his job, though they said he never expressed fear of the people he was prosecuting.

"Those that he was putting away were more likely than personal acquaintances, I think, to take that kind of action," said Merlin Bass, a New York tax attorney who roomed with Luna during law school and remained close to him.

Reggie Shuford, another former University of North Carolina law school friend, said he was shocked when he heard investigators were probing Luna's personal life.

"It's absolutely amazing to me," Shuford said. "I cannot fathom that."

Bass and Shuford said FBI agents called them over the weekend to ask about their friend. Shuford said investigators told him his name was in Luna's Palm Pilot and was mentioned by Luna's father. In response to their questions, Shuford told them Luna didn't have a girlfriend or any money problems.

Paul Luna said he had not heard from investigators on Sunday, but planned to call them Monday to find out how much closer they were getting to "nail down this criminal who killed my son."

"He killed my son, but he also killed me," he said.

Fox News' Rebecca Gomez and The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,105039,00.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: and a follow up- Blogging for the sake of Blogging (not) Reply with quote

Blogging on J. Luna's Personal Life

Sex, Ah Lies, or what?

The old News of the Gossips...Just for anyone's interest..

"Jonathan Luna's twisted world of sex and debt probed."
Note: this is the name of the article*

OPPS: sorry it was against their policy rights to reprint this material. I must delete its gossip. Sorry again.

And to respond. I saw the photo gallery of Luna's pics. I liked how the author stated:

"He was a young Julian Bond." I'm not quoting exactly. This made me giggle as I remember doing club work in Atlanta and Mr. Bond would go to the club. It catered to those in Atlanta that were of all walks of life, (political, funny, just average, medical convention people, etc). Mr. Bond at that time gossip was going around that Mr. Bond had an addiction to Coke. (side notes)* see link added

I did notice the a slight J. Bond (ish) look when I saw Luna's pic gallery. I could see the ladies going for him. I know this is pure gossip, but I think it may have helped him in gathering information when he did his work, esp. if he had to perform undercover activities.

The infor. below has all been cut.
Too bad, it was rather interesting, the thoughts of others.

G

Updated link

***********I would not ever want to tarnish Mr. Bonds name. I have included an additional link on J. Bond as not to gossip without my head. We hear rumors where we hang out..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/features/bond.htm

Civil Rights Survivors

By Linton Weeks
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 21, 1998

Dr. Julian Bond during part of his teaching day at UVA. (Dudley M. Brooks/The Post)

CHARLOTTESVILLE—Even to Julian Bond it seems like a wake. On this April evening, about 60 friends, colleagues and well-wishers sit in folding chairs on the mezzanine of the University of Virginia bookstore. Seven people – one by one – walk up to the lectern and speak bountifully of Bond. Finally, the newly elected chairman of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People takes center stage.

see link for the rest of the article........

Last edited by gozgals on Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with gossip, otherwise known as speculation, which is all we have. :)

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Slain Prosecutor Ducked Polygraph Investigation Reply with quote

-----Just found this in my mail:

http://crime.about.com/b/a/229033.htm

Slain Prosecutor Ducked Polygraph Investigation
Crime/Punishment Blog

From Charles Montaldo,
Your Guide to Crime / Punishment.

December 21, 2005

Slain Prosecutor Ducked Polygraph Investigation

A federal prosecutor who was found stabbed and drowned in a Pennsylvania stream in 2003 was under investigation for $36,000 in missing bank robbery evidence and postponed a polygraph test shortly before he died, a news report said.

Jonathan P. Luna, a federal prosecutor in Baltimore, was found Dec. 4, 2003 face down in a stream in Lancaster County. His car was nearby with the engine running. Luna suffered 36 stab wounds, but investigators said most of them were superficial.

A report in The Washington Post revealed that Luna was asked to take a polygraph test in connection with the disappearance of money from a bank robbery case he prosecuted in 2002. Although everyone else who had access to the three shrink-wrapped stacks of $20 bills took polygraph tests, Luna postponed his, using his work schedule as an excuse.

According to the Post report, investigators found that Luna had financial problems, but he came into possession of more than $10,000 shortly after the evidence money went missing.

An FBI spokesman confirmed that the agency was considering suicide as one possibility in the death Luna, but would give no further details.

See Also:
Report: Slain U.S. Prosecutor Postponed Polygraph Test Before He Died

Background:
Jonathan Paul Luna

Anyone have any Comments on this article or on J. Luna? I still think a cover up is going on and this means nothing. I wish the media would not have dropped this story like the hot potato it appears to be!

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very interesting, goz. That would explain some things. I recall there were questions about an unexplained sum of money, and so some speculation about him being involved in drugs or selling drugs from evidence lockers or something along those lines. That was close, in fact.

The only question I would have is what the heck he was doing making periodic drives up I-95 in the middle of the night to the degree that at least one gas station atttendant said he recognized him from frequent trips. I don't know how reliable that was though.

Another question would be why this info was released so long after his disappearance and discovery in a creek in Pennsylvania next to his car. We have a long list of articles here where law enforcement claims to be dumbfounded, looked at his records and couldn't find anything. etc. Yet the DA's office would have known this from day one.

It looks to me like they were trying to catch other people involved, maybe still are with this tidbit.

The mystery is over though. Thanks for wrapping that up, goz.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: updated news Reply with quote

Monday February 26, 2007 9:12am

Attorney, P.I. Ask for Inquest in Prosecutor's Death

LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - A private investigator and a family attorney are trying to force the Lancaster County coroner to conduct an inquest into the mysterious death of a federal prosecutor more than three years ago.

Private investigator Ed Martino and attorney Jim Clymer filed a petition earlier this month, contending that the coroner, G. Gary Kirchner, wrongly declined to conduct an inquest into the death in 2003 of 38-year-old Jonathan Luna.

Coroner's office attorney Neil Albert argues that the law does not require Kirchner to conduct inquests.

Luna was found dead in a stream on December 4th, 2003. His car was hanging over the stream bank, still running, and investigators found blood on the floor of the back seat.

Authorities say Luna, who was an assistant US attorney, had left his office in the Baltimore federal courthouse shortly after 11:30 the night before.

http://www.abc27.com/news/stories/0207/400659.html

Comments: I was so elated when someone mailed me this article. All I can say is that I hope they do have an inquest. It is never too late!

Gozgals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: